Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES (26941 Views)

The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) / Amy account got hacked, I just retrieved it / Fintech: Top 30 Leading Women In Nigeria’s Financial Technology Industyr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by mayprince(m): 1:46am On Dec 19, 2018
3 Africans among 50 world's top women of which 2 are from Nigeria(Amy Jadesimi and Funke Opeke)and one is from Kenya.

Amy Jadesimi (born 1976) is a Nigerianphysician, businesswoman, entrepreneur, and corporate executive, who serves as the chief executive officer of the Lagos Deep Offshore Logistics Base (LADOL), a privately owned state-of-the-art logistics and engineering facility in an industrial Free Zone, located on an island within the Port of Lagos, in Nigeria.
She went to University of Oxford where she obtained bachelor of art in physiology and bachelor in both medicine and surgery before she later proceeded to Stanford University where she obtained Masters of business administration.

Funke Opeke is a Nigerian electrical engineer, founder of Main Street Technologies and Chief Executive Officer of Main One Cable Company, a communications services company based in Lagos State, south-western Nigeria.
She obtained her bachelor and masters degree in Electronics And Electrical Engineering at Obafemi Awolowo University and Columbia University respectively.

https://www.forbes.com/top-tech-women/list/

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by Pamtoye(m): 2:58am On Dec 19, 2018
FTC... After so long on NL.... 2day issa good day den.... So mr LALA... Am waiting 4 my pay as d ftc.... I've heard dey do receive alerts 4 ftc!!

About doz women... Am proud of hustling Nigerians..... Always making waves everywhere they are... Congrats 2 dem and I hope they are able 2 be part of this list next year and even at an higher position in d list

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by Orpe7(m): 4:38am On Dec 19, 2018
grin
Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by lordswill03: 4:39am On Dec 19, 2018
Good thinking, good product

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by fergie001: 4:40am On Dec 19, 2018
Good one.....

Thumbs up,ladies.....

Keep the flag flying

16 Likes

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by DoTheNeedful: 4:41am On Dec 19, 2018
Igbo amaka sad angry

12 Likes

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by jantofubu(m): 4:41am On Dec 19, 2018
Land for sale cheesy

Tribalists will come here and be telling us how it's one tribe that's best now... Awon weyrey

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by osizi06(m): 4:41am On Dec 19, 2018
OP, you didn't see the first person with an Edo name Imafidon

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by Gkay1(m): 4:42am On Dec 19, 2018
never quit in life until u have try ur possible best nd never try ur possible best until u have succeed.
congratulations to them

3 Likes

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by Blinkers: 4:42am On Dec 19, 2018
Yoruba Amaka...

Setting the pace quietly without the chest beating associated with a low self-esteem

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by brightisodje(m): 4:43am On Dec 19, 2018

afonja all the way

20 Likes

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by netpro(m): 4:43am On Dec 19, 2018
Kudos. Keep the flag flying.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by Lordofthewest(m): 4:45am On Dec 19, 2018
I hate to act like a tribalist but this is tempting.YORUBA AMA...

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by DeRay98(m): 4:47am On Dec 19, 2018
osizi06:
Many people like to see Edo names in bad news and when it appears in something good they form blindness

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by Born2Breed(f): 4:47am On Dec 19, 2018
What is wrong with the OP.

I can see 3 great Nigerian women on the list not two. It could even be more if you didn't rush to post this.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by Biola2018: 4:52am On Dec 19, 2018
This country is blessed with great people, but it’s quite painful we’re still where we are

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by IamPatriotic(m): 4:53am On Dec 19, 2018
osizi06:

Her profile reads "United Kingdom" we already have two Yoruba names there whose profiles read "Nigeria"

63 Likes

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by ImperialYoruba: 4:53am On Dec 19, 2018
Yoruba, the most Superior race on earth!

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by UrVillagePpl: 4:53am On Dec 19, 2018
mayprince:
3 Africans among 50 world's top women of which 2 are from Nigeria(Amy Jadesimi and Funke Opeke)and one is from Kenya.

Amy Jadesimi (born 1976) is a Nigerianphysician, businesswoman, entrepreneur, and corporate executive, who serves as the chief executive officer of the Lagos Deep Offshore Logistics Base (LADOL), a privately owned state-of-the-art logistics and engineering facility in an industrial Free Zone, located on an island within the Port of Lagos, in Nigeria.
She went to University of Oxford where she obtained bachelor of art in physiology and bachelor in both medicine and surgery before she later proceeded to Stanford University where she obtained Masters of business administration.

Funke Opeke is a Nigerian electrical engineer, founder of Main Street Technologies and Chief Executive Officer of Main One Cable Company, a communications services company based in Lagos State, south-western Nigeria.
She obtained her bachelor and masters degree in Electronics And Electrical Engineering at Obafemi Awolowo University and Columbia University respectively.

https://www.forbes.com/top-tech-women/list/

a really admire da fact dat Yoruba ppl r quite intelligent.,. even during my days in the uni.,
big ups,...
keep winning , keep representing ,,
after all we r Team Nigeria

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by Blackfire(m): 4:54am On Dec 19, 2018
Rubbish
Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by johnjay4u2u(m): 4:57am On Dec 19, 2018
OK. What's their impact in Nigeria?
These are people who need to run public technology offices but this is Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by Profayo: 4:57am On Dec 19, 2018
One thing common to them apart from being female is that they had foreign touch at a point in their career. If you truly want to be distinct in what you do, especially science and technology, abeg, strife to get educated internationally at any point in your career.Nigeria educational system will not get the best out of you.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by shikshark: 4:58am On Dec 19, 2018
osizi06:
i actually saw that too but the moment i saw united kingdon, i knew she must have dumped the nigerian flag

38 Likes

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by WebSurfer(m): 4:59am On Dec 19, 2018
osizi06:
Probably born in the UK with a Nigerian Father
Simple
Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by Profayo: 5:01am On Dec 19, 2018
I know some people will still argue about tribe, but I hope common sense tells them it's not about tribe, it's about being trained my a world class facility in places where they value education

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by onunwa21(m): 5:04am On Dec 19, 2018
Abeg dey need husband I dey available pls

2 Likes

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by iloputaife: 5:04am On Dec 19, 2018
Pamtoye:
I'll be back when diz hits FP

It has already hit FP
Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by seunfly: 5:06am On Dec 19, 2018
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Nkemdilim Begho, The Reason Why Every Woman Must Learn How To Code / Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype / Nigerian Teens Shine At The Global Robot Olympics (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.