Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Help!!! How To Track And Locate A Stolen Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help!!! How To Track And Locate A Stolen Phone (1718 Views)

How Can I Track Or Block A Stolen Phone? / How Can I Track A Stolen Phone.. HELP!! / How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! How To Track And Locate A Stolen Phone by Nobody: 5:26am On Jan 01, 2019
While returning from church after the crossover vigil around 4:15am, my sister who like pressing phone got her phone hijacked from her , and since then we have been calling it, no answer then later is unreachable...
When we got home, i quickly used my login to google find my phone to possibly locate the phone, or perhaps lock it remotely....

My question is, if google is able to lock the phone, and perhaps he will wanna flash(wipe) the phone, will the google lock cancel

Or is ther alternative way to locate and track the phone

Plsss help a sister...
The phone is just a week old(bought it on dec 25)

Pls help push to fp

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How To Track And Locate A Stolen Phone by ipobarecriminals: 6:01am On Jan 01, 2019
embarassed Forget it.Thank God,it is her phone dey hijacked (whatever way u put it)not her life.Thank U Jesus. Happy New year to ur family
Re: Help!!! How To Track And Locate A Stolen Phone by Nonso92(m): 6:31am On Jan 01, 2019
MaDaRa01:
While returning from church after the crossover vigil around 4:15am, my sister who like pressing phone got her phone hijacked from her , and since then we have been calling it, no answer then later is unreachable...
When we got home, i quickly used my login to google find my phone to possibly locate the phone, or perhaps lock it remotely....

My question is, if google is able to lock the phone, and perhaps he will wanna flash(wipe) the phone, will the google lock cancel

Or is ther alternative way to locate and track the phone

Plsss help a sister...
The phone is just a week old(bought it on dec 25)

Pls help push to fp

What OS is the phone running on?

All Android phone from OS 7 require that you put in the previous user email details after performing a hard reset on the device.

So it will be a bit hard for them to use it after performing a wipe on it.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! How To Track And Locate A Stolen Phone by Ibramamahi(m): 6:36am On Jan 01, 2019
Go to the police station with the pack of the fone containing the imie number. You will be asked to pay like 5k after that they will track and ask the thief to return the fone including your the money you paid

7 Likes

Re: Help!!! How To Track And Locate A Stolen Phone by Redoil: 7:19am On Jan 01, 2019
New year gift loading Boys no want hustle but want to chop After all buhari son by 2 okada for 105 million naira
Re: Help!!! How To Track And Locate A Stolen Phone by SmallFlatino: 7:25am On Jan 01, 2019
shocked

The thief ryt now wif him guy after a successful job

Re: Help!!! How To Track And Locate A Stolen Phone by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 01, 2019
ipobarecriminals:
embarassed Forget it.Thank God,it is her phone dey hijacked (whatever way u put it)not her life.Thank U Jesus. Happy New year to ur family
We thank God....
Same to you..
Re: Help!!! How To Track And Locate A Stolen Phone by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 01, 2019
Nonso92:

What OS is the phone running on?

All Android phone from OS 7 require that you put in the previous user email details after performing a hard reset on the device.

So it will be a bit hard for them to use it after performing a wipe on it.
The phone is running android 8.0 Go edition....
By "wipe", i did not get... Is it the number button combination or using a pc??.... Pls elaborate
Re: Help!!! How To Track And Locate A Stolen Phone by Nonso92(m): 8:59am On Jan 01, 2019
MaDaRa01:

The phone is running android 8.0 Go edition....
By "wipe", i did not get... Is it the number button combination or using a pc??.... Pls elaborate

Probably through the recovery.

It's like a factory reset, without unlocking the phone.

But after that, the person will need to enter the previous email and password that was used on the phone before the wipe.

That would be where the thief would have a problem.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How To Track And Locate A Stolen Phone by Specyano(m): 3:27pm On Jan 01, 2019
Nonso92:

Probably through the recovery.

It's like a factory reset, without unlocking the phone.

But after that, the person will need to enter the previous email and password that was used on the phone before the wipe.

That would be where the thief would have a problem.

not really a prob for d ikeja guys, it's called FRP factory reset protection and can be unlock
Re: Help!!! How To Track And Locate A Stolen Phone by roughcoin12: 4:29pm On Jan 01, 2019
With the imei, u can track d phone and call any line they insert into the phone..
Very simple, Google the process.
Re: Help!!! How To Track And Locate A Stolen Phone by haryor14: 6:19pm On Jan 01, 2019
Pls how can someone track the lost phone with imei?
Re: Help!!! How To Track And Locate A Stolen Phone by onyedika946(m): 7:01pm On Jan 01, 2019
Bros. They no dey track stolen phone for naija.. Once e don move, forget it brother.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How To Track And Locate A Stolen Phone by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 01, 2019
Is it possible to track a lost phone with the imei process ? The phone was switched off before I lost it.
Re: Help!!! How To Track And Locate A Stolen Phone by charles424(m): 9:13pm On Jan 01, 2019
Phone stolen in July,was tracked by a police officer in Ibadan,get this woman,she will retrieve your phone for you I swear...from Ibadan a military man bought it and gave the phone to his girlfriend that resides in Makurdi....
This police officer get the phone back for the owner ....she is at SIB eleyele Ibadan.
Re: Help!!! How To Track And Locate A Stolen Phone by Dollywood(m): 11:41pm On Jan 01, 2019
Consult an Herbalist grin
Re: Help!!! How To Track And Locate A Stolen Phone by automatix: 1:17am On Jan 02, 2019
I was just thinking about this some days ago

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Happy New Year Everyone and May 2019 bring us good tidings.

I know there are lots of home owners or intending home owners here.

This is my way of helping you solve one of the biggest problem being faced by residents of Nigeria but I have good news for everyone here.

If you need prepaid meter in any of the South Western states, excluding Lagos, please feel free to contact me. The reason for excluding Lagos is because what we have is only recommended by IBEDC, which gives us an opportunity to serve all areas under IBEDC control.

You will be given your meter instantly after payment.

Interested persons should / can whatsapp me on 080 7597 4595.

It is genuine and our office is at Idiroko Just before you get to Canaan Land, Sango Ota.

We have sold over tens of the meter and we still have about about 37 pcs left. If you have a real estate company that needs meter for houses built, we can supply to your estate, any where in areas under IBEDC controlled states.

Thank you and I hope to see you on the other side.

Re: Help!!! How To Track And Locate A Stolen Phone by lekjons(m): 10:35am On Jan 05, 2019
onyedika946:
Bros. They no dey track stolen phone for naija.. Once e don move, forget it brother.
lol! You're the only one who knows what up!

IMEI changing, FRP reset.. Simple as pie..

If anyone loses their phone and it's not an iPhone, they should forget it..

(1) (Reply)

Why Is My Phone Hanging And Why Does System UI Stop?o / Download Yowhatsapp 7.96 With Anti Ban Feature. / Nokia 5 For Sale 22k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.