Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station (41131 Views)

Ezra Olubi Buys Tesla With Vanity Plate Number R3T4RD. / Kalashnikov AK-47 Maker To Fight Tesla With This 1970s-styled Electric Supercar / Smart ForTwo Explodes After Owner Accidentally Fills Air Intake With Petrol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by Iamtony(m): 1:13pm On Dec 29, 2018
This is just to advertise the vehicle. Mtcheew
Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by MrTed(m): 1:13pm On Dec 29, 2018
And we are still importing PMS EVEN THOUGH WE ARE AN 'OIL RICH NATION'... WHEREAS OTHER COUNTRIES ARE CHARGING CARS.... GOD HELP NIGERIA. AMEN
Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by another1one: 1:14pm On Dec 29, 2018
obafemee80:

Just when you think you have seen it all ,a lady drove an all-electric Tesla Model S into a filling station and attempted to stick a fuel pump nozzle into the vehicle’s charge port.

After several attempts in trying to figure out how to refuel it,one of the guys inside the car behind her, who actually filmed the whole episode, walked up to her and explained to her that her battery-powered car needs an electric charge from an EV charging station and not petrol/diesel .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHPg2Mi2roI

It's probably not the lady's car with the way she tried inserting the fuel pump nozzle into the Tesla’s charge port...

Or maybe she taught the all-electric Tesla S is an hybrid that uses both petrol/diesel and batteries to run...

I hope the Tesla didn't run out of charge before she found an Electric Vehicle charging station .

https://autojosh.com/moment-a-confused-lady-tries-to-fill-her-tesla-with-petrol-at-a-filling-station/
that was tesla model Y

1 Like

Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by planetx: 1:16pm On Dec 29, 2018
Fake... how did she know that the Tesla needs petrol when it doesn't have a fuel gauge, and you can't open the charging port with a switch only through the menu.
Things people do for views on YouTube.

1 Like

Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by wagazala: 1:17pm On Dec 29, 2018
cescky:

Olga it's the developed world..they don't have salesman..it's automated

This is stale news by the way

Salesman who sold her the car. Petrol attendants aren't called salesmen Mr Developed world.

4 Likes

Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by franchasng: 1:19pm On Dec 29, 2018
Slay queens are the same all over the world; very intelligent people cheesy cheesy
Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by AkpaMgbor(m): 1:21pm On Dec 29, 2018
cescky:

Comprehend before replying..they don't call people at the filling station salesmen..he probably referred to the person who sold the car to the lady.

1 Like

Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by victrick105: 1:22pm On Dec 29, 2018
Very soon, crude oil will phase out just like coal, electric and solar energy sources will take over the world... And that is when the real suffering will Start in Nigeria, the government are not planning on shifting attention away from crude oil and focus on other sectors to generate revenue. In the next 30-40yrs if not sooner, crude oil will become old school and will be viewed the same way we view coal and wood today...and Nigeria might end up becoming poorer

1 Like

Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by uvie66: 1:23pm On Dec 29, 2018
Women and stupidity, every car in the world comes with a fuel gauge on the dashboard, it tells the driver when the car is low on fuel. So in am electric car there will be no fuel gauge.
Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 29, 2018
I hope Nigerians can see that, the other countries are evolving and sooner or later, electrically powered cars would take over. Well, it is a clarion call to implement new strategies to harness more areas that can boost our.... I can confirm that Nigeria only cultivates 40% of its arable lands. So what are we doing since, and the government keeps lying to you all that our Agric industry is keeping up with the rice production and all. They are father of all lies. Let us see what happens when Oil depletion happens. Keep laughing at your shame. undecided
Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by Legacy100: 1:25pm On Dec 29, 2018
What's his business?

Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by iyatrustee(f): 1:26pm On Dec 29, 2018
Decryptor:

It is not a solar powered vehicle. It is an EV.

Electrically powered right? Care to enlighten me a bit? Just like cars have diesel variants, they shld have the solar powered to for us grin grin
Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by sirusX(m): 1:27pm On Dec 29, 2018
victrick105:
Very soon, crude oil will phase out just like coal, electric and solar energy sources will take over the world... And that is when the real suffering will Start in Nigeria, the government are not planning on shifting attention away from crude oil and focus on other sectors to generate revenue. In the next 30-40yrs if not sooner, crude oil will become old school and will be viewed the same way we view coal and wood today...and Nigeria might end up becoming poorer

We need to focus on the future while leveraging on the past...learn from our mistakes and strive for a better future for our economy

But still....our government refuses the right to have foresight...just dwelling on what they can get for themselves at present
Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by notoriousbabe: 1:29pm On Dec 29, 2018
BlacSmit:
grin

If you can't use it, don't buy it.
that's just the reason I didn't boughted the car
Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 29, 2018
cescky:

grin grin grin Atimes e dey good to kipkwayet. See as you fool yourself now grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by Somatic(m): 1:30pm On Dec 29, 2018
uvie66:
Women and stupidity, every car in the world comes with a fuel gauge on the dashboard, it tells the driver when the car is low on fuel. So in am electric car there will be no fuel gauge.

Your Tesla would let you know that you're running low on battery power. The lady must have mistaken the warning alert for a low fuel warning hence her action. Did you consider that before insulting your mother?

1 Like

Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by BalogunIdowu(m): 1:35pm On Dec 29, 2018
I am just surprised that people judge easily!
She could just take someone's car out and was unaware it is electric, we do as if we don't get messed up at times!

Even though it's quite funny, it doesn't warrant I'll judgement!
Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by pressplay411(m): 1:35pm On Dec 29, 2018
Moreoffaith:

She lend it bro.

Lol OK. I didn't watch it till the end.
The guys laugh was just too infectious.
Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by ponti93(m): 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2018
The video is staged, all the signs are there
Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by Iyajison: 1:40pm On Dec 29, 2018
D car bin no get users manual..??
Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by Decryptor(m): 1:47pm On Dec 29, 2018
iyatrustee:

Electrically powered right? Care to enlighten me a bit? Just like cars have diesel variants, they shld have the solar powered to for us grin grin

An EV makes use of lithium ion battries which powers the engine when fully charged. The Battries can be recharged in an EV station when the stored energy has been used.

Solar vehicles are possible theoretically but not in practice. This is because the engine capacity of a mid-range to heavy duty vehicle can not be fully charged using solar panels. For a car to be powered by solar panels, it means that the panels have to be so much that it will cover almost the whole body of the vehicle which is not best practice and even if it does, it won't be enough. The only vehicles which have been successfully powered by solar are vehicles with small engines that need very little power to operate like golf cars.

Golf cars I mean are the ones that carry players in a golf course and not Volkswagen Golf you see in Nigeria o

2 Likes

Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by iamjavadem(m): 1:48pm On Dec 29, 2018
Why are you all assuming she bought the car and not maybe drove out her husband’s or friends car?
Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 29, 2018
EggSauce:
I'm sure she's African-American.... dem sabi dull and lousy ehn
Racist. She's white.
Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by streetfabulous: 1:55pm On Dec 29, 2018
Somatic:

Your Tesla would let you know that you're running low on battery power. The lady must have mistaken the warning alert for a low fuel warning hence her action. Did you consider that before insulting your mother?
grin grin grin nice response. We have too many bitter, frustrated, unhappy and judgemental folks all over the place giving twisted opinion on stuff they themselves know nothing about.
Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by EggSauce(m): 1:56pm On Dec 29, 2018
Chi59:

Racist. She's white.
[center][/center] grin grin grin
Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by cescky(m): 1:59pm On Dec 29, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

Comprehend before replying..they don't call people at the filling station salesmen..he probably referred to the person who sold the car to the lady.

For real?

Smh

You bought a shoe from my store and am supposed to teach you hiw to wear it? Lest i get into trouble?

Gtfoh lazy youth
Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by AkpaMgbor(m): 2:01pm On Dec 29, 2018
cescky:

For real?

Smh

You bought a shoe from my store and am supposed to teach you hiw to wear it? Lest i get into trouble?

Gtfoh lazy youth
Where did this Cretinous fvcktard crawl out from? Is a shoe and a car the same? What manner of education are nigerians being fed with these days?
Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by caye(m): 2:02pm On Dec 29, 2018
EggSauce:
I'm sure she's African-American.... dem sabi dull and lousy ehn
I CAN UNDERSTAND YOUR PREDICAMENT FRIEND
As you age faster, you're experiencing failing eye-sight, or is it an inability to repair your broken cheap China phone? Surely, we could do a fund- raiser on your behalf, and help uplift your dismal economic condition.
...take heart friend. Your situation won't be permanent.
Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by ajayiopy: 2:05pm On Dec 29, 2018
ALWAYS SLAYING,NO TIME TO READ USEFUL INFORMATIONS
Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by ksly24(m): 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2018
wagazala:
The salesman needs to get fired for this.
the petrol station is self service
Re: Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station by ksly24(m): 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2018
wagazala:
The salesman needs to get fired for this.
the petrol station is the self service kind

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Change Your Name, Twitter User To Innoson (PHOTO) / Mercedes Benz X Class Pickup Unveiled (photos And Video) / Range Rover Goes Up In Flames Near Third Mainland In Lagos. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.