Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

I Want To Buy Cow? Do You Know The Different Types Of Cattle? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Want To Buy Cow? Do You Know The Different Types Of Cattle? (2807 Views)

Different Types Of Leaves You Can Feed Your Rabbits / Buy Cow Directly From North / 5 Top Benefits Of Cattle Colony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Buy Cow? Do You Know The Different Types Of Cattle? by Jessam: 6:10pm On Dec 19, 2018
In Nigeria we mutter we want to buy a cow for Christmas or even any other celebration but as consumers do we know the different types of cattle being raised(not breeds), there differences and which ones offer the best quality meat or does it not matter. It does matter that you know the facts as often you are purchasing worn out discarded livestock at an exhortation price .

Any way there are 4 types of cattle raised in a farm - cow, steer, heifer, and bull?

Cow: A cow is a female animal that has had at least one calf.

Heifer: A heifer is a female animal that has never had a calf. Once a heifer has a calf, she automatically becomes a cow.

Bull: A mature male animal that is used for breeding.

Steer: A steer is a male animal that has been neutered.

So, what do you usually eat when you eat meat? Generally speaking if it’s good quality meat it’s usually a heifer or steer. If it’s lower quality meat, it’s usually a cow.

I hope Jessam Cattle ranch and farms have helped enlightened you on the matter but as i suspect price is the determinant factor and a cow is a cow mentality might prevail

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy Cow? Do You Know The Different Types Of Cattle? by JasonScoolari: 6:47pm On Dec 19, 2018
Where will you place Buhari supporters then?

Don't you know we have BMC in large quantities here?
Re: I Want To Buy Cow? Do You Know The Different Types Of Cattle? by Nobody: 1:41am On Dec 20, 2018
Red bororo

Sokoto gudali
Re: I Want To Buy Cow? Do You Know The Different Types Of Cattle? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 20, 2018
Jessam:
In Nigeria we mutter we want to buy a cow for Christmas or even any other celebration but as consumers do we know the different types of cattle being raised(not breeds), there differences and which ones offer the best quality meat or does it not matter. It does matter that you know the facts as often you are purchasing worn out discarded livestock at an exhortation price .

Any way there are 4 types of cattle raised in a farm - cow, steer, heifer, and bull?

Cow: A cow is a female animal that has had at least one calf.

Heifer: A heifer is a female animal that has never had a calf. Once a heifer has a calf, she automatically becomes a cow.

Bull: A mature male animal that is used for breeding.

Steer: A steer is a male animal that has been neutered.

So, what do you usually eat when you eat meat? Generally speaking if it’s good quality meat it’s usually a heifer or steer. If it’s lower quality meat, it’s usually a cow.

I hope Jessam Cattle ranch and farms have helped enlightened you on the matter but as i suspect price is the determinant factor and a cow is a cow mentality might prevail
you own a ranch,mind if I pm you for some advice?

(1) (Reply)

Why Should We Believe In Ogbomosho Land When The So Call Promoter Refuse Talk. / Good News! Farm Security Solar Fence Wire Now Available! / Agricultural Products Available In Tons Order Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.