Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,365 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Query re: endorsement of new ePassport with details of an old expired passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Query re: endorsement of new ePassport with details of an old expired passport (2698 Views)

Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa / Going To Nigeria: Expired Passport: Big Problem: / I Need Suggestions On Travelling With An Expired Passport. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Query re: endorsement of new ePassport with details of an old expired passport by papas: 2:36pm On Aug 05, 2010
When one gets the new passport (ePassport), is it meant to be endorsed with, say, a stamp or an official imprint of the previous passport's number to kind of link up the new passport with the preceeding one?

I gather from comments in some threads that people have had their new passports endorsed with a referral to their old ones, especially if they still have valid visa/visas on the old one (which should be stamped as 'cancelled without prejudice' on issuance of the new one).

In other words, should there be some sort of referral to the old passport (e.g. the old passport's number) on the new passport?
Re: Query re: endorsement of new ePassport with details of an old expired passport by coolier(f): 5:53pm On Aug 05, 2010
papas:

In other words, should there be some sort of referral to the old passport (e.g. the old passport's number) on the new passport?

That used to be the case then, when one gets a new passport, it's usually stamped with the inscription "Previously travelled on passport nos ******* which has been cancelled and returned to owner". But with the new e-passport, your old passport is just cancelled without prejudice, and returned to you to be attached to the new passport when you travel. Valid Visas on old passports are not cancelled by Nigerian immigration and they are still legal to be tendered for travels when attached to new passport with same name, same date of birth.
Re: Query re: endorsement of new ePassport with details of an old expired passport by papas: 8:54pm On Aug 05, 2010
Thank you for the superb reply @coolier!!!
Re: Query re: endorsement of new ePassport with details of an old expired passport by papas: 8:57pm On Aug 05, 2010
If you don't mind me asking though (@coolier), do you have a link or source to your highly esteemed info? I wonder why the ePassport is not also stamped with the inscription, you have mentioned, as was the case with the old machine readable passports. . .
Re: Query re: endorsement of new ePassport with details of an old expired passport by coolier(f): 12:15am On Aug 06, 2010
papas:

I wonder why the ePassport is not also stamped with the inscription, you have mentioned, as was the case with the old machine readable passports. .

I wonder too. And sorry no link, it's from experience and I suppose that is the best teacher?

(1) (Reply)

Work In The UK After Graduation / My Germany Visa, / Ireland Or Australia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.