Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,351 members, 7,819,253 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle (68014 Views)

Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by EDGEof2MORO: 8:59pm On Jun 12, 2020
Cold don wound am

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by TheBlessedHero: 10:01pm On Jun 12, 2020
Lol. OP is now facing reality. Well, his children will reap the hustle. But then again, if he didn't reap the hustle himself, isn't it better to stay back in 9ja and send his kids over there.

I've always believe to migrate like that, one needs to go there at a very younger age, specifically when one is still a teenager or as a student but still in 20s.

4 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Deltayankeeboi: 5:40pm On Jun 13, 2020
Gerrard59:
It's almost a year OP was online. shocked

This g0t me laughing grin

There is one thread like this one too I read, the last time we heard from the OP, he told us he was traveling to Kuwait.

Till today since last two years or so, after he landed, we never heard from him again about life in Kuwait. I hope they are all fine though.

Your post really got me laughing grin

6 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Gerrard59(m): 6:51pm On Jun 13, 2020
Deltayankeeboi:

This g0t me laughing grin

There is one thread like this one too I read, the last time we heard from the OP, he told us he was traveling to Kuwait.

Till today since last two years or so, after he landed, we never heard from him again about life in Kuwait. I hope they are all fine though.

Your post really got me laughing grin

https://www.nairaland.com/4220796/life-kuwait/3#90403130
That one?
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Deltayankeeboi: 7:06pm On Jun 13, 2020
Gerrard59:

https://www.nairaland.com/4220796/life-kuwait/3#90403130
That one?

lol yes. I just checked. I think he is back online.
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by TheBlessedHero: 8:54pm On Jun 13, 2020
Deltayankeeboi:

lol yes. I just checked. I think he is back online.
Yeah, his Kuwait adventure wasn't pure, the guy later move to SA.
I guess, that's the reality for most guys Sha.
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by NiklauseFred(m): 10:16pm On Aug 07, 2020
Lemme register my presence here cool
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by oginnite(m): 10:34am On Aug 08, 2020
alot of people think that the only Province in Canada is Ontario, so when they migrate, the only province in their plan is Onatrio or probably Quebec. These two Provinces are good but living expenses will kill you and you need to do 2 or 3 jobs to survive. Imagine paying Paying $1200 for an apartment in Toronto and paying just about $700-$800 for that same type of apartment in the Praire Provinces. Jobs are getting plenty nowadays in Manaitobe, Albeta, Saskatchewan and you live better without traffic and all as well as save more compared to Toronto.

only if you can do your research. Also when you get to Canada, Plan that in the next couple of months(like 6monts), save and enrol for a short Certificate course in the occupation that is in demand in the province that you are, This will give you leverage when searching for good paying jobs.
There is more to Canada that just getting there and following the crowd. Stand out

BC, ON, QC are expensive provinces with plenty jobs(they are Lagos, Portharcourt and Abujas or Nigeria). They are not as good for family as it is good for a single
AB(oil and gas headquarters of Canada), SK, MB and the four Atlantic province of Canada which are NL, PE, NB, NS have average jobs and most affordable quality living expenses which allows you live well especially if you have family

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Richdee1(m): 8:09pm On Aug 08, 2020
oginnite:
alot of people think that the only Province in Canada is Ontario, so when they migrate, the only province in their plan is Onatrio or probably Quebec. These two Provinces are good but living expenses will kill you and you need to do 2 or 3 jobs to survive. Imagine paying Paying $1200 for an apartment in Toronto and paying just about $700-$800 for that same type of apartment in the Praire Provinces. Jobs are getting plenty nowadays in Manaitobe, Albeta, Saskatchewan and you live better with traffic and all as well as save more compared to Toronto.

only if you can do your research. Also when you get to Canada, Plan that in the next couple of months(like 6monts), save and enrol for a short Certificate course in the occupation that is in demand in the province that you are, This will give you leverage when searching for good paying jobs.
There is more to Canada that just getting there and following the crowd. Stand out

BC, ON, QC are expensive provinces with plenty jobs(they are Lagos, Portharcourt and Abujas or Nigeria). They are not as good for family as it is good for a single
AB(oil and gas headquarters of Canada), SK, MB and the four Atlantic province of Canada which are NL, PE, NB, NS have average jobs and most affordable quality living expenses which allows you live well especially if you have family

Can I ask questions?

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by CountVersailles(f): 5:54pm On Aug 21, 2021
Would really be nice to hear what's up with OP. Canada can't be that bad.
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Niftyrules(m): 6:29pm On Aug 21, 2021
I swear bro
Bro there is more from where that came.
No limit yourself.
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by nahinbdis: 7:18am On Sep 19, 2021

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by OlukayNuel: 7:52pm On Dec 14, 2021
GambaOsaka:

I don't know if you are married with kids, but in the future, your children will bless you for this decision.
I attended the open day event of a private school last sunday with my 4 year old. My brother, i kid you not, tears were almost dropping from my eyes. Death cannot be compared with sleep. I can close my eyes with 100% assurance that my daughter is getting adequate knowledge that spans a wide range of disciplines which will help craft her future path. Its unlike the naija educational system where all they do is give her home work to write 1 - 200.
Good evening every one .

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Onitsha Fire: Photo Of The Woman That Died With Her Baby / Danfo And Conductor Is Peru (Photos) / Man Discovers "Hidden Camera" In His Hotel Room At A Hotel In VI Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.