Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (547) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2195996 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Chuksmission: 11:39am On Mar 15, 2022
muyiroro:

I will not totally agree with you cos am a living testimony out of the pool of applicants below is my timeline:

Canadian employer shortlisted my resume on indeed and I was scheduled for interview a week later, my interview lasted for almost 50 minutes via voice call around August 2019. I was scheduled for 2nd interview but I got my offer letter exactly 3 weeks. The job is under IMP.

Then my employer submitted my application to MPNP to consider me for nomination, I got nominated around May 2020, so I have my nomination certificate and letter of support to apply for work permit.

To cut the long story short I submitted my work permit and permanent resident application September and December 2020 currently.

My first work permit was refused exactly one year September 2021 my employer reapply around November 2021 which is still ongoing.

I received PR AOR on Jan 12 2022, between 17th Jan 2022 I received ADR, REMED,RPRF payment, PAL, exactly 28th of Feb I received my PPR with my 4 dependants.( Just 6 weeks from my AOR)

Canada employer are still hiring Nigerians ooo, in fact am in a WhatsApp group of Nigerians that have job offer all over Canada provinces and have already submitted their work application but the timeline for work permit approval from Nigeria is very slow and some are in Canada already with their families.

Thanks for this bro.
Please can you add me to the WhatsApp group?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Toceen2022: 11:49am On Mar 15, 2022
steroid:
After work
Which City is this?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Maydaygirl: 11:52am On Mar 15, 2022
Good morning landed seniors. Please, I wish to cargo some items to Canada, I need advice on how to go about it/contact of someone reliable and affordable that can help. Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by xxoxx(m): 12:04pm On Mar 15, 2022
Thanks so much
Enajegbe:

You apply to the province or territory for nomination under a non-Express Entry stream.
You need to meet the eligibility requirements of the province that nominates you.
Once you have been nominated, you submit a paper application for permanent residence to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
You have to pass a medical exam and get a police check (certificate).
Application processing times are longer than through Express Entry. It’s a paper based application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/application-process/paper.html

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by steroid: 12:10pm On Mar 15, 2022
Toceen2022:

Which City is this?

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Toceen2022: 12:13pm On Mar 15, 2022
steroid:

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Nice, it's lovely.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Toceen2022: 12:15pm On Mar 15, 2022
Please guys, who is living or going to Victoria, British Columbia.
I need some information about accommodation and living expenses.

Anyone please.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by xxoxx(m): 12:22pm On Mar 15, 2022
Checked on the link you sent , it seem there is no place where pof was requested or did I miss it . Pls was pof requested when you apllied. Thanks alot
Enajegbe:

You apply to the province or territory for nomination under a non-Express Entry stream.
You need to meet the eligibility requirements of the province that nominates you.
Once you have been nominated, you submit a paper application for permanent residence to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
You have to pass a medical exam and get a police check (certificate).
Application processing times are longer than through Express Entry. It’s a paper based application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/application-process/paper.html

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by melawlah: 2:07pm On Mar 15, 2022
Hello everyone,
I don’t know if this is the right group to post this. I’m planning to move to New Brunswick in May. I’m looking for a studio apartment or a flatmate to share a two bedroom with. I’ll appreciate any assistance given. Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Divinegifts: 12:03am On Mar 16, 2022
We can talk about living in BC. Follow on Instagram.

Toceen2022:
Please guys, who is living or going to Victoria, British Columbia.
I need some information about accommodation and living expenses.

Anyone please.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Divinegifts: 12:06am On Mar 16, 2022
Surrey will be the best for you. Need settlement information or services, connect with me on Instagram. Link below

kennyjoy:
Hi Everyone,

Please I would like to have an information about Burnaby/New Westminster/Surrey BC which one is cheapest area to live, in terms of accomodation, cost of living and others. I will be coming next month to resume summer term at Douglas college.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by thisdeltagirl: 3:46am On Mar 16, 2022
Please ooooo my seniors Goodevening everyone,

Please i am relocating to Edmonton from Saskatchewan, i dont know anyone there. I want to start checking out apartments which areas should I avoid please

Thank you, any help will be greatly appreciated
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Toceen2022: 4:37am On Mar 16, 2022
Divinegifts:
We can talk about living in BC. Follow on Instagram.

Great... Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Adunnee: 5:51am On Mar 16, 2022
Sayo12345:
don’t waste money it won’t work I tried it when I once traveled to Canada I was refused based on immigration and purpose of stay in Canada now it’s so difficult trying to get study permit inside Canada you have to even submit the application outside Canada not inside

I am sorry it didnt work for you. We tried it. It worked, she got her PPR two days after AOR. We applied as though she was outside Canada (meaning we completed the forms that are for those applying from outside Canada) but used Canada residential address.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Sayo12345: 8:05am On Mar 16, 2022
Adunnee:

I am sorry it didnt work for you. We tried it. It worked, she got her PPR two days after AOR. We applied as though she was outside Canada (meaning we completed the forms that are for those applying from outside Canada) but used Canada residential address.
you just said outside canada now but before you saying you wanted to apply inside canada while in canada that what am against and congratulations to her

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by keleto(m): 8:27am On Mar 16, 2022
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by portablesuzy: 11:27am On Mar 16, 2022
good day seniors in the house pls i need help on how to register my husband WES account because his name on his certificate has issues but he has affidavit while his passport has his original names. pls what can i do, is it to register his WES account with the names on his certificate and back it up with Affidavit OR register it with his original names used in issuing his international passport. Am just trying to be careful so dat there wont be any error . THANKS WILL BE GRATEFULL FOR ALL UR FEEDBACKS
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Weezybaby: 11:34am On Mar 16, 2022
Hello All!

Is there anyone with plug to accommodation around Ottawa close to Gatineau please. Urgent! Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Adunnee: 1:10pm On Mar 16, 2022
Sayo12345:
you just said outside canada now but before you saying you wanted to apply inside canada while in canada that what am against and congratulations to her

She was in Canada when she applied.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 1:24pm On Mar 16, 2022
keleto:

Was actually talking of spouse open work permit

Yea for that you would need to have a certain amount of money in your account.

It is just like any other temporary visa application.

A friend’s wife’s sowp was rejected because of lack of funds and home ties.

The onus is on you to prove to them that your spouse will return if all else fails.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enajegbe(f): 12:09am On Mar 17, 2022
xxoxx:
Checked on the link you sent , it seem there is no place where pof was requested or did I miss it . Pls was pof requested when you apllied. Thanks alot

Yes it was requested and it’s the same sum as in Expeess entry.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enajegbe(f): 12:12am On Mar 17, 2022
Good day seniors.

I’m due in Manitoba by the end of this month. I’m currently looking for accommodation. Any advice on which areas I should avoid?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Sumireade: 1:00am On Mar 17, 2022
Good day, does anyone have a link to a sharing apartment for a student around Scarborough? Or if you are looking for a roommate do reach out. Also since I’m new around here.. it’s been difficult to get part time jobs. If anyone has links for that too please kindly reach out. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Legacyedition: 3:09am On Mar 17, 2022
Sumireade:
Good day, does anyone have a link to a sharing apartment for a student around Scarborough? Or if you are looking for a roommate do reach out. Also since I’m new around here.. it’s been difficult to get part time jobs. If anyone has links for that too please kindly reach out. Thank you.

Check fb marketplace for accommodation,

Check indeed for jobs, also mcdonalds is currently hiring. Check mcdonalds dottttt ca / hiring , input your area.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by xxoxx(m): 10:32am On Mar 17, 2022
Ok thanks
Enajegbe:

Yes it was requested and it’s the same sum as in Expeess entry.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Putin007: 11:38am On Mar 17, 2022
Pls House, will WES accept UNN statement of result ?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Sumireade: 4:41pm On Mar 17, 2022
Legacyedition:

Check fb marketplace for accommodation,

Check indeed for jobs, also mcdonalds is currently hiring. Check mcdonalds dottttt ca / hiring , input your area.

Thank you �
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by manitoba(m): 5:19pm On Mar 17, 2022
Send a mail to me and I will give you the contact of my friend who resides in Winnipeg and he is also a lecturer in UofM . He will be able to help you and put you through all you need.
Enajegbe:
Good day seniors.

I’m due in Manitoba by the end of this month. I’m currently looking for accommodation. Any advice on which areas I should avoid?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by gretop86: 8:35pm On Mar 17, 2022
My people in the house living in Ontario to be specific. I've been doing my research on the real estate market and what I've seen so far has not been encouraging. I see houses listed for $1m CAD that costs about 50% less in the US. Is the Canadian real estate a bubble or there are some strong fundamentals driving these crazy prices other than supply way lesser than demand?. I still can't wrap my head around a house selling for $150,000 - $250,000 CAD above asking price. Wetin dey sele gan gan? Abeg make una open my eyes to what I'm not seeing from the data readily available. Is there any plan to fix this issue? Cos if it continues this way, I might just use this country as a means to change my passport and get the hell out to a country that is much reasonable.

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 10:10pm On Mar 17, 2022
gretop86:
My people in the house living in Ontario to be specific. I've been doing my research on the real estate market and what I've seen so far has not been encouraging. I see houses listed for $1m CAD that costs about 50% less in the US. Is the Canadian real estate a bubble or there are some strong fundamentals driving these crazy prices other than supply way lesser than demand?. I still can't wrap my head around a house selling for $150,000 - $250,000 CAD above asking price. Wetin dey sele gan gan? Abeg make una open my eyes to what I'm not seeing from the data readily available. Is there any plan to fix this issue? Cos if it continues this way, I might just use this country as a means to change my passport and get the hell out to a country that is much reasonable.
money laundering from Chinese and indians and also foreign investors driving up the price plus lack of supply . Ontarians are going to other provinces like New Brunswick, Alberta, Nova Scotia to buy houses and work remotely. You are not the only one nursing that ambition. Some prs are waiting for citizenship so they can move to USA. The real estate situation in Ontario and Vancouver is a joke for some ugly looking brick and wooden houses hahahaha

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by gretop86: 11:57pm On Mar 17, 2022
ednut1:
money laundering from Chinese and indians and also foreign investors driving up the price plus lack of supply . Ontarians are going to other provinces like New Brunswick, Alberta, Nova Scotia to buy houses and work remotely. You are not the only one nursing that ambition. Some prs are waiting for citizenship so they can move to USA. The real estate situation in Ontario and Vancouver is a joke for some ugly looking brick and wooden houses hahahaha
Thanks for the clarification. Fear catch me at first, I thought I was been irrational but it is the market that is irrational. Clear!!!

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by egobetatoday: 3:16pm On Mar 18, 2022
gretop86:

I thought I was the only one nursing the idea of using the canada passport to Japa to another country because of the housing situation. It is just too crazy. Houses in U.S. are newer, bigger and finer for a fraction of the cost in Canada. The market doesn't even look like it's going to calm anytime soon. Does anyone have an idea how to navigate these waters? Make we no come use our whole life dey pay for mortgage.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.