Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,008 members, 7,810,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! (4911 Views)

Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi / Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians / Don't Buy Airtel Sim If U Don't Want Your Credit To Be Sucked Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by dangoteinlaw: 8:03am On Dec 19, 2018
This is to warn all Airtel users to pause buying of data till they fix their issues. They are randomly blocking peoples line from data connection. I subscribed for 1k data worth and I only used it for 2days before I was blocked off. I am not the only one experiencing this, so if you know you don't want to your money to be water under the bridge better heed this warning.

I can see my balance but my line not connecting to the internet. I but 200mb on my other Airtel,I was only able to use 50mb b4 I was blocked off again. A friend of mine also have this same issue.

See screenshots of my data balance, yet i can't use it. I have called customer care more than 15 times and all they do is ask where you are calling from and your name and simply shoo you off.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by ShameOnAPC: 8:21am On Dec 19, 2018
Sorry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by dangoteinlaw: 8:37am On Dec 19, 2018
ShameOnAPC:
Sorry
if they don't do well by restoring my data connection for me to use my hard earned data then unemployment will be their portion. They will all loose their jobs and go back to their fathers houses to become dependent. Think money is easy to make that I will just forget it.

I will go to their office and make sure I cause a scene there. This is a lost sheep that must be found.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by lightwhite: 10:05am On Dec 19, 2018
dangoteinlaw:
if they don't do well by restoring my data connection for me to use my hard earned data then unemployment will be their portion. They will all loose their jobs and go back to their fathers houses to become dependent. Think money is easy to make that I will just forget it.

I will go to their office and make sure I cause a scene there. This is a lost sheep that must be found.
lol... take it easy.

I also experienced the same thing, until the data eventually expired yesterday

8 Likes

Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by kachi19: 10:07am On Dec 19, 2018
I was just planning on getting an Airtel sim

1 Like

Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by dustmalik: 10:20am On Dec 19, 2018
Please don't mind the OP. I've been using Airtel for the past two months and I haven't experienced what the OP described. Though I'm on 4G all the time, maybe it's only peculiar in 3G areas.

3 Likes

Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by traihit: 11:47am On Dec 19, 2018
I was on 4G also and connection stopped after I used less than 1/10 of my subscription. They told me it would be resolved but nothing happened till 860mb went away like that. Airtel meanwhile has been stealing airtime from my phone till now.

dustmalik:
Please don't mind the OP. I've been using Airtel for the past two months and I haven't experienced what the OP described. Though I'm on 4G all the time, maybe it's only peculiar in 3G areas.

2 Likes

Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by Princejebs(m): 12:32pm On Dec 19, 2018
You are not alone. Mine phone now connects to the internet only in the morning (when I am suppose to be sleeping). 3:00am imagine cry cry

1 Like

Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by tayebest(m): 12:34pm On Dec 19, 2018
I just subscribe today oo! shocked
Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by psyqs(m): 12:40pm On Dec 19, 2018
Same here
Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by Lavoca: 12:49pm On Dec 19, 2018
I currently use Airtel 4G for my browsing whuch means I don't experience any inconveniences. If the CC is not attending to you, I would advise you to visit their nearest shop

Cc dangoteinlaw

1 Like

Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by bayelsa1son(m): 1:06pm On Dec 19, 2018
dustmalik:
it doesn't mean it happened to the op it will necessarily happen to you, it has happened to me too just mind how you address matters thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by greenmonk: 1:12pm On Dec 19, 2018
dustmalik:
Why are you Nigerians like this. Becsuse you have not experienced it omeone should not talk about his experience or are you here defending Airtel?Assuming you are an Airtel staff would you take this stand when a customer complain of poor service delivery? Or you want him to forgo his hard earned money because of your syncophancy.

10 Likes

Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by mrjojo: 1:13pm On Dec 19, 2018
@op use Airtelgprs.com as your apn. Thank me later

3 Likes

Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by greenmonk: 1:16pm On Dec 19, 2018
Airtel is fond of this. They've done it to me twice even blocking my line I was using for over 3 months citing improper incomplete registration. The question should be why wait until I subscribe for do data for f 2000 naira.
Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:32pm On Dec 19, 2018
dangoteinlaw:
This is to warn all Airtel users to pause buying of data till they fix their issues. They are randomly blocking peoples line from data connection. I subscribed for 1k data worth and I only used it for 2days before I was blocked off. I am not the only one experiencing this, so if you know you don't want to your money to be water under the bridge better heed this warning.

I can see my balance but my line not connecting to the internet. I but 200mb on my other Airtel,I was only able to use 50mb b4 I was blocked off again. A friend of mine also have this same issue.

See screenshots of my data balance, yet i can't use it. I have called customer care more than 15 times and all they do is ask where you are calling from and your name and simply shoo you off.
@ bolded grin grin cheesy cheesy grin thanks for the info I was about to but I no subscribe again!

1 Like

Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by maynation(f): 1:48pm On Dec 19, 2018
dangoteinlaw:

Buhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy : cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy : cheesy : cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy : cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy : cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy : cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by tatacherie: 1:58pm On Dec 19, 2018
Same here o I used 1k data for only 3 days before it was cut off
Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by Olodo24: 2:15pm On Dec 19, 2018
I don't understand their mode of operation these days. Data exhausts so fast without heavy usage.

But the worst is those useless service they automatically subscribed me to after I purchased the sim. I'll send stop to whatever in order to opt out as instructed and I'll be notified that I've opted out. But once I Recharge the line, they'll start making away with my airtime again. it's just so annoying.

if I dare qualify to borrow airtime from them, I'll borrow and dump the sim

2 Likes

Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by COURVOISier(m): 2:31pm On Dec 19, 2018
This is true, I have spent close to 12k in 3 days. Right now I just subscribe 75mb after 200mb finish under 10 minutes.

1 Like

Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by Sicilyjoe: 3:01pm On Dec 19, 2018
Yes is true, I have about 1.4 gig and it stop browsing, they asked me to buy a new data bundle when I still have data, although they have took the remaining data on expiring, am using mtn for now to subscribe
Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by josmart(m): 3:05pm On Dec 19, 2018
I am also experience the same issue,is only my WhatsApp that is working other applications is not connecting and I just subscribe yesterday
Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by femi4: 3:12pm On Dec 19, 2018
Airtel 4 life!!! No issue here

1 Like

Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by Sunkyphil(m): 3:17pm On Dec 19, 2018
yet to experience i just finished my data infact av subbed another one

1 Like

Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by lilmax(m): 3:26pm On Dec 19, 2018
this is normal with airtel, they gain your trust, after that they dupe you grin

yeye people

you meet airtel they dupe you
you meet glo the give you the worst experience of your life
you meet mtn you finish your data in 2 days
you meet 9mobile, omo I no wan talk

now the Nigerian company that's supposed to give us the best so to leave other network, dey give us nonsense connection

and when you call these people they make it look as if you're madgrin

2 Likes

Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by Emily22(m): 3:30pm On Dec 19, 2018
I experienced it also, I changed my apn, restarted my phone but nothing... I gat no choice than to sub on my mtn. Am not happy at all
Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by mujaya1(m): 3:46pm On Dec 19, 2018
this problem is on airtell line for the past two year, even you call there agent, there is no solution, the only solution i know is to remove your line for 3 day and insert it back, i don,t bother to call them.
Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by uzohrome(m): 4:54pm On Dec 19, 2018
Yes they have issues with their internet server connection. Hopefully it will be resolved before weekends .
Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by webcalculator(m): 5:22pm On Dec 19, 2018
dangoteinlaw:

This is true. I can't browse since yesterday after calling them that I'm having slow internet. If you're having slow internet, don't call them, they'll block it immediately.
Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by Physika(f): 5:32pm On Dec 19, 2018
Call customer service on 121 and follow the voice promptly, select these numbers 1-> 2-> 3 -> 6 -> 9 and you'd be transferred to speak with a CSR, lodge your complain.

After the call ends, call again following the steps above until you are told that you've made the complaints earlier and they are working on it.

I had same issue and the steps above helped to resolve it within 4hrs.
Re: Warning Alert!!! Don't Buy Airtel Data For Now!!! by Lucifer66(m): 6:09pm On Dec 19, 2018
dangoteinlaw:

Restart your phone.
This happened to me in the morning.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can't Install Whatsapp On My N900 / Killer Iphone 11 2019 Specs, Price, Release Date And More / Iphone 12 Pro Max 512gb Replica Fir Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.