Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Categories Of Atheists. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Categories Of Atheists. (1312 Views)

Why Catholic Church Is Evil! Majority Of Atheists Are Former Catholics. / Three Categories Of "Atheists" On Nairaland: we were/are right. / Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Categories Of Atheists. by Originakalokalo(m): 12:01am On Dec 23, 2018
Categories of Atheists .....

Category 1.

1. Most of the people engage in some sins that pricks their conscience as Christians... or as a theist in general...

Then he or she looks for excuse to free himself from this guilt within...

They tell themselves that there is no punishment for their crimes anywhere....nothing like hell.

Then, the first thing they question is the concept of judgement.... Hell and eternal damnation...

With few comments here and there, especially on nairaland, they readily accept that hell is not possible...

...and that the loving God cannot punish people forever...

....Then they conclude that there is no God....because all this hell or eternity doesn't make sense...

There is a readiness to believe anything that soots their conscience....their ears become itchy and they look for ..

teachers who can help with soothing messages..

....and then......FREEDOM...

They welcome freedom....

Freedom from inner fights with conscience....

Freedom to do whatever without the fear of hell and death..

Freedom from preachers harsh words on repentance and holiness that gives them the fear of what happens after death.

They are suddenly free...From people's judgemental comments about their lifestyle.

This is the first category.

1 Like

Re: Categories Of Atheists. by Originakalokalo(m): 12:13am On Dec 23, 2018
Category 2..

These ones were once committed theists before....

They prayed on certain issues and probably fasted...or had painful experiences like illness, loss of loved ones, etc.

..Being pained, they seek knowledge in other to explain why they had to go through the painful experiences.....

They conclude after reading few comments here and there that there is no God....

Because if he exists, these things would not have happened to them...

They question why there is evil... Why God allows bad things to happen, etc...

.....and then then decide that there is no God.

I call these ones "circumstantial atheists"

3.The last category is those who are morally okay and life is good for them generally...

There belief is based on personal conviction and reasoning about issues of life...

If these ones have genuine reasons to become a theist,

They will without hesitation.

The other two categories are only "running away" from something.

You can deceive yourself and others..

You cannot deceive God.

God shows mercy to those of the third category than those other two...

Most times, he reveals himself to the third category of atheists....
Re: Categories Of Atheists. by Originakalokalo(m): 12:16am On Dec 23, 2018
Many people have passed through a lot in life and still remain God's children....

Even more than what the second category atheists passed through....

The first category of atheists are just hypocrites...

and the tendencies of their heart is seen clearly before God...

As an atheist, which category do you belong?
Re: Categories Of Atheists. by Originakalokalo(m): 12:21am On Dec 23, 2018
You run away from God thinking you have escaped the punishment of hell.

Can you escape eternal damnation simply because you don't believe it exists?

If it exists, will your belief make hell not to exist?

You think you now have freedom.........

But you have been enslaved by the devil.

Some of you have tiny shreds of mercy hanging on you...

It is better you retrace your steps...
Re: Categories Of Atheists. by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 23, 2018
My dear - in short you are in bondage to the fear of hell and guilt of sin. I am not an atheist by the way.

Without a hell, you would have remained a wild sinner .

You are not in it for the Love of God or MAN, you just wanna save your own hide from the unquenchable fire - lol grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Categories Of Atheists. by wami7470: 12:34am On Dec 23, 2018
The fact is the more developed and richer a country is the more atheist it will have.

Who would pray for food, security, health and job when the government provides these things at a no or low cost.

You doubt me see Europe.... Many religious Nigerians still go to Europe for a good live.

Pray for good roads to fall from heaven and land in Nigeria

Learn how to profit from the Financial Market and how to start a business in Nigeria visit www.360forextrader.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Categories Of Atheists. by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 23, 2018
[quote author=frosbel2 post=74089748]My dear - in short you are in bondage to the fear of hell and guilt of sin. I am not an atheist by the way.

Without a hell, you would have remained a wild sinner .

You are not in it for the Love of God or MAN, you just wanna save your own hide from the unquenchable fire - lol grin[/quote
So you have time to trade words with this fellow?
His ministry in the body of christ is trolling atheists.he is obsessed with them,he thinks atheist,breathe atheist and sleeps atheist. Instead of concentrating on the "redeemed" to ensure their salvation is forever secured he is going on a quest to the non christians camp to troll. He should focus on the the bird at hand and forget of the rest in the bush. By the way heaven isnt meant to be populated

3 Likes

Re: Categories Of Atheists. by Mille: 12:41am On Dec 23, 2018
Originakalokalo:

You run away from God thinking you have escaped the punishment of hell.

Can you escape eternal damnation simply because you don't believe it exists?

If it exists, will your belief make hell not to exist?

You think you now have freedom.........

But you have been enslaved by the devil.

Some of you have tiny shreds of mercy hanging on you...

It is better you retrace your steps...

You theists never cease to amaze me.

How can someone supposedly reasonable come to preach to me about an also supposedly MERCIFUL god who is going to burn people in hell eternally ?

This same god could have just come down and end the confusion of the real religion amongst the many others and stop punishing innocent people simply because of who and where they are born.

I mean, this same supposedly merciful god in a supposedly written holy book sent a supposed king called Saul to go murder innocent women, men and children. As SUPPOSEDLY MERCIFUL as he is, he still punished SAUL for SPARING some Innocent lives and not destroying them all completely.
How you read this same book and sleep peacefully at night is a mystery.

I don't know what tribe you are from but I'm sure that if the Ibadan army hasn't regrouped to send the Muslim (TERRORISTS) Jihadists outside of Yorubaland or the same Islamic terrorists/jihadists (like the Dothrakis) had been able to successfully cross the River Niger before the Missionaries came with their Slavery, you will definitely be here shouting Allahu Akbar up and down.

7 Likes

Re: Categories Of Atheists. by CreepyBlackpool: 2:45am On Dec 23, 2018
what exatcly makes your own God any more real than the Islamic Allah, the pastaferian flying spaghetti monster, Budha, Zeus, Amadioha or the God of any other religion.

What exactly makes you think your own God is the genuine one
Re: Categories Of Atheists. by alfaman3: 3:33am On Dec 23, 2018
Pity the OP.

He has started to doubt like many godly have done before him and he is fighting against it.

That is what we all do.

First we don't believe anybody cannot believe. Then we meet unbelievers and laugh and try to show them the errors of their ways. Then they use superior reasoning and arguments which sow doubts in our mind. Then there is conflict between the certaintly of our belief and the logic of their argument. OP is at this stage now.

If OP is strong mentally, logic will win and he will slowly abandon God.
If OP is weak, superstitious beliefs will win and he will fall back to the comfort and bliss of ignorance.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Categories Of Atheists. by Originakalokalo(m): 6:13am On Dec 23, 2018
I go to church to worship the father in spirit and in truth...

I am sure by now you know the category where you belong...

I will reply some comments when I come back.

Serve God in Truth, holiness and righteousness and you won't have to worry about judgement and hell....

Ask the Holy Ghost to help you with anything...

He hears.

I ask him for help with everything....
.and he is always there.
Re: Categories Of Atheists. by LordReed(m): 8:44am On Dec 23, 2018
I was just watching a video about how Street Fighter V is introducing ads and advertisers logo display on characters, the fans are saying it breaks the lore. They are doing with an almost religious fervour. I laugh think of how religious people are not different, anytime you say their fairy tales are not real they start crying foul. LMFAO!
Re: Categories Of Atheists. by CAPSLOCKED: 8:54am On Dec 23, 2018
LordReed:
I was just watching a video about how Street Fighter V is introducing ads and advertisers logo display on characters, the fans are saying it breaks the lore. They are doing with an almost religious fervour. I laugh think of how religious people are not different, anytime you say their fairy tales are not real they start crying foul. LMFAO!

MY GUY FIND ME SURE 1.2 ODD I HAVE KIDNEY TO SELL AND STAKE.

1 Like

Re: Categories Of Atheists. by frank317: 8:55am On Dec 23, 2018
I belong to the three categories.... Prove ur God exists for once and stop calling hell upandan like say na u create am.

No one care about ur stupid hell, just so u know.

2 Likes

Re: Categories Of Atheists. by finalboss(m): 9:17am On Dec 23, 2018
wami7470:
The fact is the more developed and richer a country is the more atheist it will have.

Who would pray for food, security, health and job when the government provides these things at a no or low cost.

You doubt me see Europe.... Many religious Nigerians still go to Europe for a good live.

Pray for good roads to fall from heaven and land in Nigeria

Learn how to profit from the Financial Market and how to start a business in Nigeria visit www.360forextrader.com
stole this from my mind.
Re: Categories Of Atheists. by luvmijeje(f): 10:47am On Dec 23, 2018
Matthew 7 :1-2

[
1] Judge not, that ye be not judged.

[2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Re: Categories Of Atheists. by LordReed(m): 10:51am On Dec 23, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

MY GUY FIND ME SURE 1.2 ODD I HAVE KIDNEY TO SELL AND STAKE.

LMFAO!
Re: Categories Of Atheists. by Originakalokalo(m): 12:10pm On Dec 23, 2018
luvmijeje:
Matthew 7 :1-2

[

You believe this one.....

But you don't believe in judgement day and eternal life in hell.

Very convenient.
Re: Categories Of Atheists. by Originakalokalo(m): 12:18pm On Dec 23, 2018
frank317:
I belong to the three categories.... Prove ur God exists for once and stop calling hell upandan like say na u create am.

No one care about ur stupid hell, just so u know.

Really?
The there categories?

Why am I not bothered about hell?

Why am I not worried about what happens to me after death?

It is because I belong to Christ...

...Jesus rules my life...

He forgives my sins.

Check your life as children of God...

Are you afraid ?

Just retrace your steps back to God and the fears and worries of death will go away.
Re: Categories Of Atheists. by LordReed(m): 12:27pm On Dec 23, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Really?
The there categories?

He forgives my sins.

Are you afraid ?

Just retrace your steps back to God and the fears and worries of death will go away.

You guys fear death more any other set of people. I bet today your pastor prayed against untimely death or death by accident or death by witchcraft or death by illness. Everyday you pray against one form of death or the other. Why? If you believe in heaven you should be confident enough to die at anytime why pray against death? You no wan go heaven?

3 Likes

Re: Categories Of Atheists. by Originakalokalo(m): 12:42pm On Dec 23, 2018
alfaman3:
Pity the OP.

He has started to doubt like many godly have done before him and he is fighting against it.

What shall separate us from the love of Christ?

Tribulations, trials, lack, doctrines, sickness, death?

Apostle Paul said this after he has seen Jesus times without number, after demons cried out in Jesus name through him,

after he had healed diseases and sicknesses through Jesus, after the dead rose through Jesus name and

after he saw what the holy spirit can do in him, especially in the area of separation from sin and iniquities...

after he had taken a peep into the Paradise and saw and heard unimaginable things..

He wondered what could separate him from Jesus..

He had an experience at conversion, that could not be taken away from him...it made him withstand beatings, tortures, hunger, ailment, etc.

......You don't know who you are talking to and the gift of God upon his life... I won't say more than that...

..It is a feceless forum and I don't blame you for that.

alfaman3:

That is what we all do.

First we don't believe anybody cannot believe. Then we meet unbelievers and laugh and try to show them the errors of their ways. Then they use superior reasoning and arguments which sow doubts in our mind.
Then there is conflict between the certaintly of our belief and the logic of their argument. OP is at this stage now.

Spirituality in Jesus is in stages...Conversion, salvation, consecration, sanctification and fellowship...

Doubts can come at conversion... The holy spirit helps his own at this time...

At a stage of sanctification and fellowship, One becomes a terror to the devil and his demons...

Because he carries the presence of God in holiness and righteousness in Jesus ...

Such as Apostle Paul and the twelve disciples.

That is spiritual growth in levels...

alfaman3:

If OP is strong mentally, logic will win and he will slowly abandon God.
If OP is weak, superstitious beliefs will win and he will fall back to the comfort and bliss of ignorance.

Tricks and gimmicks....

The devil is simply a lair and the Father of it.
Re: Categories Of Atheists. by frank317: 12:51pm On Dec 23, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Really?
The there categories?

He forgives my sins.

Are you afraid ?

U are shouting hell up and down and u say u are not bothered about hell... Continue.

If not the fear of hell u will never be worshiping and unseen being

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Categories Of Atheists. by Originakalokalo(m): 12:56pm On Dec 23, 2018
LordReed:

You guys fear death more any other set of people. I bet today your pastor prayed against untimely death or death by accident or death by witchcraft or death by illness. Everyday you pray against one form of death or the other. Why? If you believe in heaven you should be confident enough to die at anytime why pray against death? You no wan go heaven?

At the level of sanctification and fellowship,

All fear goes away.
Re: Categories Of Atheists. by Originakalokalo(m): 1:18pm On Dec 23, 2018
CreepyBlackpool:
what exatcly makes your own God any more real than the Islamic Allah, the pastaferian flying spaghetti monster, Budha, Zeus, Amadioha or the God of any other religion.

What exactly makes you think your own God is the genuine one

Because he is plenty in mercy...

Because he is the only God, the Almighty.

As mighty and powerful as he is,

He keeps silent when sinners call him names...

A demon in Amadioha would strike and kill if you go to his shrine to say rubbish... Many won't even try it..

Patience is my God's trademark... Yet mighty and he is a consuming fire...

He waits waits and waits...

Before he destroyed Canaanites, he waited for over 600 years ..even though they sacrifice their children to Moloch by throwing them in fire..

He warned Israel and Judah for hundreds of years before driving them out and scattering them everywhere in the world. ..

Ritualists, fornicators, adulterers, killers of infants and aged, thieves and sexual perverts who would not dare to go to Sango and Amadioha's shrine to call him names...

Would call the consuming fire a dog, idiot, fool, etc....

...and then he waits....

Until......

And when his judgement finally comes,

The earth will shudder and mountains will be splited in half ..

Cherubims and Seraphims will hide their faces from the one sitted on the throne...

Are you still asking me why he is my God?

I Will write a book on that.
Re: Categories Of Atheists. by CreepyBlackpool: 1:31pm On Dec 23, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Because he is plenty in mercy...

Because he is the only God, the Almighty.

A demon in Amadioha would strike and kill if you go to his shrine to say rubbish... Many won't even try it..

Patience is my God's trademark...

Yeah right.

Didn't he send snakes to kill the Israelites cause they complained against him.

Made the earth to open up and swallow his people without warning.

Didn't he aid the Israelites in killing entire nations, innocent women and children inclusive.

Remember Ananias and his wife? they died on the spot for lying.

Yeah he has infinite mercy, no wonder he lets his children burn for eternity

1 Like

Re: Categories Of Atheists. by spongeisback: 1:37pm On Dec 23, 2018
ORIGINALKOLO keep fighting for god, keep proving us right. grin

1 Like

Re: Categories Of Atheists. by Originakalokalo(m): 1:49pm On Dec 23, 2018
spongeisback:
ORIGINALKOLO keep fighting for god, keep proving us right. grin

I respond to posts to pass a message across...especially to God's children... Not to defend God.

This act is intentional.
Re: Categories Of Atheists. by LordReed(m): 1:49pm On Dec 23, 2018
Originakalokalo:

At the level of sanctification and fellowship,

All fear goes away.

Yeah right.
Re: Categories Of Atheists. by Originakalokalo(m): 1:53pm On Dec 23, 2018
CreepyBlackpool:

Yeah right.

Didn't he send snakes to kill the Israelites cause they complained against him.

Made the earth to open up and swallow his people without warning.

Didn't he aid the Israelites in killing entire nations, innocent women and children inclusive.

Remember Ananias and his wife? they died on the spot for lying.

Yeah he has infinite mercy, no wonder he lets his children burn for eternity

He is plenty in mercy..

That's why you are still alive...despite your imperfections

Repent and be converted.
Re: Categories Of Atheists. by CreepyBlackpool: 1:58pm On Dec 23, 2018
Originakalokalo:

He is plenty in mercy..

That's why you are still alive...despite your imperfections

Repent and be converted.

like the typical christian, yoy deviate from the subject matter.
Instead of countering my points with rational arguments, you switch to the usual "repent you sinner" all in an attempt to cover up your ignorance and fears.

4 Likes

Re: Categories Of Atheists. by Originakalokalo(m): 2:07pm On Dec 23, 2018
CreepyBlackpool:

like the typical christian, yoy deviate from the subject matter.
Instead of countering my points with rational arguments, you switch to the usual "repent you sinner" all in an attempt to cover up your ignorance and fears.

There are answers for the points you raised...

Children in kindergarten church know them...

I will not explain it to you for two reasons.

1. You don't have spiritual understanding about God.., you probably do not believe in his existence,

.how do you want to understand his nature?

If a Christian asks me these questions in my Sunday school class, I will readily give answers to them all...

by his grace.

2.You didn't ask for genuineness to know...You asked to mock ....

Since you know already, why should I teach you?
Re: Categories Of Atheists. by CreepyBlackpool: 2:10pm On Dec 23, 2018
Originakalokalo:

There are answers for the points you raised...

Children in kindergarten church know them...

I will not explain it to you for two reasons.

1. You don't have spiritual understanding about God.., you probably do not believe in his existence,

.how do you want to understand his nature?

If a Christian asks me these questions in my Sunday school class, I will readily give answers to them all...

by his grace.

2.You didn't ask for genuineness to know...You asked to mock ....

Since you know already, why should I teach you?

I'm giving you extra points

your deflection skills are simply superb grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Be A Virgin Again / Lot Of People Posting Jesus On Their Whatsapp Status / Why Didn't God Just Kill Satan Instead Of Allowing Jesus To Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.