Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,774 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right (5523 Views)

Nigeria Loses AFCON 2027 Hosting Right / Buhari Approves Postponement Of National Sports Festival Over Coronavirus / WAFU Cup: Nigeria Loses 2019 Hosting Right To Senegal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by Iwillbegreat: 6:15pm On Dec 18, 2018
Obaseki promises world-class organisation
Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has assured athletes and lovers of sports that the state is ready to organise a world-class National Sports Festival, come 2020.

Obaseki gave the assurance while addressing journalists on the side-lines of the closing ceremony of the just-concluded National Sports Festival in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, after Edo was given the right to host the 2020 edition of the sports fiesta.
“On behalf of the government and people of Edo State, I assure you that the confidence reposed in us would be justified. I make a solemn promise today that we will give it our all and at the end of the day, everyone would say of the 2020 Games, ‘this is our festival in which we are well pleased,’ the governor pledged.

He noted that “The sports community will have no cause to regret this momentous decision that has been taken for Edo State to host the next edition of the National Sports Festival.

“We will take every step necessary, make the needed sacrifice to deliver the best games in the annals of the sports festival.”

He maintained that though there would be challenges on the way, he stressed, “we are Edo people. We have the men who can do the job and the facilities that will raise the profile of the festival.”

According to him, “Whatever challenges there are, we will overcome because Edo people tread where even lions do not. Like our warriors of old, we will slay every foe and surmount every obstacle to succeed.

“The 2020 Sports Festival will be different from any previous edition and any that will come after it. Perhaps it can only be surpassed in splendour and organisation the next time Edo State hosts it afterwards.

He added that “The Edo 2020 Sports Festival will be a festival that will be grounded in “strategy, organisation, technical apparatus, science, mechanics, and morale”.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/12/national-sports-festival-edo-gets-2020-hosting-right/amp/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by Iwillbegreat: 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2018
More pics..

Mynd44, lalasticlala comma see obaseki dancing

Cc Tonto dike,snake, Regina Daniel

1 Like

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by orobs93(m): 6:27pm On Dec 18, 2018
Oba Gha to kpe eh

5 Likes

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by femi4: 6:27pm On Dec 18, 2018
National Inter-house sport

2 Likes

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by martineverest(m): 6:27pm On Dec 18, 2018
my Edo state is moving forward,while my neighbor,Delta state is languishing in underdevelopment.

Forza Edo state!

7 Likes

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 18, 2018
LET'S GO THERE........ grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 18, 2018
Ok. Edo on the lead. Passing d Lagoon soon

1 Like

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by nickxtra(m): 6:28pm On Dec 18, 2018
Congratulations to my ever sports loving Edo people. We shall host to win. We shall move from 2nd/3rd best to the 1st best. Will win dethrone our brothers from Delta.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by Nomesky: 6:29pm On Dec 18, 2018
Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by spidey77: 6:29pm On Dec 18, 2018
I hope there would be medals for Airforce Shotput, Invisible Football and maybe a honourable appearance by Harry Porter....

1 Like

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by Pilot4Airbus(m): 6:30pm On Dec 18, 2018
They’ve seen a good means to steal.

There’s joy everywhere grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by fiercehillz(m): 6:30pm On Dec 18, 2018
I love my governor...he is a perfect gentleman and an achiever.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by Powerbk8393: 6:35pm On Dec 18, 2018
Original INEC Life Power. Its brand new and will give you at least 20 hrs back up on your Laptop. Stop wasting money to fuel Gen!

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by joepepsy(m): 6:36pm On Dec 18, 2018
All the Edos gather here for selfie.
Iwillbegreat:
Obaseki promises world-class organisation
Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has assured athletes and lovers of sports that the state is ready to organise a world-class National Sports Festival, come 2020.

Obaseki gave the assurance while addressing journalists on the side-lines of the closing ceremony of the just-concluded National Sports Festival in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, after Edo was given the right to host the 2020 edition of the sports fiesta.
“On behalf of the government and people of Edo State, I assure you that the confidence reposed in us would be justified. I make a solemn promise today that we will give it our all and at the end of the day, everyone would say of the 2020 Games, ‘this is our festival in which we are well pleased,’ the governor pledged.

He noted that “The sports community will have no cause to regret this momentous decision that has been taken for Edo State to host the next edition of the National Sports Festival.

“We will take every step necessary, make the needed sacrifice to deliver the best games in the annals of the sports festival.”

He maintained that though there would be challenges on the way, he stressed, “we are Edo people. We have the men who can do the job and the facilities that will raise the profile of the festival.”

According to him, “Whatever challenges there are, we will overcome because Edo people tread where even lions do not. Like our warriors of old, we will slay every foe and surmount every obstacle to succeed.

“The 2020 Sports Festival will be different from any previous edition and any that will come after it. Perhaps it can only be surpassed in splendour and organisation the next time Edo State hosts it afterwards.

He added that “The Edo 2020 Sports Festival will be a festival that will be grounded in “strategy, organisation, technical apparatus, science, mechanics, and morale”.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/12/national-sports-festival-edo-gets-2020-hosting-right/amp/

3 Likes

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by Antipob777(f): 6:38pm On Dec 18, 2018
Edo state should be loaned to Biafra. Always producing ugly governors like ugly iPod's.

Tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 18, 2018
Edoooooo

1 Like

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 18, 2018
Antipob777:
Edo state should be loaned to Biafra. Always producing ugly governors like ugly iPod's.

Tufiakwa
Edo is and will always be bigger than yours ethic group..

2 Likes

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 18, 2018
There's no cultural and traditional attires finer than Edo.

Red and white.. our colour

5 Likes

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by henryvirus(m): 6:44pm On Dec 18, 2018
Hmmmmm. sad
Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by emmydoo12: 6:45pm On Dec 18, 2018
lock your doors and windows make sure nobody Catch you Watching this hot video please >>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVu-16gW4Vs&itct=CA0QpDAYCSITCOOa5qCVot8CFVaCfAodI9YHhlIORW1teWRvbyBjb21lZHk%3D&gl=NG&hl=en&client=mv-google
Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by nelronaldo(m): 6:46pm On Dec 18, 2018
The heartbeat!

1 Like

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by Powerbk9464: 6:47pm On Dec 18, 2018
Original INEC Life Power. Its brand new and will give you at least 20 hrs back up on your Laptop. Stop wasting money to fuel Gen!

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by eremy: 6:47pm On Dec 18, 2018
I'm proud of the improvements being made in Edo state. I hope to see an improvement in the power situation soon.

1 Like

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by SmilingMary(m): 6:48pm On Dec 18, 2018
This reminds me of Edo 2002, I was part of. Gov Igbenedion really spoilt us back then

1 Like

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by Festy4u(m): 6:50pm On Dec 18, 2018
martineverest:
my Edo state is moving forward,while my neighbor,Delta state is languishing in underdevelopment.

Forza Edo state!

And what's this one saying?

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by RTSC: 6:55pm On Dec 18, 2018
martineverest:

Forza Edo state!
Delta recently hosted an African tournament.

Forget the bendel connection, you are not mates.

Though poor leadership had kept delta state on edo level.

1 Like

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by Powerbk8864: 6:56pm On Dec 18, 2018

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by able1993(m): 7:01pm On Dec 18, 2018
That is nice

Anyway, if you wish to be motivated about what you are doing or want to read life stories to learn from, success strategies from Albert Einstein, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Carl Brashear, the life history of Thomas Sankara, Jerry Rawlings, Lee Yuan Kew.....then visit www.motivate.com.ng
Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by troubleboi: 7:06pm On Dec 18, 2018
national inter house sport...

re you browsing and not been paid, my guy you need to change your browser....click on my signature below and get paid for browsing for free..

(1) (2) (Reply)

1XBET Dmystified.. Get Registered!!! Post Your 1xbet Problems Here!!!! / Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts / Eucharia Names 21 Falcons For World Cup ( 18 Out Of 21 Are Igbos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.