Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card (2973 Views)

Was Nani's Red Card Justified? / Can't We Forgive Sani Kaita.... / Euro 2012: Germany Vs Greece (4 - 2) On 22nd June 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by Nobody: 1:18am On Aug 05, 2010
[size=18pt]Kaita rejects offer from Greece •Aftermath of W/Cup red card
[/size]

NIGERIAN international, Sani Kaita has rejected offers to star in the Greek league in the new season because he fears a hate backlash both in Nigeria and Greece, after his sensational sending off in the World Cup.

Kaita, it would be recalled was sent off during Ni-geria's 1-2 loss to Greece at the just-concluded World Cup, and the unwarranted action earned him condemnations from many soccer-loving Nigerians.

“Yes, it’s true that some clubs here in Greece are interested in Kaita,” top Greek journalist, Lazaros Soukas informed MTNFootball.com.“But he has turned down the chance to play in Greece because he fears that Nigerians will accuse him of deliberately getting the red card against Greece at the World Cup. And even in Greece, there is no guarantee he will be accepted by the fans.”

The former Kano Pillars midfielder has equally rejected an offer from Russia because he wishes to star for a club that is engaged in European competitions.

“Sani’s destination is still not clear. He received offers to also return to Russia but he has turned down this opportunity because he insists he wishes to play for a more ambitious club that is at least involved in one of the European competitions,” another top source said.

Kaita has a contract with Monaco till 2013 but it appears he does not have a future at the club from the Principality after spending the last two seasons on loan in Russia. He received death threats and hate mails on account of the red card at South Africa 2010.

He already has been linked with several clubs including West Ham, Spanish side Sevilla and Greek giants Olympiacos.

Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by semid4lyfe(m): 4:06am On Aug 05, 2010
He's a good player. I hope he gets a club soon.
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by ayusman16(m): 7:30am On Aug 05, 2010
Good player. His expulsion cost us an early ouster.
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by 12large: 8:20am On Aug 05, 2010
look at this 2 nicompu ayuma16 and semid4life calling keita a good player abeg make thunder strike una mama for that comment. keita is and has always been a useless player the guy is just hardwork am sorry but you need more than just hardwork to be a top player. totally useless mallam that think human being are cows.
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by ayusman16(m): 8:39am On Aug 05, 2010
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by mykali(m): 11:23am On Aug 05, 2010
so even Kaita has a choice grin
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by Nuriel22: 11:29am On Aug 05, 2010
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by nomoreface: 11:30am On Aug 05, 2010
What is Kaita?
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by Spyker: 11:37am On Aug 05, 2010
Hahaha, guilty conscience wan kill kaita. Abeg come back to Kano Pillars and karate your cows as u like. Olodo
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by matoyeh(m): 11:40am On Aug 05, 2010
Ti a o ba gbagbe oro ana, ao ni ri enikan aa ba sere
If you dont forget what happen in the worldcup, you will always feel like to kill kaita
he is a good player though, and i still wish him best and good luck.
all what i know is that, Nigeria will never call him for any international natches again,
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by Greycells(m): 12:02pm On Aug 05, 2010
So so hilarious grin grin grin grin Odd news indeed.

This is a lesson for us all. When he was behaving stupid, he did not forsee what it would cost him.
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by debosky(m): 12:03pm On Aug 05, 2010
This is a big joke - so he'll turn down money because of some perceived hatred?

Kaita is a bigger mumu that I earlier thought if this is true.
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by 5p1naz(m): 12:06pm On Aug 05, 2010
this news just kaitaed my day. . . mmschew
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by oludashmi(f): 12:11pm On Aug 05, 2010
5p1naz:

this news just kaitaed my day. . . mmschew
lol

How can someone say he - this Boko Haram, is a good player, pple were already abusing him as we watched before he got the red card, I never knew he had choices.
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by Fynist(m): 12:33pm On Aug 05, 2010
Well dat guy made a lot of nigerians sad.Bt anyways he is remains an xceptional player.I also heard a club on d north pole wants his services.Eskimo fc.
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by OvieE: 1:23pm On Aug 05, 2010
ayusman16:

Good player. His expulsion cost us an early ouster.

My friend, enough of blaming this guy for our early exit. Nigeria would have still lost d game if he played the entire match. Nigeria as a team is no good period. There where so many teams that played with ten men and still win or tied. Kaita have nothing do with our early exit though I am not in support of his action. This stupid action is coming to hunt him now. Hope lesson learned.
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by gbengress1: 2:22pm On Aug 05, 2010
What happened 2 kaita can happen2 anybody but it is unfortunate that most of us always never think deeply b4 saying anything.Was it only Kaita that went 2d world cup.Even after our loss 2 greece,we still had chance2qualify with only 3pts but unfortunately they got a draw without Kaita.
Mind u,we've forgotten that we are africans and we have2think like africans.In 2002,Amodu was sacked after qualifying Nigeria 4d wc and onigbinde was appointed.At d wc,we lost d first match by a goal margin,d same with second match and got a draw in d last match.Ironically,that same guy qualified us 4 d just concluded wc and was sacked prior 2d wc and Largerbeer was appointed and he also achieved d same result.If Amodu was not sacked we would have qualified with at least a win on South Korea with his luck
LETS LEAVE KAITA,IT WAS NEMESIS THAT FALL ON NIGERIA
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by tunfeek: 2:58pm On Aug 05, 2010
look at this 2 nicompu ayuma16 and semid4life calling keita a good player abeg make thunder strike una mama for that comment. keita is and has always been a useless player the guy is just hardwork am sorry but you need more than just hardwork to be a top player. totally useless mallam that think human being are cows. @12large do u know the skills it required to control cows ,he is not the worst nigeria player (yakubu) at the world cup lipsrsealed
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by nomoreface: 3:33pm On Aug 05, 2010
tunfeek:

look at this 2 nicompu ayuma16 and semid4life calling keita a good player abeg make thunder strike una mama for that comment. keita is and has always been a useless player the guy is just hardwork am sorry but you need more than just hardwork to be a top player. totally useless mallam that think human being are cows. @12large do u know the skills it required to control cows ,he is not the worst nigeria player (yakubu) at the world cup lipsrsealed

I don't know if u are implying that yakubu was Nigeria's worst player? If u are, you did not watch this world cup - at least without sentiments!
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by uyakachi(m): 3:40pm On Aug 05, 2010
AM NOT SURPRISE !! EVEN MY DOG REFUSE TO EAT WHAT I PUT FOR HER AND KEPT LOOKING AT MY TABLE , WHY WON'T KAITA MAKE HIS OWN CHOICE THEN, IS LIFE ANYWAY
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by Jencejyde(m): 3:47pm On Aug 05, 2010
12large:

look at this 2 nicompu ayuma16 and semid4life calling keita a good player abeg make thunder strike una mama for that comment. keita is and has always been a useless player the guy is just hardwork am sorry but you need more than just hardwork to be a top player. totally useless mallam that think human being are cows.
You this idiot always abusing people. that your four corner mouth like st lois sugar. did they abuse you?, mentally, you are weak and derailed, why don't you just put your own comments and constructively without using foul languages that you can't even spell correctly.

I know you will reply me and i have promised that literally i will put you where you belong. ODE OSHI!
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by Jencejyde(m): 3:49pm On Aug 05, 2010
OvieE:

My friend, enough of blaming this guy for our early exit. Nigeria would have still lost d game if he played the entire match. Nigeria as a team is no good period. There where so many teams that played with ten men and still win or tied. Kaita have nothing do with our early exit though I am not in support of his action. This silly action is coming to hunt him now. Hope lesson learned.
Well said!
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by gbengress1: 3:59pm On Aug 05, 2010
Kaita was one of d best super eagles player at d world cup but was unlucky.He will prove himself next time
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by OvieE: 4:08pm On Aug 05, 2010
Jencejyde:

Well said!

Thanks
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by Jencejyde(m): 4:24pm On Aug 05, 2010
OvieE:

Thanks
You are welcome oh, my broda!
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by Doctore(m): 4:29pm On Aug 05, 2010
Kaitalistic Kaita. The guy isn't bad afterall, he just needs to work on his temperament
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by oluagness(m): 4:34pm On Aug 05, 2010
He should go and join one secondary school team, he may be lucky to be their captain
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by slap1(m): 4:46pm On Aug 05, 2010
12large:

Where you raised in the purlieus of a motor-park? Your choice of words is ghastly!
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by Parnassuss(m): 7:51pm On Aug 05, 2010
Fynist:

Well dat guy made a lot of nigerians sad.Bt anyways he is remains an xceptional player.I also heard a club on d north pole wants his services.Eskimo fc.

Chairman, you too much.LMBBAO
But for real the guys still has future, Shittu I'm wasn't too sure about but there are some interesting rumours bout him in the air too.
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by Okijajuju1(m): 7:56pm On Aug 05, 2010
Poor Kaita.

I hope he can overcome this his set back.
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by Ranoscky(m): 8:36pm On Aug 05, 2010
@12large, Ur mouth too wide, dat's y u just dey jabo! make u take am easy b4 ur 12large go turn to 13small!

Topic - Despite what happened at just concluded W.C, kaita is stil a GOOD player, so left for him to make his prefered choice of whatever club he want's to play for! (i stil lyk him as a player tho, no matter what!)
Re: Kaita Rejects Offer From Greece •aftermath Of W/cup Red Card by Fogman(m): 10:53pm On Aug 05, 2010
It is time we allow this guy to be. Between Keita and Yakubu, who caused us more harm?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: Barcelona Players Rewarded With Brand New Cars! / Liverpool Vs Wigan (3 - 0) On 17th November 2012 / Carlos Tevez Hands In Written Transfer Request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.