Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me (25675 Views)

UNICAL Level 100 Student Collapse And Die Inside Campus [photos] / Help: My Family Wants Me To Study Law But I Don't Want To / Meet Yaashwin Sarawanan Malaysian Human Calculator On Asia's Got Talent (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by crunchyg: 2:22pm On Dec 30, 2018
falcon01:
This is proof that Nigeria as a country Is F*cked and messed up, Nairaland, a forum that represents Nigerians is useless,and Is a wasted place, Nairaland is enough for him to discover more and share Ideas but they rather view and comment on topics like :- "sexy leaked photo of a facebook slayqueen" "Buhari certified on fish selling" "Yahoo boy flaunts millions" "how can I make my girl orgasm" rich breast type do you like" "two girls fight nude over a guy" "I need a Sexxy girlfriend " *sighs* let me stop here before I break my phone screen!.
That is why you have sub sections, you are to choose the area that interest you and always go there to discuss with like minds, you mustn't open sections that doesn't interest you so stop ranting

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by falcon01: 2:27pm On Dec 30, 2018
crunchyg:

That is why you have sub sections, you are to choose the area that interest you and always go there to discuss with like minds, you mustn't open sections that doesn't interest you so stop ranting
guess what haphapphaphappehaphapphaphappenhaphapphaphappehaphapphaphappens in these sections?? Nothing! You create a topic you get like 50 views and no comment!! So what does that implie?

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by andassyn(m): 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2018
Wow..
we are both striving the same for cause...
My name Is Abdulmalik...
I have a passion for mathematics (mental mathematics)

I have already applied for MBBS at ABU and am awaiting the results....
But recently I discovered myself...
and I have been making research's about it...

WhatsApp me : 0 7 0 8 7 6 2 3 6 4 3
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by crunchyg: 2:34pm On Dec 30, 2018
falcon01:
guess what haphapphaphappehaphapphaphappenhaphapphaphappehaphapphaphappens in these sections?? Nothing! You create a topic you get like 50 views and no comment!! So what does that implie?
There is no justification in what you just said, if you go through the sections there are a lot of wonderful materials and wonderful people to interact with. Maybe you should get more used to Nairaland before concluding

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by SmartMindsFx: 2:35pm On Dec 30, 2018
virago:

Not true , savants don't come a dime a dozen. It is usually very rare to encounter a savant
madam dyor and you'll understand.
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by virago(f): 2:36pm On Dec 30, 2018
Jeezuzpick:

Take MENSA test.

I tell you, even if you live under a rock, if you make MENSA, the world will notice you!

Google MENSA today.

MENSA is for those with a very high IQ , ( Intelligence Quotient , with genius starting from 140 ). He may not be a genius from what he has written , geniuses are usually good all round , on the other hand savants are usually extra extra good in one area of endeavour and would usually outshine even the best geniuses in that particular field. Taking the MENSA test isn't needed as he hasn't shown to be good in all fields.
Try to read up on
Savants
Geniuses
Prodigies ( usually only in mathematics and music fields )
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 30, 2018
falcon01:
You're not going to find many Nairalanders that are interested in these intellectual discussions and topics.

I'll suggest you register on Reddit. That's like the American version of Nairaland, and more advanced. You're gonna find more than enough like-minded people and interesting ideas.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by andassyn(m): 2:36pm On Dec 30, 2018
please help me too

I am in the same situation as he is,I so much have great zeal for mental mathematics

I have already applied for MBBS at ABU...

but recently I have discovered my self...
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by virago(f): 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2018
SmartMindsFx:
madam dyor and you'll understand.

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by andassyn(m): 2:38pm On Dec 30, 2018
Herlertah:
Hello Nairalanders, Lol, never thought I would one day post anything on Nairaland. I used to come here just to read news and funny comments by you guys. People like simplykush grin. kiss

Before I go further, I will forever be in debt of the mods if they can pls let this reach front page.

My name (nickname actually) is Herlertah, 18, graduated from secondary school last year with 4 distinctions and 4Bs in WAEC and prospective student of OAU pharmacy (got 281 in jamb but still waiting on that slow school)

I decided to discuss a very important thing with you guys as I know we have many intelligent guys here who, as I have witnessed, have helped many people here.

I discovered when I was in Jss classes that I have the ability to multiply, divide, add and of course, subtract numbers (even big ones, I mean very big ones) without using calculator within a short time or no time at all!!

I am very also very good in squaring numbers within twinkle of an eye, just like, Scott flansburg.
I can find the square of 98765 within 10 seconds with my brain. I know the factor of ever number from 1-more than 10,000 or even more (don't know my limit). I once found the 3^40 and got 12157665459056928801with my head (took me few mins though). It's the longest record I have for now.

I also have the ability to know on what day of the week a date falls, I mean any date, whether past or future. Like asking me on what day of the week June 3rd, 2065 will fall and I will tell you that it's gonna be Wednesday.

I have known this for a while, buh where I am living here in Osun State, its hardly recognised. Although, I was given A MacBook upon from graduation from sec school mainly because of this ability of mine. Still I need help, I want to show this to the world, I want to make the country proud. I can do much more and I don't even know how I am able to do it. Although, I work them in my head buh in a rapid manner.

Thank you as you help with your invaluable comment.

Thank you!!!
Check my comments pls
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 30, 2018
virago:

Not true , savants don't come a dime a dozen. It is usually very rare to encounter a savant

Savants could be servants.I'm also good at mental activities of such.This ability can even be developed by the practice of certain mathematical operations in which certain patterns are observed.But it's not a big deal.Career success involves much more than that.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:43pm On Dec 30, 2018
virago:

MENSA is for those with a very high IQ , ( Intelligence Quotient , with genius starting from 140 ). He may not be a genius from what he has written , geniuses are usually good all round , on the other hand savants are usually extra extra good in one area of endeavour and would usually outshine even the best geniuses in that particular field. Taking the MENSA test isn't needed as he hasn't shown to be good in all fields.
Try to read up on
Savants
Geniuses
Prodigies ( usually only in mathematics and music fields )

I know all this.

Still, without being tested, how will he know?

To follow up on this, should we say, because you might be right, he shouldn't get a test?

What if it reveals he's a genius and doors start to open?

Like you said, he MAY not be a genius. That, on the converse side, means he MAY be one.
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by mechanics(m): 2:49pm On Dec 30, 2018
Lecturing job after your studies in mathematics dept will fit you o, kudos.
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Mizwisdom(f): 2:49pm On Dec 30, 2018
Enroll in a good university here, your choice of course should be any of the following; maths, statistics or engineering. Good luck
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by 1xgg: 2:55pm On Dec 30, 2018
O
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by evesdon4u: 2:58pm On Dec 30, 2018
SchoolZinicc:

You have Google right?

Then waste no time, deliberately start searching for American, European, Canadian or even Asian forums or Academic institutions to share ideas with.. Look for exams you could apply for, just be using your data to look outward instead of wasting it here for people to talk about betnaija to your hearing.

Advice : Never ever in your entire life smoke, drink or bet anything with anybody..

Believe it or not you are a unique kid and if you don't live your life in a unique ways better than what this environment provided you with then you will fail just like every other person.

For a start, if you have money, go and find a German language class and enroll in one...

Also check for that PTDF exam and apply to it..

But you must keep reading to be able to step onto new heights.

Best advise...take it!
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Emary(f): 2:59pm On Dec 30, 2018
virago:

This is where you all get it wrong a mathematical genius is quite different from a human calculator

Please, you are not in a position to classify his abilities as you have not tested them to know their range.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by BanjiHols(m): 3:03pm On Dec 30, 2018
Just get out of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by don4real18(m): 3:07pm On Dec 30, 2018
The internet can showcase your ability to the world. Shoot a pro video of your ability and upload on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram etc... People will definitely reach out to you

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by virago(f): 3:13pm On Dec 30, 2018
Emary:

Please, you are not in a position to classify his abilities as you have not tested them to know their range.

Bleep off my mentions Arrow
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by dprinz99(m): 3:14pm On Dec 30, 2018
Herlertah:

yeah, I can say I have limit, I can say I have people that are much better, buh 10 mins with me will leave you thinking about me for the rest of your day

Youngster,delce into big data;a part machine Learning and Artificial intelligence.
You will be happy you did this.
I'll personally guide you through Although I'm also new in AI

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by labani06(m): 3:22pm On Dec 30, 2018
grin grin my brother in terms of up stairs you are better than mark zuckerburg

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by falcon01: 3:25pm On Dec 30, 2018
crunchyg:

There is no justification in what you just said, if you go through the sections there are a lot of wonderful materials and wonderful people to interact with. Maybe you should get more used to Nairaland before concluding
how can you fix a problem if you cant accept? You and I and everyone else reading these knows we have this problem and you still oppose my stance!! What do you mean by that? On an average, Nigerians are stupid! Just take a look at the suggestions, no body is suggesting a section on nairaland it's all reddit, quora, and other white forum why Why I ask you? If what you say is true, the OP wont even create this topic we sir are F*cked up.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by falcon01: 3:26pm On Dec 30, 2018
FRoosevelt:
You're not going to find many Nairalanders that are interested in these intellectual discussions and topics.

I'll suggest you register on Reddit. That's like the American version of Nairaland, and more advanced. You're gonna find more than enough like-minded people and interesting ideas.
exactly!
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by hustler2828: 3:27pm On Dec 30, 2018
@op jump to www.quora.com create an account and ask this same question. You will get better answers from professionals. Also if I were you I would pursue a course on programming and computer science in general. With this ability of yours the sky is your starting point. Please follow this advice you are a rare gem don't let this gift of yours die.
And most importantly stay away from hard drugs, weed, and alcohol. Keep us updated on the results you got. I pray you find your path

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Cutiekatty: 3:31pm On Dec 30, 2018
Try sqore.com I think they could help
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Emary(f): 3:32pm On Dec 30, 2018
virago:

Bleep off my mentions Arrow

Wow! Such language from a female.
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by crunchyg: 3:35pm On Dec 30, 2018
falcon01:
how can you fix a problem if you cant accept? You and I and everyone else reading these knows we have this problem and you still oppose my stance!! What do you mean by that? On an average, Nigerians are stupid! Just take a look at the suggestions, no body is suggesting a section on nairaland it's all reddit, quora, and other white forum why Why I ask you? If what you say is true, the OP wont even create this topic we sir are F*cked up.
OK, you are right
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 30, 2018
chloride6:

Sorry to burst your bubble that's not a great skill.

I wouldn't hire someone just because he can calculate large numbers.

A great skill would be an astonishing understanding of mathematical theory.

Unless you can solve real life problems with that skill then ....

Dont get distracted.....

i thought i was the only one that noticed.
Why would you feel special over something N1000 calculator can do?
Adapt this skill of yours into something practical and make the best of it. Like computers for instance.
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by xcelentattitude(m): 3:42pm On Dec 30, 2018
dauddy97:
As I was reading the comments from the great topic, I saw your number. I am also into industrial mathematics from a state university. can i add your number so we Rob minds together. I am in 200lvl thought.

No problem sir.
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by chloride6: 3:43pm On Dec 30, 2018
nwanneni:
i thought i was the only one that noticed.
Why would you feel special over something N1000 calculator can do?
Adapt this skill of yours into something practical and make the best of it. Like computers for instance.

May praise singers not distract this guy..

He opted for a non-quantitative degree suggesting her doesnt really like number

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year / Adult Education: I Am Still Proud Of My Department Despite The Negative Comments / Www.nigerian University News.com: Latest News Updates From All Institutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.