Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,100 members, 7,828,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures (1889 Views)

Testimony Of A Nairalander Who Got Healed Of Bed Wetting At 19 / TB Joshua: Cameroonian Doctor Healed Of COVID-19 Disease / "I Was Healed Of HIV At Father Ebube Muonso's Adoration Ministry" - Lady (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by TiredOfFighting(f): 10:04am On Dec 18, 2018
How God healed my younger brother of schschizophrenia -Mental illness. (Long read).

Hi everyone, I want to share with us how my brother got healed of Schizophrenia.
I remember coming here to seek for help some time ago when I was really overwhelmed and at the brink of giving up.
The same way I came here to complain, I want to also come here to give God the gratitude for coming tru for my brother and to let someone out there know that God works.

Some time in 2015, I was at work one of those days, at this time, my kid brother was working on late dad's death certificate and all the supporting documents.
We had just buried my dad and being the next of kin, He had to run around the post burial process while I returned back to work.
He was supposed to join me later.
Then I got a text message, " Your brother Emma is now mad".

That message was the beginning of a hell of a journey.

I sent for him to be sent to me at my then base from Akwaibom.
When I saw my brother, he looked like a shadow of himself.
My brother was looking like a bag of bones.
Eyes deep in the socket, I could count his ribs and all.
Then he kept saying " They want to kill me, after all my hardwork, they don't want to give me my right".
He would not sleep at night, he will pace the house round and round, he will carry his back pack bag once it's dawn, wear a shirt, boxers and bathroom slippers and say he is going out. He will roam the whole neighbourhood, come back at night.

Emma is a very hardworking guy, after JAMB, he learnt how to screed and paint while waiting for his results just so he won't be idle.
When his first JAMB didn't favour him, he went to work with construction firms and was supporting the house financially.
So even in the mental state, Emma will never stay at home once it's day break.

About 3weeks after he joined me, I got transferred to Lagos at my office so I moved with Emma.
Being the eldest of 3 of us from Mum, I was responsible for him plus we have not had help coming from relatives in the past, so I Didn't think It was necessary to involve them.

Back in Lagos, The illness was beginning to get worse, I had increased my prayer intensity more than before.
Sometimes, my brother will go out, always with his backpack, will come back with loads of Nylons, papers and all, then he will show me pictures from the papers and say stuffs like " they are looking for me in UBA, I am now famous, UBA wants to employ me".
I'd cry , I'd pray, go to work and all.
I applied for my leave so I'd be able to find help for Emmanuel.

One of my uncles got to find out about Emma's condition and called me and of course was lambasting me and all, then he told me to send Emma to him in PH. That he will take care of Emma, that I don't know how to take care of Emma, that in 6 months, I'd see the difference and blah.
I was so happy to get a helping hand after a few months. To cut this part short, 2weeks after, he sent Emmanuel back to me and said, he couldn't continue, that he was my cross and I shud carry it. Of course while Emma was with him, I was sending money for his upkeep and medicals cus this uncle is not financially buoyant.

As the months passed by, Emmanuel was getting worse, it seemed like his nerves were failing cus of the many walkabouts, restlessness and all.
So he was becoming slow.

We got into a phase were he was like on pause mode. He will stand or sit or stay on a spot for over 7hrs no moving.
I may leave him to work in front of the mirror and come back to meet him there, his food untouched. If I touch him, will just fall like a lifeless stick.
Then I'd just quickly boil water, massage himwith balms, feed him and let him sleep.
He had also began to wee on himself.

It was time to seek Medical help.
I had saved up a little money as I earlier heard that psychiatric hospitals were expensive.

Now Emma had gotten to a stage where he will fall into unconsciousness for a whole day. I'd just give him salt and sprite solution just to keep some sugar in his system while in that state.

I took him to Yaba psychiatric Hospital at this point and he was admitted at the Emergency ward. A patient can stay 3 days here for the Doctors to Examine them and advice
further action.
Through out the 3days, Emma was on drip and unconscious. Then the DoDocts on the 3rd day said they couldn't give him fill admission unless I got an MRI report.
At this point, I was over spent. 3 days in the emergency ward cost 50k, and we were there at the emergency ward 2wice. Excluding other expenses. I was literally begging for him to be admitted on full time basis where I would spend 50k monthly for his accommodation there. I didn't mind , I just wanted my brother to be fine.
Of course the Doctors said they couldn't continue unless I got an MRI.
Being over spent at the point, I couldn't afford the MRI so the other option was to take him home and bring him from home. We were given some drugs.
Being on the drugs, he became violent.

The drugs were able to keep him conscience and a little mentally stable but wasn't for long.
In times when he would be himself, he would tell me to stop giving him those drugs that they were altering his thoughts and all.
Confused as I was, I continued, I would even hide it in drinks. As long as they will keep him conscious.

One day, I brought the drugs to him, in drink. With his food, he tasted and and discovered.
The next thing, was a slap, then another, then another, he attacked me like he never had done in his entire life. The point he picked a power bank to hit my head, I ran out of the house.
From my neighbours house, I could hear sounds of breaking and scattering. He was tearing the room apart.
That was the last time I ever gave him those drugs again(July last year).

He was fine for a few days, then he began to relapse and became worse off.
He will wee, take odd positions for long and all the odd stuff.

The stress Being there for him was beginning to tell on me. I'd have to bath him, cloth him. Feed him before and after work.
My job was a Monday to Saturday job and it got to a point
I had to choose btwn him and work and so I tendered my resignation.
I was going to keep up with a little side business that will give me more time.

Of course things were becoming gradually tougher
Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by TiredOfFighting(f): 10:05am On Dec 18, 2018
I got into a big trouble in the course of my side business, I had just been duped of a clients money plus a lot of other complications that followed. Was reported to the police, got arrested and couldn't get anyone to bail me so I went from court to prison (Awaiting trial) and I spent 8months.
While I was in prison, I met a couple of Mad people, one of them exhibited the kind of traits my brother exhibited.
At this time, I was so worried about him and how he will survive and all. I would pray, think about him and my heart will skip.
One day, the Holy spirit said to me, help these mad people here and ur brother at home will find help.
There was this particular girl that I became close to.
She was mentally ill, exhibited all sort of odd behaviours and worse off, eats poo. I took particular interest in her cus she reminded me of my brother at home. I would supervise the cloths she would wear, she will tell me sometimes that she was seeing people and they were talking to her and telling her to do odd things like hit her head on the wall over and over.
One day, I held her hand, prayed for her, got her born again( She was a Muslim), got her to start going to church and also to read Psalm 91 every night before she sleeps.

A few weeks after that experience with this girl, my case was called off and I was released from prison.
I was so scared to go home because feed backs I got said my brother was angry and would most times chase away people I sent to check on him. Now , for over 5months, my brother slipped into a state where his speech was affected and he stopped talking.
He never said a word for over 5months(that's before prison).
But when I got home, I met my brother in a different state.
He greeted me, welcomed me and was cleaning the house when I got home that morning.
He spoke to me and I almost fainted.
At this point, he had been informed about my predicament and so he was talking to me like how did it go and all.
I was literally shaking.

Then my friends began to tell me how the Pastor of the Estate branch of my church took him for a deliverance programme in my church and one of the ministering Pastors discerned his case, called him out and prayed for him. My brother got baptised in that program and that was how it all ended. My brother became completely whole I was told he even testified.
Now he says he wants to go back to school, he needs new cloths and shoes.
Like he communicates well.

The same way I came here to post about it, seeking help, I have come here to encourage someone that there is nothing God cannot do.
I remember some people said I should leave him to roam, others said I should leave him and run away and continue my life.
One of the things I told my self was, I will never leave him and run away, I know the sacrifices my brother made for me. I love him so much.
There are times I felt like drinking sniper cus it felt like all was too much, I would just think about my brother and that was about the only thing that stopped me from ending my life.

I'm so grateful to God.
When I became weak, couldn't find words to pray again, God was my strength.
He gave me wonderful people, both in and out of prison that encouraged me.
I've been trying to get back on my feet again.
I lost a lot during my time in prison, Our rent is over 4 Months due, I am like down to nothing, I don't know what 25th December will look like for us but in all, I am so thankful. My greatest joy is that is that Emmanuel made it through and is well.
Only Jesus could have done this.
I'd post a few pictures for proof.
I currently don't have Recent pictures of Emmanuel but the one I posted with two of us in it is what he looks like now. The picture is from before the illness took a toll and left him like ribs and bones.

(Let me also add that a few weeks after I left prison, I meet back to visit, I asked for the mad girl and feedback I got was that she was no longer eating poo, she had improved greatly and no longer exhibits odd behaviours. And a month ago, she was released from prison.)

Cc Dominique sissy3 Royalroy please front page. Let someone be encouraged

Loannes Mrstheo benita27 ameenahz thank you guys for your kind words when I earlier posted about the issue last year

Cc:
lalasticlala
ishilove

5 Likes

Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by TiredOfFighting(f): 10:06am On Dec 18, 2018
Photos below

Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by rastaLivity: 10:24am On Dec 18, 2018
there's a popular mad dude around Mgbeusilaru,rumuadara, okporo axis, that's always shouting 'they want to share all my properties in'.... (can't remember the state). can you upload some of his pix when he was crazy/mental
Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by LuciferGospel: 10:30am On Dec 18, 2018
TiredOfFighting:
I got into a big trouble in the course of my side business, I had just been duped of a clients money plus a lot of other complications that followed. Was reported to the police, got arrested and couldn't get anyone to bail me so I went from court to prison (Awaiting trial) and I spent 8months.

(Let me also add that a few weeks after I left prison, I meet back to visit, I asked for the mad girl and feedback I got was that she was no longer eating poo, she had improved greatly and no longer exhibits odd behaviours. And a month ago, she was released from prison.)

So you're an ex-convict?

*spits angry

Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by OpenYourEyes1: 10:47am On Dec 18, 2018
TiredOfFighting:
While I was in prison, I met a couple of Mad people, one of them exhibited the kind of traits my brother exhibited.
At this time, I was so worried about him and how he will survive and all. I would pray, think about him and my heart will skip.
One day, the Holy spirit said to me, help these mad people here and ur brother at home will find help.
There was this particular girl that I became close to.
She was mentally ill, exhibited all sort of odd behaviours and worse off, eats poo. I took particular interest in her cus she reminded me of my brother at home. I would supervise the cloths she would wear, she will tell me sometimes that she was seeing people and they were talking to her and telling her to do odd things like hit her head on the wall over and over.
One day, I held her hand, prayed for her, got her born again( She was a Muslim), got her to start going to church and also to read Psalm 91 every night before she sleeps.

A few weeks after that experience with this girl, my case was called off and I was released from prison.
I was so scared to go home because feed backs I got said my brother was angry and would most times chase away people I sent to check on him. Now , for over 5months, my brother slipped into a state where his speech was affected and he stopped talking.
He never said a word for over 5months(that's before prison).
But when I got home, I met my brother in a different state.
He greeted me, welcomed me and was cleaning the house when I got home that morning.
He spoke to me and I almost fainted.
At this point, he had been informed about my predicament and so he was talking to me like how did it go and all.
I was literally shaking.

Then my friends began to tell me how the Pastor of the Estate branch of my church took him for a deliverance programme in my church and one of the ministering Pastors discerned his case, called him out and prayed for him. My brother got baptised in that program and that was how it all ended. My brother became completely whole I was told he even testified.
Now he says he wants to go back to school, he needs new cloths and shoes.
Like he communicates well.

The same way I came here to post about it, seeking help, I have come here to encourage someone that there is nothing God cannot do.
I remember some people said I should leave him to roam, others said I should leave him and run away and continue my life.
One of the things I told my self was, I will never leave him and run away, I know the sacrifices my brother made for me. I love him so much.
There are times I felt like drinking sniper cus it felt like all was too much, I would just think about my brother and that was about the only thing that stopped me from ending my life.

I'm so grateful to God.
When I became weak, couldn't find words to pray again, God was my strength.
He gave me wonderful people, both in and out of prison that encouraged me.
I've been trying to get back on my feet again.
I lost a lot during my time in prison, Our rent is over 4 Months due, I am like down to nothing, I don't know what 25th December will look like for us but in all, I am so thankful. My greatest joy is that is that Emmanuel made it through and is well.
Only Jesus could have done this.
I'd post a few pictures for proof.
I currently don't have Recent pictures of Emmanuel but the one I posted with two of us in it is what he looks like now. The picture is from before the illness took a toll and left him like ribs and bones.

Cc Dominique sissy3 Royalroy please front page. Let someone be encouraged

Loannes Mrstheo benita27 ameenahz thank you guys for your kind words when I earlier posted about the issue last year

Cc:
lalasticlala
ishilove

You have a beautiful heart my dear. I am pleased you didn't abandon your brother as advised by online lunatics.
Glad your brother is OK..
You are a wonderful woman.

6 Likes

Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by bedspread: 10:48am On Dec 18, 2018
ONLY GOD ALMIGHTY CAN DO THIS!

TO GOD Alone be all the Praises!
I Praise GOD for you bro

2 Likes

Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by TiredOfFighting(f): 11:40am On Dec 18, 2018
OpenYourEyes1:

You have a beautiful heart my dear. I am pleased you didn't abandon your brother as advised by online lunatics.
Glad your brother is OK..
You are a wonderful woman.

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by Anas09: 2:34pm On Dec 18, 2018
And you are a girl. Wow. I'm soooo glad your bro is okay. In this life the secret of receiving is giving.

Apply it in all aspects of your life. Look for those who cannot help themselves and cannot pay you back, and help them.
Don't worry abt 25Dec. there'll many 25Decs. What if you came out and Emma was dead? What if he had completely gone mad and nowhere to be found?

Give God High Praise for the remaining days of this year and He'll surprise you with another job better than the former.

2 Likes

Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by Anas09: 2:36pm On Dec 18, 2018
Watch out for the demon possessed agents of satan who will come in here to taunt you. Be sure to ignore them.

2 Likes

Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by NPComplete: 2:52pm On Dec 18, 2018
OP I have no doubt that your brother is feeling better. What I fear though is that u aren't telling us the whole truth. There is a tendency for people to oversimplify or embellish stories. I somehow doubt ur brother got well immediately. The healing could have been gradual but u won't tell us that anyway because it doesn't make for a very interesting story.

Whatever you are doing that is making your brother alright, keep doing it. If it is drugs u or whatever, keep giving him that drug. And if u haven't been giving him drugs, start giving him those drugs or keep the drugs close always. People with a history of mental illness are not called that because they are constantly ill. They are called that because the illness reoccur over time and they usually have long periods of time intermittently when they appear normal. I have an experience with one of such people when I was in school so I know what I am talking about.

So take my advice. If u don't gain anything by sharing this story, at least u will have gained something from what I shared. Keep drugs close by. Always remember that. There might be grave consequences if u fail to do so. Unfortunately, if u face those consequences, u won't come here to share the story gleefully like u are now. And no other person will know. I pray it doesn't come to that.
Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by CAPSLOCKED: 3:18pm On Dec 18, 2018
TiredOfFighting:

SO WE HAVE THIS KIND OF MAGICIAN IN NIGERIA AND MAD MEN AND WOMEN ARE STILL DANCING NÂKED IN THE STREETS AND THE PSYCH HOSPITALS ARE OVERLOADED.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by spongeisback: 3:20pm On Dec 18, 2018
OP I read your other thread a couple of months back. I felt pity that a young lady is going through what you were.

Am happy about his current state, please like all mental illness schizophrenia has its "rest" period. He shouldn't go off his meds, and if he isn't on any make sure he's placed on medication ASAP.

3 Likes

Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by hahn(m): 3:25pm On Dec 18, 2018
This epistle only points out the incompetence of Jehovah if nothing else

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by MuttleyLaff: 3:32pm On Dec 18, 2018
charliboy654:
Very wrong, u don't just accuse people like that.
It's obvious Emma is suffering from drug abuse, I once had an uncle like that, though he's late now.
I too know of family members and friends that became victims of recreational drugs

We all have different tolerance levels and threshold limits, once you step over it on those poo, it is welcome to wacko world.

I once, in my late teens/early twenties, cant correctly place when out of curiosty and wanting to find out what the buzz and fuss is about marijuana, so I tried "gbanna" but it didnt shack me. I remember after the draws, saying is that it because nothing spectacular happened. The earth didnt move under my feet, I didnt float, the world didnt stop.

Now what waned my interest in it and stopped me from again dabbling in it and other recreational poo , first was the self respect I have for myself
and second, that I love to keep, have and maintain my sanity naturally

Drugs are a waste of time, it'll take you to hell, disguised as heaven.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by keepingmum: 5:20pm On Dec 18, 2018
i remember reading your initial post seeking help for your brother and i felt really sad of the state of the health system....then you went quiet and resurfaced and explained your absence over been duped and incarcerated and my heart just sank for you.
I felt the helplessness in you especially when you were looking to even sell your phone though you needed it, i am grateful to God for life and for your family.
the good works he has begun will only get better and permanent in jesus name

3 Likes

Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by TiredOfFighting(f): 5:40pm On Dec 18, 2018
keepingmum:
i remember reading your initial post seeking help for your brother and i felt really sad of the state of the health system....then you went quiet and resurfaced and explained your absence over been duped and incarcerated and my heart just sank for you.
I felt the helplessness in you especially when you were looking to even sell your phone though you needed it, i am grateful to God for life and for your family.
the good works he has begun will only get better and permanent in jesus name

Amen.
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by NormalThing: 5:48pm On Dec 18, 2018
My eyes are heavy reading your story. To even think you are a lady and went through everything you did for your family. And you didn't relent.
You are the definition of through thick or thin. I can relate with your story. I'm glad you realised the problem was spiritual.

God will bless you and your brother. God will bless your family abundantly. You will never lack. You will never know struggle. Smiles will never depart your face. Darkness will never prevail over you or your children. Amen

3 Likes

Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by Ranchhoddas: 6:37pm On Dec 18, 2018
I read your previous thread before reading this and I must admit I got goosebumps. I am happy for you and I'm positive that other things in your life will turn out right real soon.

2 Likes

Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by Ranchhoddas: 6:45pm On Dec 18, 2018
NPComplete:
OP I have no doubt that your brother is feeling better. What I fear though is that u aren't telling us the whole truth. There is a tendency for people to oversimplify or embellish stories. I somehow doubt ur brother got well immediately. The healing could have been gradual but u won't tell us that anyway because it doesn't make for a very interesting story.

Whatever you are doing that is making your brother alright, keep doing it. If it is drugs u or whatever, keep giving him that drug. And if u haven't been giving him drugs, start giving him those drugs or keep the drugs close always. People with a history of mental illness are not called that because they are constantly ill. They are called that because the illness reoccur over time and they usually have long periods of time intermittently when they appear normal. I have an experience with one of such people when I was in school so I know what I am talking about.

So take my advice. If u don't gain anything by sharing this story, at least u will have gained something from what I shared. Keep drugs close by. Always remember that. There might be grave consequences if u fail to do so. Unfortunately, if u face those consequences, u won't come here to share the story gleefully like u are now. And no other person will know. I pray it doesn't come to that.
A pastor discerned his case and he was healed in that program. I know a lot about drugs and your comments leave me wondering how drugs come in here?
What drugs could possibly have put him in a condition where he now wants to return to school?

Tell me their names.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by Ranchhoddas: 6:49pm On Dec 18, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
I too know of family members and friends that became victims of recreational drugs

We all have different tolerance levels and threshold limits, once you step over it on those poo, it is welcome to wacko world.

I once, in my late teens/early twenties, cant correctly place when
out of curiosty and wanting to find out what the buzz and fuss is about marijuana,
so I tried gbanna but it didnt shack me.
I remember after the draws, saying is that it because nothing spectacular happened
The earth didnt move under my feet, I didnt float, the world didnt stop.

Now what waned my interest in it
and stopped me from again dabbling in it and other recreational poo , first was the self respect I have for myself
and second, that I love to keep, have and maintain my sanity naturally

Drugs are a waste of time, it take you to hell, disguised as heaven.
What are you saying? What drugs can cause catatonic seizures for a long time and psychiatrists at Yaba will not detect in your system? List them if know any. Perhaps you are not familiar with the term "catatonic"?
Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by NPComplete: 7:01pm On Dec 18, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
A pastor discerned his case and he was healed in that program. I know a lot about drugs and your comments leave me wondering how drugs come in here?
What drugs could possibly have put him in a condition where he now wants to return to school?

Tell me their names.

Lol. U no sabi as e dey go. I had a close friend once that had an issue like this. If u see him on the road u will not believe he is capable of violent insanity. Unfortunately I can't tell u the name of his drugs. This happened over 10 years ago. What I know is that as soon as he started taking them, he was calm and after a while he regained normalcy. He missed 1 semester because of his illness and as soon as he came back, he wanted to return to school and do much better with his life. Wish I can say he was able to continue.
Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by Ranchhoddas: 7:04pm On Dec 18, 2018
NPComplete:

Lol. U no sabi as e dey go. I had a close friend once that had an issue like this. If u see him on the road u will not believe he is capable of violent insanity. Unfortunately I can't tell u the name of his drugs. This happened over 10 years ago. What I know is that as soon as he started taking them, he was calm and after a while he regained normalcy. He missed 1 semester because of his illness and as soon as he came back, he wanted to return to school and do much better with his life. Wish I can say he was able to continue.
Not the same thing. This guy was not on drugs before the event. The only person who could administer his drugs was in jail. What do you make of that?
Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by NPComplete: 7:06pm On Dec 18, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Not the same thing. This guy was not on drugs before the event. The only person who could administer his drugs was in jail. What do you make of that?

How do u know this? I told u not to take stories at their face value. So the brother has been living all alone all this while while she was in jail, right? Who was feeding him?
Guy why u dey fall hand like this?

2 Likes

Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by Ranchhoddas: 7:21pm On Dec 18, 2018
NPComplete:

How do u know this? I told u not to take stories at their face value. So the brother has been living all alone all this while while she was in jail, right? Who was feeding him?
Guy why u dey fall hand like this?
Na you dey fall hand because you wan dismiss without examination. Feeding can easily be done by anyone. It's not like they have to put food in his mouth.

Drugs for mental disorders like these such as benzodiazepines are prescription-only medication that have dosage regimens that must be followed to a T.

Who would have done that for the duration of her stay in prison?

I see how you have also ignored the fact that a pastor discerned his case in the said service.
Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by MuttleyLaff: 7:22pm On Dec 18, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
What are you saying? What drugs can cause catatonic seizures for a long time and psychiatrists at Yaba will not detect in your system? List them if know any.
Perhaps you are not familiar with the term catatonic"?
Are you saying marijuana is not a recreational drug?

These my family member and other friend had this bout from abuse of it.
Both thanks to medications are OK enough to live almost good normal lives but not without little obvious and subtle drawbacks.

I am familiar with the term "catatonic with schizophrenia"

What I know about it is what let's me keep away from recreational drugs.

Even as much as I used to take pleasure in smoking cigarettes and cigars before, the moment I realised that, I am within my limits, responsible for my health and wellbeing I jacked in the vice and habit
Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by Ranchhoddas: 7:34pm On Dec 18, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Are you saying marijuana is not a recreational drug?

These my family member and other friend had this bout from abuse of it.
Both thanks to medications are OK enough to live almost good normal lives but not without little obvious and subtle drawbacks.

I am familiar with the term catatonic.
What I know about it is what let's me keep away from recreational drugs.

Even as much as I used to take pleasure in smoking cigarettes and/or cigars before, the moment I realised that, I am within my limits, responsible for my health and wellbeing I jacked in the vice and habit
Marijuana is a drug that stimulates rather than depresses. Catatonia is a depressive Your friend got in a catatonic state from using marijuana?
Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by NPComplete: 7:44pm On Dec 18, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Na you dey fall hand because you wan dismiss without examination. Feeding can easily be done by anyone. It's not like they have to put food in his mouth.

Drugs for mental disorders like these such as benzodiazepines are prescription-only medication that have dosage regimens that must be followed to a T.

Who would have done that for the duration of her stay in prison?

I see how you have also ignored the fact that a pastor discerned his case in the said service.

Guy no dey fall my hand na. Insanity is not always permanent. During the duration of his psychotic episodes someone must have been there especially to keep him from harming himself. And if the insanity is partly as a result of substance abuse, as I suspect it is because she said her brother smokes and drinks, then it is likely to subside when the substance is no longer available freely. And whoever he was staying with while she was in jail had a lot of incentive to ensure a strict medication so as not to risk himself or his family. Maybe the guy was even chained somewhere.

The pastor is the most laughable explanation I have seen. She was not even there. The pastor is not any different from the pastors that cut homeless and occasionally insane people's hair while they are lucid and claim it is by their power. All the pastor need do is find the guy when he is in his more lucid state and convalescent and start exploiting him.
Unfortunately the OP was not there. The story was told to her probably by the pastor and his followers. The OP doesn't seem like a person who is very good at taking a rational look at things. She is a woman after all. So she believes everything. Sadly, insanity like this is very likely to reoccur. For her safety I hope she is prepared and at least trying to avoid it.
Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:44pm On Dec 18, 2018
TiredOfFighting:
Photos below

I am glad your brother is doing great. Thank Jesus he is okay now, and will always be okay through Christ Jesus. His healing is permanent in Jesus.

It is well you and your entire household through Christ.
Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by MuttleyLaff: 7:47pm On Dec 18, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Marijuana is a drug that stimulates rather than depresses. Catatonia is a depressive
Your friend got in a catatonic state from using marijuana?
Marijuana does more than stimulation when abused and misused.
If one is predisposed to it, recreational use of marijuana can give a helping hand and leg up into a catatonic state

I remember him telling me at the onset of this whole thing, he said they are saying I am crazy.
I just listened to him, mute.
What can you say in a situation like that.
Now because of the drug(s) he is given to manage this, he has ballooned to three his normal size and previous physical stature, has now a big man pot belly and above all docile everyday or time I see him. He now talks under his breath, almost like as if he is whispering

Recreational drugs e.g. marijuana, cocaine and their cousins like tramadol/codeine addiction, bath salts etcetera
can be a waste of time, taking you to hell, disguised as heaven

I remember from back in the day, an old friend of mine,
just a quarter full glass of lager gets him intoxicated whilst we are doing pints and still sober
That is why I said, we all have different tolerance levels and individual threshold limits.
Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by TiredOfFighting(f): 10:23pm On Dec 18, 2018
[quote author=NPComplete post=73967109]

Guy why u dey fall hand like this?[/quote

Thanks a lot @ Ranchoddas

Lemme make some clarifications.
My brother took the drugs prescribed at Yaba psychiatric barely up to 13days in total.
The 3 days we were at the hospital, the second 3days and then when we got back home for about 7days differently.
He was placed on carbamezopine(can't remember the exact spelling) and other drugs.
If you know how carbamezopine works, you must take it for at least 1year before the patient can regain a little stability and it's a life time drugs.

Surely, 13 days is very insignificant for drugs to have cured him.

Also, he Doesn't smoke nor drink.
Mentioned in my previous post about smoking. That day, I came back and thoughthe was the one smoking so I was worried. I could smell smoke all over the house.

I got to find out it was my neighbour who was smoking at the time. He had a terrible injury and was smoking daily to ease his pain in his words.
Then my brother was talking so I asked him later on if he was the one smoking and he said no.

About his feeding, I have a neighbour who was helping me give him food. My church in the estate was very much involved in seeing to his welfare while I was away.

My brother has stopped taken drugs over A year before he got his healing.
It wasn't drugs I can tell you cus after he attacked me, I threw all the drugs away and we never honoured any Doctor's appointment cus my brother told me he will never go to the psychiatric hospital again and afterwards he became worse.

It was clearly the hand of God. I'm not with holding any part to this story to make God look powerful.
God is God and is very unbeatable.
Re: How My Brother Got Healed Of Schizophrenia And Catatonic Seizures by TiredOfFighting(f): 10:30pm On Dec 18, 2018
NPComplete:

Guy no dey fall my hand na. Insanity is not always permanent. During the duration of his psychotic episodes someone must have been there especially to keep him from harming himself. And if the insanity is partly as a result of substance abuse, as I suspect it is because she said her brother smokes and drinks, then it is likely to subside when the substance is no longer available freely. And whoever he was staying with while she was in jail had a lot of incentive to ensure a strict medication so as not to risk himself or his family. Maybe the guy was even chained somewhere.

The pastor is the most laughable explanation I have seen. She was not even there. The pastor is not any different from the pastors that cut homeless and occasionally insane people's hair while they are lucid and claim it is by their power. All the pastor need do is find the guy when he is in his more lucid state and convalescent and start exploiting him.
Unfortunately the OP was not there. The story was told to her probably by the pastor and his followers. The OP doesn't seem like a person who is very good at taking a rational look at things. She is a woman after all. So she believes everything. Sadly, insanity like this is very likely to reoccur. For her safety I hope she is prepared and at least trying to avoid it.

The Bible says affliction shall not rise again the second time. God forbid, my brother is fine and completely whole.
Whatever Jesus does, he does it well.
God is God and can't be reasoned out of our natural senses.
Where our limits holds us is where he steps in and he is boundless.

Talking about the Pastor that discerned his case, it was a deliverance programme,he was taken for the program, and one of the Ministering Pastor called out his case.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should We "Cancel" Charles Darwin? / Where Was God When The Big Bang Happened? / Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.