Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? (16143 Views)

Europe-Based Nigerian Vlogger Laments Over Hike In Price Of Goat Meat This Xmas / Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? / #10yearschallenge Torley Nigeria Shares Old And New Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by nigerianpride: 12:11pm On Dec 20, 2018
This thread is for matured individuals only you must be 18+ to view this :-)

Xmas is around the corner and one of the traditional bragging rights as we Nigerians are the buzz and glamour we create during Christmas, from carnivals , shopping, wedding, club night outs and birthdays with friends.

There is no doubt that xmas in Nigeria is a unique life time experience but since the dwindling economy , Nigerians are now more wary about the type of products they purchase and are now looking for value for money.

Price, Quality , Customer experience are now what Nigerians consider important before putting their money where there mouth is, gone are those days of over priced product :-)

Before I go on, I must first say that I am a wine and champagne lover and always love events that champagnes and wines are served, now that I have gotten that out of the way.

I will like to share my 4 choices of wines and champagnes this festive season, and I would give reasons why and this is after a thorough research on big online stores like Jumia, Retails Stores, Main markets and personal opinion that i have arrived at the comparison between Torley, Moet, Veve Du Vennay, and Andre

MOET:

Facts and Background: The legendary Moët & Chandon is celebrating 270 years as the world’s most loved champagne. For over a quarter of a millennium, the renowned French winemaker has been sharing the magic of champagne across the globe. Every glass overflows with the House’s hallmark values of history, generosity, savoir-faire, success, boldness and elegance—values still at the heart of its global appeal. Toward the end of the 18th century, Jean-Remy Moët, grandson of founder Claude Moët, became famous as the man who introduced champagne to the world. The important figures of the era, from the Marquise de Pompadour to Talleyrand to Napoleon quickly fell in love with the House’s effervescent wine. Moët & Chandon was soon the icon of success and elegance that it remains to this day. Moët has been associated with the sparkle of success and glamour ever since the House was founded in 1743 by Claude Moët.

Colors: White , Green ( Bottles )

Price: (Retail) 25000-35000/Bottle - Source Jumia

Customer Experience: Good Packaging, Great Taste

Production Country: France, Europe

TORLEY:

Facts and Background:The name Törley in Hungary is identical with champagne. As the best-known and most recognized champagne brand, the Törley name is tied to quality and the respect for traditions. For decades, Torley company has been one of the dominant players in the Hungarian beverage market and is a distributor of a number of international brands. Uniquely, Törley produces more than 60 different kinds of champagne and more than 50 kinds of wine in Hungary by using four types of technology – ranging from completely dry to sweet ones, from low priced ones to the more expensive ones – under the egis of tradition and quality, both for the domestic and international market. Torley Nigeria was official launched by Davies Chigozie Iyiegbu in Nigeria , the Torley Hungary being the parent company was founded by Joseph Törley who had its business registered at the Budapest Court of Registration on 1 August, 1882 under the name of “Törley József és Társa” /Joseph Törley and Co./. Thus, the history of Törley champagne goes back to nearly a century and a half.

Colors: White, Green ( Bottles )

Price: (Retail) NGN 2200 - 5000/ bottle - Source Jumia

Customer Experience: Good Packaging, Great Taste

Production Country: Hungary, Europe

VEUVE DU VERNAY:

Facts and Background: Veuve du Vernay, a range of sparkling French wines. Quality wines which are subtle, fresh, made according to the French tradition. It's a brand with an assertive style, an elegant but simple character. Veuve du Vernay is the brand representing good taste the French way! It has a heart, a spirit always ready to party. Because there is always something to celebrate! Veuve du Vernay is an invitation to elegantly share with family or friends small and big occasions!

Colors: White ,Green (Bottles)

Price: (Retail) NGN 3000-5200/Bottle - Source Jumia

Customer Experience: Good packaging, Average taste

Production Country: France, Europe

ANDRE:

Facts and Background: Since 1966, André has been an ultimate everyday luxury that doesn't break your bank. Originally made to offer sparkling wine at an affordable price, Andre has evolved to include 9 different California Champagnes and Sparkling Wines. From Brut to Moscato, there's something for everyone and every occasion, so you can kick it all the time. Every day is a celebration, just waiting to happen. Andre brings the bubbles. You bring the bling. Oh, and make sure to invite your friends. Yes, all of them. Mix things up with a champagne cocktail. Maybe add a Jungle Cat to the mix? Whatever it is, add Andre to the invite list, and start your party with a pop.

Colors: Green, Gold

Price: (Retail) NGN 2258 - 3000/ Bottle - Source Jumia

Production Country: United States, America

Customer Experience: Average packaging, Average taste

My conclusion , while i still think Moet is classy for your occasions and still rules most of the top choice for events, Torley which is relatively gaining market grounds is a well designed, quality and great tasting wine for your glamorous event, when compared to value for money , quality and price, Torley stands, a simple research will convince you.

I do think that Andre has been around the market for a long time and people are beginning to see it as an everyday people wine anyone and any event you go to probably would have an Andre served as it appeals to people who cannot afford the Moet and Belaire, though I have not added Belaire to this as i think it’s more of club and lounges that people are comfortable to chun out that huge amount of money to buy.

Veuve du Vernay however which has the white variety would had been my choice as alternative to Torley but Torley also has the white packaging, when you review the Torley white packaging side by side with Veuve du Vernay,then you would understand why I have picked Torley as the best choice , at least in my own opinion.

Although choices may vary for people , as some have all the money in the bank this xmas to spend but for those of us who want to know where our 1 naira went before you head out to shop this xmas , then consider price, value for money in your choices.

Merry Xmas to all NAIRALANDERS in advance.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by ayaexd(m): 12:50pm On Dec 22, 2018
FCT

In first week
Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by abbeyloyee(m): 12:50pm On Dec 22, 2018
V
Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by ct2: 12:50pm On Dec 22, 2018
Pls if you reading this don't drink alcohol this Christmas. it's a warning

8 Likes

Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by Opistorincos(m): 12:51pm On Dec 22, 2018
Na alcohol op dissect laidiz? Na wa o, it's trophy or nothing

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by Super1759: 12:51pm On Dec 22, 2018
Palm wine.

Naturally the best!

33 Likes

Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by ayaexd(m): 12:51pm On Dec 22, 2018
Moet na him sure pass grin grin grin
Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by abdullkabar(m): 12:51pm On Dec 22, 2018
Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by Wizdray: 12:51pm On Dec 22, 2018
Zobo is okay for me. Thank you

45 Likes

Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by lilmax(m): 12:51pm On Dec 22, 2018
coke

1 Like

Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by Tripleanthony(m): 12:51pm On Dec 22, 2018
zobo over everything

2 Likes

Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by Terrezo(m): 12:51pm On Dec 22, 2018
Intake of alcohol especially when abused kills you. Why don't you just avoid it instead

10 Likes

Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by BiGVEEN58(m): 12:52pm On Dec 22, 2018
Oops! Wrong thread.

Grabs Alomo and leaves at once*

3 Likes

Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by osemoses1234(m): 12:52pm On Dec 22, 2018
Dr iguedo goko cleanser

10 Likes

Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by koolcat: 12:53pm On Dec 22, 2018
Alcohol they say brings light to merriment.... But have u considered what u might think that people might be thinking about it...OK look at it this way, u are in d midst of a chaos environment and people are screaming and u think they might be calling ur name, now ask urself ARE U THAT IMPORTANT..... just think about it.!

2 Likes

Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by adebayo201: 12:53pm On Dec 22, 2018
It is not Xmas but Christmas.
Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 22, 2018
Buy according to your budget and not just choice and satisfactionnnnn

Anyway.....

Ne×t Leel abeg

SAI BUHARIIIII

1 Like

Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by akinszz: 12:55pm On Dec 22, 2018
Iranu

5 Likes

Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by Mcdreamy15: 12:57pm On Dec 22, 2018
grin
Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by MichaelBukamzy(m): 12:58pm On Dec 22, 2018
MORNING: 4 sachets of derok. AFTERNOON:2 bottles of farouz EVENING:5 bottles hero(O'MPA). assorted red meat,RSVP

16 Likes

Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by Maxcoded: 12:58pm On Dec 22, 2018
Opistorincos:
Na alcohol op dissect laidiz? Na wa o, it's trophy or nothing

By the time you taste one of these top selections, you will find no taste in all these green bottle drinks.

I was more of a Trophy guy just like you, but after I decided to see what real alcohol taste like, I disliked Trophy or any other green bottle drink immediately... I think I started with "Baron" then

You should try one of them someday smiley

5 Likes

Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by bknight: 12:59pm On Dec 22, 2018
undecided
Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by Boyooosa(m): 12:59pm On Dec 22, 2018
Cartons of Italian red wines?
Quote me...
Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by MichaelBukamzy(m): 1:00pm On Dec 22, 2018
MichaelBukamzy:
MORNING: 4 sachets of derok. AFTERNOON:2 bottles of farouz EVENING:5 bottles of hero. assorted red meat,RSVP
Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by itiswellandwell: 1:00pm On Dec 22, 2018
See analysis on top Alcohol. Wonder shall never end. Alcohol done dey get review be that ooo!
Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by N0favors: 1:04pm On Dec 22, 2018
God knows I don’t drink any of those
Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by dominique(f): 1:05pm On Dec 22, 2018
I developed a headache from reading the headline alone

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by xxxtedyxxx(m): 1:06pm On Dec 22, 2018
100 naira Baby OKu...is okay for me

1 Like

Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by zicoraads: 1:07pm On Dec 22, 2018
N0favors:
God knows I don’t drink any of those
Which do you drink?
Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by B3sty(m): 1:07pm On Dec 22, 2018
ct2:
Pls you reading this don't drink alcohol this Christmas. it's a warning
Do I have to wait till Christmas? I have over 36 Bottles of this already in my Fridge... I've started my Christmas... Enjoy!!!

2 Likes

Re: Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? by seunny4lif(m): 1:08pm On Dec 22, 2018
Na waoh oooooooh
I never get money to buy 33 beers or Trophy beer and someone is mentioning drink of 20K

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of Creamy And Affordable Cakes In Abeokuta / Recipe For Ukazi And Uha(ora) Soup / Pls Amakaone And Co I Need A Healthy Food Time Table For My Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.