Stats: 3,153,027 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (539) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2190843 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dreiwizzy: 7:32am On Feb 11, 2022
ednut1:
if she asks for money just know its a scam
Thank you sir
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Techbrotomiwa: 12:58am On Feb 12, 2022
Hello, I have used RBC before to send from a bank in Nigeria. All I did was to go to the bank and told them to give me their details as I will be doing a wire transfer. They have me stuff like their transit code, bank address, etc. When I made the transfer from my Naija bank, it took about 2-3 days to reflect in my RBC

chigrad
post=109947795:

Please among these 3 banks which is the best to receive money from abroad into a bank account in Canada?
CIBC
RBC
TD

Thank you.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by buchito1(m): 1:00am On Feb 12, 2022
Hi guys. It feels so good typing this!!! After more than 5yrs of following this beautiful thread...

Yaayyyyyy!!!! Thank you God!

I'd finally be coming to Vancouver, British Columbia, by ending of next month March cheesy

And would appreciate all the help I can get to settling in well.

Thank you so much guysss kiss

36 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 1:36am On Feb 12, 2022
buchito1:
Hi guys. It feels so good typing this!!! After more than 5yrs of following this beautiful thread...

I'd finally be coming to Vancouver, British Columbia, by ending of next month March cheesy

Congratulations! All the best with your preparations and have a safe trip.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 1:37am On Feb 12, 2022
Adunnee:
Hello everyone, I have a question regarding IMM1294.

The applicant is currently in Canada with Visitors visa but originally from Nigeria. She's applying for study permit.
Questions 7 & 9 are confusing.

Question 7 is asking about Current Country or territory of Residence

Question 9 is asking about Country or territory where applying.

Is it right to have both answers as Canada?Thank you.

Yes this is fine for the situation you described.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 1:39am On Feb 12, 2022
Dreiwizzy:
a friend of mine was contacted by his social media contact (married woman) who resides in Canada over a job she got for him; let's say she contacted him and made recommendation of jobs available for him.
this my friend studied Mechanical engineering technology. he has less funds with him, but confide in me that he can sort out funds if only he can get a comprehensive requirements/costs of traveling to Canada.
my questions are these.. what are these requirements? what type of visa will be eligible for him? and lastly, since the lady is willing to assist him with a job, what is expected from the lady to do, questions to ask her concerning this arrangements etc.

I need your input on this matter. Thank you guys.

Scam loading... Your friend is about to be fleeced. Warn him severely to run.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Adunnee: 6:39am On Feb 12, 2022
Blackbuddy:

Yes this is fine for the situation you described.

Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 12, 2022
Adunnee:

The applicant is currently in Canada with Visitors visa but originally from Nigeria. She's applying for study permit.

I don't think this will fly.
Why apply for study permit on a visitor's visa in canada?
How will she proof hometie?
How will she show her status?
She is on a Visit visa haba!!

Let her visit and come back to Nigeria to apply which is her home of residence and which will aid her travel history while applying.

That application MIGHT be refused based on immigration status and might leave a bad record on her file for a next application.

She has maximum of 6months to stay in canada and she must not be out of status while waiting for a decision.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 40manlappy: 12:18pm On Feb 12, 2022
buchito1:

Congratulations! Don't hesitate to ask questions... smiley

You can send me a PM so I can connect you with a friend in BC. He will introduce you to the Nigerian community

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Omiinii: 12:55pm On Feb 12, 2022
We don't know the Intricacies in respect to your app. I'd advise you get professional help and get it right.
Blesso222:
Good morning all. Please I just received an ITA from Quebec, but I don’t have an idea on how to go about submitting my application. Please anyone in the house with experience should help please. Merci beaucoup
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by buchito1(m): 1:28pm On Feb 12, 2022
Blackbuddy:

Congratulations! All the best with your preparations and have a safe trip.
Thanks a lot pal. cheesy

Amen. Thank you a whole lot! I appreciate. smiley
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by buchito1(m): 1:44pm On Feb 12, 2022
40manlappy:

Congratulations! Don't hesitate to ask questions... smiley

You can send me a PM so I can connect you with a friend in BC. He will introduce you to the Nigerian community

Thanks a whole lot boss.. ..
Already sent you a PM... cheesy

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Adunnee: 2:15pm On Feb 12, 2022
GodsGabby:

I don't think this will fly.
Why apply for study permit on a visitor's visa in canada?
How will she proof hometie?
How will she show her status?
She is on a Visit visa haba!!
Let her visit and come back to Nigeria to apply which is her home of residence and which will aid her travel history while applying.

That application MIGHT be refused based on immigration status and might leave a bad record on her file for a next application.

She has maximum of 6months to stay in canada and she must not be out of status while waiting for a decision.

Thanks. We've read on IRCC website that she can apply got study permit from within Canada while she's on visitors visa. She only needs to follow the instructions of applying from outside Canada. Hence, the reason I asked those specific questions. She's aware of the rules and she does not intend to flout any of them.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 2:52pm On Feb 12, 2022
Adunnee:

This is what it says on cic….
Even though you’re physically in Canada, you must follow the instructions for applying for a study permit from outside Canada.

In our online tools, choose your country of citizenship when you’re asked for your current country or territory of residence. This is to make sure you get the correct application forms.

When you fill out the PDF forms, your answers must be accurate, since they’re now part of your application. If you’re in Canada, use your Canadian address.

Which makes sense assuming she does not meet one of the requirements to apply as someone inside Canada.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by purespikes: 5:17pm On Feb 12, 2022
Datevilme:
Hi guys,

Anybody here in Moncton, NB?
I need help with getting accommodation.

Hi. Can I send you a message? I need some info about Moncton. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SlowlybtSurely: 7:57pm On Feb 12, 2022
buchito1:

Congrats! I've heard how beautiful BC is. Enjoy!

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 123bco: 8:22pm On Feb 12, 2022
As this writer said, don't give anyone your SIN. Your landlord should never want your SIN.

"I have changed houses several times and have never given and will never give a landlord my SIN. There are many real estate agencies out there who do the right thing. You only sound like this because you haven't gone through the experience of a compromised SIN. Those who have ears, let them hear...[/quote]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by affoncad: 1:31am On Feb 13, 2022

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by chigrad: 3:09am On Feb 13, 2022
Thank you.
Please were the charges from Nigerian bank high? Or what was the range like?
Techbrotomiwa:
Hello, I have used RBC before to send from a bank in Nigeria. All I did was to go to the bank and told them to give me their details as I will be doing a wire transfer. They have me stuff like their transit code, bank address, etc. When I made the transfer from my Naija bank, it took about 2-3 days to reflect in my RBC

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by chigrad: 3:21am On Feb 13, 2022
Thank you
Enemyofpeace:
all of them are good, but go for RBC or TD
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by captainmichaelo: 6:41am On Feb 13, 2022
affoncad:
hello everybody, please i landed in Canada last month in Toronto as a new PR holder but i need advice on how best to save or invest and not just keep money in bank account and losing it to inflation ....i need advice on how best utilize or invest 30k usadollars that is not urgently needed .i will appreciate any suggestion or contribution ..thank you

Use it as down payment for a precon that's closing in say 2/3 years ( make sure u have the clause of assignment). That way, you start building equity while simultaneously building your credit and a good job to close. In other words, uld b more settled by the time of closing.
Cheers.

8 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Datevilme: 1:02pm On Feb 13, 2022
purespikes:

Hi. Can I send you a message? I need some info about Moncton. Thanks

I'm a newbie o, still looking for info too, I've not even landed yet.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by o9o9: 5:13pm On Feb 13, 2022
CAD2019:
Hi everyone, my family and I landed Ontario few days ago, we are currently in an airbnb and urgently need a place to rent in Ontario. Anywhere in Ontario that is a bit close to Toronto will be ok.

Hi ,

Did you get and how were you able to sort it out? And costs please
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Erechi: 5:52pm On Feb 13, 2022
Hello,
Please who has used BA recently to move to Canada??
Is it true Nigerians need a transit visa?
Also what airlines do y’all suggest one use?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by House34: 6:32pm On Feb 13, 2022
Erechi:
Hello,
Please who has used BA recently to move to Canada??
Is it true Nigerians need a transit visa?
Also what airlines do y’all suggest one use?

I use BA, And no transit needed
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 6:38pm On Feb 13, 2022
affoncad:
hello everybody, please i landed in Canada last month in Toronto as a new PR holder but i need advice on how best to save or invest and not just keep money in bank account and losing it to inflation ....i need advice on how best utilize or invest 30k usadollars that is not urgently needed .i will appreciate any suggestion or contribution ..thank you
I'm also interested in this. I wonder where one can put $50k to steam quietly and earn good interest. Investments in Canada don't seem that high yielding.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Allegory(f): 8:27pm On Feb 13, 2022
Yes, I also wonder where I can get 40k CAD because my father is a diamond lord and my enemies are after my life and so on and so forth

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by affoncad: 9:15pm On Feb 13, 2022
What is funny about ur silly joke!
People taking about real issue and how to sustain their finance in canada

Allegory:
Yes, I also wonder where I can get 40k CAD because my father is a diamond lord and my enemies are after my life and so on and so forth

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Allegory(f): 9:37pm On Feb 13, 2022
affoncad:
What is funny about ur silly joke!
People taking about real issue and how to sustain their finance in canada

I don't recall calling my post a joke. With all your real issues, why are you ignoring the people responding to you to address the one post that wasn't responding to you.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by affoncad: 12:11am On Feb 14, 2022
l look at your past post 3 days ago quoted below and now l understand your problem ...you need to rest and not break down mentally even before PPR arrive
it a waste of time talking to a person under panic attacks due to PPR submission..am already in Canada and i pray your PPR is granted .please think and aim big 40k, 50k is not big money , people arrive arrive Canada with more fund and i guess your statement about your father is a diamond lord and ur enemies are after ur life are sign of mental stress, please relax and focus on other things you can start look at indeed, LinkedIn job, glassdoor and other job search and see what recruiter needed,skill and experience then you tailor your life and skill according staying online and jump from one topic to another is not among those stuff,start preparing for your job search from the day you get AOR ..Canada will humble you if you not prepare financially,mentally and technically ,i got my current job one week after l arrive because l research,network and know how the system works and what is required even before l arrive ..bye

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 9:39pm On Feb 10

Please at what point during the application process can I relax and stop having this fear of rejected application due to incomplete documents. I know I submitted everything but I keep thinking of possible mistakes every blessed day and giving myself panic attacks. Is this how I'm going to feel until PPR?

Allegory:

I don't recall calling my post a joke. With all your real issues, why are you ignoring the people responding to you to address the one post that wasn't responding to you.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 12:18am On Feb 14, 2022
CountVersailles:

I'm also interested in this. I wonder where one can put $50k to steam quietly and earn good interest. Investments in Canada don't seem that high yielding.
Zimbabwean dollars ba

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 12:20am On Feb 14, 2022
affoncad:
use it as down payment in alberta or new brumswick, rent out the basement or use for airbnb, or rent out the whole house if you no like those provinces. Investing in this country is limited to maybe some stocks and crypto. Shitty rates everywhere

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: soil9, myvic70(m)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56