Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Roger Federer Beats Serena Williams At The Hopman Cup Competition(Photos) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Roger Federer Beats Serena Williams At The Hopman Cup Competition(Photos) (322 Views)

Prince Charles Promotes Eva Omaghomi-Williams, His Senior Black Aide / Roger Stone Found Guilty On All Charges In Wikileaks Hacking Case / Photo Of Prime Minister May Bowing To Prince Williams Sparks Mockery Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Roger Federer Beats Serena Williams At The Hopman Cup Competition(Photos) by Sophiejonas: 3:15am On Jan 02, 2019

The Switzerland team of Federer and Belinda Bencic earned a 4-2, 4-3 (3) win over Americans Serena Williams and Frances Tiafoe in a mixed doubles match Tuesday at the Hopman Cup.

In an interview, Williams said:

"It was so fun. This is super cool that we get to do it at such a pinnacle point of our careers.

This guy is great, both off the court and on the court. I think his serve is super-underestimated. It’s a killer serve, you can’t read it. I watched him all the time and I never knew how amazing it was."

This is the first match between Federer and Williams. The match played in a Fast4 format, drew a crowd of 14,000 in Perth, Australia. Federer said:

"I was nervous returning. People talk about her serve so much and I see why it is such a wonderful serve because you just can’t read it."

Federer and Williams were both victorious in their singles matches. Federer pulled out a 6-4, 6-1 win over Tiafoe. Williams earned a 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 triumph over Bencic.

The United States’ loss eliminates them from championship competition after previously losing to Greece, while Switzerland would make it to the finals with a win over Greece on Thursday.
Source: https://lifewithcuttons.com.ng/2019/01/02/roger-federer-beats-serena-williams-at-the-hopman-cup-competition/

Re: Roger Federer Beats Serena Williams At The Hopman Cup Competition(Photos) by Sophiejonas: 3:15am On Jan 02, 2019

Re: Roger Federer Beats Serena Williams At The Hopman Cup Competition(Photos) by alonzoiv(m): 5:06am On Jan 02, 2019
Living tennis legends
Re: Roger Federer Beats Serena Williams At The Hopman Cup Competition(Photos) by Zuluhead(m): 1:25pm On Jan 02, 2019
What a marvelous and amazing match to watch,two great legends of their genders.
I love lawn tennis with a passion and still plays it.
Any lawn tennis player in the room.

(1) (Reply)

A Liberian Man Was Declared Wanted For Being An Homo Sexual / Trump Exonorated :- There Was No Collusion With Russia / Politician Cries After Getting ‘5 Votes’ Despite Having 9 Relatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.