Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,342 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

His Will, My Will - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / His Will, My Will (8109 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Will, My Will by Treasure17(m): 1:56pm On Jan 21, 2019
Well done joromi36. LightQueen update your story abeg. grin
Re: His Will, My Will by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 21, 2019
Treasure17:
Till next week shocked
Re: His Will, My Will by Ann2012(f): 2:45pm On Jan 21, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: His Will, My Will by Treasure17(m): 3:28pm On Jan 21, 2019
LightQueen:
Till next week shocked
Haba LightQueen. That's almost a week leave. Abi nah maternity leave grin
Re: His Will, My Will by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 21, 2019
Treasure17:

Haba LightQueen. That's almost a week leave. Abi nah maternity leave grin
Na mamanity grin

I will update soon
Re: His Will, My Will by Treasure17(m): 4:15pm On Jan 21, 2019
LightQueen:
Na mamanity grin
I will update soon
Lol. Mamanity indeed. Alright.
Re: His Will, My Will by aprilwise(m): 5:09pm On Jan 21, 2019
Am happy for Sara . Starting a fresh life in kano . please More update. Thanks
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 8:14am On Jan 24, 2019
Am so sorry guyz for late updates, I Promise to make it up soon...meanwhile enjoy today's chapters.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
I’ve been living peacefully with my neighbours until after 3 months when my pregnancy started to show. My neighbours including the landlord and his family stopped buying bread from me. that was what I started producing since I came to kano. I started making meat-pies, puff-puff, egg rolls, bread and sometimes cake. At first I was surprised by their attitude but when Imran explained to me that they were running away from me because they feel I might influence their children or wives since am single and not married. I was surprise that even at the twentieth century, people still behaved abnormal.
I covered the last batch of puff-puff and loaded it in the keke -napep. Imran was my delivery man and he also helped me with the production. I can say that I make close to fifteen thousand naira per day that is if the business was good. Sometimes, I make just five thousand naira. But still it sustained me and I made sure I give Imran two thousand five hundred naira daily and of course with free bread.
As I watched Imran ride out of the compound, I went back into my room and recounted the money I had saved up for a shop and some baking equipments. It was about a hundred and fifty thousand naira. Asides from the five thousand naira I had in the bank I had nothing left. I entered the bathroom to have a quick bath after making sure the main entrance door was locked, I entered the bathroom to take my bath.
I had nearly finished bathing when I heard shouts and wailings in the compound. I didn’t understand Hausa but I could hear ‘barawo’. I knew what it means, it could only mean one thing, Thief! I dropped the small bowl I was using to pour water on myself and peeped through the small bathroom window. I could see some gunmen, in black clothes, they all had mask on theif faces and they kept speaking Hausa. They brought out some women and raped them while the men were beaten and also raped. I was frightened. They carted away some things, they were about to pass my flat when they suddenly opened the door forcefully. I kept praying in tongues that they shouldn’t locate me. I tried peeping through the door key hole and I could see one of them, picking the money I kept on the bed and hurriedly shoved it into his back pocket. Hot tears threatened to fall as I saw him packing some of my baking equipments. He only left my mattress, some buckets and some pot. He also took my bed spread and my pot of soup. He wanted opening the bathroom door but he ran out with the others. I kept thanking God that I wasn’t seen because I would have been brutally raped even in my condition.
After what seem like 20 minutes, I quickly came out, wore a long gown and started crying alongside the others in the compound but I noticed my landlord and his whole family were not around. I wailed like the rest of the women and children. I cried because of my money, my equipments, and my soup pot. I cried but I was grateful at the same time that I wasn’t raped or beaten.
Some policemen arrived and kept asking questions.
“You!Wetindemcari from you”
I told him and I watched him scribble down what I said into a note pad. He nodded his head at me when he was down as he continued in like manner, asking the others what the thieves had gone away with.
Later in the evening Imran came back and handed me ten thousand naira, I told him all that happened and he sat in shock and said;
“aunty Sara, you are so lucky. Allah protected you. That’s, like the most dreaded robbery gang in sabo. If you were seen, you would have been brutally raped even in your condition because I heard they show no mercy”
I began to thank God just as Imran has said. Maybe if they didn’t enter my flat I would have been a suspect but God protected me. I quickly borrowed Imran’s phone to call my mum since I had lost my phone to the robbers. I called mum but I didn’t bother to tell her what had happened.
The past few weeks have been difficult for me. As I kept struggling to feed myself. Sometimes I ate once in a day but I kept frying puff-puff as Imran agreed to deliver them for free. I even tried hunting for teaching jobs but I was denied the job because of my condition. The police were quiet over the unfortunate incident that happened some weeks back and I wasn’t surprise that they weren’t making any effort to press towards investigating the issue. My neighbours were back to normal, I had even lectured some of them that very day to take their female children and wives to the hospital for their womb to be flushed. They all followed my advice except a family that refused to even acknowledge my presence when I told them about it. MallamIsah’s wife was raped but he didn’t have girls as kids he had only male children. When I told them about it, he had told his wife to chase me out of their house after which they shut their door at my face.
Another thing that baffled me was our landlord, he came back the next day and began questioning us. i didn’t understand Hausa but he made mention something that sounded like; ‘was my money taken?’
And that question got me thinking that how did he know the robbers had taken my money? Why didn’t he ask if I was raped like the others. I kept my investigation to myself and kept praying to God to reveal the evil doer to us.
I was washing my undergarments that evening when Imran rode in grinning from ear to ear. I was so sure he could have hugged me but he quickly restricted his hands and rose them up in prayers instead.
“Alhamdulillah”
“Why are you so happy, did we make enough money from the Puff-puff today?”
He dropped the empty white bucket I had filled with puff-puff this morning and it was almost empty except for some few balls like twenty puff-puff remaining. We both sat on the pavement in front of my flat and we began eating them.
“We made ten thousand naira today...”
He dropped the money into my laps and I quickly counted the money not minding my oily palm. Then he dropped some few wads of naira notes into my laps. I quickly lifted my eyes to search his.
“Where did you get this extra cash from?”
“Allah provided Madam Sara. I started supplying puff-puff to oceanic eatery weeks back without your knowledge and their boss ate and liked the puff and so she asked me to come and tell you to come and work for her if you wish that she would pay you well.”
My eyes brightened with joy. I leapt unto my feet, re-tied my wrapper and kept singing praises to God.
“Am just a common sinner Imran! But God has shown me mercy. I was just asking God to surprise me this week and he did!”
I danced and clapped my hands, my neighbours were staring at me and they were amused. Am sure some of them probably thought I was crazy. Of course yes! I am crazy, crazy for Jesus! I started dishing out the remaining puff-puff to the children in the compound and they all ate eagerly.
“Kai! Woman! I’ve told you not to near my family! Don’t come close to my family! Karwa!”
I could feel my baby kick within me immediately he spoke but I could hear the spirit of God within me telling me to ignore him. And I did! But I could hear the other men in the compound stand up for me including Imran they were defending me but I didn’t care, I was so full of joy. I know Oceanic eatery was the biggest in Kano that even people from Zaria, Jigawa bring their loved ones to. It was just like Eds’ united mall in Abuja, only that this one in Kano had a standard eatery. And I knew that if I was going to work there, I will definitely make it especially in my catering career. I paused for a while as soon as I remembered my condition. What if they reject me? I thought within my mind as I kept thinking about the possibility of them accepting me even with my protruded stomach.
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 8:15am On Jan 24, 2019
Treasure17:

thanks! update ready
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 8:16am On Jan 24, 2019
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update

thanks for following it
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 8:16am On Jan 24, 2019
aprilwise:
Am happy for Sara . Starting a fresh life in kano . please More update. Thanks

Thanks update ready
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 8:18am On Jan 24, 2019
CHAPTER SEVEENTEEN
I don’t know how God did it but he did it. I got the job the next day even though I didn’t meet the CEO, I had met the manager and my work was to bake my normal meat pies, sausage rolls, doughnuts and all the snacks you can think of including cake making. It was more like they were just paying me and I was re-learning. I was marvelled at the way God handled the issue for me.
I even started my home business. Imran’s younger sister Balarabe had to join our snack production. We made puff-puffs, chin-chin, buns, cupcakes, meat pies and cookies. I even started sealing my
cupcakes and cookies and I really started making great sales from them asides my salary within the space of two months by then, I was 8 months pregnant.
“this place smells great!”
Even without turning towards the door of my self-contain, I knew it was Pastor Nicholas, the gospel musician at my church here in sabo. He started coming to my house ever since we saw in the church headquarter and I had seen him sit among the ministers and since then I’ve been calling him a pastor. We had met because I was to serve the ministers at the minister’s stand when it was time for refreshment after workers seminar and he had helped me in serving the other pastors and he had even teased and called me a pregnant workaholic.
I winked at him as I watched him walk into the room, he shook hands with Imran who was busy loading the sealed cookies into the fifth carton.
“Balarabe how are you doing?”
The young girl smiled as usual at him and continued counting the sealed cupcakes she is to deliver by tomorrow. I rose up from the stool and walked out of the stuffy room. PstNich followed me but not without picking a meat pie and biting into it.
We strolled out of the compound, into the less busy street. That was the normal routine whenever he came around and I was scared that I was beginning to grow fond of him but I didn’t let that show.
“Why don’t you register under CAC? So that your products can be legally sold.”
I scratched my rough made hair as I rubbed my hands on the silky gown I wore.
“good suggestion PstNich but I don’t know anyone….that can help me get through with the process”
“you don’t have to know anyone Sara, did you know anyone before he gave you a job? Or before your products are starting to sell? You just have to know your God okay?....see I will help you with your logo i.e your design, and your brand name, I can help you create a website where people can also make orders and you can also supply to people not only in Kano and beyond”
I looked at him as he kept talking. I have never thought about supplying to people outside Kano, I was only thinking of Kano. He kept talking while I kept smiling and thanking God I met him just at the right time. My eyes stayed longer on his beautiful brown eyes, it looked like everything about him was brown except his lips. They were baby pinkish in colour and they looked soft and not too thin though. He was a head turner and I really mean it when I say so. He is 6ft5inch I guess and he had well fitted body that you could call an athlete kind of body, he wasn’t fat, neither was he too slim. But deep down within me I knew he had 6 packs, I started thinking of how hard his chest and muscles would be when I
touch them before I snapped out of my lustful thought. And that was why I was scared that I was beginning to grow fond of him.
“Sara? Are you okay?”
“Yea.Am fine. Thanks for the idea”
“Okay, so what would you want your brand name to be?”
“Glorious…or God is good”
He laughed and I joined him
“Sara, that name is way too long. How about Glory? Glory cupcakes, glory cookies? It’s easier to pronounce that way you know,”
I nodded at him and yawned tiredly. We started strolling back to the house when it was around to seven.
“So, I don’t know how this might sound but I would like to go with you for antenatal.”
I tried so hard not to hang my mouth open but it actually did. I was scared where he was going to. It is better we continue as friends not as lovers because I wasn’t sure I was going to even get married again.
“i. Don’t know. I don’t know what to say”
“I will not be doing anything tomorrow….that’s why I’m asking”
I shook my head slightly
“No….I’m sorry it won’t be possible”
I tried not to stare into his eyes but I could sense he was hurt by my last words.
“Am sorry to ask Sara I know you don’t like talking about it but I really do need to know if you’re really married”
“No…am not”
“Then what is …..Where is…”
“I don’t want to talk about it sir”
We were quiet for a while and the air felt stiff even though it was slightly cold. He cleared his throat after a while and spoke.
“Alright am sorry I brought this up again. I will call someone I know at CAC, and tell him about your products. I will get your logo done as well as your website and I will come by, tomorrow”
I nodded at him. Still avoiding his eye contact, he bade me goodnight and drove off.
That night, I didn’t sleep well. I felt bad for speaking to him that way but it wasn’t my fault. I was hurting from my past and I wasn’t ready to dwell on it or start afresh. My phone vibrated and I thought it was him trying to call me before he goes to bed but I was disappointed when I stared at the familiar number on my screen.
“Hello it’s me”
I gasped when I recognized the owner of the voice.
Re: His Will, My Will by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 24, 2019
Hope it's not that Peter's friend? what's his name sef
Thanks for the updates
Re: His Will, My Will by Ann2012(f): 9:20am On Jan 24, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: His Will, My Will by jakandeola(m): 9:34am On Jan 24, 2019
LightQueen:
Hope it's not that Peter's friend? what's his name sef

Thanks for the updates
hello dear
Re: His Will, My Will by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 24, 2019
jakandeola:
hello dear
Good morning dear
Re: His Will, My Will by aprilwise(m): 10:41am On Jan 24, 2019
Nice one .
Re: His Will, My Will by Treasure17(m): 11:16am On Jan 24, 2019
Don't be driven by emotion towards pastor Nich Sara. Nice update.
Re: His Will, My Will by Conqueror89: 4:43pm On Jan 24, 2019
Beautiful piece.

1 Like

Re: His Will, My Will by aprilwise(m): 7:12pm On Jan 31, 2019
Long time no update. What happening .

1 Like

Re: His Will, My Will by Blackween(f): 9:54am On Feb 06, 2019
joromi, hope all is well
We haven't had update in a while
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 8:45am On Feb 07, 2019
I'm so sorry I've been choked up with work. but I promise to update daily. enjoy today's episode

CAHPTER EIGHTEEN
It was Denrele that called. According to him, he wanted to know how I was faring and how the baby was doing. I also asked about Teni and their child and he told me they were fine and I could tell that they weren’t fine. He asked about my Kano address and I declined. He had even asked for my account number but I refused giving him.
Although, PstNich did not come like he promised but he kept in touch with me and he did all that he promised. After about two weeks, I got CAC’s accreditation, I also got NAFDAC’s accreditation all through the help of him and I didn’t even pay a dime.
I was resting at home one evening and trying to mark the calendar to when my delivery date would be due when I heard a familiar car horn and I knew it was PstNich.
I quickly wore a short Ankara gown as I was formally tying a wrapper. And sat on the bed. He knocked on the door and came in. he was wearing a short sleeve Ankara top and a three quarter trouser. I swallowed as I avoided his eyes. He looked incredibly handsome. He sat on the empty chair as we both exchanged pleasantries. He dropped a yellow nylon and offered me some barbecued meat that he bought.
“Don’t you think you should get a shop?”
I nodded
“I was actually thinking about that. God told me about that few days ago and I’ve been in doubt since then but hearing it from your mouth again proves that God is really with me on this.”
I smiled as I bit into the meat.
“Your new hair fits you….perfectly”
I smiled nervously at him he stared at me and dropped the meat in his hand.
“One will hardly believe you are pregnant Sara”
“Seriously? Why?”
“Because, you don’t look too fat or too slim. I mean you don’t have all those pregnancy traits except for your bulgy stomach”.
I laughed at him and my patted my new skull cap hairstyle.
“Sara,”
I stared back at him. And this time, his eyes were red and I wondered what the problem could be.
“I’m in love with you Sara and I can’t help it….I mean I can’t help myself”
I suddenly felt disgusted, I mean I know I was also starting to have a soft spot for this guy but I couldn’t just risk it. I felt disgusted at what he said because I’m obviously pregnant with another man’s child, which man in his sane mind would want or fall in love with me if he doesn’t have an ulterior motive in mind.
“You aren’t saying anything Sara”
“Seriously? What do you want me to say huh?”
I snapped at him. He looked at me confused.
“Look I know this might sound strange but I’m really in love with you”
“Look PstNich, am really not ready for all these. I thought we can be friends I never knew you had an ulterior motive at heart”
“What do you mean by ulterior motive? Is loving you now a crime”
He asked softly but his eyes were blazing with fire I could tell but I didn’t make eye contact with him. All my past suddenly came rushing to my mind and I flared up.
“Yes!!! You can’t love a pregnant woman. Doesn’t it sound strange to your ears?”
He was surprised, he also got up to face me. He held my hands and I could feel is palms were sweaty.
He looked straight into my eyes but I couldn’t hold back his gaze. He slowly lifted my hands to his hard chest and my headache and heartbeat suddenly increased as I wondered what he is about to do.
“Do you feel my heart beat Sara?”
I slowly snatched my hands from his grip and looked away.
“Sara, my heart beats just for you. Please don’t deny me of this chance to love you”
“Stop! Stop this! Please leave”
He exhaled, and shook his head.
“But we can still remain friends right? Even….even if you don’t accept my proposal”
“I don’t know….”
He sighed again, packed his laptop and left the house. I only sat back on the bed when I heard him zoom off in his car. I suddenly breathed a sigh of relief. I wasn’t ready to start any relationship not after what happened to me in the Canada. I have my unborn child to think of.
Although I and pstNich spoke on phone at times, but I noticed he never came visiting anymore. I was also happy he didn’t come because I wasn’t ready for another emotional abuse and I was sad because I didn’t have who to gist with. Besides I was already painting my new shop I rented beside the cinema here in Kano and I was getting it ready atleast before my baby comes in 2 weeks’ time. Although I had Imran, Balarabe and 2 other guys helping me out with the production. Infact I could only give God the
glory for the way the whole thing grew. I even joined bread to the production. About some days back I dreamt, God showed me another way of packaging my goods. I had even called PstNich and told him about it. And he quickly helped me in sending a sample through his friend. So I started packaging the snacks, small chops, chips with ketchup, in a customized brown paper for those going for delivery. But all these while, he didn’t ask to see me and his call rates reduced and I was somewhat bothered.
I was at home around 7pm after Balarabe left my house, I heard a knock on the door. Initially I thought it was Nicholas but when I answered the door I was shocked. It was mallamIsah’s wife. She was all covered up in a black veil and I wondered what she wanted.
“Can I come in?”
I hesitated, and then I opened the door widely for her and quickly shut it after making sure her husband was nowhere in sight. It was when she removed the veil that covered her body, that my eyes widened in shock as my eyes strayed to the red bruises on her back, the razor marks on her chest and buttocks.
“Sa’adat! What happened?”
“Life happened….”
She covered back her fair skin that now looked somehow red. She sat on my bed while I sat in front of her.
“I’m pregnant Sara, and he beats me every time he sets his eyes on me”
“He says he is beating alshaetan out of my body.”
I was puzzled. I mean why would he beat his wife just because she is pregnant for him….i mean who does that. The last time I checked they had just two boys
“Sara, he is not responsible for my pregnancy”
I blinked rapidly and faced her fully this time. I mean even in Islam, I was sure it is not allowed to cheat on your husband.
“I didn’t cheat on my husband Sara…”
I almost laughed….i mean, is she mother Mary who got pregnant by the Holy Spirit? I was certain she isn’t except if she got raped! I quickly held her hands and drew her close. I remembered she was a victim of the rape incident that happened about two months back. I was sad for her. She sobbed softly while I patted her back.
“He loathes me Sara. Is it my fault I got raped! I wish I had gone behind his back to the hospital when this incident happened but he just wouldn’t listen! He kept telling me its haram! What freaking haram! I’m now pregnant for unknown gunmen. If I could remember Sara, three men took turns on me that day….”
She broke into tears again. And I patted her.
“I know this is hard for you Sa’adat. I won’t advice you to leave your husband but I would advise you to keep praying, I mean keep praying hard for God to touch him but if you can leave the house for a while if the beating persists. It would be beter. But don’t divorce your husband. I’ll also keep praying for you.”
“Sara, sometimes I envy you. I wish I was in your shoes. You are independent, brave, and strong. I’m a graduate of Bayerouniversity Kano. I read marketing management but yet this terrible man kept me home! He kept saying he provides enough I shouldn’t go to work and expose myself to devil incarnates. Meanwhile, he is the real devil.”
She broke into tears again. I patted her back as I thought about her last words. She can’t be in my shoes, she didn’t know what it means to be in my shoes, because I’ve passed through a lot.
“My passion has always been to make dresses for sale including wedding gowns. But he never listened to me. I practically designed my wedding dress for my wedding but after the wedding he confiscated all my fashionable clothes saying that fashion is Haram. Am tired Sara, am really tired. I’ve decided to leave his house for a while, start what I’ve always been passionate about and live an independent woman.”
I nodded at her and sighed. I would only support her in prayers I thought.
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 8:46am On Feb 07, 2019
Blackween:
joromi, hope all is well
We haven't had update in a while

na work o. am sorry guyz
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 8:48am On Feb 07, 2019
Dedicated to you all I love you my readers!

CHAPTER NINETEEN
A music concert was organized in my church that shook the whole of Kano that was when I knew that PstNich was a music guest minister from Spain. It took me by surprise when I saw his banners alongside other gospel musicians in Nigeria. I was able to attend the concert on the last day. I was seated behind when I suddenly felt the need to empty my bladder even though the stadium like church was so crowded, I managed to find my way to the rest room but I could feel my pants wet. I was angry with myself, how could I just urinate on myself like that. I hastened my footstep to the restroom and i almost collided on someone.
I looked up to see a surprised pstNich with two huge men like himself but I guess they were his body guards for the concert because they had BODYGUARD crested on their shirts. I murmured a greeting to him.
“How are you doing?”
He asked, he had concern written over his face.
“I’m fine”
“Are you sure? I don’t think you are alright Sara”
I smiled weakly as cramps suddenly hit me. I almost winced but I was so sure he noticed it but I quickly dismissed his thoughts from building up.
“Look I’m fine okay….i forgot to tell you my shop will be officially open on Thursday. I tried calling but you weren’t picking.”
He nodded at me and smiled. I tore my gaze away from his as I didn’t want my heart to keeping thumping in excitement when I stare at him. I tried moving pass him but I couldn’t, this time around a sharp pain tore through my body and I let out a shout.
“Sara what is it?”
He was already by my side, holding me
“I think it’s the baby”
I sad admist pains, he dictated to his guards to bring his car. As he led me towards the car, just behind the church, I looked down just in time to see blood stains on my leg. I screamed and the last thing I could remember was that he kept saying
“Stay with me….Sara please stay with me”
I was in coma for two days, when I finally opened my eyes, I couldn’t even move my body nor lift an arm I was numb all over but I was aware of my surrounding. I could see PstNich and another elderly man I recalled to be my pastor. All through, Nich was holding my hand, praying for me and crying silently. I wanted to reach out to him and pat his shaved hair and his unshaved beards and tell him am okay but I couldn’t, I wanted to ask him where my baby was because I could feel I wasn’t pregnant anymore. But I just ended up staring blankly at him. I cried but he didn’t know I was crying except for the strands of tears that dropped down from my eyes. He reached for my eyes and wiped the tears, I wondered what must be going through his mind. I tried praying to God with my heart and when I did, I could feel peace. Nich suddenly busted into a sonorous worship song. And its melody quietly put me to sleep as I hoped within me that I will wake up stronger and better the next day…….
Immediately I sneezed and opened my eyes, I heard praise God! I directed my gaze towards the direction of the voice but there was no one in the room. I remembered I have actually been in coma but….i didn’t really understand anymore. Immediately, I saw some people rushed into the private room that I was in. I quickly recognized my mum, Nich and some of my church members. Mum hugged me and kept letting her tears wet the hospital cloth I was on.
The doctor came and told some of them to leave but Nich and mum stayed with me. The doctor asked if I was alright and I nodded my head. Then he left.
“What would you like to eat ehn? Should I pound yam or rice would be fine”
I smiled at mum and nodded. I was too weak to answer. As soon as she left, Nich sent someone to get me fruit salad.
“How long was I in coma”
He quickly looked at me like he was surprised.
“You knew? You knew you were in coma?”
I nodded.
“Sara, you’ve been in coma for close to two weeks now. You only opened your eyes on the second night but after that night, we all thought you’d wake up stronger the next day but you didn’t, you went back into coma”
I stared at him. And smiled, I was grateful he had stayed with me even though I was only conscious of my surroundings for two days. But something was missing my child!
“Where is my child!”
I was sure Nich was startled with my sudden change in emotion but I didn’t care, I wanted to see my child and my breast ached for my baby because I could feel my nipples wet with breast milk against the cloth I was on. I wanted to get up and leave the room since he wasn’t giving me any answers but I suddenly felt a very sharp pain at my lower abdominal region. I quickly sat back.
“Sara, please…you need to rest. Your child will be brought to you soon he is in the nursery for now”
“I want him here and now PstNich, I don’t care if I have to walk down to the nursery myself, even with this stupid pain”
He stared at me, and stood up to hug me. I was grateful for the hug because I was on the verge of breaking down.
“Hey….Shhh….it’s okay. Let me talk to the doctor to bring you your son”
“A son? I gave birth to a son?”
I laughed slightly, I couldn’t wait to hold my 2 weeks old son in my arms! I thought as I watched Nich leaving the room.
I waited for 30 minutes but Nich was nowhere in sight. I stood up to leave the room myself but the pain came again. I lifted my hospital gown to check my stomach but what I saw shocked me and got me afraid.
My skin was sewn together like I had an operation. Did I give birth to my son through C.S? I asked myself as I decided to wait on my bed for the doctor, Nich, and my mum to provide the answers I need.
I quickly put my child to my breast and watched him suck my nipples greedily. I stared at mum who was busy arranging my baby clothes and sighed. Although I have been discharged for 5 days now but I still couldn’t bear the realization that I had no womb. After I gave birth to my son, according to the doctor, I had some complications and they had to remove my womb.
“Sara, the deed has been done. Please take your mind off the past and focus on your new future”
I smiled at mum sadly. Of course I had a new future, I thought as I looked at my son’s brown body. I could see almost all of peterside’s features in him. He had curly dark hair, brown eyes, and pink lips. Just thinking about peter, brought tears to my eyes but I vigorously fought back the tears.
“Have you thought of a name yet?”
I glanced back at mum who was now closely seated beside me. And then I glanced back at my son who was now sleeping peacefully in my arms.
“I haven’t thought of a name…mum”
She hesitated for a while and nodded her head.
“Ok, I’ll help you choose. How about you name him after his father”
“No”
I didn’t want him to have any connection to his father not even the name ‘peter’.
“Okay why don’t you name him after your pastor…Nicholas?”
I rolled my eyes at mum who was giggling at me
“What, Sara, can’t you see he likes you? Okay atleast if you don’t love him in return, show him atleast you appreciate his care and concern towards you and your son”
“Mum, am grateful and I’ve already told him that what more?”
“Sara, this man paid all your hospital bills, looked after your shop, workers and even your house before I came. Don’t be ungrateful.”
I couldn’t control the tears that flowed this time.
“I’m not ungrateful mum, I’ve passed through a lot and I’m hurting. My heart still hurts mum that’s why I don’t want to go close to any man again”
“Give your broken heart to God let him mend it for you if not u will keep hurting Sara”
I stood up to place my child in his cot while I listened to mum.
“Look my child, if you keep pushing men away that you are hurting and all that. You won’t know when you will push the good one away and you will end up old and lonely. I know he will soon be here, reciprocate his love and hand over your heart to God only him heals.”
I nodded, as I tried to assimilate what she has just said.
Pastor Nich kept coming to my house. He made it a point of duty to always buy something for both me and the baby. Mum had already gone back to Abuja because dad wanted her around. My baby was already one month old. I was amazed that he was growing big real fast. I had just put him to sleep when Nicholas came in that afternoon.
“Hey….blackie how are you doing”
I laughed,
“So because you are brown in colour I won’t find you a suitable nickname abi?”
I joked, while he touched my sleeping child and then later went to sit on the floor and ordered me to do the same and I did. We sat facing each other while he opened wraps of masa and another wrap of yaji (a type of Hausa pepper) and then we ate.
“So how is shammah doing?”
He asked between mouthfuls.
“He’s doing great. He is turning much bigger than I thought. By the time he is 6 months old I won’t be able to carry him”
I laughed, Shammah, yes! I named my son after 'Jehovah Shammah'.
"I’ll be there to help you carry him don’t worry"
My eyes locked with his and i could literarily feel him pleading for a relationship but my heart as far as i am concerned is still under construction.
"Sara, please give me the chance to prove my love to you. I really do love you and our son Shammah. Yes! He is also mine Sara. Please? Okay just one date?"
I glanced at him and glance back at shammah as i felt peace within me i couldn’t just explain it but i knew my insides melted and i felt relieved. I shyly nodded to his proposal, perhaps it won’t hurt to try i said as i watched him smile and hug me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 8:50am On Feb 07, 2019
Last chapter would be updated tomorrow by God's grace

CHAPTER TWENTY
“You better take good care of my son and don’t even dare to make him cry or else…..”
I giggled back on the phone. Ever since our relationship officially started 4 months ago, he has been extremely nice and caring. He now calls my son his son and I was a bit grateful about that.
“I’ve heard you o…Mr Man oya go to work I will talk to you later”
“Alright baby, I love you bye”
“I love you too…”
I ended the call and attended to my baby who was already fusing. I forgot he would be 6 months old by tomorrow I quickly dialled Imran’s line he has been the one managing my shop since I gave birth and the sales we’ve recorded has been really huge and encouraging.
“Madam Sara, good afternoon ma, how is baby?”
“Baby is fine, baby is eating. How is the shop?”
“The shop is fine, the sales are going well everything is under control.”
“Okay then thank God. I just remembered that my baby will be 6months old tomorrow”
“Eeehyah….na’gode Allah. So baby will be half year old ken a”
I laughed heartily and he joined.
“So I want a 6 month old baby cake to be made and I want it to be colour blue, touch of pink, green and yellow. You know you have to be creative in doing this…since I’ve never thought you before.”
“Ah, yes madam don’t worry I will surprise you very well”
I nodded as I almost laughed at his thick Hausa accent
“Alright then take care of yourself, please add samosa and spring rolls to the list okay?”
“Alright madam”
I ended the call almost immediately as I began to hear screams and shouts in the compound. I quickly looked through the window and then I saw some police men dragging the landlord roughly while some of my neighbours spat on him and kept lamenting. I moved outside and signalled one of the policemen to ask him what the issue was.
“Oga, please what happened?”
“Your landlord is a criminal! He is a cultist.”
“How did you know? What has he done?”
He eyed me briefly and rolled his eyes at me. I almost puked with disgust because he just acted like a lady.
“He was the one that raided your compound and a couple of others abi you don forget”
I screamed immediately, the others quickly directed their gaze towards me.
“You”
I pointed at the landlord.
“You destroyed families, you ruined many lives!”
I shook my head as tears flowed freely, I remembered my neighbourSa’adat who had fallen victim to his criminal acts as well as others.
“I prayed to God to expose the culprit behind this act and God did it. You better repent that is after you have been given the punishment you deserve”
His wife almost charged at me but the other women in the compound almost beat her as she quickly ran into her flat. While the police dragged her husband away. I saw someone watching me from mallamIsah’s window and I knew it was him because Sa’adat had left him a fortnight ago.
I ordered Imran to share the samosa and spring rolls to my neighbours and to tell them it was my baby’s birthday. I wore a short blue Ankara gown and I made sure I went to the saloon that morning to fix a short weavon on my head and it sure looks good on me. I wanted to look pretty I wanted Nich to see me and gasp for air and he sure did. I left shammah with Balarabe and sat inside the car with Nich. He was holding a piece of cake and a glass of juice for me.
“You look beautiful tonight”
I smiled shyly as I tried averting his gaze.
“Thanks”
“Why don’t you take a bite from this sumptuous cake I made for my son”
I laughed. As I took a bite from the pineapple upside-down cake he had baked.
“You now bake Nich?”
“Well err because of you yes I now bake”
I smiled, and I loved him the more for this single act of affection he demonstrated. But then my teeth hit something metallic in my mouth and I quickly spat it out. At first I had thought it was a stone but I was wrong. Beneath my eyes was a diamond ring in all its simplicity. I knew it would be expensive but I didn’t know the how much it would cost. I gasped for air slightly as my heart suddenly somersaulted.
“Marry me….please Sara do me the favour of been your husband”
I couldn’t look at him I just kept staring at the ring as my heart kept beating fast. I suddenly became sweaty.
“I…know I don’t deserve you Sara. But please make me the happiest man on earth by been my wife. Marry me please”
He held my hands but I wasn’t sure, this was all too early I thought. I gave him back his ring as tears suddenly filled my eyes. Past memories of Ed, peter and all my awful past came rushing at me as I broke into tears.
“Am sorry, am not worthy to be your wife Nich, besides am too scared to do this”
I heard him groan sadly, and then he hugged me tightly and kept whispering in my ears.
“it’s going to be fine baby I assure you”
I was shocked when I felt his tears on my neck. I almost pulled out of his embrace to ask him why he was in tears.
“Your mum told me, she told me all that you went through. You shouldn’t beat yourself too hard Sara.”
I was beyond shock. Instead of pulling out of his embrace I cried the more.
“I love you Sara, with or without a womb. I love shammah too. There’s nothing we can do about your past but one thing I know for sure is I can’t get you off my mind. The more you push me away the more I fall crazily for you. I love you even if you don’t accept my proposal I’ll keep loving you”
I shivered slightly as I pulled out of his embrace and spoke to him.
“Please give me time Nich”
He held my hands and looked into my eyes.
“I’ll give you plenty of time my love”
He kissed me on the forehead and I relaxed
“But do me a favour my love”
He placed the ring into my palm
“Please keep it. Till you I’m back from Spain. Because when I’m back, I will be back fully to marry you, I know for sure because God has assured me”
I smiled shyly as I toyed with the ring. My heart leapt for joy as I remembered God and how I had not paid him attention before I left for UK and when I got there. And yet after I sinned and missed my way, he still took my arms and led me back to his will for my life and he still made sure I bask in his love daily. I smiled feeling fulfilled but I wished my heart would be repaired.
“I don’t get why am I here?”
I asked Nich who was standing beside me holding my son. By my right hand side, Imran stood while we all stood in front of a one storey building, it was coloured brown, and orange and it had tiles on one part of the building.
“Do you like this building?”
“Ah…yeah...It’s beautiful”
I raised my head to read the inscription and it had ‘CHOPSY’ on it and I knew instantly that it was an eatery and this was a replica of what I saw him in my dream last year before coming to Kano.
“It’s yours”.
I shifted my feet and looked at Nich who kept smiling. I looked at my workers who were already jubilation and going round the building. I felt helpless, tears of joy poured out of my eyes as I still kept my eyes on Nich.
“Sara. I did it because God asked me to and because I love you from the bottom of my heart. And don’t ever feel pressured to say yes to my proposal because of this okay?”
I ignored his last statement as I spoke
“I don’t know what to say Nich but am really grateful.”
He hugged me together with my son.
“I have a flight to catch by 4pm to Abuja so I can then board another flight to take me out of the country. I’ll be back in a month time my business needs me and most importantly the church needs me.”
I nodded at him as I tried taking my baby from him so he can drive but shammah refused to come to me.
“Shammah baby don’t do this to mama now, come to mama. By the time Nich goes now, I will see what option you will have”
Nich giggled, causing me to smile.
“Don’t worry Shammah I will be back in a month time and if your mother doesn’t accept my proposal before then, I will adopt you to Spain”
I watched in amazement as shammah smiled to Nich and I felt happier than I was because it meant only one thing, that Nich was accepted as his father. I prayed silently telling God to heal my heart and asking him about his decision on Nich’s proposal. And the bible verse that came to my heart immediately was
‘TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL THINE HEART AND LEAN NOT ON THY OWN UNDERSTANDING’
I smiled to myself as I felt God has just spoken to me.
“Take the key Sara, you are driving today”
I grinned and took the key as I entered into Nich’s Range Rover sports.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Will, My Will by IRALIFE(f): 3:17pm On Feb 07, 2019
This is so lovely. That's indeed how much God loves us. His hands are always open to receive us even when we err as His children. He only expects us to ask for mercy.
I would like to see a beautiful ending about Denrele too.
I would like to share your story with your kind permission ofcourse. Thumbs up joromi36. Expecting more beautiful stories like this.

1 Like

Re: His Will, My Will by aprilwise(m): 3:49pm On Feb 07, 2019
This is an over dose of update. Am happy for Sarah to found love and to be happy. Thanks for the update
Re: His Will, My Will by Megamercy(m): 8:31pm On Feb 07, 2019
It was amazing, more wisdom in Jesus name.
Thanks for the updates.
Re: His Will, My Will by Ann2012(f): 10:23pm On Feb 07, 2019
Well done OP

Thanks for the update
Re: His Will, My Will by Aceed: 11:09pm On Feb 07, 2019
Good bless you joromi36 for this, a follower shared the last three chapters with me, I read it and said to myself I must mention others.

Asides the fact that this is a good story, a very good one as it is very very relatable, the story also glorifies God and tells of the redeeming power of the Lord Jesus that even when all else fails and even when you fail yourself as an individual, if we can just make a simple decision of going back to Him and trusting Him completely, He will send a powerful message through our mess both to believers and unbelievers... following Lord Jesus is the ultimate goal of a man because if you do that you have power over your reality!

Nothing beats God
Nothing beats the Lord Jesus Christ
Nothing beats the wonderful Holy Spirit

MrPresident1 , ayotukanmi ( f ), GAZZUZZ
( m ), HigherEd, justi4jesu ( f ),
firstking01 ( m ), pocoapoco88. Anas09 , Blessytee( f ), annyplenty( m ),
blueAgent( m ), KingEbukasBlog ( m ),
fhunn , CharlyG1 , michlan ( m )
TheNazarene, damogul ,
repogirl ( f), Olajhidey22 ( m ), Leriebloom
( f ), Tabbaz ( m ), NnadiArts ,
importexpert ( m ), olumide4christ ,
thewatcher2020 , Explorers ( m ),
Pakingzzz ( m ), kayemjay( m ), LarrySun
( m ), senbonzakurakageyoshi ( m ),
Tallesty1 ( m ), ArchFreelancer( m ),
spywareczar( m ), iamord ( m ),
Athanatos( m ), Nimen ( m ),
AudreyTimms ( f), Royver ( m ),
Redmosquito ( m )
dtyla, d9ty7, ghostwriter, divepen1, ayotukanmi, explorers
humblechuks002
, madprophet,
sandyd chookym iamdazzle vaca1 gracefilled
dencotext, charlyg1
nnamdiosu
laduet nathan92

another wonderful piece guys, it's short it won't take time grin
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 8:01pm On Feb 08, 2019
And of course the last piece, I hope you guyz enjoyed yourselves and learnt one or two lessons. Thanks for following through I love you guyz. I will start à new story soon by God's grace on Monday. But for now, enjoy the last episode.

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
Nich came back after a month like he promised and I agreed to his proposal, we had even gone to see his parents and I had thought they wouldn’t approve of me but they did. His mother is from Spain while his father is an Hausa man and they are both born again Christians. For once I was grateful for that.
We called mum and dad and informed them and they were both elated. But the problem we had was the church as they kept postponing the date to us. As we both wanted the wedding here in Nigeria for the sake of our families.
One afternoon we were summoned by the church marriage committee.
“Erhmm. We’re sorry we won’t be able to join you both in marriage”
I remained calm, I already knew why they didn’t want to join us but I acted cool.
“Why?”
Nich asked. This time a young lady who should be in her thirties spoke.
“Your wife, sister Sara, is not a virgin. Infact she already has a child and it’s a sacrilege to join people like that here.
Nich flared up.
“Will you shut up!!....what do you mean by people like that? So people who once made a mistake and have come to Christ shouldn’t be given a chance like others right? Is that what you mean? Are you even married? Answer me!! You all seat here and called me and my wife for one dirty meeting only to be insulted by you charge and bail pastors? Look we all make mistakes in this life, she made a mistake and she is past it. If God can forgive her and love her who are you mere mortal men to judge her!”
“Look, Pastor Nich. It’s our rule here, we don’t wed single mothers. We don’t! It’s either you take it or leave it!”
I shook my head as I watched Nich tongue lash them one after the other. The woman that spoke last eyed me slowly and I ignored her and then I stood up and whispered in Nich’s ears and then I pointed to the deaconess and spoke to the marriage committee.
“If you won’t wed me then it’s no problem, but I just want you to know that this woman here was caught sleeping with her neighbour an alhaji for that matter and yet you speak to me of purity! You
should better remove the plank from your eyes before removing the dust from another person’s eyes”
With that Nich and I stormed out of the church leaving them all in confusion.
“How did you know she is sleeping with an alhaji?”
I smiled as we entered Nich’s car.
“she lives in Imran’s newly rented apartment that I rented for him and his sister, he has been seeing them and hearing her moan for sexual pleasure then unfortunately one day I came to the house, I did not only hear but I saw them but she didn’t see me. I saw them when she was seeing him off”
He hissed as he continued driving through the streets of Kano
“We’re going to Spain. I’ll wed you in Spain you are leaving Nigeria. I will just prepare your visas, including that of your parents so we can have the wedding soonest in two weeks’ time”
“Wont that be too expensive?”
“Don’t worry baby, God will take care of our bills”.
I was too speechless after hearing what he has just said. I squeezed his hand and whispered to him
“I love you”
That was the second time I told him that, and am sure he knew it was from the bottom of my heart.
Our visas were been processed and we were all getting set for the deal day. We were currently in Abuja at my parent’s place and we would leave to Spain from here while his parents would meet us there. All his friends and relatives were in Spain I had even spoken to his siblings and friend through video chat and I could say that I like his family already, his sisters were already planning the wedding on my behalf I could help but thank God, it truly pays to be in God’s will after all.
I parked my car at the last parking space in the marked as I horned at a frail looking lady who was almost passing by my car and was holding a small boy who was about three or four years old and she looked pregnant too but she looked familiar to me and realization suddenly hit me as I horned again and called her.
“Teni!!!”
She turned, and looked at me for a while and then turned to go. But I quickly stood up and hugged her. I was shocked at her body weight. She almost looked like a pack of bones. I gestured to her to sit inside the car while I bought biscuit for his son to keep him busy with till am done with his mother.
“How are you doing Teni you look so unwell”
I watched her lips tremble as she suddenly busted into tears. I spent 10 minutes consoling her before she spoke up.
“I’m not fine Sara, I’m not hungry but I need money. Denrele hates me! He beats me at the slightest provocation! He only started caring for his son last month. He barely pays attention to me.”
She cried and I cried along with her, trying to console her.
“I wish I didn’t force him to marry me. I wish I didn’t lie to him about you am so sorry Sara. Karma they say is really a bitch”
I nodded at her.
“Denrele, still beats you, even while you are pregnant?”
She cried again.
“I’m not pregnant Sara….everyone thinks I’m pregnant but I’m not! I have fibroid and I’ve been unable to go for operation ever since because Denrele doesn’t even listen to me”
I was angry, I was angry with Denrele for treating her as such.
“give me his number I would like to speak to him”
She quickly punched his number into my phone and gave me back.
“I’ll be grateful if you speak to him. I think you are the only one he answers to”
“Where do you work now?”
“Nowhere, I sell fresh and smoked fish here in the market. The united mall suddenly collapsed. I heard he was into ritual so that was how I ended up in the market”
She sobbed but fear gripped me. Ed? Involved in rituals? I quickly took my mind from him and focused on Teni.
“how much do you need for your operation?”
She told me and I transferred more than the amount into her account. I transferred a million naira into her account and I promised to set her up with a good business before I travel out. She even offered to buy the things I need from the market but I declined. Instead, we went together.
Immediately I got home, I told Nich about her and he also agreed to help her with 2.5 million naira atleast to start a business with after her operation. I quickly transferred the money into her account and told her it was from my husband and she thanked me profusely.
I called Denrele that evening and we sat down to talk.
“You look really good Sara, what have you been eating?”
I smiled at him and ignored his question.
“Denrele, I don’t like the way you treat Teni”
“Sara, I’ve missed you”
“This is not about me Denrele, its about you and Teni. When you called me when I was in Kano I thought you were doing fine but seeing Teni yesterday proves that she isn’t alright at all. Please she is now your wife, your property, treat her like one. Look at you looking all good and radiant but Teni is not. Teni looks like your mother already Haba! Why are you so heartless”
“if loving you is heartless then I am. I love you and if not for that devil called Teni we would be married by now. I still love you and that is why I am fighting your fight. I am revenging for you”
“don’t revenge for me Denrele! You are not God! And stop been in lovewit me. I am engaged and soon to be married to someone else so stop this obsession and face your wife!”
He stood up and approached me menacingly like he was mad.
“I will not stop revenging on your behalf Sara because I love you and we are meant to be together!”
Just then, Nich came out I could see his eyes were literally blazing red even in the dark.
“what’s your problem Mr man! Why are you yelling?”
Denrele laughed hard and I felt he needed help.
“Sara, so because you are engaged to a half-caste, you now feel on top of the world right? I will keep tormenting Teni till you come back to me”
With that he eyed Nich and strolled to his car.
“if she dies in your hand Denrele, you will regret it”
He didn’t say a word to me but he stayed in his car for a while and I knew he was in tears because I could here him cry but I couldn’t go over to him, I didn’t want to. Instead I called on God in my heart to comfort him. And then he finally drove off leaving me and Nich, staring at his taillight.
The wedding finally took place in Spain and we got married. I enjoyed every bits of my wedding and of course my marriage infact last month clocked 8 years we got married and shammah never knew his real father, except that he thinks Nich is his biological father. I’ve never for once gotten pregnant and Nich was never bothered infact we adopted two other kids when they were 2 months old. My husband ran a telecommunication company, and he also pastors a church here in Spain. We live in Spain and we only went back to Nigeria when Imran was getting married. My parents were also in Spain with us and I also started another branch of ‘CHOPSY’ in Spain.
I met my Nigerian lawyer last week. The one who had defended me when I was in prison and she told me that fresh human head was discovered in Ed’s basement and the human head was said to have been his dead wife’s head. I had exclaimed and said
“juju in UK!”
But it wasn’t funny. I was almost a victim. But I thanked God for sparing me all the same.
I drove home and I met my husband with the kids playing video game. I quickly checked on the food the nanny was cooking before she left and then my phone buzzed and I read the message
‘You are 7 weeks pregnant Sara congrats! Come by for your test result tomorrow”
I almost jumped for joy when I saw the message but instead I silently called my husband and kissed him fully on the lips and spoke to him.
“God’s will, will always be done in our lives. I’m pregnant”!
He whispered a thank you Jesus and kissed me fully on my lips not minding ‘whahs’ of the children.
But I was fulfilled after a long time.
The end

3 Likes

Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 8:02pm On Feb 08, 2019
IRALIFE:
This is so lovely. That's indeed how much God loves us. His hands are always open to receive us even when we err as His children. He only expects us to ask for mercy.
I would like to see a beautiful ending about Denrele too.
I would like to share your story with your kind permission ofcourse. Thumbs up joromi36. Expecting more beautiful stories like this.

wow so true! thanks for reading this piece and I'm glad you liked it!
And of course you are permitted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No Winners For 2016 Etisalat Flash Fiction / I AND Marcel(gay Story , Written By Chidera Chokolate) / How Can I Be A Proficient Writer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 184
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.