Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,320 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (546) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2196195 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by specialguest(f): 11:18pm On Mar 11, 2022
ednut1:
peer to peer, apps like lemonade, dom account transfer, bureau de change

Was hoping I could find someone who collects Naira back home for CAD in Canada.
Thank you for the recommendations
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 6:33am On Mar 12, 2022
specialguest:

Was hoping I could find someone who collects Naira back home for CAD in Canada.
Thank you for the recommendations
beware of scammers, your relative can find someone who needs naira over here and you send the naira.

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by sarima07: 10:23am On Mar 12, 2022
All the people that have gotten PPR lately and have travelled , you people should be posting Landing gist , it helps us learn a thing or two.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by steroid: 2:51pm On Mar 12, 2022
After work

15 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by kennyjoy(m): 5:56pm On Mar 12, 2022
Prettiepearlz:

Since I don know that moniker for this thread, she not get joy. So whenever you see any of her comments, take the one that works for you and filter the rest. I wish you all the best.

Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by kennyjoy(m): 4:25am On Mar 13, 2022
Hi Everyone,

Please I would like to have an information about Burnaby/New Westminster/Surrey BC which one is cheapest area to live, in terms of accomodation, cost of living and others. I will be coming next month to resume summer term at Douglas college.

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Chuksmission: 12:23pm On Mar 13, 2022
Hi, has any one been to Canada with work visa lately?
Is it still possible to get an employment visa from Nigeria after getting a job offer from a Canadian firm?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by House34: 1:48pm On Mar 13, 2022
Chuksmission:
Is it still possible to get an employment visa from Nigeria after getting a job offer from a Canadian firm?

Many scam about this work visa recently please shine your face ,somebody send me one offer letter with accomdation and edited logo of fake receipt canada immigration that i should help confirm before he paid for visa fee..it was all fake..please verfity anything before you waste your money!

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Sayo12345: 2:10pm On Mar 13, 2022
Adunnee:

Thanks. We've read on IRCC website that she can apply got study permit from within Canada while she's on visitors visa. She only needs to follow the instructions of applying from outside Canada. Hence, the reason I asked those specific questions. She's aware of the rules and she does not intend to flout any of them.
don’t waste money it won’t work I tried it when I once traveled to Canada I was refused based on immigration and purpose of stay in Canada now it’s so difficult trying to get study permit inside Canada you have to even submit the application outside Canada not inside
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Chuksmission: 4:59pm On Mar 13, 2022
House34:

Many scam about this work visa recently please shine your face ,somebody send me one offer letter with accomdation and edited logo of fake receipt canada immigration that i should help confirm before he paid for visa fee..it was all fake..please verfity anything before you waste your money!
Okay bro, thanks a lot
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 5:52pm On Mar 13, 2022
Chuksmission:
nigerians are not usually eligible for this cos nigerians in canada don't have companies they can use. Indians, chinese and phillipines use this to bring their people as they own businesses requiring staff. If any agent in nigeria tell you they can do work visa for you its 99.99998% a lie. Your 300k or 1.5m don waka

11 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 8:52pm On Mar 13, 2022
Sayo12345:
don’t waste money it won’t work I tried it when I once traveled to Canada I was refused based on immigration and purpose of stay in Canada now it’s so difficult trying to get study permit inside Canada you have to even submit the application outside Canada not inside

Finally, someone with first hand experience!

When I told them on the visitor visa section, they called for my head!

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by xxoxx(m): 1:53am On Mar 14, 2022
Pls enlighten me , isn't PNP nomination only meant to boost applicant's crs score for FSW application?. Does PNP leads to copr straight without going through FSW at some point ,
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Pee2Jay9: 4:49am On Mar 14, 2022
Hello everyone,

I've confirmed that minimum of 6 months coop count for SINP but I'm not sure if that coop program must be in SK. Please can someone confirm if coop done in another province still counts for SINP after school?

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Pee2Jay9: 4:53am On Mar 14, 2022
kennyjoy:
Respect to everyone here, I will be coming to Canada by ending of this month, and here is the list of food items I intend to travel with, Pls I would like to know if there is any Addition or subtraction so as to avoid story that touch at the POE regard to my luggage.

Here is the list,

Beans powder,
Beans,
Rice,
Semo,
Wheat,
Garri,
Ground Pepper,
Egus i(grounded one)
Palm Oil,
Groundnut Oil,
Maggi,
Dry Catfish,
Salt,
Turning stick,

Shea butter (Ori).
Tomato paste.

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by So10: 9:28am On Mar 14, 2022
Hello everyone,
Please I'm currently on the PR process already but I'm thinking of changing careers to HR when I get to Canada. Should I do a Diploma in Chattered Institute of Personnel Management or Nigerian institute of Management.
And will that Diploma be useful in Canada to get jobs. Please advise
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 14, 2022
Sayo12345:

Me I am waiting for her to give us update. Because I know one has to show home ties and how it is done etc.

When I said it, she said they are following ircc rules.
Make she let us know her waka
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Teau: 11:36am On Mar 14, 2022
Thank you

onyexx:

Google bureau de change near me….you will get good rates from anyone of them. We changed with interchange financial currency exchange for 1.25
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Chuksmission: 12:49pm On Mar 14, 2022
ednut1:
nigerians are not usually eligible for this cos nigerians in canada don't have companies they can use. Indians, chinese and phillipines use this to bring their people as they own businesses requiring staff. If any agent in nigeria tell you they can do work visa for you its 99.99998% a lie. Your 300k or 1.5m don waka
Inasmuch as I understand your point, and the way agents go a long way to defraud unsuspecting individuals, but I don't totally agree with you.
I know a few Nigerians who own such companies in Canada, the only requirement from the company is LMIA permit.
I only asked to know if there's a current restriction on work permit, or if someone can apply.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Chuksmission: 12:52pm On Mar 14, 2022
House34:

Okay bro, thanks for the contribution
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Sayo12345: 1:29pm On Mar 14, 2022
GodsGabby:

Me I am waiting for her to give us update. Because I know one has to show home ties and how it is done etc.

When I said it, she said they are following ircc rules.
Make she let us know her waka
People will tell her to go ahead even my time I called ircc my application was sent inside Canada but was returned and I was told I should send to USA so I did online and I was called for biometric that was 2018 I traveled to the state to get it done thank God I had USA visa with me then came back to Canada I also paid the school acceptance fee 1k dollar which was not refundable…. Next day after biometric it’s was refused as if they were waiting for my biometric to be done all refusal reason was based on immigration so if I will tell her she should come back to Nigeria and apply that what I did and I got the visa
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 1:49pm On Mar 14, 2022
Chuksmission:

Inasmuch as I understand your point, and the way agents go a long way to defraud unsuspecting individuals, but I don't totally agree with you.
I know a few Nigerians who own such companies in Canada, the only requirement from the company is LMIA permit.
I only asked to know if there's a current restriction on work permit, or if someone can apply.
there is no restriction. But if you claim to know people with such companies they should have the answer to your question tho.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by muyiroro: 2:49pm On Mar 14, 2022
House34:

I will not totally agree with you cos am a living testimony out of the pool of applicants below is my timeline:

Canadian employer shortlisted my resume on indeed and I was scheduled for interview a week later, my interview lasted for almost 50 minutes via voice call around August 2019. I was scheduled for 2nd interview but I got my offer letter exactly 3 weeks. The job is under IMP.

Then my employer submitted my application to MPNP to consider me for nomination, I got nominated around May 2020, so I have my nomination certificate and letter of support to apply for work permit.

To cut the long story short I submitted my work permit and permanent resident application September and December 2020 currently.

My first work permit was refused exactly one year September 2021 my employer reapply around November 2021 which is still ongoing.

I received PR AOR on Jan 12 2022, between 17th Jan 2022 I received ADR, REMED,RPRF payment, PAL, exactly 28th of Feb I received my PPR with my 4 dependants.( Just 6 weeks from my AOR)

Canada employer are still hiring Nigerians ooo, in fact am in a WhatsApp group of Nigerians that have job offer all over Canada provinces and have already submitted their work application but the timeline for work permit approval from Nigeria is very slow and some are in Canada already with their families.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by keleto(m): 5:43pm On Mar 14, 2022
Murphytexxo:
For travellers Get your winter jacket and accessories at affordable rate ...
We sell all types of Winter jacket, Thermal wears, Headwarmers, mufflers, handGloves, Bags,sweaters etc....
Contact or WhatsApp 07019193827
Shop located at tejuosho modern market Yaba lagos Nigeria.
Nation wide delivery available.

Bro, drop samples here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by keleto(m): 6:02pm On Mar 14, 2022
moneymagnetca:

What reason did you give in your application for your spouse not coming along? Why you have now changed your mind should be consistent with that reason and may determine how early you can apply. The reason needs to make sense.

Proof of Income is not required to sponsor spouse, but helpful if you already have a job.

If you land in June, you don't need to wait a full year.

Bro pls explain this further. For someone on a work visa, is proof of fund needed to sponsor spouse after 3 months
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 11:32pm On Mar 14, 2022
keleto:

Bro pls explain this further. For someone on a work visa, is proof of fund needed to sponsor spouse after 3 months

The answers you need is here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/eligibility.html
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enajegbe(f): 12:05am On Mar 15, 2022
xxoxx:
Pls enlighten me , isn't PNP nomination only meant to boost applicant's crs score for FSW application?. Does PNP leads to copr straight without going through FSW at some point ,

You can continue a PR application via PNP without going through the express entry process. It takes longer. That’s how I got mine.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by thisdeltagirl: 6:02am On Mar 15, 2022
Goodevening everyone,

Please i am relocating to Edmonton from Saskatchewan, i dont know anyone there. I want to start checking out apartments which areas should I avoid please

Thank you, any help will be greatly appreciated
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by xxoxx(m): 6:20am On Mar 15, 2022
Pls can you share the process with me
Enajegbe:

You can continue a PR application via PNP without going through the express entry process. It takes longer. That’s how I got mine.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enajegbe(f): 9:54am On Mar 15, 2022
xxoxx:
Pls can you share the process with me

You apply to the province or territory for nomination under a non-Express Entry stream.
You need to meet the eligibility requirements of the province that nominates you.
Once you have been nominated, you submit a paper application for permanent residence to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
You have to pass a medical exam and get a police check (certificate).
Application processing times are longer than through Express Entry. It’s a paper based application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/application-process/paper.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.