Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2196033 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by shege45: 5:06pm On Apr 16, 2022
WinterDreary:

Can you provide me the email you used? They are not responding to my several emails to their chancery@XXXXX.ca email
generalinquiries@nigeriahcottawa.ca

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lasignor(m): 7:14pm On Apr 16, 2022
ednut1:
this one don come again . This same Canada where many 9ja babes are looking for traditional men while they want to be modern women. While some men also want 50:50 plus submission. As if some of us have not lived in Europe or usa before coming here. Canada dating scene is one kind. Full stop
Leave her. Always writing kati kati lol. Our responses was never gender specific sef, she carry talk enter voicemail. Smh

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lasignor(m): 7:16pm On Apr 16, 2022
Eggovic:

The girls should come home and marry na
Lol.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lasignor(m): 7:20pm On Apr 16, 2022
fisayo02:

Why can't a lady woo a guy she likes ? Nothing big there
Talk about things 'some' African ladies see as can/cannot do lol. They will eventually show that they like you but not without you making the first move, many of them.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Canny20fam: 7:42am On Apr 17, 2022
Happy Sunday to my Seniors here

Glad to announce the arrival of our ( I and my family) PR after two years of agonizing wait.

Our preferred landing destination is Calgary, Alberta. I will love to be added to support groups that will make settlement easier

Thank you

27 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Eggovic: 7:47am On Apr 17, 2022
Canny20fam:
Happy Sunday to my Seniors here

Glad to announce the arrival of our ( I and my family) PR after two years of agonizing wait.

Our preferred landing destination is Calgary, Alberta. I will love to be added to support groups that will make settlement easier

Thank you
congratulations
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Canny20fam: 8:03am On Apr 17, 2022
Thank you
Eggovic:
congratulations

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 11:10am On Apr 17, 2022
lasignor:
Leave her. Always writing kati kati lol. Our responses was never gender specific sef, she carry talk enter voicemail. Smh
a guy is behind that account and he is not even in Canada lol

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 11:11am On Apr 17, 2022
lasignor:
Talk about things 'some' African ladies see as can/cannot do lol. They will eventually show that they like you but not without you making the first move, many of them.
na them sabi. They cannot woo, they cannot do 50:50 on dates, cooking is seen as slavery to many of them. Omo na them sabi o

9 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by RoyalDukeDon: 6:52pm On Apr 17, 2022
Like how much do u advise one to come with,how much usd? Is there minimum and maximum amount required?
Note: I've paid school fees, Going to show some funds in bank as well.
ednut1:
usd. Cad is scarce and expensive in Nigeria
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lasignor(m): 7:19pm On Apr 17, 2022
ednut1:
a guy is behind that account and he is jot even in Canada lol
I'm thinking same too lol. Na him sabi lol
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 8:50pm On Apr 17, 2022
A no get una time, honestly. And I don't go about seeking people's approval or affirmation cheesy
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 10:44pm On Apr 17, 2022
1manuel:

Oga ednut1, warris dis na grin grin
what is the business of this post with this thread tho

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jydorchem: 4:15pm On Apr 18, 2022
Hi bosses in the house. Can you please add me to "Nigerians in Alberta" group (telegram or whatsapp)?

Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by AbakeTT: 7:47pm On Apr 18, 2022
Holla everyone. Feels good to finally be able to say PPR after 2 years and 8 months (Nov 2019 AOR). I’ll be landing in Winnipeg and but first point of entry will be Calgary; any recent landed persons with information that can come in handy especially for the first point of entry will be appreciated.

Thanks for all the information on this group.

13 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Bidoomolala: 9:01pm On Apr 18, 2022
Thossiey:
Good Afternoon everyone, if you wish to be added to Alberta whatapp group for information sharing. Please send me a message. Its a new group, it would be our pleasure if landed PRs can join. Its strictly for those planning on making Alberta their residence ooo. Thanks. grin

Pls I am interested in joining the Alberta WhatsApp group.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by starrez: 12:25am On Apr 19, 2022
QSola:

Oga na to start from G1 be that.

G1 online test - wait 12 months before going for G2 road test but you can drive with supervision (my partner drove with G1 alone, mistakenly didn't stop at the stop signing was caught plus he forgot his car insurance slip at home but showed officer on his phone, oga police no gree oooo he was slammed almost $800 and he lost 3 demerits point. Insurance company couldn't insure him for 3 years) abeg no ask me if he dey drive ooooo tongue

Hello,

With the Nigerian license, won’t you still start from G1?

Please help clarify
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Tao25: 2:31am On Apr 19, 2022
Housemate Needed in Calgary!!!

I’m a Female looking for a Female housemate to share a 2 bed 2 bath apartment with. The apartment is located on 6971 16th Ave SE Calgary. and rent price is $712.50 including heat and water. We would both share the cost of electricity, internet. Apartment is semi-furnished and the building comes with a free gym and underground heated parking. Nearest bus stop is 3 minutes walk, Send a dm Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by seunpinky(m): 3:14am On Apr 19, 2022
A female frnd needs a shared/ student accomodation around North York/ Seneca College.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Cherrymia: 6:32am On Apr 19, 2022
ednut1:
but no be lie na. When you jam too many people with skion skion for head, i dont want kids, i don’t want to marry, indebtednesses, pet fanatics, swingers. Eye go clear lmao
I swear ...lol
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 6:54am On Apr 19, 2022
Tao25:
Housemate Needed in Calgary!!!

I’m a Female looking for a Female housemate to share a 2 bed 2 bath apartment with. The apartment is located on 6971 16th Ave SE Calgary. and rent price is $712.50 including heat and water. We would both share the cost of electricity, internet. Apartment is semi-furnished and the building comes with a free gym and underground heated parking. Nearest bus stop is 3 minutes walk, Send a dm Thank you!
Is $712 the total rent? or the shared component?
I'm not female. Just asking for a friend.

Final question: are you one of those women who are renting houses they can't afford and then looking for somebody to share it with? grin

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 9:17pm On Apr 19, 2022
starrez:

Hello,

With the Nigerian license, won’t you still start from G1?

Please help clarify

You go still do knowledge test sha.

Then skip to G2 or G
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lasignor(m): 10:54pm On Apr 19, 2022
NuCypher:

Final question: are you one of those women who are renting houses they can't afford and then looking for somebody to share it with? grin
The bolden, you think that was necessary? C'mon

22 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by seakomol: 2:24am On Apr 20, 2022
NuCypher:

Even though you posed this as a question, it's very rude and uncalled for! Make we dey try use our brain na

28 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 7:48am On Apr 20, 2022

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Gorgeous345: 9:15am On Apr 20, 2022
Good day kind hearted people,
Please I need PHD scholarship in Canada. I have a second class upper(bsc) and a distinction(masters) in computer science.
Please anybody willing to guide me.I will be very grateful.
God bless you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by mousery(m): 4:39pm On Apr 20, 2022
My immigration story

I want to share my immigration story here in the hopes that it may help someone else make a decision. Please note that you don’t have to believe this. Many may not. But if you think this will help you make a decision and you want to reach out to me, please feel free. I will show you all the proof you need. But I will also ask for proof for your own backstory, because I don’t want anyone wasting my time too much. Hahaha
I applied for express entry sometime in 2017 while I was working a very comfortable job. To be honest, I had no reason to apply. I was extremely comfortable working a seven-figure job. I was making nothing less than 3m a month with a lot of benefits, housing, gym membership, etc., all paid for by the company. My housing alone every two years was in the region of 4m. I mean, I was super comfortable. I lived in an 1.5m a year apartment and owned my own car. My job took me everywhere around the world from Nigeria. In a year, I visited not less than 5 countries in Europe, America and Asia. I had no reason to apply for express entry. But I did out of curiosity. And then the PR landed.
Omo, I was confused. What gives? What do I do? I thought about it a lot. Was I going to leave this cushy job and just wander into the unknown in a foreign country? I should include that, though I loved my job, I was already suffering the burnout associated with working too hard. This is one thing many people don’t realize. Sometimes, money won’t bring you the happiness you want if you start suffering burnout. You start to see the money as a given since it comes in every month, and you won’t understand what it means for salary to stop.
So, I started thinking about what to do, whether to accept this express entry thing. I wasn’t married. So I could actually make this decision and be fine. I’m not bringing a wife and kids into the uncertainty. Anyho, I opted for short landing first. That made more sense. I came into Calgary, spent some time (like 3 weeks), and then left. I soon forgot all about Canada, abeg. I’ve pushed it for two years. Let me focus on my job.
Two years went by so fast my head spun. I was back to square one in this decision. Do I quit my job? As I was contemplating this, they offered me a promotion at work. My salary went up a comfortable 20%. I just got more confused. Everything was happening so fast, especially having to go back to Canada and not lose my PR status.
At the beginning of the next year and exactly two years later, I turned in my resignation. I thought about it long and hard. It was a very difficult decision to make, but I turned in the resignation anyways and decided I was going to launch myself into this uncertainty.

(To be continued) smiley

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 8:33pm On Apr 20, 2022
NuCypher:

you too mumu. It’s common for people to rent out a room. If a one bedroom is 1500 per month, two bed will be 1800. So which one is cheaper

10 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Canny20fam: 8:41pm On Apr 20, 2022
mousery:
My immigration story

(To be continued) smiley

Continue now

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.