Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,373 members, 7,853,666 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:12 PM

Huge Bald Eagle Visited A Football Match In Texas, Lands On Fans Shoulder. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Huge Bald Eagle Visited A Football Match In Texas, Lands On Fans Shoulder. (513 Views)

Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos / Types Of Nigerians You Will See At A Football Viewing Centre (Memes) / Referee Kills Player In Malawi During A Football Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Huge Bald Eagle Visited A Football Match In Texas, Lands On Fans Shoulder. by Newsblenda(m): 2:13pm On Dec 31, 2018
Two American football fans got the surprise of their lives on Saturday when a North American bald eagle went rogue at a college football game in Texas, and decided to perch in the crowd.

The sizeable bird, which goes by the name of Clark, was apparently meant to fly around the stadium during the national anthem, before a 90,000-strong crowd watched the Cotton Bowl, the college football playoff semi-final between Notre Dame Fighting Irish and the Clemson Tigers.

But instead of landing near his handler, he made straight for Notre Dame fan Albert Armas.

Mr Armas, 42, later admitted he was scared when the huge bird took hold of his shoulder.

His 13-year-old son Jaysen, who got tickets to the game for Christmas, spent 20 joyful seconds chuckling at his dad's expense.

Pictures and footage from the AT&T Stadium in Arlington show fellow fans cheering and whipping out their phones to capture the unusual moment.

Clark wasn't content with visiting one spectator, however - and a second Notre Dame fan, Tuyen Nguyen, was delighted to lend an arm.

He told Sports Illustrated: "When I saw the bird land [on Armas], I thought the bird had to be very tired. So I put my hand out to see what happens. And it landed on me. It was very interesting. I was very excited. It was amazing, I couldn't even believe it."

Spare a thought for his wife Kim, though - she had gone to the toilet and missed the whole thing.

Kimberley Martin, a senior NFL writer for Yahoo Sports, shared the scene on Twitter, where some called it a good omen for Notre Dame.

Nobody was injured by the bird's unplanned antics, and Clark himself was successfully retrieved by his handlers.

And as for the omen? Sadly for Notre Dame, Clemson still beat them 30-3.​​​​​

Watch the video below and please leave your comment!

CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO: http://newsblenda.com/post/football/video-huge-bald-eagle-visited-a-football-match-in-texas-lands-on-fans-shoulder.html

Re: Huge Bald Eagle Visited A Football Match In Texas, Lands On Fans Shoulder. by fringz11(m): 2:24pm On Dec 31, 2018
No parking
Keep moving

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Mayweather Earns $9M In 139 Seconds After Beating Tenshin Nasukawa / Everton Vs Manchester City 0-2 - Highlights & Goals (download Video) / Champions League Last 16 Power Rankings: Who Is The Most In-form Team?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.