Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,421 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje (14877 Views)

Omawumi And Husband, Tosin Yusuf Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary (Photo) / Omawumi And Husband, Tosin Yusuf, Celebrate Their 3rd wedding Anniversary (Pix) / Caption This Photo Of Omawumi And Wizkid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by Jenniferblog(f): 1:18am On Dec 30, 2018
The Nigerian entertainment industry is full of catfights and many of the practitioners in the sector have openly accused their colleagues of being envious. However, there are some friendships that stand out in the industry and the one between singers, Waje and Omawumi, is one of them. They attend events together and their social media pages are also full of both of them engaged in different activities.

In a chat with Sunday Scoop, Waje revealed the secret of her friendship with Omawumi.

“When you meet someone who you shares the same tastes with and reasons alike with you, then you have every reason to be close to the person. We have both been through a lot together and she has proved to be a true friend time and again. Apart from music, we do a lot of things together and we understand each other so well. She is someone I can call a true friend. I actually have a media company that is into movies, and it is in partnership with her. You will hear more about it as time goes by,” she said.

Commenting on the trend of artistes making songs without edifying lyrics, Waje said,

“People are inspired by different things. You don’t have control over another person’s creative process. Meanwhile, this phenomenon is not peculiar to Nigeria; music is changing all over the world. However, there will always be people of like minds and when all of you speak in one voice, it is easier to effect change. There are a lot of women that create music that is impactful and drives a certain narrative into the new Nigeria that we are trying to build.”

source :

https://www.made4naija.com/2018/12/why-omawumi-and-i-have-remained-friends-waje/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by Jenniferblog(f): 1:19am On Dec 30, 2018
more
Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by dante0147: 5:22am On Dec 30, 2018
Doesn't change the fact that you still look like a dstv remote

1 Like

Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:25am On Dec 30, 2018
Two of the best in the game....

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by itspzpics(m): 5:31am On Dec 30, 2018
cheesy

Twitter User Claims Her 70yr Old Granny Got Engaged After 20yrs Of Being Single >>> SEE PHOTOS HERE

1 Like

Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by YovvInteriors(m): 5:38am On Dec 30, 2018
Other artistes should emulate this.. No need for beef.

Check my signature.

3 Likes

Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by Kokugraphics(m): 5:44am On Dec 30, 2018
Like terms attract.
They had it in them they were not the "Salary, Ferrari type". Great women they were. I loved all their songs.

14 Likes

Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by Richdad50(m): 5:58am On Dec 30, 2018
A good friend is like an old fine wine. When you both see after a long time of not keeping in touch, it is stress free as though there was never a communication gap.

Campus and workplace friends should not be considered as very close friends but if you must do, you should be careful. They are often there because you both share a common interest. The moment you are graduated or off the work you will see a significant drop in status of relationship.

The best friends you can ever have and must maintain are your secondary school and childhood friends (good guys). They never slip away but stay through life because they knew you before we all knew the phenomenom of 'common interest'. No wonder most alumi that survives are never campus/workplace but Secondary/Primary schools.

#Richdad

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by charleff512(m): 6:03am On Dec 30, 2018
I think both are also Itshekiri sisters.God bless your friendship!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by RevenGeMission: 6:04am On Dec 30, 2018
friends now beffers tomorrow

lifestyle of celebrity just make the best out of it
Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by Houseofglam7(f): 6:17am On Dec 30, 2018
smiley
Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by Kaydeexotic(m): 6:17am On Dec 30, 2018
charleff512:
I think both are also Itshekiri sisters.God bless your friendship!

Nope they are both from Edo state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by Richdad50(m): 6:19am On Dec 30, 2018
dante0147:
Doesn't change the fact that you still look like a dstv remote
Never throw darts at a woman's physique because of the insecurities she may have over her body rather, throw light and compliment on her efforts and she will work harder. She is an object of approval. Even the most beautiful still got insecurities.

I often find the incredible lack of wisdom and shadow knowledge most men have on the issues of a Woman's weight. The complexity of their body makes weight loss a very difficult process nevertheless, majority of them work hard to achieve their aim. Give them credit. The rigorcity of childbirth stretches every skin, slows down metabolism, and contours even the smoothest of areas. Love them.

#Richdad

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by pheely40: 6:24am On Dec 30, 2018
Kaydeexotic:

Waje is from Edo while Omawumi is Itshekiiri.

6 Likes

Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by Nobody: 6:27am On Dec 30, 2018
Kaydeexotic:

Waje is Edo while Omas is Delta

3 Likes

Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by Kaydeexotic(m): 6:35am On Dec 30, 2018
pheely40:

Waje is from Edo while Omawumi is Itshekiiri.

Ok thanks for the correction I appreciate cool

3 Likes

Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by Kaydeexotic(m): 6:35am On Dec 30, 2018
asuustrike1:

Waje is Edo while Omas is Delta

Thanks for the correction

3 Likes

Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by sumgelem(m): 6:50am On Dec 30, 2018
They are both single mothers.
Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by Enoch07: 6:54am On Dec 30, 2018
Hmmmm

Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by anambraamaka: 6:58am On Dec 30, 2018
Okay
Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by derrydinny: 7:09am On Dec 30, 2018
YovvInteriors:
Other artistes should emulate this.. No need for beef.

Check my signature.
without beef, the entertainment industry is rubbish
Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by Born2Breed(f): 7:13am On Dec 30, 2018
Dem be Bendel.

Girls from that part of Nigeria got a digbacious sense of humour, if you can laugh off certain things in a relationship it will definitely stand the test of time.

We sabi play and vex and play again. That's why we are who we are.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by johnabel123: 7:22am On Dec 30, 2018
Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by johnabel123: 7:23am On Dec 30, 2018
Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by Passionate888: 7:25am On Dec 30, 2018
M.I choppings that year.
Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by cocobuter: 9:09am On Dec 30, 2018
Go Into Your Room And Lock Everywhere Before Watching This Video >>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqZ0LoHbmVg&itct=CIMBEKQwIhMImLaO3MnD3wIVB3PgCh0Xswr1MgljNC1mZWVkLXVaGFVDNnMzMjlCR0RxaXFYVmNVN3YxaDVzUQ%3D%3D&hl=en&gl=NG&client=mv-google
Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by Efewestern: 9:14am On Dec 30, 2018
Kaydeexotic:

Omawumi is a Deltan, an itsekiri lady, while Waje is from EDo. I don't know how ethnicity.

1 Like

Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 30, 2018
post=74284938:
Two of the best in the game....
One hundred percent
Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by EgusiShankly: 9:42am On Dec 30, 2018
Kaydeexotic:

they are not
Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 30, 2018
Kaydeexotic:

Thanks for the correction
You are welcome
Re: Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje by sweetilicious(f): 10:06am On Dec 30, 2018
Richdad50:
A good friend is like an old fine wine. When you both see after a long time of not keeping in touch, it is stress free as though there was never a communication gap.

Campus and workplace friends should not be considered as very close friends but if you must do, you should be careful. They are often there because you both share a common interest. The moment you are graduated or off the work you will see a significant drop in status of relationship.

The best friends you can ever have and must maintain are your secondary school and childhood friends (good guys). They never slip away but stay through life because they knew you before we all knew the phenomenom of 'common interest'. No wonder most alumi that survives are never campus/workplace but Secondary/Primary schools.

#Richdad
Yeah.My secondary school mates attend weddings and events for every member.They contribute at least 2k( Minimum amount)for every event

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kemi Olunloyo Charges N50,000 To Be Followed On Twitter In 2019. / List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. / Stella Damasus And Daniel Ademinokan Celebrate 2nd Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.