Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

His Will, My Will - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / His Will, My Will (8077 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 3:07pm On Dec 28, 2018
i posted this story few months ago on facebook and I've decided to share it here so sit back and enjoy; meanwhile, you can check my blog for fast updates www.zibahstories.

CHAPTER ONE
My heart shivered when I saw him glance at me shortly and then he smiled. The smile lingered briefly on his face before he turned to the sales manager. I couldn't get to return his small smile because he quickly turned and that small smile was enough to make me joyful for the day. My heart adjusted its slow beatings to a fast one and was glad as I went about preparing the stock reconciliation that the sales manager had given me to do.

“Sara?”

No one needed to tell me that that was my harsh sales manager calling. I was not surprised when I saw the frown on her already wrinkled face. Even the makeup she had on was out of place as the foundation on her face was way too heavy. I often wondered why ladies could not just look natural or perhaps wear something light like me. But Teni would say “they are not as beautiful as you are now”.

“Why are you disturbing the whole mall with your voice?”

The frown extended longer on her caked face as I rolled my eyes. For Gods sakes I was singing aloud neither was I intimidating anyone with my voice. Although I'm a chorister in church and I needed to exercise my voice chords daily and why would she just exaggerate all because she obviously hates me.

“Excuse me, ma?”

I wanted her to repeat what she said so I could give her the answer she deserved but she just rapidly fluttered her artificial lashes and a small hiss escaped from her glossy mouth.

“Mr. Edgar says you should come to his office…."

Her frown deepened when she saw me smile shyly like I had won a lottery. She eyed me and added:

“When you’re done with your work”

The dance my heart was doing before she added the last sentence collapsed my heart briefly as I watched her walk away. Obviously, I wasn't going to finish the stock reconciliation before 12 pm, and definitely he would have left the mall before then, of course, he had several other businesses to tend to and The United Mall was one of the biggest malls in Nigeria. Teni’s face flashed briefly in my mind,
She would be willing to help but not without a bribe of course. I quickly found my way to the front desk but I didn’t see her. My mind would be in turmoil if I didn’t see her before the mall officially opens by 8:am, then my chance of seeing him would be thwarted.

“Chioma, abeg where Teni go?”

I asked a colleague of mine at the front desk.

“Check upstairs now,”

I sighed, where would I find her, in a big mall that has about 4 story buildings

“Sara”
I would remember that voice from anywhere of course!

“Teni! Where have you been now?”

I was also puzzled at the question I asked when of course I knew she had been in the mall.

“What, have been in the mall…what is it”

She rolled her eyes at me and I perceived she knew I wanted to ask for a favour, she stood at akimbo and twisted her mouth.

“Well you know what to do now…this time around you will do my shift on Saturday”

I frowned at the idea but I really needed to see him so I just dumped the documents I was with into Teni’s waiting arms as I rushed quickly to the elevator.
I waited patiently as his secretary punched his number into the intercom. I relaxed at least am here already but my small heart wouldn’t stop beating aloud at a point, I wondered if it was beating too loud to the point that the secretary kept stealing glances at me.

“Well, you can go….”

I didn't wait for her to complete her statement before I walked past her. I smoothened my braids and quickly rubbed my face in case if it was oily. I knocked on the well furnished door and I immediately heard him say “come in”.
My palms were sweaty as I quickly rubbed them on the jeans trouser I had on. His brown round face brightened as I entered. I smiled at him and sat across him while he cleared his throat and fixed his oval eyes on me.

“Black beauty, how are you”?

That is what he normally calls me, and I am happy about that. Yes! That is how close we are. He is the owner of the mall although managed by his late wife. He had first gone through trauma during the first few years his wife died. He had met me at the storeroom singing and since then he had taken interest in me.

"Good morning sir I am doing fine sir"

I rubbed my sweaty palms together to ease my tension. Sometimes I wondered why I have started feeling this way for the past 3 months of meeting him, I wondered if he also felt the same way.

"So, how are daddy and mummy"?

He did the side smile he normally does when we talk and that makes me think if he is actually seducing me.

“They are doing fine sir, and how are Tobi and Kendra? Have you been hearing from them?”

“Oh yea, spoke with them yesterday”

“Oo-oh okay, that’s good”.

I averted his gaze as I looked down at my black loafers.

“…well, I don’t know if we can meet on Sunday morning…would you be free?”

I shifted a bit on the chair, although I wasn't comfortable with the timing because I would definitely be in church anything for him of course!

“Ah –yes. I would be free”

He smiled at me and wanted to say something before his phone rang. Then he scribbled down something on a plain paper and handed it over to me.

‘Number 2, shalom guest house: 7:45 am'

I nodded at him and left him still talking on the phone. I quickly folded the paper as soon as the elevator opened to the ground floor. Raising up my head, only to meet a cold stare of disgust on the sales manager’s face. I knew she was already fuming about what I did earlier, I made to pass her but she held me by the arm and spoke through clenched teeth.

“When next I give you something to do….don’t you ever give it to someone else you get!!”
I was startled by her outburst. I wanted to say something to her at least to defend myself, after all, I have rights too but she dropped my arm and walked away. I quickly cleaned my cheeks from the unseen saliva she might have unknowingly spat on my face as I eyed her retreating back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Will, My Will by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 28, 2018
Following

2 Likes

Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 5:51pm On Dec 28, 2018
His will, My will

CHAPTER TWO
“Are you not going to church?”
I glanced at my mum briefly before shaking my head. I knew she wanted to throw another question but I quickly focused on the eyebrow I was carving. Then I quickly applied my Milani brown powder and applied a red gloss on my lips.
“Why?”
She sat at the edge of my bed as she adjusted her headgear.

“Has dad gone?”
She nodded and kept on looking at me for more answers. I knew dad would have gone because he was an elder in the church.

“Well, my Boss wants to see me?”
“Your boss Mr. Edgar.....what for? And why does he see you only on Sundays?”
I sighed; I was obviously tired of my mum’s questions. This was not the first time he had asked to see me on Sundays so why was mum making a big deal out of it.
“Mum, probably he wants to give me something or help him do something
Before he goes back to Canada after all, this is the first time this month he has asked to see me”.
I watched mum’s face change to that of disgust
“What does a man who is obviously in his late 40s want to do with his sales attendant”?
That question threw me off balance as my countenance changed. I was so angry with mum. I mean, I know that am a sales attendant but I didn’t want anyone telling me that to my face. For God sakes am a graduate of food technology at Bayero University Kano. If not for the situation of the country I should have been working in NAFDAC or probably own one food processing industry but life wasn't fair at all. I put my purse in my handbag and moved towards the door.

“Mum, you don’t know who can help me and when they would”
I pursed to see her reaction as she nodded at me and released her frowned face. She stood up, taking her bag with her as she moved toward the door too.

“…that’s true. But I hope you’ve asked God about him”?
I tried to force a smile as I left the house with the question still on my mind. It's been days since I spoke to God because whenever it is my prayer time, it's either i'm making calls or I'm sleeping. I flagged down a motorcyclist as I put it at the back of my mind to have a quiet time with God when am back.

“Hey, come in have you been here for long?”
He held my right hand slowly pulling me inside his suite. The suite was new to me as this one was way bigger than the other one I normally meet him at. I sat on the soft sofa and he sat beside me staring at me, obviously staring at the blue floral knee length dress I wore. He breathed sharply as he stared at my cleavage. I actually took my time in choosing this particular dress. He quickly stood up and went close to the intercom.
“So what would you like to eat Sara?”
“Nothing sir, am okay”
I giggled when he shook his head, I knew he wouldn’t want to hear that so I quickly added
“Jollof rice will do”
He smiled at me giving me a boyish grin that made him look cuter as he spoke back into the receiver. The yellow t-shirt he wore exposed his biceps and the fact that he had no hair on his head and no beards made him look more like a young boy in his 20s. He winked at me as he began to move towards me. I felt he looked too tall for his age but that was a plus for me because I was also as tall as him, I wish he would just take me in his broad arms and make me forget that the world ever existed.
“Sara….are you okay?”
I quickly blinked back to the present as I saw a waiter dropping a tray filled with food on the center table. My cheeks and armpit grew hot with embarrassment, have I been daydreaming for that long? Lord have mercy! I saw him smile again before taking his seat by my side and opening our food.
“Am fine…fine sir”
He rolled his eyes as he gestured towards me to start eating. I was sad maybe he didn’t have feelings for me or perhaps he was toying with my feelings. I sighed feeling ashamed of myself as I ate the food slowly.
"What's wrong? Is the food salty or is it too hot?

I suddenly got choked and started coughing, he quickly handed me the glass of water as he patted my back slowly. I felt relieved immediately not because of the water I took to ease the choking but because of the feel of his hand against my skin the only barrier was the silky gown I had on. God forgive me if something happens right now because I wasn't sure if I was myself anymore. He was
also fixated to one spot as he kept on staring at me with partly open eyelids. I wanted to pull his other hand towards my body but he quickly shook his head and stood up muttering
“No...”
I was embarrassed again all in one day. I was sad as my conscience started pricking me. A chorister in church for that matter, and I claim to have a relationship with God. I picked up my spoon to continue eating as my conscience pricked me again. I had worn that blue floral dress for a reason and that was simply to look sexy to him. I sighed again, my life is so full of sin I hope the Lord forgives me.

“Am sorry”.
I heard him say as he cleared his throat and sat across me. I couldn’t raise my head as I continued eating.
I was mad at him for not been firm enough to handle simple issues perhaps he wasn't drawn to me as I thought. I was also mad at myself for going this far with him, maybe if I had respected myself and not have fallen for a 48-year-old widower with two kids I wouldn't have been in this place I thought as I heard him clear his throat again.

“Ehmm… have wanted to suggest this to you but I didn’t know how you were going to take it”.
I looked up to give him a go ahead as he rubbed his large palms together.
“Well, I own an African kitchen abroad as well as an eatery too
And since my wife died, it hasn’t been well managed. And I got to find out you
Read food tech in school, so I don’t know if you would love to manage it for me please”?
I looked up slowly to meet his gaze for the first time since the last awkward event that happened between us 20 minutes ago. I wasn’t sure if I really heard him well, it was too good to be true, was my prayer really answered? Was God opening an international door for me? I couldn’t believe my ears as I opened my mouth in surprise.
“I ….don’t know but I don’t have a…”
“Shhh...You don't have to worry about Sara, your passport and visa would be processed, and I promise to pay you a reasonable income and to provide comfortable accommodation for you".

He quickly added as he pleaded with me with his eyes. This was a beautiful offer who wouldn’t want to live and work in Canada. This was like a dream come true as my eyes brightened the more.
“Or do you want to go home and consider it”
I shook my head in excitement. Who would want to go home and consider this kind of offer, even my parents would be mad with joy when they hear this.
“Yes….yes sir. I would love to work for you abroad”
He suddenly broke into a smile and hugged me tightly before releasing me gently and muttered a quick apology. That was when I realized he loved me. Even his eyes betrayed him as he quickly looked away and shoved his hands in his pocket.
“Am sure your parents will be glad…”
I nodded as I continued picturing myself already in a plane going to Canada,
“So I would tell you all you would need for your visa interview because I have some few friends at the Canadian embassy, so when your interview is fixed, I would let you know during the week. So that latest by next week you should be saying your goodbyes to Nigeria”
He dug his hand into his wallet and brought some wads of new naira notes. Sometimes I wondered if the bank specifically gives him new naira notes. He didn’t count it, he just pushed it into my hand as I smiled back at him in appreciation. He walked me to the door and whispered into my ears
“Please let me know when you get home”
His warm breath sent a chill down my spine but I didn’t react so as not to embarrass myself. I waved at him as I left the guest house
Re: His Will, My Will by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 28, 2018
Pls continue, the story dey sweet me grin
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 5:27pm On Dec 29, 2018
His will, my will

CHAPTER THREE
I could still hear dad singing a victorious song as I lay on my bed scrolling through my phone. Dad had jumped up when I told them the news. And mum had rolled on the floor muttering “ese baba” in our local dialect. And dad had instructed mum not to inform anyone yet not even our relatives until am abroad. I opened my WhatsApp messages and found out that Teni had sent an offline message. I was still contemplating on gisting her about Mr. Edgar's offer when mum entered my room.

“Sara”
I quickly sat up as she sat on my bed. I wondered what she wanted to say this time.
“Yes mum”
“As much as I want this offer for you, I wouldn’t want you to go”…
I paused as I gazed at the woman I share semblance with and I began to doubt for the first time in my 25 years of existence if she really birthed me. She tried touching my arm but I flinched. As if she got my message, she kept her hand to herself.
“…why?”
I knew she could sense anger in my question so she quickly spoke up.
“Daughter, I always want the best for you….you don’t know this man well enough and…I mean what if something goes wrong while you are there. And besides my spirit has been troubled ever since u mentioned this trip.”
I was mad at mum. What does she mean by having a troubled spirit?
"You are just not happy for me. mum"

She cringed as she tried to touch my shoulders but dropped her hand again.
“My angel, please don’t say that. Your happiness is my happiness….i”
I shook my head firmly, rejecting what she just said as I cut her short
“I don’t think so, you are not happy for me”.
I propped my pillow against the bed and leaned on it for support I tried to block out mum's presence.

“….may God be with you in whatever you will be doing but please still
Speak to God concerning this okay?”
“He already gave me a go ahead!”
I shot back at her, as I bit my tongue for the lie I just said. I wanted her to leave my room and I didn’t want her to talk me out of the offer as I tried to draw up my legs to the bed. She stood up and nodded at me and smiled.
“Sara, I love you and would always want the best for you…just make sure you ask for anything when you need it….goodnight”
She smiled again before shutting the door. I sighed, I won’t possibly need anything from her or dad because she’s a civil servant and dad was retired. I was sure she knew I wouldn’t bother her, at least I have some savings and I still have the 20 thousand naira Mr. Edgar had given me earlier. I smiled to myself God himself opened this door of opportunity for me and I wouldn't be so stupid to avoid it.

‘Not every open door is opened by God’
My heart hammered as I heard that in my mind. I blinked back in fear. Could that be God speaking or my mind? As I continued scrolling through my phone. At least whenever God speaks to me it was either in a dream, or a trance or when am reading his word. But I have never heard him speak audibly to me before. And besides, it could be the devil toying with my mind because of what mum had just said. I quickly tossed my phone under the pillow as I forced myself to sleep. I didn’t want to hear discouraging ideas in my head as my thought got flooded with Mr. Edgar's face. This time around, we were holding ourselves like lovers only that the environment was different. It looked like Canada!

ONE WEEK LATER……
I took one last look at the new hair I just made before leaving the mirror stand. I had bought an 8inch human hair and it gave me this black American look. I was set, and everything was ready. Mr. Edgar had helped me get my passport and in no time my visa was granted. I had gone back to the mall to tender an official resignation letter to make it official according to what Mr. Edgar and told me to. My sales manager was red with anger when she heard I was traveling out of the country, she had said; "not everyone who goes abroad becomes successful".

Teni had told me to ignore her. Even some of the choristers had been jealous when I made the announcement. My phone rang out as I snapped out of my thoughts.
“Sara?”
I didn’t need a soothsayer to tell me it was my choirmaster.
“Brother Denrele…..Good evening sir”
I heard him give a short laugh as he spoke back
“When would you drop this brother and sir you
Always add to my name”
I chuckled back, not that it was funny but I just wanted to ease his tension. He had asked me out twice and I had shoved his love back in his face. Not that he wasn’t cute or spiritual, but I wanted more. I wanted someone that wasn't too soft on me, someone who loves me but isn't too attached to me, and most essentially someone who wasn't too broke like me. Teni had told me I was too complicated when I told her about him. But obviously, he was still pretty hung up on me.

“Heard you are going abroad?”
I almost snapped at him before I remembered he wasn’t around when I made the big announcement.
“Well…yea?”
“Wow, that’s a big one. Congrats, but have you asked God about it yet”?
I was irritated by his question as he was beginning to sound like mum.
“Do you think I would embark on this kind of journey if God wasn’t involved?”
I snapped at him. I heard him quickly mutter an apology and then he paused a while before he spoke up
“I don’t want you to take this the wrong way Sara…..i really do love you but
I just have to tell you what God said….God said he didn’t open this door of opportunity”
“Excuse me?”
"Am sorry Sara, but that was what the Lord told me. It's not yet time for you to go to Canada. I know this isn't easy for you to understand but God has been speaking to me for 3 days now since I officially heard it from one of the choristers. God had revealed it to me. Please try and believe me"

I was done listening to the likes of mum. I was furious with them all, my flight would be this night and I wouldn't want anyone scattering my plans. I hissed and cut the call. I didn't even want him to finish talking as I quickly wrote down the important number I would need and switched off my phone. After tonight I would need a new phone because I would be starting a new life. I thought as I lay on the bed to catch a sleep before my flight at 7:30 pm.
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 5:28pm On Dec 29, 2018
LightQueen:
Pls continue, the story dey sweet me grin

lol thanks!
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 5:32pm On Dec 29, 2018
what do you think about Sara?
Re: His Will, My Will by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 29, 2018
joromi36:
what do you think about Sara?

I think her mum and Denrele are kinda right

Make she no go regret her decision later when she finally settled down there. More of pain and regrets later on I guess

Desperation on her part? I can't say
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 1:52pm On Dec 30, 2018
Happy Sunday guyz!!

meanwhile this chapter is dedicated to LightQueen

Ghost workers please don't hesitate to say something plssss

CHAPTER FOUR
I took a sip out of the coffee my secretary had gotten for me this morning. The coffee had a creamy taste, it burnt my tongue as I took a sip. I wrapped my manicured nails around the cup as I went around inspecting the workers in the kitchen.
“Morning ma”
I turned my head towards the workers who were busy baking and cooking. I nodded at some of the black women and smiled at some of the white chefs. I breathed a sigh of relief as soon as I mounted the elevator to my office. The eatery was just another version of the mall he has in Nigeria. Only that it has about 2 story buildings, and the office of the general manager which was my own office was on the last story. I took another sip as I looked through the window, after 6 months of been in Canada, I had thought something bad would happen to me since mum and Denrele were having troubled spirits. I had even sent my parents money, and I had saved some. I earned #150,000 naira as my monthly income in dollars and it was okay for me because I lived with Edgar. I didn't spend on food or shelter
or clothes as all of it was taken care of by Edgar. Yes, I have been living with him since I came to Canada and we only started living as husband and wife only last month. We live in a beautiful duplex in Toronto. But what baffled me most was that he never went to church and I've never seen his children since I came.

I felt queasy, as I quickly went to the washroom to throw up, all the chocolate doughnut and creamy coffee I ate all rushed out of my mouth as I rinsed my mouth and dabbed my face with a hand towel. I felt tired as I touched my flat stomach and suddenly widened my eyes. I hope I wasn't pregnant as I have been throwing up like this for close to 2 weeks now. I rushed back into the office as I picked my car keys and called my secretary to tell her I was closing for the day. I glanced at my wristwatch as it read 12:25 pm. I didn't know if Edgar would be at home as he might still be at the hospital. I needed to go home as I feared the reality of been pregnant without been married. I quickly started the car Edgar had given me and drove off.

“Who are you?”
I froze, tongue-tied, Staring at the black teenage girl with loose curls. She stared at me with hatred and my guts shook. I mean I just drove home and I found the door opened with a mysterious brown teenage girl standing on the front porch. I wondered who had given her the right to enter the compound in the first place. We both looked up when we saw Edgar standing with another brown teenage boy. It was then it dawned on me the semblance between the trio. They were his kids and he hadn’t told them about me.
“Dad, who is she!”
Edgar’s smile faded as he stared hard at me, I had never seen him look this way at me before. I swallowed as I thought this was really going to be hard as I started having a banging headache. I felt too weak to the bones as I quickly rushed into the house leaving them at the door post. But I heard the other teenage boy say something like;
“Come on Kendra lets go”
“Can’t you see that lady’s got…..”
As I got into the room I shared with Edgar, I couldn’t hear them again, I pulled my short yellow gown and grunted inwardly. No wonder the girl had looked at me with hatred, I was putting on her mother's cloth. Edgar had given them to me that he had bought them for his wife and he would really love them on me. Now I had spoilt my chance of being a stepmother. I hissed and dropped the gown, as I went to the bathroom to have a shower. On coming out I met Edgar’s questioning gaze.
“What?”
I towelled my body and wore a loose blouse and shorts.
“Haven’t I told you to always call me when you are about to leave work?”
I stared at him, what and where was he getting at? Was he not supposed to apologize for not introducing his children to me or vice versa?
“Am talking to you!”
I nearly jumped out of my skin as he raised his voice at me. Something he has never done before. I suddenly felt ashamed of myself, for warming his bed and shamelessly sharing his room and the worse is, getting pregnant for him and he is yet to get married to me. My throat suddenly got clogged as I started crying. His icy cold eyes melted as he saw me crying and he cuddled me.

"All right, am sorry okay? It's just that you weren't supposed to meet

My kids that way, I haven’t even told them about you yet. But am sorry
I will make sure I do that okay?”
I smiled amidst my tears. As he began to kiss me, I felt loved again. This was all I ever wanted.
“Ain’t you going back to the hospital…?”
I rushed my sentence as I moaned at the pleasure he was giving me at the moment. He slipped down his trousers as his hands touched my breast. His mouth never leaving mine as he turned me on my back and raised me up against the wall, then he held my slim frame with one hand and kept another hand pressed against the wall as he pressed his manliness against the folds of my womanliness he began thrusting repeatedly until we both climaxed. He collapsed on the bed and I lay by his side and whispered to him.

“I love you”
He smiled, as he kissed my forehead and began to put on his clothes to go back to work.

“I don’t know Ed, but I feel am pregnant”
He cringed when he heard the last word and then he smiled and shook his head.
"No, you can't be pregnant"

I shook my head in disbelief. Was this the man that finished making love to me a while ago? Why was he acting like this?
“What do you mean I can’t be pregnant? Do you think am a barren woman?”
He wore his shirt and sat close to me, as he drew my naked body to himself.
“I mean you don’t look pregnant Sara…okay, you know what? Why don’t you come
Over to the hospital”
“But you are a gynecologist, is it so hard for you to know?”
He paused for a while and held my pale hands and checked my eyes, he told me to lie flat on the bed as he touched my flat stomach and asked if I was feeling pain and I told him no.
“When last did you see your period?”
“Last month”
“Okay, so have you been throwing up, feeling dizzy, spitting?”
“Well have only been throwing up mostly when I take coffee and doughnut in the mornings on an empty stomach”
He smiled and stood up rolling his sleeves.
“Sara, you are not pregnant. Probably you are just allergic to taking coffees and doughnut in the mornings, but I will get you some drugs I promise okay?”
I nodded at him, relieved I wasn't pregnant. He kissed me goodbye and left. I knew I needed to get married to him fast as my visa expires next year. He is a Canadian citizen and getting married to him, would automatically make me a citizen. I smiled dreamily thinking about the future with Ed with children running around us.
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 1:52pm On Dec 30, 2018
LightQueen:
I think her mum and Denrele are kinda right

Make she no go regret her decision later when she finally settled down there. More of pain and regrets later on I guess

Desperation on her part? I can't say

abi oo....all these desperation to travel abroad
Re: His Will, My Will by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 30, 2018
This shows he might dump her, if really she is pregnant
@Ann2012 @Skubido @Damibiz
Thanks for the update and dedication
Re: His Will, My Will by Treasurewamiri(f): 3:51pm On Dec 30, 2018
Sara! Sara!! Sara!!! You're pregnant, those drugs he promised to get for you might be abortion pills. OP well done
Re: His Will, My Will by Ann2012(f): 4:33pm On Dec 30, 2018
I pity Sara, Ed is only using her

Thanks for the update OP
Re: His Will, My Will by Ann2012(f): 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2018
LightQueen:

@Ann2012
@Skubido
@Damibiz

Present dearie wink
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 5:04pm On Dec 31, 2018
Thanks for commenting guyz...I see u..will drop another before the new year!

CHAPTER FIVE
I woke up the next day feeling very light. I must have slept for so long because I didn’t even eat dinner. I could only remember eating some chips and juice that Ed had bought from work and I had slept till 11:00 am on a Sunday morning. I quickly dragged myself up from bed so as to try to meet up for the second service. That was when I noticed that I had nothing on but pants. I frowned as I hit my head slightly with my palms. I never took alcohol so why was I having trouble in remembering last night. I proceeded to pull off my pant, and I noticed some faint pints of blood. I hissed as I tossed it into the bin of dirty clothes at the corner of the room. Probably I was on my period, I thought as I went into the bathroom for a brief shower.
I took my silver purse as I headed downstairs with my healed sandal making a sound. All this while I hadn’t set my eyes on Ed. It was either he was on duty at the hospital, or he was somewhere downstairs. I heard the sound of the coffee machine in the kitchen and decided to check. I didn’t see Ed, but I saw an average chocolate man in my kitchen sipping out of my favorite china cup. I frowned as I saw how relaxed he was to see me, he wasn't scared he just leaned more on my cabinet and did a side smile. It was then I noticed his face, he was the cutest creature have ever seen. If a man could be called beautiful then he certainly was beautiful. He had a sexy kind of eyes that had a light brown colour. His hair was well shaved, unlike Ed's bald head. He didn't have any beard or mustache. And his broad chest fitted the blue faded shirt he wore. My heart increased its tempo as I suddenly felt shy, I

dropped my purse on the cabinet as I stood akimbo determined to ask this beautiful man out of my kitchen.
“Who are you? And what are you doing in my kitchen!”
He smiled the more, and I realized he had a dimple and I fell the more for his beautiful attributes. He should be in his early 30s or late 20s I guessed but who cares! I asked him a question and I demanded an answer but he just opened his mouth slightly and curved it into a smile and I saw his Adam's apple blob. I thought I would go crazy. I mean Ed is cute but not as cute as this guy, I narrowed my eyes at him making me look more serious. I caught his eyes raking my body, I guess he was assessing the body-hugging knee-length gown that obviously brought out my feminine attributes. He wanted to say something until I heard Ed's voice.

“Hey, Sara. I see you've met Peter"

I heard him rush his words and I wondered why. I relaxed as I directed my gaze back on peter that still had his pervert gaze on me. I rolled my eyes at him as I was determined not to make the first move of greeting him in the European way.
“Uhmm…okay peter, the basement is set”
He nodded at him and gave me a wink before walking away that was when I noticed he was slightly taller than me. I hissed and picked up my purse.
“Where are you off to?”
He kissed my forehead as he held my hand. I smiled feeling loved.
“Church”
His mood changed as he dropped my hand. I mean this was the third time I would go to church since I came. I wondered why he was having issues with it.
“I mean can’t you attend seminars, go to parties, you know”
"Sweetheart, the church service is just an hour and thirty minutes service. Besides, I don't go to church every time. So please permit me to go at least for the month"

He shrugged but his expression didn’t change.
"All right you can go"

I kissed him on the lips and turned to go.
“I would be at the basement when you come, don’t bother coming to disturb okay?”
I nodded, but come to think of it I never knew a basement existed in the house. I wanted to ask but I decided against it. as I would do my own survey later. I picked my car keys from the side table and headed out.
I walked slowly to the parking lot where I parked my car, with my mind heavy and my conscience speaking to me. The pastor had made a statement in the middle of the sermon that,
"As a young lady, you shouldn't be living in the same house with a man who hasn't married you yet"

I didn't know that white preachers also make emphasis on that, I thought the emphasis was only placed on it in Africa. I sighed, I felt dirty, I needed to speak with God, and I need to come back to my relationship with Christ. I need to also speak to Ed to get married to me on time so as to stop this guilty feeling. Probably if I had listened to Ed I should have just stayed at home, another part of my mind said.

I looked up as I wanted to enter the car, only to meet my only Nigerian friend in the whole of Canada.

“Rose, how are you”
I shut my door as I gave her a hug, with her protruding stomach making it almost impossible for me to squeeze her.
“Am fine Sara. You look pale”
“Really? But am fine”
She looked at me for a while before saying
“Okay”
“When are you due?”
We’ve only met a few times and we’ve gotten really close. She had come to visit me just once at the house and since then Ed had warned me not to associate with her. But I didn’t let him know we meet secretly. At times in her house or the beach. She is happily married to a white man and they've had 2 children. I envied her because she is a nurse, her husband is a wealthy businessman and she is happily married. I wished, Ed would propose to me at least.

“Early January…..and I want to see your wedding invitation by then.”
I smiled and wished so.

“Aye captain!”
I did a salute to her and we kept on laughing.
“Make sure you come to visit soon Sara, my children have missed you”
She said as she got into her car. I waved at her as her driver drove off. I missed her children as well especially her chubby daughter. One day I would be as happy as she is, I said with a sign of hope. As I drove off.
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 5:05pm On Dec 31, 2018
Treasurewamiri:
Sara! Sara!! Sara!!! You're pregnant, those drugs he promised to get for you might be abortion pills. OP well done

Thanks!!!
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 5:06pm On Dec 31, 2018
Ann2012:
I pity Sara, Ed is only using her
Thanks for the update OP

I'm glad u enjoyed it!
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 5:10pm On Dec 31, 2018
LightQueen:

@Ann2012
@Skubido
@Damibiz

thank you wink
Re: His Will, My Will by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 31, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: His Will, My Will by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 31, 2018
joromi36:

thank you wink
You're welcome
Re: His Will, My Will by Ann2012(f): 5:34pm On Dec 31, 2018
Sara....wise up before it's too late

Thanks for the update
Re: His Will, My Will by Ann2012(f): 5:35pm On Dec 31, 2018
cool
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 2:07pm On Jan 01, 2019
CHAPTER SIX
My eyes lit when I saw him walk into my office. I had thought it was another Mr. Peter that asked to see me I never knew it was Mr beautiful.
“Nice view up here”
I eyed him slowly as I watched him turn away from the window and moved towards me.
“Mr Peter? Sorry, why are you here?"

He smiled and went over to sit on one of the armchairs. I was furious, I mean what effrontery! How could he just sit like he owned the office?

“Did my husband send you to me?”
His suddenly stopped smiling and sat up
“Husband? Ed didn’t tell me he was married and besides can’t I come and pay an angel a visit?”
I was angry. Angry at Ed for not wedding me on time, angry at myself for warming a man’s bed who doesn’t even acknowledge me as his wife, and angry at this man for indirectly insulting me.
“Am sorry…I mean, I shouldn’t have said that”
I was still mad,
“Wait, what do you take me for? A LovePeddler...and why would you pay me a visit”
Somehow he knew I was mad, he quickly stood up and tried to hold my hands.
“I mean no harm Sara, I just wanted to be your friend. Have seen you a couple of times with Ed and I felt there was no harm in trying to associate with you. Am an architect as well as a writer, I just wanted to know...”
He rolled up the sleeves of the black body hug he had on. It really did justice to bringing out his muscles. I found it hard to concentrate even though he had extended a hand of friendship towards me, I felt I needed to be a bit hard on him.
“Get out!”
I said almost silently but hard. He rubbed his palms on his jeans as he took his car key and phone off my table and walked towards the door. My heart almost divided as I thought he wasn’t going to say anything but he turned and spoke to me.
“Sara, I mean no harm”
I sneered at him as he shut the door. I exhaled, it was as if I was formerly tensed and as soon as he left I got relieved. I wondered why he wanted to be my friend and he knows am his friend’s fiancé. I needed to speak with Ed, he needs to save me from this marriage embarrassment.
2 MONTHS LATER…..
“So how is your boss?”
“He is fine mom, I hope you've taken your drugs”
I heard her stiffen a yawn as she spoke back
"Yes, my dear. Are you coming home for Christmas?"

“No mom, but my boss would be coming”
“Okay…Uhmm...Denrele is getting married”
I shut my eyes as I gripped the phone tightly trying to process the information mum had just given.
"Oh, that's good then. So who is he getting married to?"

“Teni, your friend. Didn’t she tell you?”
I laughed. I mean Denrele and Teni? That’s so impossible.
“That’s impossible”
I shook my head,
“Why is it not possible ehn? Tell me...that man has refused to marry you and you are still in his house.”
“Mom….mom…please stop. I didn’t mean to say it was impossible I wanted to wish them a happy married life!”
I heard her sigh. I knew I was finished. I remembered seeing Teni’s missed calls last week but I had forgotten to call her back.
“…bring your own man home not your boss he is not your husband”
With that, I clicked off the phone and tossed it on the bed. Ed must definitely do something about our status tonight.

I heard him mount the stairs to our room as he entered the room and switched on the light. He was startled when he saw me sitting on the bed with folded arms.
“You scared me”.
He forced a smile, well I know a forced smile when I see one. He looked scattered, his well tucked shirt was half tucked and rumpled. He had another look on his face, he looked wild. And the idea of him sleeping with someone else got me mad as I sparked up, like the Nigerian babe I am now, we don’t take nonsense.
“Where are you coming from this late?”
He frowned at me, pulling his trousers.
“Sorry, what time is it?”
"It's 11:00 pm!"

He stood up and clapped his hands mockingly.
“So, are you telling me when to come back to my own house?”
And the question threw me off balance, I mean it’s his house and he was actually correct. He could come back whenever he wanted. I just sat back on the bed and covered my legs with the sheet. He wore his pajamas and lay on the bed, and then he whispered.
"I was with Peter, my friends you know, at the club"

I knew better than to say nothing so I just kept my mouth shut.
“Oh...”
That was all I said. as I thought on how best to present my next question.

“Ed?”
He turned to me and held my hands looking at my face.
“Ed, who am I to you?”
He frowned and stroked my fingers gently
“I don’t get, why are you asking?”
“Just answer me”
“Okay, my girlfriend”
I was shocked, so he didn’t even see me as his wife?
“Wow, okay.”
He still kept on stroking my fingers absentmindedly.

“I want us to get married”
He shifted his head to get my clearer picture before turning back and removing his hand back.
“That’s crazy Sara”
He said calmly like it was no big deal. My eyes tingled as I quickly blinked back the tears that threatened to fall.
“Crazy? How? Have been performing wifely duties to you for almost a year Ed! And you think getting married to you is suddenly crazy?”
I flared up, I didn’t know he could be this uncaring to my feelings. as he stood up to take his pillow.
“Wow, wow….nice one Sara. I hope you've not forgotten that I house you, feed you, pay you and have you warm my bed willingly. So why are you suddenly complaining?”
Tears welled up my eyes as it started to fall. I held the sheets tightly as I cried in pains. My heart was in pain. How could he think so cheaply of me?

“I ‘will be in the next room”
He just picked his pillow and closed the door. My body shook as I sobbed with tears. My mom was right, after all, he's not my husband. I sighed and wiped my tears, I would just pack out of the room we share and probably rent a place for myself before my two years visa expires. The sound of his phone jolted me back to the physical, as I found out he had left his phone behind. I wanted to know who was calling him probably one of his whores. Peter was displayed on his screen, he was the one calling I contemplated on picking the call or not as I needed to speak with someone so bad.

I didn't think twice as I pressed the receive button of Ed's iPhone 7.

“Hello”
His voice sounded rough and a bit low.
“Hi, good morning…sorry, Ed isn’t around”
“Hey……, hey Sara. How are you doing?”
His voice still sounded rough but a bit lively. I felt he was happy, talking to me. and I couldn’t deny been happy also as I felt relaxed.
“Am…..am fine”
He hesitated and spoke up again.

“You don’t sound fine….did he do anything to you?...did he hurt you?”
I didn’t know when the tears started again. I cleared my throat before speaking.
“Am fine…I will tell Ed you called”
“Hey, Sara …”
I heard him sigh and exhale then he said,
"I will be at the park and lake gardens at 10 am tomorrow or if you would like to come to my office"

He hesitated.
“You know what...my office would be fine, just come to Jenkins Architectural firm, and ask of Peter. Will be waiting for you by 10 am, sleep tight"

He said as I dropped the phone. I still wasn't sure if I would see him tomorrow, though I was anxious, anxious to hear what he would say to me, why he wanted to be my friend. I quickly copied his number into my phone just in case I need it I told my mind, as I laid down on the soft bed I had been calling my matrimonial bed for months and drifted off to my dreamland with peter’s sexy frame flooding my mind.
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 2:08pm On Jan 01, 2019
happy new year!!!
Re: His Will, My Will by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 01, 2019
Thanks for the update
Sara never see anything yet
Re: His Will, My Will by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 01, 2019
joromi36:
happy new year!!!
Happy new year ma'am
Re: His Will, My Will by Ann2012(f): 3:25pm On Jan 01, 2019
Sara is just Ed's plaything

Thanks for the update
Happy new year ma'am
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 6:54pm On Jan 02, 2019
CHAPTER SEVEN
I couldn’t believe I was in front of one of the biggest Architectural firms in Canada. I pressed my lips together as I watched the white receptionist attend to a man that I met there. Ed had ignored my greetings that morning, he had hurriedly dressed up and left for work. That was when I became more determined to go to peter's firm.

“Yes ma’am, can I help you”
I smiled back at her.
“Yes please, I’m here to see Mr. Peter"

She checked the computer in front of her and looked up.
“Am sorry there is no Mr. Peter here, do you know his last name?"

I frowned, I didn't know his last name. I only knew him as Peter. I quickly muttered ‘thank you Jesus' as I remembered copying his number last night. I dialed his number and he picked on the first ring.
“Sara?”
I quickly hid my surprise, how did he get my number?
“….Uhmm...I’m at your office…at the reception”
I heard him exhale and muttered something I wasn't quick enough to hear before he ended the call.

“An angel like you is supposed to sit while people like us, tend to your service”
I was shy at his flattery, he smiled at the receptionist who in turn said
“Oh ma’am am so sorry, I never knew you were asking about Mr. Peterside”
Like seriously, these Whites will just be bearing some names that I can't even comprehend. I nodded at the receptionist with a smile as I followed Peter up to his office.

“Please sit down”
He sat beside me on his couch. His office was far bigger and beautiful than mine at the eatery and I couldn’t but wonder if he owned the place.
“So what’s the problem? You don’t look fine”
He raised my head with his index finger as I slowly looked at him, I quickly concluded he looked more handsome in the dark blue suit he had on. I pressed my lips together as I was unable to get the words out. He pulled his suit and rolled up the sleeves of the shirt he had on. I imagined him taking me in his wide but lean arms, but I shook my head out of my reverie as I heard him say.
“ I lost my wife of 2 months and our unborn child to a fire incident 2 years ago and I just stopped blaming myself for their death recently…..we had quarreled that night and I angrily went to sleep in a friend’s place and..."
I moved to hold his hands as he tried to avoid the tears that clouded his eyes. He smiled sadly at me and continued.
“The next morning I woke up to hear the news of my burnt pregnant wife in our house..that the fire was caused by a cigarette”
He wiped the tears that already dropped and smiled at me
“She loved to smoke when she was angry”
I rubbed his hands and smiled at him
“You don’t need to beat yourself over what is done already..it was not your fault okay?”
His Adam's apple bobbed as he laughed and held my hands tightly

"Thanks, angel I feel better already"

I smiled at him as I slipped my hands slowly from his. He muttered ‘sorry’ and I nodded.
“Ed just told me last night that I was his girl friend..”
I paused as I watched him listening and gazing at me intently. I continued even though I was starting to feel tears in my eyes.
"I…..i never knew that have actually been performing wifely duties to a man who doesn't consider me as his wife to be….. I mean he knows how we Africans take things like this and he still went ahead to hurt me with harsh words."

I cleaned my tears as I quickly dabbed my eyes to avoid the flowing tears from ruining my makeup.
“Of course you won’t understand how important this is to us"
He laughed and his laughter melted my heart the more and he held my sweaty hands again.
“Sara, that I’m black American doesn’t mean I don’t understand African’s belief”
We kept on talking and I felt more relaxed, by the time I spent 2hours with him and dropped me off at the office, it was then I decided within me that I was going to leave Ed.
“Hey, I’ will talk to Ed okay? So please angel take care of yourself”
I wasn't too glad when he said he would talk to Ed for me. But to me, I felt he means no harm. And he would definitely make a good friend.

“Like seriously? You reported me to peter how dare you!”
I was startled at his outburst; I was eating the spaghetti and chicken sauce I made for us before he came in from work shouting. I was too scared to drop the spoon back on the plate as I was careful so as not to let the sound irritate him.
“Are you deaf or something? I’m talking to you!”
He frowned at me as I watched him fling the glass cup on the floor.
“Am sorry”
That was all I could say before I started another round of tears, how could he hate me so much like this? What could I have done to him? He smiled wickedly and waved his finger at me.
“In your life, never you try this with me okay!”
He eyed me and I felt naked to his disgust as he was clearly disgusted by me. He stormed out of the kitchen and rushed upstairs. I moved about the kitchen sobbing as I cleared the shattered glass wondering where I had gone wrong. I couldn't but wonder if God really was with me on this trip.

"O Lord please I need your help, let everything fall back to place"

I just hope God would hear me as I felt I was too far from him to hear me.
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 6:55pm On Jan 02, 2019
Ann2012:
Sara is just Ed's plaything
Thanks for the update Happy new year ma'am

thanks Ann!!!
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 6:55pm On Jan 02, 2019
LightQueen:
Thanks for the update
Sara never see anything yet
thank you!!
Re: His Will, My Will by Ann2012(f): 7:40pm On Jan 02, 2019
Sara see your life

Thanks for the update
Re: His Will, My Will by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 02, 2019
Thanks for the update

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

*sides Of Love* / MOTHERS STRIKE ( A True Life Story ) By Drabeey / How Can I Be A Proficient Writer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.