Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

How Nigerian Banks Scam Us Daily - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Nigerian Banks Scam Us Daily (327 Views)

Ussd Codes For Nigerian Banks / Nigerian Banks Stop ATM Cash Withdrawal Abroad / How You Could Lose Access To Your Money In Nigerian Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Nigerian Banks Scam Us Daily by maxymalik: 11:36am On Dec 29, 2018
NIGERIAN BANKS AND HOW THEY FLEECE US.
I want to draw the attention of the general public to how our banks covertly and surreptitiously enrich themselves by pilfering and stealing from us without our knowledge.
ATM FRAUD
It is the duty of the bank to provide its customers with atm cards, yet we pay for it. The part the bemuses, befuddles and makes me livid is the expiry date attached to the cards. My question is this: Does my account have an expiry date? Does the money in my account expire? In saner climes your atm card is yours for life and no renewal charge.
Another aspect is when your ATM is swallowed up by an atm machine. Normally, if your card is swallowed up by the machine you walk up to the bank where it was seized to make a report and it's given back to you.
However in Nigeria every usual thing becomes unusual, every abnormal thing becomes normal,wrong becomes right, black becomes white and up becomes Dow. Here you are charged for the atm card again as though it was your fault that it was gulped by an atm machine; when it's issued after you being surcharged or debited, its expiry date is not extended.
On boxing date I had the harrowing and agonising experience of having to watch helplessly as an ATM � machine devoured my card. I walked up to the security to seek his help but he told me to go to my branch to get another one.
When I got to my bank the next day behold they were delighted to debit me for a new card.
UNNECESSARY DEBITS/DEDUCTIONS
It is not uncommon to observe incessant deductions on your account. This range from sms alerts, the use of other bank's Atm, money transfer using USSD CODE, internet money transfer just to mention but a few.
Remember this amount may seem Lilliputian to you but remember every sec people are being duped by these crooks.
How long shall we continue like this? Who will put an end to this rip off and fleece? When are we going to stand up to these capitalists and exploiters?
Ewedoma Isaac Maxwell
Re: How Nigerian Banks Scam Us Daily by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 29, 2018
@maxymalik

Thanks for sharing

As irritating as some of their staff can be, we also have to remember that banks are essentially BUSINESSES out to make a profit.

You mentioned capitalists

What issues do you have against capitalists really?

(1) (Reply)

Driver Needed For 2001 Sienna / How This Guy Flushed A 6 Figure Business Idea Down The Toilet Unknowingly / Pls Help (delivery Bike Services To Mainland Or Island)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.