Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,171 members, 7,849,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:09 AM

Diary Of A Young Mum: Co – Sleeping With My Baby - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Diary Of A Young Mum: Co – Sleeping With My Baby (423 Views)

My Baby Is Just 4 Months And My Wife Is Pregnant Again, I Want Abortion / My Baby's Transformation... / My Friend Is Sleeping With His 13-Year-Old Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Diary Of A Young Mum: Co – Sleeping With My Baby by Theladysroom: 10:43am On Dec 21, 2018
When I was a baby, I slept on a cot, away from my parents. The same happened for two of my younger siblings. Back then, the awareness for baby-friendly breastfeeding was not yet common, so being mostly bottle fed meant there was no reason for my mum to co-sleep with me.

Fear vs need
Then I had my son. In his case, I chose to breastfeed him exclusively for six months. I tried to put him in a cot for the first few months of his life. As a young mother, I was conscious of the risks that came with it. To mitigate some of the perceived dangers such as ‘cot death’, I made the cot plain – keeping out pillows and stuffed animals.

Sadly, it did not work for either my baby or me. Between my son’s large appetite and my then light sleeping habits, I became somewhat of a wreck from having to wake up too frequently.
Read full Article << https://theladysroom.ng/sleeping-my-baby/

Re: Diary Of A Young Mum: Co – Sleeping With My Baby by ImaIma1(f): 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2018
I guess mum's do what works for them. For me, I didn't do co-sleeping and I breastfed exclusive for 4months plus. It worked for me because I wanted her to get used to sleeping on her own especially at night.

It didn't mean I didn't love her or want her in my arms always.

Besides, I prefer to co-sleeping with hubby and keep our own bond going too.

(1) (Reply)

3D Wall Panel And Wall Paper / Man Offers £240,000 Whoever Marries His 26-year-old Daughter / Children And The Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.