Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,710 members, 7,813,347 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

FIRST MEAL (FOOD) ABROAD - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / FIRST MEAL (FOOD) ABROAD (1369 Views)

One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage / At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIRST MEAL (FOOD) ABROAD by AGARIautos: 2:31am On Aug 06, 2010
FORUMITES,

PLEASE, SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES WITH YOUR FIRST FOREIGN MEAL TASTED (AIRCRAFT MEALS EXCLUSIVE) OUTSIDE YOUR NORMAL TOLERANCE OF NIGERIAN MEALS IN ANY COUNTRY. HOW DID YOU FEEL, COPEĀ  AND MANAGE WITH IT.

STARTING FIRST - "BIBIMPAP" FIRST TASTED IN SOUTH KOREA, A COMBINATION OF RICE, SPINARCH, OLIVE OIL, RED PASTE, SOUR SOUP, MUSHROOM, BLACK BEANS, BEAN CAKE AND SOME CAN'T REMEMBER THEIR NAMES. YOU STIR ALL TOGETHER BEFORE COMMENCING WITH CHOP STICKS, MEN IT TASTE LIKE, TRY IT YOURSELF.
Re: FIRST MEAL (FOOD) ABROAD by omega25red(m): 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2010
i remeber having brussel sprouts on a plane embarassed gross
oh one time coming back from london in the days of nigeria airways they served us rotten chicken on the flight it was green embarassed nasty shyt
Re: FIRST MEAL (FOOD) ABROAD by sexylogan(m): 4:35pm On Aug 07, 2010
my first meal abroad was in india. it was chicken biriyani with garlic sauce, chicken kebabs

and one kind of funny seasoning that looked like yoghurt( i cudnt eat it) embarassed

the biriyani was nice. it's india's equivalent of fried rice but somehow different.

from my experience, if u r not staying too long and the food is hard to swallow,

find sumthing u like and stick to it. once in a while u can hav a change by

ordering a pizza or burgers. cool
Re: FIRST MEAL (FOOD) ABROAD by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 07, 2010
my first meal on a arepoplane was some chicken sauce thing i thoght it tasted like curry with rice tasted quite nice but curry on a plane to NIGERIA!!! then we had some chocolate dessert that was very nice.
then as a light snack we crossiants with cheese and tomatoe and chocolate!!!!
Re: FIRST MEAL (FOOD) ABROAD by pslm23(f): 3:23am On Aug 08, 2010
My first "oyibo" meal was on the plane. I took a bite of the chicken and tot to myself, *chai, so one can cook chicken with sugar*? grin There was rice but it was just plain rice and i almost asked the stewardess for stew. I decided against it. there was also a roll of bread, some butter and orange juice and some kind of funny tasing dessert! I had red wine with my meal grin grin . i ate everything (even the funny tasting dessert) and then relaxed and started sipping my wine while watching a movie. needless to say, i paid for all those strange food later *if u know what i mean* wink
Living in the US and any other European country will make you FAT! everything they cook is sweet thats why obesity is running rampant here. Candied yams, sweet and sour chicken, honey mustard covered fish, BBQ sauce, pickled this and pickled that, all with huge amounts of vinegar and sugar! haba!!! I don't even want to start with KFC, BK, Wendy or McDonald!!
Re: FIRST MEAL (FOOD) ABROAD by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 08, 2010
My first meal abroad was Eba and Egusi soup. Didn't like it, at that time I was about 7 years old, and wasn't used to foods that didn't require chewing. I also found Eba rough, like it had rashes, or something. tongue
Re: FIRST MEAL (FOOD) ABROAD by yme1(f): 10:57pm On Aug 08, 2010
oh my. . . . cheesy cheesy
my first meal would have been burger but i couldnt eat it
i remebered being asked while in the car on my way from the airport if i would love to eat (ham)burger and kpako like me wey never hear the word burger before thot it was a normal naija fish burger(you know that dry stock fish nah)i said yes happily and the burger was bought only for me to find out it was a round bread like stuff and not what i expected
i frowned but tasted it and found it sour and non-liking,i ended up telling my dad i didnt like it so we gat home and i ate rice and stew but up till date i never told my uncle or dad what transpired with the burger stuff cheesy cheesy embarassed.but now i sooooooooo love hamburger kiss kiss
Re: FIRST MEAL (FOOD) ABROAD by pslm23(f): 12:57pm On Aug 09, 2010
@Sienna [I also found Eba rough, like it had rashes, or something]

ROTFLMAO!!! no be only rashes! what about craw craw? grin grin grin grin
Re: FIRST MEAL (FOOD) ABROAD by Fhemmmy: 4:21pm On Aug 09, 2010
Rice and broccoli mixed with beef
Re: FIRST MEAL (FOOD) ABROAD by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 09, 2010
pslm23:

@Sienna [I also found Eba rough, like it had rashes, or something]

ROTFLMAO!!! no be only rashes! what about craw craw? grin grin grin grin

That as well! grin
Re: FIRST MEAL (FOOD) ABROAD by AGARIautos: 5:42am On Aug 15, 2010
BOILED CORN IN ASIA UNFORTUNATELY NO PEAR OR COCONUT TO GO WITH IT - WHITE, SOFT AND RICH, BOILED BY THE ROAD SIDE JUST LIKE OUR STYLE BUT WITH MORE HYGIENIC UTENSILS
Re: FIRST MEAL (FOOD) ABROAD by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 15, 2010
mine was when i went to nigeria it was gala!!!!!!!!! love it
Re: FIRST MEAL (FOOD) ABROAD by jot01(m): 4:23am On Aug 31, 2010
i didnt eat on da Plane, was so scared, lol

But first meal was Mc Donalds. I ate Mc Chicken with fries and Coke, Hmmmm, Burger lomooo, lol
Re: FIRST MEAL (FOOD) ABROAD by SeanT21(f): 4:24am On Aug 31, 2010
My first meal was at McDonalds after arriving at the airport. I remember hating the burger but eating the fries.
Re: FIRST MEAL (FOOD) ABROAD by jot01(m): 4:36am On Aug 31, 2010
Have always look at the Mc Donalds on TV and when i got thre i was OMG,

I couldn't eat it tho but have to cos of people around, dont want them to look me as a local Man, lol

I finished it nd toilet called me, lol
Re: FIRST MEAL (FOOD) ABROAD by AGARIautos: 2:13am On Oct 27, 2010
INTERESTING MEALS
Re: FIRST MEAL (FOOD) ABROAD by InkedNerd(f): 7:31am On Oct 27, 2010
Hehehe, I think mine was Ramen noodles. It was the very first time I ate some thin that wasn't actually home cooked. At first I liked them then afterwards I hated the taste tongue. Haven't eaten Ramen noodles in years.

(1) (Reply)

'wast It Or Use Straw' Everyone Must Read / Emeka Dies After Drinking Ogogoro / Learn How To Make Cake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.