Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,370 members, 7,812,090 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria (1131 Views)

BREAKING: ISIS Claims Responsibility For The Terror Attack In Moscow / Iran’s Guards Pull Top Officers From Syria After Israeli Strikes / Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by TheMainone: 9:52pm On Dec 19, 2018
Photo- Armed ISIS terrorists

Credit- wired

The white House has declared that the US has started ‘returning troops home’ after Trump declared ISIL (also ISIS) has been defeated in Syria.

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said “victories over ISIS in Syria do not signal the end of the Global Coalition or its campaign”.

“We have started returning United States troops home as we transition to the next phase of this campaign,” she added. “The United States and our allies stand ready to re-engage at all levels to defend American interests whenever necessary, and we will continue to work together to deny radical Islamist terrorists’ territory, funding, support and many means of infiltrating our borders.”

The press release is coming after reports surfaced that the US was considering a full troop withdrawal from the country.

Prior to Sanders’s statement on Wednesday, Trump tweeted, “We have defeated ISIS in Syria, my only reason for being there during the Trump Presidency.”

Photo- America’s president, Trump

The wool haired American president has previously expressed a strong desire to bring troops home from Syria when possible.
https://insiderpostonline./2018/12/19/us-to-completely-withdraw-from-syria-as-trump-declares-isis-defeated/

Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by ndulyf: 10:05pm On Dec 19, 2018
Hm
Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by PureMe01: 10:05pm On Dec 19, 2018
Boko Haram defeated as well in Nigeria~Lie Mohammed. Oya Nigerian troops start returning. grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by FarahAideed: 10:06pm On Dec 19, 2018
prepare to send the troops and drones to Nigeria next year to help us clear all pockets of killers herdsmen invited by Buhari to cause chaos

2 Likes

Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by Efewestern: 10:10pm On Dec 19, 2018
Nice one Trump.

Iran and Russia, please do well to withdraw your troops from Syria, stop using Syria to fight your proxy battles.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 19, 2018
Funny, ISIS is still there in Syria.
One thing is sure, terrorism cannot be completely wiped out due to what some people gain from it, eg, the black market weapons dealers and the warlords.

I also hope most of those intelligence agencies, MI5/6, CIA, MOSSAD and co who sponsor these terrorists have seen what their lust for power has caused in the middle East?

You empower terrorists just for political gains, now they have seen that the disadvantages are more than the advantages.

They have spent money and wasted lives just to suit their political agenda and now they are withdrawing because they have seen their plans cannot be achieved.

What a world!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by rottennaija(m): 10:13pm On Dec 19, 2018
kingkakaone:
One thing is sure, terrorism cannot be completely wiped out due to what some people gain from it, eg, the black market weapons dealers and the warlords.

I also hope most of those intelligence agencies, MI5/6, CIA, MOSSAD and co who sponsor these terrorists have seen what their lust for power has caused in the middle East?

You empower terrorists just for political gains, now they have seen that the disadvantages are more than the advantages.

They have spent money and wasted lives just to suit their political agenda and now they are withdrawing because they have seen their plans cannot be achieved.

What a world!

I have closely been monitoring world events. And one question keeps popping into my head. It is, why has the west suddenly turned their attention to Africa, to help build infrastructure, roads, rails, bridges?

If we look at the amount of money and jobs of recent, they are mainly coming from foreign bodies? This is a continent they had been raping for decades, plunder its resources to build a better life in their countries?

One answer keep coming up into my mind. They have seen what they had turn the middle east into, with their attendant crisis. From AL qaeda to ISIS. Now, Africa is slowing joining, from the demise of Gaddafi, proliferation of weapons, to boko haram to ISWAP... It wouldnt take a genius to find out that if they allow what has happened to the middle east to happen on Africa, it will be a lost cause to them.
Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by DrRasheed: 10:16pm On Dec 19, 2018
FarahAideed:
prepare to send the troops and drones to Nigeria next year to help us clear all pockets of killers herdsmen invited by Buhari to cause chaos
U think their gadgets is for charity..?

1 Like

Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by rottennaija(m): 10:19pm On Dec 19, 2018
DrRasheed:

U think their gadgets is for charity..?

Probably he doesn't know US budget for military gadgets is more than our budget for a year.
Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by Corrinthians(m): 10:20pm On Dec 19, 2018
Just watched the news on CNN and the general opinion is; Trumps position contradicts the position of top Pentagon officials who insist ISIS is still a clear and present danger and it will be counter productive withdrawing US troops in the manner Trump suggests.
Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by Corrinthians(m): 10:23pm On Dec 19, 2018
rottennaija:

Probably he doesn't know US budget for military gadgets is more than our budget for a year.
Our budget for a year? Which kind gross understatement be that?

The US Defence budget is probably more than or very close to the budget of ALL African countries put together!!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by rottennaija(m): 10:25pm On Dec 19, 2018
Corrinthians:
Our budget for a year? Which kind gross understatement be that?

The US Defence budget is probably more than or very close to the budget of ALL African countries put together!!

I knew. I only tried to make a little comparison for him to understand

1 Like

Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by Corrinthians(m): 10:27pm On Dec 19, 2018
FarahAideed:
Topics like this are beyond your scope of intelligence. Crawl along and go look for a useless thread about Buhari where you can curse, insult and spread your devilish lies about everything unimpeded, to the admiration of ignorant kids.

Bounce!

3 Likes

Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by Righteousness89(m): 10:37pm On Dec 19, 2018
The Arrival of Donald Trump Changed the Statuquo!!

1 Like

Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by lordm(m): 10:53pm On Dec 19, 2018
Just the way they defeated the Taliban? undecided
Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 19, 2018
rottennaija:

I have closely been monitoring world events. And one question keeps popping into my head. It is, why has the west suddenly turned their attention to Africa, to help build infrastructure, roads, rails, bridges?

If we look at the amount of money and jobs of recent, they are mainly coming from foreign bodies? This is a continent they had been raping for decades, plunder its resources to build a better life in their countries?

One answer keep coming up into my mind. They have seen what they had turn the middle east into, with their attendant crisis. From AL qaeda to ISIS. Now, Africa is slowing joining, from the demise of Gaddafi, proliferation of weapons, to boko haram to ISWAP... It wouldnt take a genius to find out that if they allow what has happened to the middle east to happen on Africa, it will be a lost cause to them.
The West knows what they are doing. They give from one angle to another fanning the ambers of war so as to seek their weapons.

Just imagine, how will they sell their weapons if there's peace?

These people are the biggest terrorists, they don't care what happens to anyone so far they can make money in the process.
Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by Benlight: 11:34pm On Dec 19, 2018
Blaming the west, who are the people that go about killing with guns, suicide vests, raping and kidnapping? Is it the west? We know who the terrorists are

2 Likes

Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by rottennaija(m): 5:35am On Dec 20, 2018
kingkakaone:

The West knows what they are doing. They give from one angle to another fanning the ambers of war so as to seek their weapons.

Just imagine, how will they sell their weapons if there's peace?

These people are the biggest terrorists, they don't care what happens to anyone so far they can make money in the process.

At the end,it will come back to bite them
Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by rottennaija(m): 5:40am On Dec 20, 2018
Benlight:
Blaming the west, who are the people that go about killing with guns, suicide vests, raping and kidnapping? Is it the west? We know who the terrorists are

Something fuels terrorism. In the beginning, there was no terrorist. Terrorism comes as a result of oppression, the oppressed fights back using all means it could and the oppression names them terrorists.

Watch the movie "Eye in the sky" and ask yourself, what will happen to the father of the child who was killed by Air Strike ordered by the Brit? How will he change? (because he will change) and what will he change to?
Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by Whyem15: 7:48am On Dec 20, 2018
Scam alert: US is not about to leave the oil rich part of Syrian territory, this is just a propaganda to look good. When the last of their troops are about leaving, their will be a false flag attack (probably an attack on a US base or the killing of a soldier) and they have an excuse and justification to continue staying. US only leaves when she gets defeated as in Vietnam and Somalia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by seunny4lif(m): 8:00am On Dec 20, 2018
Russia and Iran were there legally while US and her NATO was trying to removed Assad just like was they did in Libya and Iraq. But this time around Assad was wise to invite Russia.
Trump never wanted US troops in Syria.
US bowed to Turkey demand and Trump don’t want conflict btw Turkish troops and US troops becos of SDF.
Russia can’t attack US troops or SDF but Turkey can
Efewestern:
Nice one Trump.

Iran and Russia, please do well to withdraw your troops from Syria, stop using Syria to fight your proxy battles.
Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by WaywardSon(m): 8:15am On Dec 20, 2018
Corrinthians:
Just watched the news on CNN and the general opinion is; Trumps position contradicts the position of top Pentagon officials who insist ISIS is still a clear and present danger and it will be counter productive withdrawing US troops in the manner Trump suggests.
believe CNN at your own peril. If trump said they were staying the same CNN will concort a story about continued suffering of Muslims and Syrians amidst American occupation. That channel is too toxic for the entire world

2 Likes

Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by Efewestern: 8:46am On Dec 20, 2018
seunny4lif:
Russia and Iran were there legally while US and her NATO was trying to removed Assad just like was they did in Libya and Iraq. But this time around Assad was wise to invite Russia.
Trump never wanted US troops in Syria.
US bowed to Turkey demand and Trump don’t want conflict btw Turkish troops and US troops becos of SDF.
Russia can’t attack US troops or SDF but Turkey can

... Assad was wise enough to invite Russia... I think Russia got involved in Syria because of what they will benefit, Gaddafi as well invited Russia, but it got to a point they withdrew their support, leaving Gaddafi to the mercies of American bombardment.

The War is almost over, Assad now controls a huge part of Syria, US backed rebels are no where to found, for me, I think Russia's objectives are being achieved, next should be for them to leave.
Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by Corrinthians(m): 8:50am On Dec 20, 2018
WaywardSon:
believe CNN at your own peril. If trump said they were staying the same CNN will concort a story about continued suffering of Muslims and Syrians amidst American occupation. That channel is too toxic for the entire world
Believe CNN at your own peril? So the Pentagon officials interviewed don't know what they are saying or I should disregard what they said because the interview with them was televised on CNN? undecided
Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by seunny4lif(m): 10:17am On Dec 20, 2018
Gadaffi never invited Russia because I was in Libya during the war.
Russia president then supported the no flying zone and Russia and Libya are not strong allies like Syria and Iran.
Russia have two permanent military bases in Syria and its has been there for over 50 years
Efewestern:

... Assad was wise enough to invite Russia... I think Russia got involved in Syria because of what they will benefit, Gaddafi as well invited Russia, but it got to a point they withdrew their support, leaving Gaddafi to the mercies of American bombardment.

The War is almost over, Assad now controls a huge part of Syria, US backed rebels are no where to found, for me, I think Russia's objectives are being achieved, next should be for them to leave.

1 Like

Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 20, 2018
rottennaija:

At the end,it will come back to bite them
Exactly!!!
When you create a beast, it may become too dangerous that you may be its victim.
Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by Efewestern: 10:56am On Dec 20, 2018
seunny4lif:
Gadaffi never invited Libya because I was in Libya during the war.
Russia president then supported the no flying zone and Russia and Libya are not strong allies like Syria and Iran.
Russia have two permanent military bases in Syria and its has been there for over 50 years

Thanks for the corrections bro.
Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by Temple1288(m): 3:54pm On Dec 20, 2018
kingkakaone:

What a world!

Well this is one of his major campaign promises..
Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by Temple1288(m): 3:57pm On Dec 20, 2018
kingkakaone:

Exactly!!!

When you create a beast, it may become too dangerous that you may be its victim.

Which side do y'all stand? Should they remain there while they keep.wasting lives and billions of dollars?
Complained about sending people to die there and still complaining about withdrawing them.. He never enhanced ISIS, and he also promised to take off Troops out of there. HE'S JUST DONE THAT! GIVE HIM CREDIT

2 Likes

Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by Temple1288(m): 4:00pm On Dec 20, 2018
WaywardSon:

I don't just get it!

They complain of him sending boys to die there, now they're complaining of him withdrawing them.
Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by PurestBoy(m): 6:45pm On Dec 20, 2018
I don't know why I love this Trump amidst the hatred people have for him. He's fulfilling his campaign promised and he doesn't want US interference in other countries matters except they threaten American bases or allies. I love this man
Re: Breaking- ISIS Defeated, US To Withdraw From Syria by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 20, 2018
Temple1288:

Well this is one of his major campaign promises..
Yeah, and it is the right thing to do.
Trump did well on this one.
Waste on time and resources should be reduced.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Trump's First Reactions To Kamala Harris Being Pick As Joe Biden Running Mate / Kamara Harris Sets To Become The First US Female President / China Urges Pentagon To Open Up About ‘biolabs’ In Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.