Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice (16989 Views)

I Finished My Salary Before 24hrs (picture) / Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary / Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by PropertyCentral: 3:42pm On Dec 30, 2018
40% deduction? How is that possible? Are you owing the company?
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by neoph(m): 3:42pm On Dec 30, 2018
Calm down and use your head.

Say you were making 50k per month at the previous job.

With 3 times increase, it means you are now due 150k per month.

With the deductions you alluded to of ca. 40%, you are at 90k.

That is still nearly double of the previous job.

#Read the 40 Rules of Power.

Go see HR, tell the person that you would like a printout of your December wages and deductions. Then study it carefully and also review your contract. If you want further advice, blank out your name and the company name, address, blank out any other identifying information and post it here, let's see what exactly they are doing.

Let's look to change our MILT outlook on life, but lets also work from a point of knowledge and level headedness...

4 Likes

Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by Athena4: 3:50pm On Dec 30, 2018
CrazeMan69:
My advice depends on if you are a guy or gal ... If you are a gal suck him off grin chinkos dig that sh*t grin
If you are a guy resign if the money no do you and see as some people here go follow rush the work. wink
Guy ,shey na dis kind advice you fit give your pikin or family member? Even as joke e no funny. Haba.

2 Likes

Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by PrinceBBlack(m): 3:53pm On Dec 30, 2018
CrazeMan69:
My advice depends on if you are a guy or gal ... If you are a gal suck him off grin chinkos dig that sh*t grin
If you are a guy resign if the money no do you and see as some people here go follow rush the work. wink
so funny that someone sought advice and this is what you can offer

1 Like

Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by CrazeMan69(m): 3:56pm On Dec 30, 2018
PrinceBBlack:
so funny that someone sought advice and this is what you can offer
Check the moniker... Nothing good can come from a crazy fellow grin
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by PrinceBBlack(m): 3:57pm On Dec 30, 2018
Holybwoy:
I don taya. Two months into this job and I am already looking for a greener pasture. I was happy when the offer I received from the firm tripled my previous salary but it's a different story entirely since I started receiving bank alerts.

First, they pay salary 5th of the next month which we complained about but the HR (a Chinese) said that's how it is even in their headquarters in China. The first salary I received, dude claimed it was because I resumed Nov 12 and not the first day of the month. I chilled and let it pass.

I wasn't even expecting my salary again at all this year and around 4am when I woke up to pee, I checked my phone only to see an alert from my bank. It was from my workplace. About 40% deductions was made again. I am just waiting for day to break so I can grill the HR but then I am sure he'd look for ways to justify the deductions.

I didn't miss any work day this month. I don't want to give more indepth info cos many of my colleagues at work are Nairalanders and they might snitch on me.

What do you lovely people suggest I do? How will a chinko be subjecting me to 21st century slavery? I know end-of-the-year bonuses. I have never heard of deductions in my life.

Bros, first of all, be sure to read up your letter of engagement... its really very important before you start asking questions. If you are very sure the deductions are not letitimate, you can then appoach your HR and also the breakdown of your deductions... some companies like Nigerian Breweries and British American Tobacco have higher taxation due to alcohol and cigarette and so they dont pay tax percentage like the regular citizens. Please be sure of that before you make conclusions
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by EmekaBlue(m): 3:59pm On Dec 30, 2018
Thats how the idiots behave
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by LegalOpinion: 4:02pm On Dec 30, 2018
TarOrfeek:

This is why I always try to ensure that, somehow, somewhere, and assuredly -

I have an Army man's phone number in my phone.

No bad songs (Beatings).

It only shows how poorly educated you are about the law.

Wait until your army friends beat up a learned fellow and see where it will lead YOU to.

3 Likes

Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by PrinceBBlack(m): 4:06pm On Dec 30, 2018
CrazeMan69:

Check the moniker... Nothing good can come from a crazy fellow grin
lol... u be craze person. But make we give am advise na
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by Judybash93(m): 4:11pm On Dec 30, 2018
kindlyStfu:

Good to know that you are sensible enough to understand that it's SLAVERY to work for a foreigner in your country while you are exploited, and your only solution is to complain not to him but to your fellow countrymen

Grow some balls and talk to the sleepy eyed niga

That's racist bro
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by Originalsly: 4:25pm On Dec 30, 2018
Guy....the company pays on the 5th.....that's their policy. Dec 5 was the first pay day since you were hired.... were you expecting full salary regardless of your employment date?...full salary regardless if you started Nov 12 or 21?

On 40% deduction......how you figured it was a deduction and not pay advance because of Christmas?.....do you even know if it is a Christmas bonus?...afterall...pay day is January 5. Guess you are not used to working with companies that follow international best practices.

3 Likes

Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by afrikanmodels: 4:25pm On Dec 30, 2018
Confirm with your HR first.

Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by Sholaco: 4:28pm On Dec 30, 2018
How much s ur salary? You r to tell the figures so we could advice u proper
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by smasher1(m): 4:53pm On Dec 30, 2018
Holybwoy:
I don taya. Two months into this job and I am already looking for a greener pasture. I was happy when the offer I received from the firm tripled my previous salary but it's a different story entirely since I started receiving bank alerts.

First, they pay salary 5th of the next month which we complained about but the HR (a Chinese) said that's how it is even in their headquarters in China. The first salary I received, dude claimed it was because I resumed Nov 12 and not the first day of the month. I chilled and let it pass.

I wasn't even expecting my salary again at all this year and around 4am when I woke up to pee, I checked my phone only to see an alert from my bank. It was from my workplace. About 40% deductions was made again. I am just waiting for day to break so I can grill the HR but then I am sure he'd look for ways to justify the deductions.

I didn't miss any work day this month. I don't want to give more indepth info cos many of my colleagues at work are Nairalanders and they might snitch on me.

What do you lovely people suggest I do? How will a chinko be subjecting me to 21st century slavery? I know end-of-the-year bonuses. I have never heard of deductions in my life.

If your present salary after deductions is higher than your previous, then stay. You can leave after six months or a year when you get some thing better
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by janejive(f): 4:54pm On Dec 30, 2018
Ask Mr. China why the salary deductions, buy if he doesn't give a cognitive reason, don't over react, manage the job till you get something better, don't leave this job to sit at home. Think.
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by smasher1(m): 4:54pm On Dec 30, 2018
neoph:
Calm down and use your head.

Say you were making 50k per month at the previous job.

With 3 times increase, it means you are now due 150k per month.

With the deductions you alluded to of ca. 40%, you are at 90k.

That is still nearly double of the previous job.

#Read the 40 Rules of Power.

Go see HR, tell the person that you would like a printout of your December wages and deductions. Then study it carefully and also review your contract. If you want further advice, blank out your name and the company name, address, blank out any other identifying information and post it here, let's see what exactly they are doing.

Let's look to change our MILT outlook on life, but lets also work from a point of knowledge and level headedness...

Your response is absolutely correct
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by pjecly: 4:56pm On Dec 30, 2018
This is guy should find out the reason first before coming on air to say anything.

At least there must be reason for the deduction
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by Halogenonimisi(m): 4:57pm On Dec 30, 2018
Brother, I advise you to report to Brekete family on this number 0803 322 1149 but they hardly pick calls EXCEPT of you are lucky and this is because alot of people are calling, if you are able to reach them I promise you by the grace of God everything will resolve, Even you first salary will be refunded, you can also report to public complains commission, or you can reach me on 08100255103 incase of any challenges, I hope this would help, but pls try as much as possible to reach out to Brekete family.

all the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by Greatzeus(m): 4:58pm On Dec 30, 2018
Xchangemadeeasy:
I think I will have to add something to what is going on here

1. Since you said they pay like 5th of next month and its not that time yet, its possible they are paying some now because of the festivities and the balance at the normal time because 40% deduction at any point is not reasonable and also the first month is understandable.

2. You might want to check with your colleagues to have a perfect understanding of what is really going on because capitalist might be funny. They can say because you have closed for the year, they are prorating your remuneration. #my opinion...
At last a sensible and accurate answer. Case closed.
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by chinchum(m): 5:18pm On Dec 30, 2018
If you started work on the 12th of a month, you shouldnt expect to be paid a whole month salary. Your salary will be prorated.the first case will be highly justified. For the second payment, you will have to find out... Take note taxes , pension, will justifiably fall under deduction, but it shouldnt be as much as 40%. All things being equal.
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by Beetobee(f): 6:22pm On Dec 30, 2018
Holybwoy:

Make a complaint to the Public Complaint Commission in your state. They handle such administrative injustice and the law empowers them to investigate both public and private offices.
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by yasolan(m): 6:28pm On Dec 30, 2018
Very simple
1. Confirm if it's your monthly salary, because you said they pay 5th of the month. Ask other colleagues if they got alert and use style to ask if it's salary or December Bonus
2. Ask the chinko HR. Funny how a chinko will be HR in Nigeria.
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by meadaca: 6:34pm On Dec 30, 2018
Please be patient and find out the reason, don't be too quick to jump into conclusion.
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by Bass123(m): 7:21pm On Dec 30, 2018
If you live in abuja get yourself to human rights radio look for Ahmad sani the berekete president report to him he will fight for you even get them sued if you are ready to fight with him. The only thing I'd tell you is get you facts right because he is a no nonsense man. Get enough proofs you might get a SAN for free to stand for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by Bass123(m): 7:24pm On Dec 30, 2018
Seconded you can go on twitter @CPCNig and report to them. quote author=Beetobee post=74301903]

Make a complaint to the Public Complaint Commission in your state. They handle such administrative injustice and the law empowers them to investigate both public and private offices.[/quote]
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by Adebowhales(m): 8:05pm On Dec 30, 2018
I will assume that you earn 18k monthly in your former company. Since the description of the letter stated 'Dec salary' then it is. Perhaps paid earlier due to the festive season.
There is little you can do about it. Manage them while you search for a better place to work.
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by henrysolution(m): 8:07pm On Dec 30, 2018
it's normal, instead of downsizing staff they decide to cut the pay, They did wrong by not telling you.
OP the BUHARI syndrome has finally reached you, when they say 20 million jobless folks are out there, it's not a propaganda
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by DavidEsq(m): 8:10pm On Dec 30, 2018
carzola:
First of all buy drink for us!!

That's what you should do first.
OP, abeg my brand na Gulder o cheesy. I canor com an be shouting anyhow o cheesy
Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by DavidEsq(m): 8:13pm On Dec 30, 2018
Bass123:
If you live in abuja get yourself to human rights radio look for Ahmad sani the berekete president report to him he will fight for you even get them sued if you are ready to fight with him. The only thing I'd tell you is get you facts right because he is a no nonsense man. Get enough proofs you might get a SAN for free to stand for you.
jus negodu! Ordinary Ahmed Isah does not use and cannot afford SANs, u hear?

Re: My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice by Lordspicy(m): 8:46pm On Dec 30, 2018
beat life comot from him yellow body, see as you be slave for your own country. can you try that shiit in China?
you dey ask us for advice... *spits*
too many cowards hiding behind "gentleman"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? / Nigeria Immigration Service Application Forms On Sale For The 2012/13 Intake / Does Your Income Seem Insufficient? Here’s How You Can Boost It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.