Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,858 members, 7,817,541 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Homeless 64-year-old Actress Gets Help From AGN - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Homeless 64-year-old Actress Gets Help From AGN (633 Views)

Queeneth Hilbert Biography And Networth; Why She Was Suspended From AGN / Dede Nne In 'Spell Collins, Okorocha, Buhari’ Video Gets Help (Photos) / Meet 17yr Old Actress Regina Daniels's Boyfriend, He Call Her His Wife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Homeless 64-year-old Actress Gets Help From AGN by lilian789: 6:18am On Dec 30, 2018
At the Artiste Village, National Theatre in Iganmu, Lagos, Agnes Molokwo is a known face. Popularly called Mama, the 64-year-old actress sleeps and works there. But recently, the Actors Guild of Nigeria, Lagos Chapter, led by Don Pedro Obaseki, gave her shelter.

In a chat with Sunday Scoop, Molokwo expressed joy that she had not been abandoned and forgotten. She said, “I am so happy that after five years of sleeping in the cold at the National Theatre, I spent this year’s Christmas in my own house. For years now, I have been squatting. It has not been easy for me, but I thank God for today.

During the preparation for our artiste week, I called the chairman (Don Pedro) to tell him that I preferred money to an award. I told him about my plight and he promised they would do something about it. When he saw where I was squatting, he was shocked.”

While appreciating an agent, who had accommodated her for years, Molokowo recalled how she would wake up early in the morning to have her bath before everyone resumed for the day’s work.

She added, “I am grateful to God and I thank AGN for showing me care. They did not take me as an artist but their mother. When there was no place for me to stay, my agent asked me to be sleeping in his office.”

Source: See How Homeless 64-year-old actress gets help from AGN
Re: Homeless 64-year-old Actress Gets Help From AGN by lilian789: 6:21am On Dec 30, 2018
Modified*

lalasticlala
Re: Homeless 64-year-old Actress Gets Help From AGN by lilian789: 10:23pm On Dec 30, 2018
Nice one AGN

(1) (Reply)

Bahati Proposes To Wife, Diana Marua Again / Nigerian Soldiers Forcefuly Removed Forces 2oman To Remove Her Baby's Pant / Cardi B's Savage Reply To Conservative Commentator Tomi Lahren

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.