Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,341 members, 7,836,410 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

N15.89b Injection To Stop ASUU Strike - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / N15.89b Injection To Stop ASUU Strike (17763 Views)

Abia State University Demands N15,000 "Pandemic Prevention Fee" From Students / FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn / FG Moves To End ASUU Strike, Releases N15.89b To Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N15.89b Injection To Stop ASUU Strike by jmaine: 10:06am On Jan 02, 2019
Abyima:
Na u craze dey ya head. Fool. You are so myopic. You want to teach an old dog on how to play news tricks. Mumu.

It is obvious you are a very dumb fellow. Shut up.
Re: N15.89b Injection To Stop ASUU Strike by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 02, 2019
justflow1:
well, but you have to consider the fact that Nigeria is an under developed country, who ought to get revenue from any little avenue, but the case isnt like that here, Charges of school fees are relatively low compared to other countries, even schooling in canada, uk, america are very very costly, private unis in Ghana are cheaper than the govt owned unis, so if we want to blame FG of their miscarriage, we should checkout for other consequencies that led to that, i dont tink we need any one to tell us Nigeria is broke, our major source of revenue is Crude oil, and the price of a barell keeps declining on a recurring decimal, purchasers are moving away from fossil fuels to non fossils fuel, and yet every sectors in the country rely on the proceeds from oil.
What of the financial recklessness of our leaders? Let me tell u the truth: Nigeria has enough money and revenue to fund education adequately. It's not only crude oil that gives us money. There are granite, limestone, lead and the rest. In one South-Eastern State, granite gives it money, cos it's the major producer of all these granite stones, black marble chips and white stones. Our leaders are to blame, cos they steal virtually everything. Nigeria is blessed!

If you witness where politicians spend money unnecessarily, you'll cry for this country. One Governor from the East was busy doling out money to different ethnic groups in his state during the Christmas period whereas the non-academic staff union of his state university is on strike. Do you want to tell me that he doesn't have the money to pay them? He keeps on telling them there's no money, while he continues to spend the money carelessly. He gave the SUG 5 million, gave different ethnic groups N100,000 each time they attend a political rally, bought jeeps for traditional rulers, but he deemed it fit to cut down salaries of primary and secondary school teachers. He gave Fr. Mbaka N10 million in the Christmas period plus 1000 bags of rice and another 1000 bags of yam, yet his people are the poorest in the East. Is that not wickedness? I agree that he builds roads, but is it only road construction that is a mark of true leadership?

Leadership in Nigeria and Africa as a whole is bad. God blessed Africa more than Asia, Europe and even America with natural resources. I guess our leaders want praise singers and servants while their sons will continue to rule over us. That's why they are not serious about education and technology cos these two go hand in hand. They want to be giving us crumbs so that we'll perpetually praise them in penury. They're devilish! They can never escape God's wrath. Never!!!
Re: N15.89b Injection To Stop ASUU Strike by gare(f): 10:15am On Jan 02, 2019
Elzak:
when it comes to greed of workers whose fault is it?

How do you intend to measure the greed ? I don't think the workers demand is out of place. With the kind of resources we have in Nigeria the workers should be paid 10 times what they earn at the moment. So I don't see them being greedy but rather government being insensitive
Re: N15.89b Injection To Stop ASUU Strike by Abyima(m): 10:20am On Jan 02, 2019
jmaine:

It is obvious you are a very dumb fellow. Shut up.
Will you keep quiet. Sorry if your hurt. You can just have that.
Re: N15.89b Injection To Stop ASUU Strike by jmaine: 11:04am On Jan 02, 2019
Abyima:
Will you keep quiet. Sorry if your hurt. You can just have that.

Yes am hurt cos someone can be unfortunately as dumb as you.. It's painful...

Get well soon..
Re: N15.89b Injection To Stop ASUU Strike by Ibegtodiffer: 11:21am On Jan 02, 2019
jmaine:

30k wey no reach them do anything while those who commissioned them and their kids are balling very hard stealing billions of dollars.
Exactly bro.
Re: N15.89b Injection To Stop ASUU Strike by Sportwin(m): 12:31pm On Jan 02, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
lolz....they are just pampering the cracks, universities needs serious funds, tuition fees have to be increased, you can't get good education with 20 to 30k per year...it is unreasonable... however times are hard

are u ok

i pay over 200k as tution fee

na public uni
Re: N15.89b Injection To Stop ASUU Strike by TessBiwom(f): 12:35pm On Jan 02, 2019
It's so unfortunate that most of you are internet warriors,hiding behind a faceless forum and spitting rubbish.
Anyways I don't blame any of you,we are all a product of a deficit system"half baked graduates".keep throwing blames and counter accusations....keyboard warriors..

Quote me at your own peril.
P/S:what do I know �...

1 Like

Re: N15.89b Injection To Stop ASUU Strike by Ayobami7(m): 1:33pm On Jan 02, 2019
好朋英国加
Re: N15.89b Injection To Stop ASUU Strike by Elzak(m): 1:53pm On Jan 02, 2019
gare:

How do you intend to measure the greed ? I don't think the workers demand is out of place. With the kind of resources we have in Nigeria the workers should be paid 10 times what they earn at the moment. So I don't see them being greedy but rather government being insensitive
Tor thank you. I can't fit talk again. I'm angry with both of 'em

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually / ASUU: FG Lied, We Didn’t Reach Agreement To Suspend Strike Dec 9 / Strike: Anxiety As ASUU, FG Teams Meet Secretly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.