Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,089 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

JUST IN!!! A Governor, And His Senator Die In Helicopter Crash(photos) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / JUST IN!!! A Governor, And His Senator Die In Helicopter Crash(photos) (4587 Views)

Kenyan Head Of Military, Ogolla, Dies In Helicopter Crash / 5 U.S Soldiers Die In Helicopter Crash During Training / Ukraine's Interior Minister, Deputy, 16 Others Die In Helicopter Crash (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JUST IN!!! A Governor, And His Senator Die In Helicopter Crash(photos) by 042report: 8:47am On Dec 25, 2018
A Mexican governor and her senator husband were killed in a helicopter crash in the centre of the country on Monday, Igbere TV has learned.

According to report, Martha Erika Alonso, a senior opposition figure and new governor of the central state of Puebla, died with Rafael Moreno, a senator and the former governor of the same state, when their helicopter came down not far from the state capital of Puebla city, local media reported.

“I said hello to (Moreno) in the Senate just a few days ago. Those of us who had the opportunity to know them are sad and troubled,” Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard said on Twitter, confirming the deaths of the couple.

President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador said on Twitter that his government would investigate the accident.

It was unclear if the pilot died or what had caused the crash.

Television images showed the remains of an aircraft in flames, a plume of smoke and people who showed up at what appeared to be the scene.

Alonso, from the centre-right National Action Party (PAN), took office earlier this month after a local election that was hotly contested with Lopez Obrador’s leftist National Regeneration Movement, or MORENA.

An electoral tribunal had to validate the results months after the vote amid accusations of fraud.

Moreno was governor of Puebla between 2011 and 2017 and headed the PAN in the Senate.

Marko Cortes, the head of the PAN, said on Twitter that the party was in mourning.

Benito Nacif, an official at the federal electoral institute, said Puebla’s Congress would have to appoint an interim governor until new elections could be held for a successor to serve out the remainder of Alonso’s term.

A number of Mexican politicians have died in aircraft accidents in the past few years, including federal interior ministers in 2008 and 2011. The latter two were also members of the PAN.
http://042report.com/just-in-governor-senator-die-in-helicopter-crashphotos/

Source:042report

Re: JUST IN!!! A Governor, And His Senator Die In Helicopter Crash(photos) by lekkie073(m): 8:59am On Dec 25, 2018
Sad
Re: JUST IN!!! A Governor, And His Senator Die In Helicopter Crash(photos) by wilcox(m): 8:59am On Dec 25, 2018
With speed I opened thinking it was in Nigeria

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JUST IN!!! A Governor, And His Senator Die In Helicopter Crash(photos) by eneojoedu(m): 9:05am On Dec 25, 2018
see as I rush enter praying it be that useless Yahaya bello . people are really suffering here in kogi state.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JUST IN!!! A Governor, And His Senator Die In Helicopter Crash(photos) by Hadone(m): 9:13am On Dec 25, 2018
Just the way some haters want Buhari to die but the guy refused
Re: JUST IN!!! A Governor, And His Senator Die In Helicopter Crash(photos) by babyfaceafrica: 9:15am On Dec 25, 2018
okay
Re: JUST IN!!! A Governor, And His Senator Die In Helicopter Crash(photos) by dokyOloye: 9:30am On Dec 25, 2018
eneojoedu:
see as I rush enter praying it be that useless Yahaya bello . people are really suffering here in kogi state.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: JUST IN!!! A Governor, And His Senator Die In Helicopter Crash(photos) by natnoble(m): 9:30am On Dec 25, 2018
click like if you thought it was Nigeria before now.

16 Likes

Re: JUST IN!!! A Governor, And His Senator Die In Helicopter Crash(photos) by Ayobami7(m): 10:00am On Dec 25, 2018
Rip
Re: JUST IN!!! A Governor, And His Senator Die In Helicopter Crash(photos) by Obudupikin: 10:07am On Dec 25, 2018
wilcox:

I dey tell you.

1 Like

Re: JUST IN!!! A Governor, And His Senator Die In Helicopter Crash(photos) by jefdr001: 10:12am On Dec 25, 2018
Their soul rip. Topic is misleading sha
Re: JUST IN!!! A Governor, And His Senator Die In Helicopter Crash(photos) by Auladimeji1: 10:13am On Dec 25, 2018
I wanted to give a fvck thinking it happened in Nigeria but I was disappointed cheesy

4 Likes

Re: JUST IN!!! A Governor, And His Senator Die In Helicopter Crash(photos) by Opinionated: 10:28am On Dec 25, 2018
Sad news.

This Holiday Season Make a Promise to Harness the Ebenezer Effect and Change Your Life
Re: JUST IN!!! A Governor, And His Senator Die In Helicopter Crash(photos) by slimfit1(m): 10:30am On Dec 25, 2018
eneojoedu:

Chai you bad oh
Re: JUST IN!!! A Governor, And His Senator Die In Helicopter Crash(photos) by duduade: 11:00am On Dec 25, 2018
wilcox:

How you take know

Loool
Re: JUST IN!!! A Governor, And His Senator Die In Helicopter Crash(photos) by Bern1992(m): 11:12am On Dec 25, 2018
I rushed with speed of light thinking it was Ortom and a useless senator.

The man is a mistake for we here in Benue.
Re: JUST IN!!! A Governor, And His Senator Die In Helicopter Crash(photos) by Verapax2001: 11:19am On Dec 25, 2018
Wish you a merry christmas. please read this to have a better christmas
Re: JUST IN!!! A Governor, And His Senator Die In Helicopter Crash(photos) by eddyhanson: 11:27am On Dec 25, 2018
Oooom!
That was a missed targeted crash...
i thouhgt it was Yaha.......

May their souls rip....
Re: JUST IN!!! A Governor, And His Senator Die In Helicopter Crash(photos) by tetralogyfallot(m): 11:40am On Dec 25, 2018
Mtscheeeeeeeew! I even thought is in Nigeria. This is no news abeg
Re: JUST IN!!! A Governor, And His Senator Die In Helicopter Crash(photos) by dumahi(m): 11:43am On Dec 25, 2018
Bad day for that marriage and political monopoly.

Re: JUST IN!!! A Governor, And His Senator Die In Helicopter Crash(photos) by damtan(m): 11:46am On Dec 25, 2018
eeehya....thought it was naija sha.

Migrate to Canada in less than 6 months through a streamlined Express Entry System. Check my signature and get started
Re: JUST IN!!! A Governor, And His Senator Die In Helicopter Crash(photos) by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 4:17pm On Dec 25, 2018
Hmmm

El chapo mafias must have been behind.. The recent clap down on drug mafias is too much.
Re: JUST IN!!! A Governor, And His Senator Die In Helicopter Crash(photos) by sagio09: 8:31pm On Dec 25, 2018
eneojoedu:
Yahaya bello and dino melaye u mean angry

(1) (Reply)

Guinnea-bissau Military: 6 Killed In Failed Coup / Should Great Britain Hand Back The Falklands Over To Argentina / 16 PHOTOS: Aftermath Of The Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down Over Ukraine!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.