Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,486 members, 7,770,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:55 AM

Most Beautiful Cities In Africa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Most Beautiful Cities In Africa (41155 Views)

5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria / 12 Most Loved Cities In Nigeria / 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Beautiful Cities In Africa by Nobody: 5:09am On Aug 06, 2010
i was going through the list of most beautiful cities in Africa the other day and i was shocked not to see any Nigeria city on the list.even Lagos,Abuja and Calabar could.nt make it.here is the list,
1)victoria-seychelles
2)Cape town-south Africa
3)Johanesburg-South Africa
4)Pretoria-South Africa
5)Nairobi-Kenya
6)Cairo-Egypt

which Nigerian city worth being listed?
Re: Most Beautiful Cities In Africa by labiyemmy(m): 6:34am On Aug 06, 2010
Abuja of course. Beats all those cities mentioned anyday.

1 Like

Re: Most Beautiful Cities In Africa by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 06, 2010
Abuja has no tourist reserve(s) putting that into consideration,unlike the other cities mentioned.
Re: Most Beautiful Cities In Africa by labiyemmy(m): 8:32am On Aug 06, 2010
so a city that doesnt have a tourist reserve is not beautiful? and what is the definition of a tourist reserve? and have you been to abuja to confirm that statement?
Re: Most Beautiful Cities In Africa by tekajibril(m): 9:19am On Aug 06, 2010
Abuja is not as beautiful as any of those cities, man. Its beautiful no doubt but, it doesnt beat them.

1 Like

Re: Most Beautiful Cities In Africa by labiyemmy(m): 9:31am On Aug 06, 2010
A preacher has no value in his own town - so says Jesus Christ.
Re: Most Beautiful Cities In Africa by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 06, 2010
check out for the great EGYPTIAN PYRAMID in CAIRO or the WILD LIFE RESERVE in NAIROBI,then you know what i mean by tourism.
Re: Most Beautiful Cities In Africa by Yinkaboy: 7:21pm On Aug 11, 2010
calabar is a jewel, sokoto is not bad either
Re: Most Beautiful Cities In Africa by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 12, 2010
Maybe Ibadan would've been the last on the list- the most dirty city in Africa
Re: Most Beautiful Cities In Africa by pendo89(f): 3:20pm On Sep 24, 2011
Am proud to see Nbo there.
But trust me it comes with a change in regime. There was a time nobody cared cz city officials were corrupt, but with governance everything changed.
This in turn attracted investors etc. public smoking is a crime and there are designated areas for this.
Kenyans have learned not to sit back and watch corrupt officials go unpunished. Those days of dictatorship are gone.
Roads are better,and more expansions happening left,right center.
But you see nbo is also a strong economy in the EA and a door to some landlocked cities in Africa.Great and cheap internet connectivity and transport system contribute to this as well.
Stiff competition also in doing biz. I wont talk about tourism cz thats a world on its own.
But for intro,its the only city in the world with a game park right in the city.Those tourists don't need to go to mara,tsavo,naivasha,nakuru or central.
You see giraffes as you drive from airport to hotel.ie on a lucky day lol. oh and coastal beaches.
Najivunia kuwa mkenya smiley
Re: Most Beautiful Cities In Africa by Deezedbj: 3:56pm On Apr 14, 2013
I do smile when ppl talk of tourism and dey keep saying nairobi is better dan all d cities in nigeria...i am currently touring d east african countries,kenya=nairobi,nakuru,eldoret,kericho,kapkatet...uganda>kampala....i swear by God's name i dont c any city dat has any natural tourist attraction dan nigerian cities in all av seen here....and can u imagine wen dey ar naming the top 10 beatifull cities in africa,dey even put kampala,what a joke,.i osogbo is beatifull dan kampala...

1 Like

Re: Most Beautiful Cities In Africa by pendo89(f): 6:01pm On Apr 14, 2013
Deezedbj: I do smile when ppl talk of tourism and dey keep saying nairobi is better dan all d cities in nigeria...i am currently touring d east african countries,kenya=nairobi,nakuru,eldoret,kericho,kapkatet...uganda>kampala....i swear by God's name i dont c any city dat has any natural tourist attraction dan nigerian cities in all av seen here....and can u imagine wen dey ar naming the top 10 beatifull cities in africa,dey even put kampala,what a joke,.i osogbo is beatifull dan kampala...

Your itinerary left out the key tourist zones.
Some of those towns you mentioned are so far away from the city and are not regarded as 'tourist zones.'Infact they are 'Agricultural Zones' the backbone of tea and flower Industries.
Kampala town has nothing much to see.But they receive a lot of expatriates cz of the oil.It's vibrant in it's way.
Nairobi city has a fenced national park in the city complete with wildlife.Plus a number of reserves eg Giraffe center,Animal Sanctuary,Snake park,The National Museum,Ostrich Farm not far from city plus many many other interesting sites.
Before a guest heads to Mara/Tsavo or the Serengeti,which is very expensive they have a taste of it right in the city.
Have you been to the coastal resorts? Malindi where bilionaire italians have invested like crazy and own exclusive resorts? They attract their own kind.How about Lamu? National parks-there's one in Nakuru,Mt Kenya highlands-climbed the mountain? and sampled the 5 star hotels?
If not then you haven't even began your tour.
Tembea ndugu ujiuonee.
Re: Most Beautiful Cities In Africa by Deezedbj: 1:47pm On Apr 17, 2013
My friend pendo89,.if u read my lines very wel u wil c i mentioned nakuru and nairobi,.all those tourist centre u av mention av already been there,only nakuru mt remained whc we wil be there nxt weekend..let me ask u few question my friend,pls av u ever been to nigeria b4?.if yes av u been to some tourism atraction areas..if yes or no,let me giv u some names,.u wanna c animals?.go to dis place,.yankari game reserves(bauchi) national reserve park oyo,national reserve park calabar,national zoo in university of ibadan,national zoo in university of ile-ife..go to the eastern part of nigeria and c diz all animals u av mention...apart from dat let talk abt other tins dat atract tourist,go to erin ijesha waterfal,and u wil c it has 7 stairs of waterfal and 1 stair is higher dan 6 storey building..apart from dat go to ekiti and c where hot and cold water come out from different source,where d temperature of d hot water reaches 97c (geologist said dat is d hottest natural water in d world) and d cold watre is abt 10c...my friend den go to abeokuta where u find d mighty olumo ROCK..where u wil always find foreign tourist every minute...and u talk of italian comin to kenya to invest?.av u ever heard of OSUN OSOGBO FESTIVAL?..d woman dat perform d rituals for dis festiaval is SUSANE WENGER,AN AMERICAN,SHE HAS BEEN THERE AT THE SHRINE OF OSUN OSOGBO FOR THE PAST 40 YRS(ALTHOUGH SHE'S DEAD NOW,she died 2 yrs ago in dat shrine).do u even knw dat festival only atract more than 4 million tourist yrly?. Do u even knw dat unesco endorsed dis festival..?..and u talk of 5 stars hotels?.ahahahaha..u make me laugh..pls go to nigeria and u wil c what is 5 stars hotel,,pls go and u wil c it...and if u wanna compare nairobi and abuja,i mean our capitals,den u av to go to abuja and c,,nairobi is behind calabar not to talk of abuja,lagos,port-harcourt..e.t.c...am nt condeming ur country pls bt wen it come to rating pls u shd knw kenya is behind nigeria..except if d rating is been done by a kenyan or an ugandan...i remember wen i was studying in ukraine,we went for an excursion from my university to istanbul(turkey) and we saw alot of nice places,,one of d ppl there said why dnt dey c ppl from africa to come in large to the tourist atraction,i told him cos al wat i saw here in istanbul is what i can find in just a single vilage in my country..he doubted and i invited him to naija to c dis himself,,after he came and went back to turkey he brought alot of ppl and he kept saying "nigeria is another universe wen its come tourism"...so my friend pendo89 pls come to nigeria and u wil witness all am saying...u can google all i av said..also search abt d gods(sango,ogun,oya,e.t.c)..
Re: Most Beautiful Cities In Africa by Deezedbj: 1:52pm On Apr 17, 2013
And u talk abt ugandan oil i hope u wnt compare dat wt nigeria too?

1 Like

Re: Most Beautiful Cities In Africa by olumidazz: 7:14pm On Apr 18, 2013
I have visited all these cities and believe me dear children of GOD, Abuja is a pit latrine compared to all these cities.

1 Like

Re: Most Beautiful Cities In Africa by dasparrow: 7:59pm On Apr 18, 2013
olumidazz: I have visited all these cities and believe me dear children of GOD, Abuja is a pit latrine compared to all these cities.

I believe you that Abuja cannot be compared to those cities listed.
Re: Most Beautiful Cities In Africa by saintdeby(m): 10:45pm On Apr 19, 2013
all those cities listed above are more beautiful dan nigeria cities, in terms of settings and planning, 9ja is lagging behind my brodas, letz be sincere
Re: Most Beautiful Cities In Africa by Nobody: 7:12am On May 05, 2013
olumidazz: I have visited all these cities and believe me dear children of GOD, Abuja is a pit latrine compared to all these cities.
Abuja is a world class city and many europeans and americans have confirmed it.
Re: Most Beautiful Cities In Africa by symbianDON(m): 8:46pm On May 05, 2013
Cajetan speaks: Abuja is a world class city and many europeans and americans have confirmed it.
hahahahahahehehehehehe!!!!! LWKMD grin abuja is a world class city!! Which world?? Hope not this world o

1 Like

Re: Most Beautiful Cities In Africa by symbianDON(m): 8:48pm On May 05, 2013
abuja is beautiful no doubt......but abuja world class?? Naaaahhhh!!!

1 Like

Re: Most Beautiful Cities In Africa by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 09, 2013
symbianDON: abuja is beautiful no doubt......but abuja world class?? Naaaahhhh!!!
Its obvious you haven't been to abuja before, neither have you travelled out of Nigeria before.
Re: Most Beautiful Cities In Africa by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 11, 2013
Shut up that pit latrine you call mouth.
Re: Most Beautiful Cities In Africa by metro10: 9:31pm On May 12, 2013
Have travelled kenya extensively, in terms of tourism, they've got it...from the western lake victoria, nairobi to the beachy coast of mombasa...lots of attraction. They also have awesome infrastructures(buildings)...the skylines of nairobi city center...although they are detoriating except for new one springing up expecially in western nairobi...nice shopping malls also...the best of which you will fine in south african....now coming to nigeria though. Power in kenya is better than in nigeria....Road-wise, abuja is better that kenya. The road in nairobi is helish and bad trafik. Nairobi has one of the work ghettos in africa...it was scary seeing the ghettos soo close on the eastern coner of the city. Abuja is neater compared to nairobi.
Re: Most Beautiful Cities In Africa by THEPOLY11: 1:31am On May 13, 2013
Cape town-south Africa
Johanesburg-South Africa
Pretoria-South Africa
Durban-South Africa
East London- South Africa
Re: Most Beautiful Cities In Africa by bryan1991: 6:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
dasparrow:

I believe you that Abuja cannot be compared to those cities listed.

I'm a nigerian. Believe it or not nigeria is great.. I learned to respect nigeria in some aspects since I came to Europe... We hear about germany, France, Italy... This countries are not what we think they are.... When it comes to beauty I respect africa countries because we have tried.... [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Most Beautiful Cities In Africa by bryan1991: 8:19pm On Dec 21, 2014
Come to cities in europe. Then you will know the value of abuja.. I haven't been to UK but among cities in the rest part of Europe, Abuja will be also respected

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Renovated Port Harcourt Airport / Which Nice Country Can I Relocate To Legally With ₦8m? / UNICAL Undergraduate Dies As Car Hits Him (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.