Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw (10882 Views)

Lobi Stars Vs Mamelodi Sundown: CAF Champions League - 2 - 1 (Full Time) / Aper Aku Stadium Wears New Look Ahead Of CAF Champions League / Nigerian Players To Have Won CAF Champions League Title With Non-nigerian Clubs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw by robosky02(m): 3:20pm On Dec 29, 2018
CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars get tough draw

Nigeria’s sole campaigner in the CAF Champions League, Lobi Stars, have been handed a seemingly tough draw in the group stage of the competition.
At the draw ceremony conducted on Friday, the Nigeria’s flag bearer housed in Group A were pitched against the 2016 and 2017 champions, Mamelodi Sundowns of South Africa, and Wydad Casablanca of Morocco.
The Markurdi-based team will also be facing Horoya of Guinea.
Lobi, who qualified for the group stage of the competition for the first time since the year 2000, defeated Gor Mahia of Kenya in the last round of the competition.

Meanwhile, Rangers International of Nigeria have been drawn against Lesotho Premier League champion, Bantu FC, in the playoff stage of the CAF Confederation Cup.
Bantu FC will host the Flying Antelopes on January 11, 2019, while the second leg is scheduled a week later in Enugu.

CAF Champions League (Full Draw)

Group A:
Lobi Stars,
Wydad Casablanca,
ASEC Mimosas,
Mamelodi Sundowns

Group B:
FC Platinum,
Horoya,
Esperance,
Orlando Pirates

Group C:
TP Mazembe,
Club Africain,
Constantnois,
Ismailly

Group D:
Al Ahly,
Simba FC,
FS Saoura,
AS Vita

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/football/303196-caf-champions-league-nigerias-lobi-stars-get-tough-draw.html

Re: CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw by daveP(m): 3:32pm On Dec 29, 2018
Welcome back home.

11 Likes

Re: CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw by robosky02(m): 3:40pm On Dec 29, 2018
Lobi Stars manager, Solomon Ogbeide said his team would work hard to qualifier for the quarter finals of this season CAF Champions League inspite of their underdogs tag.

The Pride of Benue were drawn in Group A along with Ivory Coast’s ASEC Mimosas , Moroccan giants Wydad Casablanca and South African side Mamelodi Sundowns which many believes Is the toughest group.

Ogbeide said the draw is good for his team if they actually belong to the CAF Champions League class.

He said , “ It is a good draw for us because if we have to be champions we have to meet champions . It only tells us that we have to prepare well for the matches because they are close and will be tough. We have not been expecting anything less because no team at this stage of the competition is a pushover .“

The veteran coach added that with adequate preparation the team will excel and it doesn’t matter many refers to them as underdogs.

“We like the underdog tag that we have in the group and I think it will work well for us – it comes with no pressure .I only believe that Nigerians should support Lobi because they are representing the whole country in the competition at this stage and not only the club.

“We have begun preparations for the first match as we have started camping in Ijebu Ode ahead of the visit of the South Africans . It is a closed camping and we will work hard on correcting the mistakes we have observed in our previous matches to ensure that we are in good shape for the next set of matches.”

Lobi Stars will travel to South Africa on January 11 2019 for the first Group game of the competition.
Re: CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw by Ajibel(m): 3:51pm On Dec 29, 2018
Robosky, in group A, there are 4 clubs while the rest have three, and from the article, Lobi isn't in the same group with Horoya of Guinea.

Group A
Lobi Stars
ASEC Mimosas
Sundowns
Wydad Casablanca
Re: CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw by robosky02(m): 4:12pm On Dec 29, 2018
Ajibel:
Robosky, in group A, there are 4 clubs while the rest have three, and from the article, Lobi isn't in the same group with Horoya of Guinea.

Group A
Lobi Stars
ASEC Mimosas
Sundowns
Wydad Casablanca

Good one modified thanks

Let's go there cheesy

Do you think lobi can make impact
Re: CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw by Ajibel(m): 5:05pm On Dec 29, 2018
robosky02:

Good one modified thanks

Let's go there cheesy

I think they've reached their last destination. I wasn't even expecting them to get to the group stages.
They can pull a surprise though.

2 Likes

Re: CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw by taiocol: 5:10pm On Dec 29, 2018
Lobi stars should surprise me and make it to the next round grin grin
Re: CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw by robosky02(m): 5:12pm On Dec 29, 2018
Ajibel:

I think they've reached their last destination. I wasn't even expecting them to get to the group stages.
They can pull a surprise though.
I will it was the traditional Nigerian side like Eyimba

This lobi name can't scare anybody
Re: CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw by robosky02(m): 5:13pm On Dec 29, 2018
taiocol:
Lobi stars should surprise me and make it to the next round grin grin
surprise you said

Let hope so
Re: CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw by taiocol: 5:23pm On Dec 29, 2018
robosky02:
surprise you said

Let hope so

I wasn't expecting them to make it past the last round especially after that 3-1 defeat to Gor Mahia

I need to be surprised again
Re: CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw by AceGeraci: 6:20pm On Dec 29, 2018
Undercooked league champions. What a shame really.
Re: CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw by letsfarmnigeria: 6:25pm On Dec 29, 2018
really tough

but youths can now learn agriculture from the comfort of their home see videos and pics from farm ask questions and get answers all you need to do is log on to letsfarmnigeria..com for free

Re: CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw by Onyemadonald(m): 6:25pm On Dec 29, 2018
Lagos done tire me
Re: CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw by YungMillionaire: 6:26pm On Dec 29, 2018
grin IT IS FINISHED grin
Re: CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw by Khristian0(m): 6:26pm On Dec 29, 2018
so

Re: CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw by israelmao(m): 6:26pm On Dec 29, 2018
Nigerian clubs are disasters in CAF Championship League except Enyimba that won it back to back.
Re: CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw by YungMillionaire: 6:28pm On Dec 29, 2018
Onyemadonald:
Lagos done tire me

Why? Is it the traffic?
Re: CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw by Chukazu: 6:29pm On Dec 29, 2018
When exactly did Lobi win the league?
Re: CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw by cocobuter: 6:31pm On Dec 29, 2018
Go Into Your Room And Lock Everywhere Before Watching This Video >>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqZ0LoHbmVg&itct=CIMBEKQwIhMImLaO3MnD3wIVB3PgCh0Xswr1MgljNC1mZWVkLXVaGFVDNnMzMjlCR0RxaXFYVmNVN3YxaDVzUQ%3D%3D&hl=en&gl=NG&client=mv-google
Re: CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw by CuntMiner(m): 6:31pm On Dec 29, 2018
Onyemadonald:
Lagos done tire me
waoo,wot happening, tell me y
Re: CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw by taiocol: 6:36pm On Dec 29, 2018
Chukazu:
When exactly did Lobi win the league?
The league was not concluded due to issues at the glass house and Nigeria needed someone to represent her at the continental stage and Lobi stars being top of the table was picked to do the binding for us

2 Likes

Re: CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw by dominique(f): 6:36pm On Dec 29, 2018
So they've upgraded to four groups instead of two, that's good.

1 Like

Re: CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw by bizhop01: 6:59pm On Dec 29, 2018
Even if the give Nigerian club maximum point in their group without playing, the won't be able to win caf champions league.
Re: CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw by Ranchhoddas: 7:55pm On Dec 29, 2018
robosky02:

Good one modified thanks
Let's go there cheesy
Impact what? Na wuruwuru dem take beat Gor Mahia.
Re: CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw by Damfostopper(m): 8:01pm On Dec 29, 2018
welcome back Lobi stars.... you are only winning asec mimosa at home.... the other teams are flogging you home and away
Re: CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw by robosky02(m): 8:11pm On Dec 29, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Impact what?
Na wuruwuru dem take beat Gor Mahia.
see ehh
Be carefull

Re: CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:21pm On Dec 29, 2018
robosky02:

CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars get tough draw

Nigeria’s sole campaigner in the CAF Champions League, Lobi Stars, have been handed a seemingly tough draw in the group stage of the competition.
At the draw ceremony conducted on Friday, the Nigeria’s flag bearer housed in Group A were pitched against the 2016 and 2017 champions, Mamelodi Sundowns of South Africa, and Wydad Casablanca of Morocco.
The Markurdi-based team will also be facing Horoya of Guinea.
Lobi, who qualified for the group stage of the competition for the first time since the year 2000, defeated Gor Mahia of Kenya in the last round of the competition.

Meanwhile, Rangers International of Nigeria have been drawn against Lesotho Premier League champion, Bantu FC, in the playoff stage of the CAF Confederation Cup.
Bantu FC will host the Flying Antelopes on January 11, 2019, while the second leg is scheduled a week later in Enugu.

CAF Champions League (Full Draw)

Group A:
Lobi Stars,
Wydad Casablanca,
ASEC Mimosas,
Mamelodi Sundowns

Group B:
FC Platinum,
Horoya,
Esperance,
Orlando Pirates

Group C:
TP Mazembe,
Club Africain,
Constantnois,
Ismailly

Group D:
Al Ahly,
Simba FC,
FS Saoura,
AS Vita

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/football/303196-caf-champions-league-nigerias-lobi-stars-get-tough-draw.html
The Markurdi-based team will also be facing Horoya of
Guinea.see wat copy and paste can do shey horoya de lobi group...journalism kwa

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chelsea In Talks To Sign Atletico Madrid's Defender Stefan Savic / Sudan Defeats Nigeria 1-0 In The First Leg Of The 2019 Africa U23 Cup Of Nation / Nigeria Vs Egypt 2-0 (Women's Under 17 World Cup Qualifiers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.