Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,803 members, 7,813,637 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

Moving Abroad From Nigeria ? - The Untold Truth - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving Abroad From Nigeria ? - The Untold Truth (5062 Views)

Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada / Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? / 10 Things To Know Before Moving Abroad For Study - Nairalander Reveals. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moving Abroad From Nigeria ? - The Untold Truth by clone5(m): 4:33pm On Dec 29, 2018
Are you planning to move abroad from Nigeria? Watch this video to discover the untold truth. So many folks leave Nigeria based on misconceptions, lack of preparations and sometimes lies from friends and families, and by the time you arrive in the country of choice running back to Nigeria may become too late.

Many are stuck in foreign countries simply because of the "untold truth" about like overseas. Hopefully this will open the eyes of one or more persons.

Good luck with your plans smiley

Watch Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCmztq3_-7A
Re: Moving Abroad From Nigeria ? - The Untold Truth by speedyconnect3: 4:45pm On Dec 29, 2018
I feel one would be conceited to assume he reserves the prerogative to give advice on the propriety or otherwise of moving abroad.

Even in Nigeria, someone living in Lagos would be smug to assume he can give absolute pieces of advice about coming to Lagos, moving to Calabar or Abuja.

There are just too many imponderables.

There are people that moved to lagos because there are "opportunities" who today, after several years, have no 100k in their account.

Some moved and "made it. "

I think it's risk, kizmet and serendipity.

Some have been abroad for decades, yet nothing to "show" for it.

Some went and got established in a few years.

If you feel you should move, do. If you make it, fine.

If you don't, you take responsibility for your actions and inaction.

NOBODY HAS IT ALL FIGURED OUT AS NO ONE IS A CLAIVOYANT.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Moving Abroad From Nigeria ? - The Untold Truth by clone5(m): 5:04pm On Dec 29, 2018
speedyconnect3:
I feel one would be conceited to assume he reserves the prerogative to give advice on the propriety or otherwise of moving abroad.

Even in Nigeria, someone living in Lagos would be smug to assume he can give absolute pieces of advice about coming to Lagos, moving to Calabar or Abuja.

There are just too many imponderables.

There are people that moved to lagos because there are "opportunities" who today, after several years, have no 100k in their account.

Some moved and "made it. "

I think it's risk, kizmet and serendipity.

Some have been abroad for decades, yet nothing to "show" for it.

Some went and got established in a few years.

If you feel you should move, do. If you make it, fine.

If you don't, you take responsibility for your actions and inaction.

NOBODY HAS IT ALL FIGURED OUT AS NO ONE IS A CLAIVOYANT.

I disagree with your opening line as it is evident that you are comparing apples with oranges.

Firstly, your submission that "one would be conceited to assume he reserves the prerogative to give advice on the propriety or otherwise of moving abroad." is totally flawed as the premise of the video is absolutely nothing to do with such but instead bringing to light the untold truth that later destroy the lives of so many.

Migration within the states of Nigeria can't be compared with moving abroad. Life abroad is miles apart from what it is in Nigeria and if you watch the video, I indicated that it's not intended to dissuade or inflict fear but instead, it is to educate people, prompt them to think and do proper homework before embarking on the journey abroad.

I have lived abroad for donkey years, seen it all and to be very honest, my heart bleeds to see my people stuck, suffering and living in the shadow of a foreign country's system due to lack of "papers" which leads to no proper jobs, inability to access the medical facilities, inability to access a long list of things that the average citizen of that country will benefit from. Many while trying to survive sadly become faced with deportation (you may not be aware of this but it happens daily) and sometimes untimely death due to rough life.

Do you know the number of Nigerians that die trying to cross the ocean, desert, borders, or the number that get entrapped by Sex Traffickers (some willfully go abroad for sex trafficking but their number is very small). I have also seen many Nigerians that sold off their little but growing businesses in Nigeria, gave up their lucrative bank jobs etc in exchange for abroad life and when they land, they are soon trapped due to lack of "papers"....these are facts only and it doesn't mean life isn't about risks etc but the immigration loopholes like arranged marriages etc that worked easily in the past have become extremely difficult and if caught, prison sentences are severe inclusive of deportation which will mean grabbing your finger prints and sharing them across most European embassies, American and Canadian embassies to prevent you from entering the listed countries.....

The truth is a bitter pill to swallow but I am a true Nigerian and I don't see the harm in educating anyone who's willing to be informed.

9 Likes

Re: Moving Abroad From Nigeria ? - The Untold Truth by Originalsly: 9:30pm On Dec 29, 2018
Now a video to discourage us....but we shall not be discouraged.... we shall rush up the rose tree to gather roses just like you.... we don't want to hear about the thorns.... is it thorns we are going for?

I'm on the street...all day.... in and out of buildings all day and earlier part of the night.... I see many suffer because of lack of preparation. In Nigeria....people suffer...but they can afford to smile. I see them suffer here a whole lot...but they never be smiling...stone face 24/7......... trapped..... can't return even if they want to....can't raise the fare.

But.... this thread is like scattering seeds....some will fall on the rocks and will not spring root....some will fall on fertile soil and take root.

6 Likes

Re: Moving Abroad From Nigeria ? - The Untold Truth by Beautyaddy: 9:44pm On Dec 29, 2018
Originalsly:
Now a video to discourage us....but we shall not be discouraged.... we shall rush up the rose tree to gather roses just like you.... we don't want to hear about the thorns.... is it thorns we are going for?

I'm on the street...all day.... in and out of buildings all day and earlier part of the night.... I see many suffer because of lack of preparation. In Nigeria....people suffer...but they can afford to smile. I see them suffer here a whole lot...but they never be smiling...stone face 24/7......... [b]trapped[/b]..... can't return even if they want to....can't raise the fare.

But.... this thread is like scattering seeds....some will fall on the rocks and will not spring root....some will fall on fertile soil and take root.

Hmmm...how is that they are trapped?

It's the ones who have not legal presence to reside wherever they are residing are the ones that I don't feel pity for.

They can raise money to go back to their country of legal presence but will choose to not do so out of shame or being stubborn.

1 Like

Re: Moving Abroad From Nigeria ? - The Untold Truth by sodres: 9:55pm On Dec 29, 2018
OP what if I say to you that despite all his nonsense if I have the opportunity to move abroad USA even without a visa/passport, I won't think twice.

sufferness mah a$$. I don't have shishi on mah account and am not lazy, work just no paying
Re: Moving Abroad From Nigeria ? - The Untold Truth by Derriere(f): 10:13pm On Dec 29, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Hmmm...how is that they are trapped?

It's the ones who have not legal presence to reside wherever they are residing are the ones that I don't feel pity for.

They can raise money to go back to their country of legal presence but will choose to not do so out of shame or being stubborn.

"They can raise money to go back to their country of legal presence but will choose to not do so out of shame or being stubborn."

and you know this ,how? everyone's situation is different.Not sure there is much happening in their home countries either.They aren't in an ideal situation but its wrong to conclude they are stubborn or ashamed to return home.Some have NO choice.

2 Likes

Re: Moving Abroad From Nigeria ? - The Untold Truth by clone5(m): 3:33pm On Dec 30, 2018
Originalsly:

I'm on the street...all day.... in and out of buildings all day and earlier part of the night.... I see many suffer because of lack of preparation. In Nigeria....people suffer...but they can afford to smile. I see them suffer here a whole lot...but they never be smiling...stone face 24/7......... trapped..... can't return even if they want to....can't raise the fare.

Definitely not a video to discourage anyone but to educate. I am not sure you bothered to watch the entirety of the video before commenting smiley

Also read my response to "speedyconnect3" . Ignorance is thinking you will be fine when you get to the said destination without being equipped with knowledge and or the relevant information. Foreign countries have established ways of doing things and it's mostly rooted in being a permanent resident which allows you to benefit from the system.

2 Likes

Re: Moving Abroad From Nigeria ? - The Untold Truth by Originalsly: 3:46pm On Dec 30, 2018
clone5:

Definitely not a video to discourage anyone but to educate. I am not sure you bothered to watch the entirety of the video before commenting smiley

Did watch!.....but bro... that what some people be saying!....so all this kind look before you leap warnings enter one ear and immediately go out the other!... mind been made up to dash and leap off the first springboard they see.....guess in mid air they will look to see where they be landing.

2 Likes

Re: Moving Abroad From Nigeria ? - The Untold Truth by clone5(m): 8:15pm On Dec 30, 2018
Originalsly:

Did watch!.....but bro... that what some people be saying!....so all this kind look before you leap warnings enter one ear and immediately go out the other!... mind been made up to dash and leap off the first springboard they see.....guess in mid air they will look to see where they be landing.

I get what you mean smiley
Re: Moving Abroad From Nigeria ? - The Untold Truth by safex(m): 8:33pm On Dec 30, 2018
clone5:

Migration within the states of Nigeria can't be compared with moving abroad.

I have lived abroad for donkey years, seen it all and to be very honest, my heart bleeds to see my people stuck, suffering and living in the shadow of a foreign country's system due to lack of "papers" which leads to no proper jobs, inability to access the medical facilities, inability to access a long list of ...

@bolded
If you can't understand migration within Nigerian states, then how would you understand migration to overseas country?

So you wrote out of pity for those who left with desperation (which I believe makes people travel illegally)? Adding this clause from the beginning might have saved you from troubles.
Re: Moving Abroad From Nigeria ? - The Untold Truth by staga: 9:45pm On Dec 30, 2018
Anyone who wants to move abroad should not be discouraged by these naysayers. Do your research, prepare and take the leap.

Naija is a complete dungeon and if you do not have a means of making good money to provide a good livelihood for yourself, you are stuck. I have been in Senegal now for the past two weeks and power has not gone out even once. They have just struck oil; imagine what their country would be like once they start drilling it and putting the earnings from it to use.

Igbo guys dey for here dey do business and are making their money! All these people discouraging others from trying to make a decent living outside of the failed state of ours; na angel go give all of una better slap!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Abroad From Nigeria ? - The Untold Truth by clone5(m): 9:54am On Jan 10, 2019
staga:
Anyone who wants to move abroad should not be discouraged by these naysayers. Do your research, prepare and take the leap.

Naija is a complete dungeon and if you do not have a means of making good money to provide a good livelihood for yourself, you are stuck. I have been in Senegal now for the past two weeks and power has not gone out even once. They have just struck oil; imagine what their country would be like once they start drilling it and putting the earnings from it to use.

Igbo guys dey for here dey do business and are making their money! All these people discouraging others from trying to make a decent living outside of the failed state of ours; na angel go give all of una better slap!

How does asking people to be aware of what really happen abroad without papers translate to nay saying? This is precisely the reason why so many Nigerians are stuck and really suffering overseas. I truly understand what you mean about not having good means of living in Nigeria but if I may ask, what is your perception of the system abroad? You just get in and BANG it will all fall into your hands? Yes, basic amenities like electricity, water, good roads etc are there to be enjoyed but you have to pay for them....As clearly indicated in the video, not having papers will keep you in the shadow of the system and trust me, because the system and process is computerised and well documented unlike ours, navigating becomes a major trouble.

Here in the UK, without the right papers / status, you can't open a bank account, you can't get properly registered in the medical system known as NHS, you can't benefit from the educational system as they will need to verify your passport / status, you can't get a driver's licence and the list goes on......back in the years, many were able to beat the system one way or the other but now, it's hard as a rock and you will easily get busted. The moment all of these become impossible, you are automatically reduced to "odd jobs" and relying on fake documents which carry serious consequences....

These are pure facts and there's nothing you can do about it....Again, no one is asking you not to travel out but reality check will wake you up when you get abroad cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Moving Abroad From Nigeria ? - The Untold Truth by clone5(m): 9:59am On Jan 10, 2019
safex:

@bolded
If you can't understand migration within Nigerian states, then how would you understand migration to overseas country?

So you wrote out of pity for those who left with desperation (which I believe makes people travel illegally)? Adding this clause from the beginning might have saved you from troubles.

What gives you the impression that I don't understand Migration within Nigerian? and once again, you can't compare moving within the states of Nigeria with Migrating to an overseas country where you need entry clearance otherwise known as Visa to get in, permanent or limited residence to be able to navigate through the mostly computerised system that's heavily reliant on status / passport checks in order to gain approval and or validation for most things as stated in previous comments.

1 Like

Re: Moving Abroad From Nigeria ? - The Untold Truth by jesmond3945: 3:14pm On Jan 10, 2019
Op that you live in UK with its strict immigration system would not make you be in a position to advise people because your experience belongs to you and no one else. Afterall some illegal immigrants have already been allowed inside europe. Infact many europeans have signed the un migration pact. I bet you that some people in abroad without papers are even making more than you with papers or status. Go to youtube and you would see them. Infact a documentary was done about them. You cannot the quality of life in aborad with that in Nigeria and at the same time the human spirit is strong to adapt to any situation. What people without papers do is to collect their money in cash and if you have support communities who are ready to help you especially east asians and arabs who take care of their own in no distant time you are in big money. A white lady can fall in love and other thing follows. You can also join guys on the street till you get your feet. You can also claim asylum. The only thing I would say is at the beginning it would not be easy but if you are smart you will overcome.
Re: Moving Abroad From Nigeria ? - The Untold Truth by lindaayim(f): 6:38am On Jan 11, 2019
I watched the video and can relate with the producer's message. I live in the USA and have seen/heard so many misconceptions about life in the USA. My submission is he (the producer) offered an opinion based on experiences having lived in UK for a while. Its left for people to listen or not to the advice..........but not discredit his submission on life abroad.

4 Likes

Re: Moving Abroad From Nigeria ? - The Untold Truth by justwise(m): 8:10am On Jan 11, 2019
lindaayim:
I watched the video and can relate with the producer's message. I live in the USA and have seen/heard so many misconceptions about life in the USA. My submission is he (the producer) offered an opinion based on experiences having lived in UK for a while. Its left for people to listen or not to the advice..........but not discredit his submission on life abroad.

Bless you!! I'm surprised that many watched this video and still sees it as discouragement. The guy was stating some raw facts.

1 Like

Re: Moving Abroad From Nigeria ? - The Untold Truth by clone5(m): 6:44pm On Apr 25, 2019
justwise:

Bless you!! I'm surprised that many watched this video and still sees it as discouragement. The guy was stating some raw facts.

Nigerians see everything as negativity, even when you are being helpful grin
Re: Moving Abroad From Nigeria ? - The Untold Truth by Saintp(m): 9:14pm On Apr 25, 2019
But why would someone travel and stay in a country illegally? Is this not stupidity? It is still better to live in a shithole than stay illegally abroad.
If you must live abroad, then live legally and enjoy the sweetness else na suffer be that
Re: Moving Abroad From Nigeria ? - The Untold Truth by clone5(m): 8:35am On Apr 30, 2019
Saintp:
But why would someone travel and stay in a country illegally? Is this not stupidity? It is still better to live in a shithole than stay illegally abroad.
If you must live abroad, then live legally and enjoy the sweetness else na suffer be that

Well said....Sadly when you give a honest advice to Nigerians, they will take it the other way. The worst of all interpretations is you are trying to "block their blessings"...I guess it's an aftermath of what religion has done to logical reasoning.

(1) (Reply)

Doing Phd In Europe. Pls Share / Relocating To New Zealand / Man Shows How Hot Sudan Is By Frying Egg With Direct Heat From The Sun (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.