Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (536) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2190744 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by doctimi(m): 9:08pm On Jan 28, 2022
PM me,

lasignor:
Hello guys. I need a little help.

Please, does anyone know a very good settlement agency in the GTA? Agent that can help newcomers with airport pick-up, help with SIN, bank accounts, buying a SIM card and internet, renting an apartment and so on?

We are ready to pay for these services. Thanks a lot.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SwayB(m): 9:16pm On Jan 28, 2022
doctimi:
PM me,

hello just went through your profile. do you by any chance still have a room for rent in kitchener?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Daewoods(m): 1:16am On Jan 29, 2022
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by LoyeeB(m): 2:43pm On Jan 29, 2022
Hi Daewoods,

Also looking for an accommodation around Humber College, can we connect?

Daewoods:
Any available place for rent close to Humber college, I'm interested, please reach out to me, thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by username12: 5:10pm On Jan 29, 2022
Hello guys, I need help with accommodation in Toronto, precisely close to Yorkland area, Lambton college or Seneca college.

Any helpful tips will be very appreciated

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by username12: 6:21pm On Jan 29, 2022
Hello,

I'll be arriving Toronto in April with a female friend. Do you have room sharing opportunities for both male and female students in Toronto, Yorkland, precisely?
orobs93:

How far open to sharing ?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lasignor(m): 6:35pm On Jan 29, 2022
doctimi:
PM me,

Right away, thanks.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lasignor(m): 6:41pm On Jan 29, 2022
ednut1:
welcome to Canada, land of DIY
Massive advocate of this but we're worried about winter.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 6:52pm On Jan 29, 2022
lasignor:
Massive advocate of this but we're worried about winter.
with thermal, thick sweater and a standard -30 winter jacket you wont feel any cold grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by orobs93(m): 8:58pm On Jan 29, 2022
username12:
Hello,

I'll be arriving Toronto in April with a female friend. Do you have room sharing opportunities for both male and female students in Toronto, Yorkland, precisely?

Na sorry

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lasignor(m): 12:14am On Jan 30, 2022
ednut1:
with thermal, thick sweater and a standard -30 winter jacket you wont feel any cold grin
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Techbrotomiwa: 3:20am On Jan 30, 2022
RBC used to have the $300 promo but they've replaced it with free iPad when you sign up and do a few things. There's a post here on all the newcomer offerings of each bank>> https://livingincad.com/best-banks-for-newcomers-in-canada/
Sashafiercediva:
hello guyz, please what bank offers 500cad or so instant interest for Newcomers account in canada? i saw something like that a while ago before landing? pls respond urgently. i need to make the best decision as regards the bank with the best packages. thank you.

cc-ednut1

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by phumie001: 6:57pm On Jan 30, 2022
Subleasing a 2 Bedroom apartment available for 1 March but can move in 18
February. Location!!! Location!!!
2 bedrooms
1 bath
Patio
Water included in rent
1 free Parking Stall
Insuite Laundry
Close to schools
Near to public transportation
Close to Southdale Mall, St. Anne Road .Winnipeg. Manitoba.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by egobetatoday: 2:20am On Jan 31, 2022
TheSeventeenth:
If you mean credit limit, I got $2000 from RBC.
The guy did seem flexible like he could have done more if there were reasons to (In my head). It's their newcomer package.

Hope this helps.

Pls, do I need to open current /savings account to be considered for their credit card as a new immigrant
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by TheSeventeenth: 2:31am On Jan 31, 2022
Just tell them it’s the new comer package. It’s a chequing account (if you’re doing RBC).

egobetatoday:

Pls, do I need to open current /savings account to be considered for their credit card as a new immigrant
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by egobetatoday: 2:32am On Jan 31, 2022
[quote author=Blackbuddy post=109748051]

You're referring to a credit card which can come with different credit limits depending on your profile. Some banks may start you with less and some may start you with more.

See links to the newcomer packages from the big 5 banks,

https://startright.scotiabank.com/newcomers.html

https://www.rbc.com/newcomers/

https://www.cibc.com/en/journeys/banking-offers-for-newcomers.html

https://www.td.com/ca/en/personal-banking/products/special-offers/newcomers-to-canada-banking-package/

https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/newcomers-

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by egobetatoday: 2:59am On Jan 31, 2022
TheSeventeenth:
Just tell them it’s the new comer package. It’s a chequing account (if you’re doing RBC).

Pls do u mean I have to open a chequing account first before being offered the credit card (for RBC)? I'm only interested in their credit cards (for the pecks) but not their accounts because I learnt Canadian savings/chequing accounts come with a monthly fee so my plan is to open savings/current account with the online banks like tangerine. If I can walk in and get just the credit card alone then I'll go for it.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Cherrymia: 7:02am On Jan 31, 2022
egobetatoday:

Pls do u mean I have to open a chequing account first before being offered the credit card (for RBC)? I'm only interested in their credit cards (for the pecks) but not their accounts because I learnt Canadian savings/chequing accounts come with a monthly fee so my plan is to open savings/current account with the online banks like tangerine. If I can walk in and get just the credit card alone then I'll go for it.
If its just credit card you want,you might want to try walmart mastercard. I doubt if you can get such from a bank here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Vintaged: 7:14am On Jan 31, 2022
egobetatoday:

I doubt any bank would give you a credit card if you are not an existing customer. Simplii (a division of CIBC) currently has an offer of $200 when you open a no fee chequing account ( terms and conditions apply). They also have credit cards

https://www.simplii.com/en/bank-accounts/no-fee-chequing.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by TheSeventeenth: 8:49am On Jan 31, 2022
Guess your questions have been answered. Just to add, for the new comer packages, the monthly fees are waived for 12 months, so you can explore that option.
I’m by no means an expert as I’m also new.

egobetatoday:

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by doctimi(m): 5:17pm On Jan 31, 2022
Not anymore.
I can check with friends who have properties around the area. Cheers

SwayB:

hello just went through your profile. do you by any chance still have a room for rent in kitchener?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SwayB(m): 5:20pm On Jan 31, 2022
doctimi:
Not anymore.
I can check with friends who have properties around the area. Cheers

that will be great. i just sent a pm. thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tobe1997: 1:48am On Feb 01, 2022
Hello everyone, I will be moving to toronto in April,any ideas of open apartments in toronto with preference to North York.
I would need a 3 bedroom apartment.
With one room vacant open to a female.
Your suggestions will be appreciated...tnks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tobe1997: 2:01am On Feb 01, 2022
Any female coming to toronto for May session...pls can we connect
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by TheSeventeenth: 3:27am On Feb 01, 2022
Just out of curiosity, are you male or female?

tobe1997:
Hello everyone, I will be moving to toronto in April,any ideas of open apartments in toronto with preference to North York.
I would need a 3 bedroom apartment.
With one room vacant open to a female.
Your suggestions will be appreciated...tnks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Datevilme: 10:57am On Feb 01, 2022
Hi guys,

Anybody here in Moncton, NB?
I need help with getting accommodation.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tobe1997: 1:47pm On Feb 01, 2022
TheSeventeenth:
Just out of curiosity, are you male or female?

I'm female...

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Maccollins21(m): 4:53pm On Feb 01, 2022
Hello everyone,

Please I need help in getting an apartment in New Westminster or Vancouver. I have tried Kijiji and Rentals but none of the home managers respond to my emails. Please any of your suggestions will go a long way for me. Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by onyexx: 5:31pm On Feb 01, 2022
Hi guys…

My family and I will be arriving Toronto on the 24th of this month….any assistance with settling in, airport pick up and anything else will be greatly appreciated
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Munamu: 5:37pm On Feb 02, 2022
I need help pls. I just arrived Canada,and presently staying in an Airbnb in Kitchener. My purse is draining fast. I need someone I can pair up with to get accommodation around Kitchener, Guelph, or any other axis. Am a student of Conestoga College.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by olearypo: 2:18am On Feb 03, 2022
Datevilme:
Hi guys,

Anybody here in Moncton, NB?
I need help with getting accommodation.

Thanks.

Have you checked Kijiji??
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by gracevien(f): 4:12am On Feb 03, 2022
tobe1997:
Any female coming to toronto for May session...pls can we connect

Hi, am a female coming to Toronto in April for the May intake. Pls check your email. Looking for accommodation too

(1) (2) (3) ... (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: AirBay, benji93, bamakoe(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.