Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,277 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Quick Advice Needed On A Sharp Business Plan - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Quick Advice Needed On A Sharp Business Plan (870 Views)

Naija Market Place: Your Honest Opinions Needed On These Products / Advice Needed On Setting Up Of Polythene Bag Factory. / Venturing Into Perfume Business:advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Quick Advice Needed On A Sharp Business Plan by oje(m): 9:31am On Apr 16, 2007
Hello fellow Nigerians,

I have immensely gained from your contribution to other people's thread here on the forum and I thought it would be wise if i posted a project i am currently working on so i can get an analytical view from all you intelligent guys.

I just got back to the country after one year training abroad and my Very rich Uncle wants to set me up on the following project, as against my going back abroad to work.

The project is of three lines of businesses;
(a) Security monitoring Services (personal, Home and Remote access)
(b) Vehicle (fleet) Monitoring and Management (Vehicle operations management, cash or valuable in transit)
(c) Platform for deactivating stolen telephone (GSM) handset from operating in all gsm network.

As for Security monitoring service and Fleet management ("a & b" above), I already have the technology and means of executing them. What i do not know, which is where i need your help is;
(i) which existing companies are already operating in this line of business (please include addresses if you can)
(ii) Market analysis of this business, how many Nigerians will be willing to subscribe to such services.

As for the last one, Platform for deactivating GSM handsets, my Uncle is insisting on a technology that deactivates the handset completely when ever it is reported stolen! in which case, the handset could never be used again.
But i (being a Nigerian) prefer a technology that could help recover the handset and possibly apprehend the thief (of course, with the help of the GSM operators by giving us information on the new no. that is using that particular handset after it has been stolen and the Sim card changed). this way, the new user can be lured to declare his current address and subsequently arrested for purchasing a stolen phone.
Remember: the main purpose of the plat form is to discourage thieves from stealing phones which would at the long run be useless to them.
I personally think Nigerians will be more willing to pay for the later technology than the former, which only deactivates the phone but have no information on the whereabout of the phone or if justice has been dealt to the thieve that stole it.

Fellow Nigerians, talk to me!
Should i work on this or just run back abroad and chicken out!!
Re: Quick Advice Needed On A Sharp Business Plan by toyinajani(m): 10:29am On Apr 16, 2007
your ideas are nice one, don't chicken out carry out your deep research.i assure you they will all penetrate nigerians markets,be determined and focused. business is all about risk.be prepared to take the risk.once you have enough cash to translate your plans. it is well!
Re: Quick Advice Needed On A Sharp Business Plan by oje(m): 5:08pm On Apr 18, 2007
Thanks @Toyin.

I am still waiting for company names and addresses for analysis.

(1) (Reply)

Transcorp Begins Unbundling Of Nitel / To The Whole House / Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.