Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,051 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice (16991 Views)

I Finished My Salary Before 24hrs (picture) / Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary / Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by Holybwoy: 6:15am On Dec 30, 2018
I don taya. Two months into this job and I am already looking for a greener pasture. I was happy when the offer I received from the firm tripled my previous salary but it's a different story entirely since I started receiving bank alerts.

First, they pay salary 5th of the next month which we complained about but the HR (a Chinese) said that's how it is even in their headquarters in China. The first salary I received, dude claimed it was because I resumed Nov 12 and not the first day of the month. I chilled and let it pass.

I wasn't even expecting my salary again at all this year and around 4am when I woke up to pee, I checked my phone only to see an alert from my bank. It was from my workplace. About 40% deductions was made again. I am just waiting for day to break so I can grill the HR but then I am sure he'd look for ways to justify the deductions.

I didn't miss any work day this month. I don't want to give more indepth info cos many of my colleagues at work are Nairalanders and they might snitch on me.

What do you lovely people suggest I do? How will a chinko be subjecting me to 21st century slavery? I know end-of-the-year bonuses. I have never heard of deductions in my life.

12 Likes

Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:21am On Dec 30, 2018
Get to work first and see the excuse he is going to give you this time around......then you will take it it from there.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by Olalan(m): 6:27am On Dec 30, 2018
OP hear the reason first before making any conclusion on this issue....
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by ValCon888: 6:27am On Dec 30, 2018
I'd advice you to take a very close look at your employment contract again.

In your excitement at tripling your previous salary, you probably may have rushed off to sign something which has led to this situation.

67 Likes

Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by Holybwoy: 6:31am On Dec 30, 2018
Olalan:
OP hear the reason first before making any conclusion on this issue, just maybe it's a bonus that was paid

Bonus? are you kidding? the text reads "Salary for December from XXXX"..

1 Like

Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by femidejulius(m): 6:50am On Dec 30, 2018
Capitalists. Always ready to pay less for more.

They trick you to leave former employment with promises of better salary. When you start working with them, they gradually reduce your salary till you go home with nothing significant. You then start to regret leaving your last employment but you can't go back to it.

Not everything is about money.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 30, 2018
This is why I always try to ensure that, somehow, somewhere, and assuredly -

I have an Army man's phone number in my phone.

No bad songs (Beatings).

13 Likes

Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by Kenzico(m): 6:52am On Dec 30, 2018
angry
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by carzola(m): 6:55am On Dec 30, 2018
First of all buy drink for us!!

That's what you should do first.

4 Likes

Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by Holybwoy: 9:31am On Dec 30, 2018
lalsticlala..

I need more views.. please help
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by Cigo1(m): 3:27pm On Dec 30, 2018
Yellow nighas.

If I was you I wouldn't complain. The Chinese are very adept at downsizing
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by CrazeMan69(m): 3:27pm On Dec 30, 2018
My advice depends on if you are a guy or gal ... If you are a gal suck him off grin chinkos dig that sh*t grin
If you are a guy resign if the money no do you and see as some people here go follow rush the work. wink
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by kindlyStfu: 3:27pm On Dec 30, 2018
Holybwoy:

How will a chinko be subjecting me to 21st century slavery?

Good to know that you are sensible enough to understand that it's SLAVERY to work for a foreigner in your country while you are exploited, and your only solution is to complain not to him but to your fellow countrymen

Grow some balls and talk to the sleepy eyed niga

21 Likes

Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by hemartins(m): 3:28pm On Dec 30, 2018
Before you accepted the offer, you should have done proper background check. I don't just jump at offers no matter how juicy it might be.
I choose my boss and not the job. If my boss has a reputation for bad qualities, I ain't accepting.

3 Likes

Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by Yuceeluv(f): 3:28pm On Dec 30, 2018
How is the turn up of the organisation's dealings? Is it making visible profits? You know attimes,from the welfare of the organisation, you can put two and two together. You also said the offer was like triple your salary from previous work so if I'm not mistaken,double deductions shouldn't be so far away from what you are used to.

..I'm not saying, accept whatever crumbs you are fed but if you feel you are unjustly treated as compared to what the company is making, follow up the issue wisely and PATIENTLY...gragra has never paid. Plus someone somewhere is more than willing to accept what you are presently being given.

In the end,if you must,just make sure you have something to fall back on before you attempt to leave.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 30, 2018
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by Auxtin85(m): 3:28pm On Dec 30, 2018
Beat him up
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by Emperor2463(m): 3:28pm On Dec 30, 2018
How you can make thousands of Naira in 2019, to know how and take steps please kindly click this link... http://legitnewsblog..com/2018/12/referng-2019-millionaire-assurance-make.html
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by ekestic1976(f): 3:29pm On Dec 30, 2018
It's modern-day slavery, Man mi; that's the name of the game. It's going to be an extended experience if you fail to realise that God would have provided another job for you if the China man wasn't around. So, if you don't like it, reject it!
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by datola: 3:30pm On Dec 30, 2018
^All that glitters is not gold"

That is the moral of the story.
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by justuschi50: 3:31pm On Dec 30, 2018
guy if u are working for a Chinese u need to be careful because they don't care of their worker welfare, and any u need to be at your altmost loyalty for china going with loyalty why d west goes with quality and your service u give then
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by MrSix: 3:31pm On Dec 30, 2018
Advice?
Report the mf

I sell Grade1 USA used Laptops
Details in my signature
Serious persons only...no chat me up if u no serious abeg.

1 Like

Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by KingLennon(m): 3:33pm On Dec 30, 2018
Go and talk to him again if things does not change just gather people and scare him a little. This is our country he need to behave you fit call me for the plot, I don't like chinese...

2 Likes

Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by Xchangemadeeasy: 3:33pm On Dec 30, 2018
I think I will have to add something to what is going on here

1. Since you said they pay like 5th of next month and its not that time yet, its possible they are paying some now because of the festivities and the balance at the normal time because 40% deduction at any point is not reasonable and also the first month is understandable.

2. You might want to check with your colleagues to have a perfect understanding of what is really going on because capitalist might be funny. They can say because you have closed for the year, they are prorating your remuneration. #my opinion...

11 Likes

Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 30, 2018
thay want u to resign

2 Likes

Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by ksam(m): 3:35pm On Dec 30, 2018
hg
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by YorubaEmir: 3:35pm On Dec 30, 2018
wink It's a breach of contract but let's hear what the HR has to say before we jump to conclusions
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 30, 2018
Holybwoy:
I don taya. Two months into this job and I am already looking for a greener pasture. I was happy when the offer I received from the firm tripled my previous salary but it's a different story entirely since I started receiving bank alerts.

First, they pay salary 5th of the next month which we complained about but the HR (a Chinese) said that's how it is even in their headquarters in China. The first salary I received, dude claimed it was because I resumed Nov 12 and not the first day of the month. I chilled and let it pass.

I wasn't even expecting my salary again at all this year and around 4am when I woke up to pee, I checked my phone only to see an alert from my bank. It was from my workplace. About 40% deductions was made again. I am just waiting for day to break so I can grill the HR but then I am sure he'd look for ways to justify the deductions.

I didn't miss any work day this month. I don't want to give more indepth info cos many of my colleagues at work are Nairalanders and they might snitch on me.

What do you lovely people suggest I do? How will a chinko be subjecting me to 21st century slavery? I know end-of-the-year bonuses. I have never heard of deductions in my life.

Q
May be it just a Christmas bonus and not your salary

2 Likes

Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by cbrass(m): 3:36pm On Dec 30, 2018
Let us see your employment letter...

N:B guys be careful when collecting a job from these Chinese guys, they are worse than Nigerians

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by BrokenCock: 3:37pm On Dec 30, 2018
Foreigners always treating us as slaves in our own country. Guy! Go plank the mafafaka bald head. This has to stop!!!
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by publicenemy(m): 3:38pm On Dec 30, 2018
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? / Nigeria Immigration Service Application Forms On Sale For The 2012/13 Intake / Does Your Income Seem Insufficient? Here’s How You Can Boost It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.