Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,242 members, 7,836,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Africans May Never Recover From This Blow - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Africans May Never Recover From This Blow (6748 Views)

How Did You Recover From Backsliding? / Pastor 'One Blow' Involved In Accident After 'Betraying' Bishop Obinim / Chinese Authorities Blow Up Christian Megachurch With Dynamite (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by vaxx: 11:45am On Jan 01, 2019
urahara:

If that is so , why do modern egyptains look like berbers
This is strong evidence to support that the current Egyptians population are not the original occupant, so lot of migration had happen.largely, people from middle east has settled and now owns Egyptian citizenship.

1 Like

Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by budaatum: 11:51am On Jan 01, 2019
urahara:

If that is so , why do modern egyptains look like berbers
Same reason some Mexicans look Spanish. Inter-racial breeding.

You would likely not claim northern Africans were never black, would you?
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by vaxx: 11:59am On Jan 01, 2019
urahara:

Evidence please . Post your source
It depends on how far back you go. 1,500 BC Queen Tiye was black with an Afro and all what you can term as African (Negroid) features. There was a report somewhere i read last time that DNA report conduct on her validate that her ancestor hails from Uganda.

But on the links supporting that Egyptians were blacks. This is Cambridge university links below.

https://www.fitzmuseum.cam.ac.uk/dept/ant/egypt/kemet
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by urahara(m): 11:59am On Jan 01, 2019
budaatum:

This is total rubbish , Egyptians have never been black. DNA tests on their mummies have shown them to be of predominately Eurasian descent.
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by budaatum: 12:02pm On Jan 01, 2019
vaxx:
Age has nothing to do with comprehension. It is too wrong to come with such excuses.

The basis of understanding needs to do with constant self development that maybe gotten thru books or ideas shared with intellectual. You may be aware of the book due to the age factor, but the understanding of the book does not tied up with age.

I never said age had anything to do with understanding a book vaxx. And awareness of a book has nothing to do with age either. It might have something to do with the experience through which information is considered though. And it might have a lot to do with the priorities one places one's arguments on, or, bigotrily, the basis another places on one's arguments. But age is not a sole factor in any. And my comment was more in praise than anything else.
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by urahara(m): 12:02pm On Jan 01, 2019
budaatum:

Looool , so Egypt is not enough , you also want to start claiming Libya nad Morocco grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by budaatum: 12:07pm On Jan 01, 2019
urahara:

This is total rubbish , Egyptians have never been black. DNA tests on their mummies have shown them to be of predominately Eurasian descent.

You may actually be right.

In the last few years, the first credible, peer-reviewed genetic studies on Ancient Egyptians have been conducted, which show that a small but significant and consistent percentage of Ancient Egyptian ancestry came from sub-Saharan Africa. This ancestry is lowest in northern Egypt, and becomes increasingly large as one proceeds south through the populations of Middle and Upper (southern) Egypt. A 2017 genetic study of 83 mummies from northern Egypt (buried near modern-day Cairo), which constituted "the first reliable data set obtained from ancient Egyptians using high-throughput DNA sequencing methods," showed that these persons were most closely related to the diverse modern populations of what is now the Arab world, particularly the southern Levant and Arabia, while also indicating smaller affinities to the neighboring southeastern European and sub-Saharan African (Nubian) populations. Though the mummies were much more closely related to Arab populations than European, they were actually slightly more closely related to southeastern Europeans than modern Egyptians, a fact publicized in the press coverage of the study; the genetic distance between Ancient and modern Egyptians reflects the much greater level of sub-Saharan African ancestry in modern Egyptians, who are heavily mixed with sub-Saharan Africans, and may also stem from a faulty comparison on the part of the study's authors, who compared Lower (northern) Egyptian mummies to the average genetic composition of all contemporary Egyptians (from both Upper and Lower Egypt).

Nevertheless, all 83 mummies tested had significant levels of sub-Saharan African ancestry, although this ancestry was relatively distant. Specifically, the mummies contained between 6% and 15% sub-Saharan African ancestry, with this component getting increasingly large in the later eras of Ancient Egypt. The study's authors noted that this is much less than the percentage of sub-Saharan African ancestry in modern Egyptians, and emphasized the genetic distance between modern and Ancient Egyptians. The authors also cautioned that their findings might be unrepresentative of Ancient Egypt as a whole, anticipating that mummies from Upper (southern) Egypt would contain considerably greater levels of sub-Saharan African ancestry than the Lower Egyptian mummies they examined, and calling for more future research on the matter.
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by urahara(m): 12:12pm On Jan 01, 2019
vaxx:
It depends on how far back you go. 1,500 BC Queen Tiye was black with an Afro and all what you can term as African (Negroid) features. There was a report somewhere i read last time that DNA report conduct on her validate that her ancestor hails from Uganda.

But on the links supporting that Egyptians were blacks. This is Cambridge university links below.

https://www.fitzmuseum.cam.ac.uk/dept/ant/egypt/kemet

The link you posted proves nothing at all
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by vaxx: 12:17pm On Jan 01, 2019
urahara:

The link you posted proves nothing at all
The link dessement the information a skeptic like you need.

What you are to do is to ridicule the information by pulling out uncontested evidence . Which i strongly await.

Remmeber the articule in the link is issued based on authority and not some road side mechanic historians
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by urahara(m): 12:18pm On Jan 01, 2019
budaatum:

You may actually be right.

In the last few years, the first credible, peer-reviewed genetic studies on Ancient Egyptians have been conducted, which show that a small but significant and consistent percentage of Ancient Egyptian ancestry came from sub-Saharan Africa. This ancestry is lowest in northern Egypt, and becomes increasingly large as one proceeds south through the populations of Middle and Upper (southern) Egypt. A 2017 genetic study of 83 mummies from northern Egypt (buried near modern-day Cairo), which constituted "the first reliable data set obtained from ancient Egyptians using high-throughput DNA sequencing methods," showed that these persons were most closely related to the diverse modern populations of what is now the Arab world, particularly the southern Levant and Arabia, while also indicating smaller affinities to the neighboring southeastern European and sub-Saharan African (Nubian) populations. Though the mummies were much more closely related to Arab populations than European, they were actually slightly more closely related to southeastern Europeans than modern Egyptians, a fact publicized in the press coverage of the study; the genetic distance between Ancient and modern Egyptians reflects the much greater level of sub-Saharan African ancestry in modern Egyptians, who are heavily mixed with sub-Saharan Africans, and may also stem from a faulty comparison on the part of the study's authors, who compared Lower (northern) Egyptian mummies to the average genetic composition of all contemporary Egyptians (from both Upper and Lower Egypt).

Nevertheless, all 83 mummies tested had significant levels of sub-Saharan African ancestry, although this ancestry was relatively distant. Specifically, the mummies contained between 6% and 15% sub-Saharan African ancestry, with this component getting increasingly large in the later eras of Ancient Egypt. The study's authors noted that this is much less than the percentage of sub-Saharan African ancestry in modern Egyptians, and emphasized the genetic distance between modern and Ancient Egyptians. The authors also cautioned that their findings might be unrepresentative of Ancient Egypt as a whole, anticipating that mummies from Upper (southern) Egypt would contain considerably greater levels of sub-Saharan African ancestry than the Lower Egyptian mummies they examined, and calling for more future research on the matter.

Wooow , so the modern Egyptians have even more sub Saharan blood than the ancient Egyptians!!!!!
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by budaatum: 12:27pm On Jan 01, 2019
urahara:

Looool , so Egypt is not enough , you also want to start claiming Libya nad Morocco grin cheesy grin grin
To be honest, they all were border countries and along ancient trade routes so inter racial breeding could have happened early enough to give a mix which may not have been mostly black depending on which migrated there the most. The evidence does suggest they are not of the more southern blacks, as you claimed, though I'd expect them to be more black African the further one goes back in time.

If you have any evidence on the matter urahara please share.
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by vaxx: 12:30pm On Jan 01, 2019
Urahara i think i made a mistake with my earlier link.

This shouild be the right option.

https://www.fitzmuseum.cam.ac.uk/dept/ant/egypt/kemet/virtualkemet/faq/
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by budaatum: 12:31pm On Jan 01, 2019
urahara:

Wooow , so the modern Egyptians have even more sub Saharan blood than the ancient Egyptians!!!!!
That's what wiki says, at least.
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by kkins25(m): 4:49pm On Jan 01, 2019
[quote author=vaxx post=74345510]

Africa is not poor, it is poorly managed”. Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf. Former Liberia President .

Our resources enrich the rest of the world, Without our resources, forget about electronics (computers, cell-phones, etc), without Ghana and Ivory Coast, forget about chocolates, without DRC, Botswana, and South Africa, forget about fancy marriage rings, and jewerly or anything else. This list is endless.
I'm aware of this and didn't say otherwise. Yes but care to inform me which of these countries posses the infrastructure to process the aforementioned resources? We export raw cocoa, diamond, crude oil, etc and buy the finished goods. Black people are in the fields plucking, mining the raw stuff, then the "cunning" European takes this raw stuff, processes it and sell it back with more profit. That's the message budaatum has been trying to get across.

There is another Africa that the media never wants to you to see. The positive Africa that is prosperous, progressive and just as developed as the West. Sadly, the NGO industry machine and the western countries never want you to see this side..
When we allow the whites to control media, why wouldn't we be the victim of these manipulation. Once again, the message I was trying to get across. Let's run our own documentary, and also white people do very carefully which part of the news to show to the world and what part not to. We Blacks just pour out everything. The necessary and useless ones.

So many african state do have state of the art tech . we even use high tech gadgets like the rest of the world, I myself use a PS4 right in Nigeria before. while using LTE internet to stream and download online games at great speeds. In african countries (that i know of like Nigeria, ivory coast, Ghana)had an impressive banking system . wherever I am in the country as long as I have my phone or tablet. I. Can conduct my transaction anywhere.. i also know we have online shops which are similar to Amazon (such as jumia ). There is an impressive call cable tv . We called it. (DSTV) where we can also stream movies etc. we have smart TV’s. Abuja justl recenlty laucnh a high speed train system.. so dont be too carried away with this propaganda news about africa.
Dstv is a commendable whatever. But enlighten me please, the satellites that transmit this programs; are they still not white?
This Dstv, isn't it still loaded with more foreign channels than indigenous ones? Don't you notice the production difference between CNN and AIT? State of the art tech that we just bought from our gods. Do a negros even manufacture guns like ak47?

Though to an extent, we aren't on the same ladder with the west,
This is what we've been saying all along. Like it or not we are not in the same grade.
but i beg to blame religion as the cause of it. The founder of the automobile industry "in Ghana "kantaka motors is an apostle.
check the picture below.

I will rather shift the blame on responsibility lays with governments, which consistently miss on opportunity to gradually increase expenses on the general educational and continue to throw money into the current consumption abyss. They are good brains in africa regardless of religion connection. What we don't have is good governance as Liberia female President put it.
yess very true. Religion is not the sole cause but its a curse non the less. No wonder we still have people who believe In blood money.. Those good brains are like gases in container.
Kinetic theory; volume of gases is negligible when compared to the volume of the container.
Modified; That zombie recieve sense isn't addressed to you please. Just want to show our over indulgence in religion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 01, 2019
^^

I won't even laugh, you mean people fall for these scams ?

Terrible and sad.
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by vaxx: 7:52pm On Jan 01, 2019
kkins25:

'm aware of this and didn't say otherwise. Yes but care to inform me which of these countries posses the infrastructure to process the aforementioned resources? We export raw cocoa, diamond, crude oil, etc and buy the finished goods. Black people are in the fields plucking, mining the raw stuff, then the "cunning" European takes this raw stuff, processes it and sell it back with more profit. That's the message budaatum has been trying to get across.
There are many issues that cause this issue. these are related to investments in infrastructure, education, access to funds and control of the market by the large company in the production and distribution sectors. So not on the lack of intellectual as we are really made to belive. It is wrong priority from the goverment and society at large.

When we allow the whites to control media, why wouldn't we be the victim of these manipulation. Once again, the message I was trying to get across. Let's run our own documentary, and also white people do very carefully which part of the news to show to the world and what part not to. We Blacks just pour out everything. The necessary and useless ones.
This is not an African problem but a global problem of our economic model, global monopolies in production and distribution prevent new business to get a good hold to survive.

Dstv is a commendable whatever. But enlighten me please, the satellites that transmit this programs; are they still not white?
This Dstv, isn't it still loaded with more foreign channels than indigenous ones? Don't you notice the production difference between CNN and AIT? State of the art tech that we just bought from our gods. Do a negros even manufacture guns like ak47?
i actually don't understand you here. Media is all about what interest people. It is about business. When we begin to campaign for local consumption of our own local product just the way american society did, we will also get there and likewise funds is also a vital factor. How much are you willing to pay for a subscriptions which will in turn be used to financed a world class production. Africa economy model currently does not support such capacity for now. But we can actually get there if government determine.. Egypt, Ethiopia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Nigeria and Ghana all have their Kalashnikov(ak47) company. Though might not be as sophisticated as the one obtain from Russia yet it is commendable. I agree much works still.need to be done.

yess very true. Religion is not the sole cause but its a curse non the less. No wonder we still have people who believe In blood money.. Those good brains are like gases in container.
Kinetic theory; volume of gases is negligible when compared to the volume of the container.
Modified; That zombie recieve sense isn't addressed to you please. Just want to show our over indulgence in religion
should we stop driving car becuse of the bad road or should we stop conducting examination for student becuse of constant failure. Why dont we tackle the problem therein. There are good things this things brought too. Have you consider that. The solution to headache is not by cutting the headoff.

2 Likes

Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 01, 2019
[quote aushould=kkins25 post=74356208][/quote].

You guys should stop this nonsense about anything related to technology being a white man's thing. And if Africans like some on Naira land can speak of racial inferiority/superiority which is essentially an untestable theory,there isn't much to be said anymore. Africans, including you,should stop getting astonished by MAN'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS.Google/Wikipedia which exist because of millions of people of different races-unlike what you think- provide information but they won't give you practical wisdom ,which is priceless. "THE MORE YOU KNOW, THE MORE YOU NEED TO KNOW"
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by budaatum: 11:22pm On Jan 03, 2019
vaxx:
There are many issues that cause this issue. these are related to investments in infrastructure, education, access to funds and control of the market by the large company in the production and distribution sectors. So not on the lack of intellectual as we are really made to belive. It is wrong priority from the goverment and society at large.
That "government and society at large", us, collectively, currently lack the knowledge, vaxx, to not have "wrong priority" and create "the investments in infrastructure, education, access to funds and control of the market by the large company in the production and distribution sectors". And those with knowledge of how to create them, create them and have them. No gods from heaven gave it to those who have those things you listed. At one point they didn't have them, and now they do have them. Just as we too will some day have them when we learn to have the right priorities and learn to create them.
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by vaxx: 9:01am On Jan 04, 2019
budaatum:

That "government and society at large", us, collectively, currently lack the knowledge, vaxx, to not have "wrong priority" and create "the investments in infrastructure, education, access to funds and control of the market by the large company in the production and distribution sectors". And those with knowledge of how to create them, create them and have them. No gods from heaven gave it to those who have those things you listed. At one point they didn't have them, and now they do have them. Just as we too will some day have them when we learn to have the right priorities and learn to create them.

Basically, work for what you want and eventually things will fall into place. Nothing is going to happen if you don’t first apply yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by Amujale(m): 2:51am On Jan 25, 2019
urahara:

Egyptians were never black .that is a hard core fact

They depicted themselves as black Africans. All the accounts of the Greeks and Romans insist that their complexion is similar to other Africans.

"For all the writers who preceded the ludicrous and vicious falsifications of modern Egyptology, and the contemporaries of the ancient Egyptians (Herodotus, Aristotle, Diodorus, Strabo, and others), the Black identity of the Egyptian was an evident fact."

Herodotus states in a few passages that the Egyptians were black/dark.

According to most translations, Herodotus states that a Greek oracle was known to be from Egypt because she was "black", that the natives of the Nile region are "black with heat ", and that ancient Egyptians are "black skinned with woolly hair.

The people of the land of kemet are definitely African, a diverse community dominated by black Africans as rulers of almost all the major Dynasties.

There is no doubt in my mind that ancient Egyptians are black and African.

The present day Egyptians are part of a foreign war crusade that settle in the region of recent. They have zero relation to the people of kemet.

Egypt was the name the Europeans named the land when they took to desecration and plunder.

p/s the second Egyptian wall painting depicts the mathematical activities involved in this process of assessing agricultural activities: the measuring of fields by “rope-stretchers,” determining the sizes of harvests, and computing taxes; is of Menna, built in the period 1420–1411 BCE in the Valley of the Kings is considered a mathematical treasure by M.A.A (Mathematical Association of America).

Reference:

Frank Swetz, Mathematical Expeditions: Exploring Word Problems Across the Ages. Johns Hopkins Press, 2012.

Frank J. Swetz (The Pennsylvania State University), "Mathematical Treasure: Tomb of Menna," Convergence (April 2016)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by Amujale(m): 3:05am On Jan 25, 2019
Africa has to recover, she just has to and it starts here.

Neither the stories in the Bible or the Quaran can be seen as original and one should question the intelligence of anyone who thinks that any of their text is or suppose to represent real history.

Both books are a compilation of plagiarised and sexed-up text from Africa’s earlier civilisations.

Sacred African text is responsible for much of what is contained in the Quaran and Christian Bible; and are written to address a particular audience.

The African does not need to be taught the concept of God because it is the African that created such concept in the first place.

All the foreign religions operating in Africa have something in common, they are all a bad copy of the original African text.

In the original form, Africans depict themselves as rulers of the entire world.

The Europeans came to Africa, stole her precious stones, copied her precious text, jumbled it up and created a Jesus story to help subjugate their crazy campaigns; i.e crusades & holy wars.

The Arabs came to Africa, stole her precious stones, copied her precious text, jumbled it up and created Islam to help subjugate their crazy campaigns; i.e. crusades & holy wars.

The early Christian & Islamic crusades are considered by modern day historians to be one of the deciding factors on how broken the world is today.

Thousands of innocent people cut down at the end of the crusaders sword all in the name of Christianity or Islam.

Most of the major holy wars ever fought in history are those fought between Christianity & Islam.

Simulataneously, both these religions are credited with being a major distruption to realising the true African identity.

The bible and the quaran make false and absurd claims that upon further examination have been proven to be false. The quaran is implicated by the bible.

Most people have not actually read the entire bible.

Something I’ve read in its entirety at least more than once and it is a fascinating book that contains various spiritual text.

That isn’t the problem with the book, the problem with the bible and the quaran is that the aurthors forgot to tell the truth and had a total disregard of time & chronology.

And buttered the original sacred text with erroneous and viscious insinuations that is meant to discriminate against the original authors.

It has been proven that neither the bible nor the quaran can lay serious claim to originality.

In my opinion and that of many reputable African historians, much of the genesis chapter has hopelessly been copied (sometimes word-for-word) from Kemet (ancient Egyptian) mythology.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by Amujale(m): 3:05am On Jan 25, 2019
The global world is broken and needs fixing. The only thing on our planet that can come close enough to finding a cure for the entire global world’s problems is the spirituality according to an African.

That is to say, the narative has changed. There’s need for us to stop looking outwards for nothingingness. All the answers of the world’s problems are in our dormain one way or the other.

You and I are the answer, collectively, it is our kind and territory that holds all the answers to the worlds problems.

There is no people(s) outside of Africa (Diaspora) that really wishes Africans any good, all they are really after are our minerals.

The best thing about our Great continent is widely considered her trickiest among her many great qualities; natural resources.

Our Great continent is the oldest and as a result, the richest on the planet.

Let’s re-write history for the sake of the coming generation. The ones we keep passing-the-buck to, they are going to need a good start, or a concept to develop.

Here’s is what’s proposed:

The African Dream.

What is the African dream?

The African dream is the narrative that stands on the assumption that the rest of the world is crazed with lust for materialistic things and has neglected what really matters, our relationship with (the African) God(s).

Furthermore, it’s us Africans that will eventually have to come to the rescue of the rest of the world.

In this scenario, all organised religions operating in the African continent will eventually lose out to this new way of thinking. A pan - African progressive narrative that anywhere in the world Africans can relate to, work towards and rally around.

The African Dream

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by Amujale(m): 4:19am On Jan 25, 2019
budaatum:

What was "the then world"? Did Egypt rule China? Did Egypt rule India? Did Egypt rule Europe? Or are you claiming those thriving places which Egypt traded with even, were not part of your "then world"?

According to present day historical facts, when ancient Egypt that built the pyramids ruled the world (super continent), humanity hadn’t begun to colonize anywhere else. There was no humans living in the areas of the Americas, Europe, Asia or Australasia.

All the early civilisations of the world all occurred within the super continent. The super continent is said to comprise of modern day Africa and parts of the Middle East.

At the heights of their civilisation, ancient Egypt (Kemet) rule over all of the super continent except the people of what is now modern day Sudan (Eurocentrics writers have ill-judgingly chose to call them Kush) at times, as these are one of Africa’s most celebrated military; internationally renowned for their impossible accuracy with the long bow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by Amujale(m): 5:09am On Jan 25, 2019
The African Dream.

What is the African dream?

The African dream is the narrative that stands on the assumption that the rest of the world is crazed with lust for materialistic things and has neglected what really matters, our relationship with (the African) God(s).

Furthermore, it’s us Africans that will eventually have to come to the rescue of the rest of the world.
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by Goel: 7:03am On Jan 25, 2019
Amujale:

According to present day historical facts, when ancient Egypt that built the pyramids ruled the world (super continent), humanity hadn’t begun to colonize anywhere else. There was no humans living in the areas of the Americas, Europe, Asia or Australasia.
Humans didn't exist when super continent was there. From where do you get your "facts"?

Earliest proper civilizations were Indus valley civilization (now in India & Pakistan), then, Egypt & Iran and later Indian and Chinese civilizations had their foundations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by budaatum: 12:30pm On Jan 25, 2019
Amujale:

First, what do you mean by "super continent" ? Is it anything like the "then world" of frosbel2?

The evidence suggests the continents of Europe, Asia and Australasia were populated when Egypt was building its pyramids. There were people in China, Arabia and India too

And Egypt never ruled the world! No nation has ever ruled the world. In fact, no nation (or people, if you may) has ever ruled Africa, or even Europe! I just wonder where you get your history from.

2 Likes

Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by hopefulLandlord: 2:47pm On Jan 25, 2019
vaxx:
With this kind of mentality, africa will be stagnant or perhaps reversed back. Africa is not in anyway backward compare to the rest of the world, and stop reading that propaganda literature that is making you having a myopic veiw.

In actuality, africa might not have attain what the west we call a developed society but she is catching up fast and may soon overtake the west. Though much need to be done.

Currently, the west is jealous of the new social technology innovation in africa ( called mobile money ). They have invested so much into traditional banking , that they cannot adopt the system for now, as it will have a drastic effect on their economy. Ghana, kenya, Uganda are raking in and adding a lot of billons of dollars to their economy thru this new technology.

Do you even know one of the Pioneer of fiber optic cable(your reasons for the fast internet speed) is a Ghanaian...""Thomas mensah"" There are progressive minds in africa, must of us here have a working idea of how to move the country forward. We only need progressive mind alikes to put us there, and africa shall work.

I'm disappointed that you said a lot here without really saying anything cogent

Africa is NOT "catching up fast" with the west. not even close. Africa is in reality falling behind the more and the signs are that She'll continue to fall behind. Its easy to mention "Mobile Money" and "Mensah" but if you're honest with yourself and list the technologies developed and are being developed by western/eastern people or in the western/eastern world it would make that of Africans totally insignificant. Even most of these fee "technologies" developed by "Africans" are done outside it by Africans who mingled with the "whites" case in point is Mensah who at a young age mingled with the French, spoke their language, learnt it due to his father's business connection with the French. Got a PHd from university of Montpellier in France and took a course at MIT. 99.99999% of Africans can never have this opportunity in their lifetime even if they have bigger talent and ideas. there's no enabling environment. Africans school and get shitty education with ancient curriculum by old peoole. Africans focus on survival first and everything else comes later
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by UyiIredia(m): 3:57pm On Jan 25, 2019
frosbel2:
Before the Europeans and Arabs came with their religions, there was nothing like sexual perversion in African culture. Women were bare breasted and yet the cases of rape and infidelity were very low. Women married early , bore children and multiplied the black family while the man worked hard to earn a living for his family as well as providing protection. There was nothing like women waiting till their late 20s or 30s to get married or men marrying at 40 or 50 years of age.

It was only after the introduction of these religions that the African mind became polluted with sexual deviance and all manner of sexual exploitation. Women started to marry later and the incidence of sexual perversion rapidly multiplied.

Why is it that a religion that professes to be superior has managed to introduce a lower moral standard into a culture that once practiced higher morals with high respect for the female ?

Point taken.

Personally, I have resolved myself to the fact that just as some people are born to strongly identify with atheism, or deism, some will be theists and hence strongly identify with a religion. Some people cannot even function without it.

If you believe in God, or for atheists the cosmos, understand that it is infinitely vast and get this clear: though humans share a mind we all think differently and approach reality from different points of view like the 7 blind men and the elephant.

As for immorality, it was always there. Even plentiful in ancient Biblical times if you studied it carefully. It's more obvious in the present due to technological changes in our society and socially liberal views many Nigerians quietly hold to or adamantly follow.
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by UyiIredia(m): 4:02pm On Jan 25, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

Africa is NOT "catching up fast" with the west. not even close. Africa is in reality falling behind the more and the signs are that She'll continue to fall behind. Its easy to mention "Mobile Money" and "Mensah" but if you're honest with yourself and list the technologies developed and are being developed by western/eastern people or in the western/eastern world it would make that of Africans totally insignificant. Even most of these fee "technologies" developed by "Africans" are done outside it by Africans who mingled with the "whites" case in point is Mensah who at a young age mingled with the French, spoke their language, learnt it due to his father's business connection with the French. Got a PHd from university of Montpellier in France and took a course at MIT. 99.99999% of Africans can never have this opportunity in their lifetime even if they have bigger talent and ideas. there's no enabling environment. Africans school and get shitty education with ancient curriculum by old peoole. Africans focus on survival first and everything else comes later

Pessimistic people like you kill the enabling environment.
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by hopefulLandlord: 4:18pm On Jan 25, 2019
UyiIredia:

Pessimistic people like you kill the enabling environment.
I'd call myself a realist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by vaxx: 6:21pm On Jan 25, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

Then you are personally biased on the subject then. maybe too much Hollywood is the reasons.

Africa is NOT "catching up fast" with the west. not even close. Africa is in reality falling behind the more and the signs are that She'll continue to fall behind. Its easy to mention "Mobile Money" and "Mensah" but if you're honest with yourself and list the technologies developed and are being developed by western/eastern people or in the western/eastern world it would make that of Africans totally insignificant.
To answer this on a more deeper level, some African countries are better in some departments than their western counterparts. Case in point is the banking infrastructure of South Africa, versus that of England. In my view, the banking infrastructure in South Africa is much better than in England, and I base my experience on London. Which I assume would have the best banking infrastructure in England, probably even better than most European countries.

Even most of these fee "technologies" developed by "Africans" are done outside it by Africans who mingled with the "whites" case in point is Mensah who at a young age mingled with the French, spoke their language, learnt it due to his father's business connection with the French. Got a PHd from university of Montpellier in France and took a course at MIT.
ideas and initiative can be gotten from anywhere. what is most important, it is the uses and deployment. many african elites that study abroad came and implement their knolwedge back home (This case can be seen in nigeria) so many innovative idea you see on the street of lagos was adopted abroad. though not enough but it is commendable. there was a time american (Obama) was discussing on how to adopt German education system. it is proven to be much rigourous to theirs. nothing stop anybody from adopting or learning what is good from one another. mensah had his first degree in Ghana local university. that was his gateway to any further education he received abroad. if this wasn't sound enough, he will not have climb that ladder he is presently..

99.99999% of Africans can never have this opportunity in their lifetime even if they have bigger talent and ideas. there's no enabling environment. Africans school and get shitty education with ancient curriculum by old peoole. Africans focus on survival first and everything else comes later
This to some extent i agree, NO much enabling enviroment, and in particular, education is not much of our priority. but some African country are doing well and deserve some accolade. The Europeans and developed world in general need a source of material and might be sabotaging Africa. because africa will be an Industrialized competitor if developed. Meanwhile, the Asian Tigers passed Africa by and may soon surpass the European countries. Africa will develop after learning from the Asians what the Europeans didn't want Africa to learn .
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by Amujale(m): 10:22pm On Jan 25, 2019
Goel:

Humans didn't exist when super continent was there. From where do you get your "facts"?

Earliest proper civilizations were Indus valley civilization (now in India & Pakistan), then, Egypt & Iran and later Indian and Chinese civilizations had their foundations

From where do YOU get your facts?

I regard myself an authority on African history; most of my adult life is dedicated to uncovering these truths.

The line from which all my FACTS are derived are from present day African scholars.

Firstly, much of what is taught in our curriculum isn’t fit for purpose.

If you study much of our various scholars (African scholars) like Djiop, Clarke, Ivan Sertima e.t.c. you get the sense that there’s is much more to African history than popularly known.

For instance, it is a universal fact that humanity began in Africa.

According to history (real history that is) there was a point in time when the only humans that lived on our planet had residence in Africa.

These are not mere assertions, they are proven facts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Reverend Father (catholic Priest) With A Son / The True Power Of God - The Power Of Love / God And Shoes....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.