Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn (44813 Views)

ASUU Releases Strike Bulletin. / ASUU Releases Update On Ending Strike, Negotiating With FG / ASUU Releases Press Statement On EKSU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by InoutNaija(f): 10:09pm On Jan 07, 2019
The Federal Government has reached an agreement with members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU).

Addressing journalists on Monday evening after the meeting with the striking lecturers in Abuja, the Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, said the majority of their demands have been met including the release of N15.4 billion for payment of salary shortfalls.

According to him, the Federal Government is also in the process of releasing another N20 billion for payment of earned allowances for university lecturers.

Meanwhile, the ASUU President, Professor Biodun Ogunyemi, said the National Executive Committee of the union will review their decisions based on the new commitment by the government.

According to him, it is only after that meeting of the ASUU leadership that the union will announce its position on the ongoing strike action.

Its been over two months since the union went on strike following the alleged inability of the government to respond to its demands.

READ MORE: https://www.inoutnaija.com/2019/01/chioma-finally-leaves-davido-kemi.html

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 07, 2019
cool

1 Like

Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by davimus(m): 10:11pm On Jan 07, 2019
jj

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by CHRISTIANJEEH: 10:14pm On Jan 07, 2019
how many people are in abujah to confirm this news because so many news us flowing in and we don't even know which one to believe again

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by ceejeck(m): 10:22pm On Jan 07, 2019
It not like they would use the money to improve the schools.

Please what is that money for?

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by PennywysCares(m): 10:25pm On Jan 07, 2019
Spread my mat here
Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by hazan041(m): 10:28pm On Jan 07, 2019
Here

2 Likes

Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by Tunasco4u(m): 10:35pm On Jan 07, 2019
Let see how it goes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by Nobeluscabral: 10:35pm On Jan 07, 2019
Nairalanders you all should be careful when dealing with people.

This dude called Nobelus Cabral scammed me of 800 euros two weeks ago. He promised to pay back by 27th of December when he gets his Paycheck by December 27th but when it was time to pay he blocked me on Facebook, and blocked my 3 numbers on WhatsApp.

The dude reside in Georgia USA and he's feeling that there's nothing that can be done to get him down.
The Internet is a world of its own when I'm done tarnishing this fraudster image he will sure get deported.

My aunt tried sending the money to me to Nigeria through western union but it always get cancelled so i decided to use this dude in USA and agreed he was going to credit me directly to my Naija account after pick up which he agreed and i even told him to take 15% and send the rest. This greedy idiot took everything and blocked me, i still can't believe nobelus would do such to me, money meant for my parents i can't even sleeping with at home again without my dad using words to hurt me and call me demeaning names like" Hungry thief" ur mates are working and you are stealing money your sister is sending to us.

Nobelus you will never go Scott free, never!!!

You think you can scam me of my hard earned 800 euros and go Scott free? Brother I'll tarnish your image everywhere.

His phone number/WhatsApp +16786814379
Facebook name - Nobelus Cabral

43 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by SouthWestBlood(m): 10:36pm On Jan 07, 2019
Election is near.

If there is any other organisation that wants something done, now is the time to grab them by the balls.

Vote Sowore2019!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by abogjohn(m): 10:36pm On Jan 07, 2019
Buhari I lor you

1 Like

Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by festacman(m): 10:36pm On Jan 07, 2019
Chris Ngige is one of the busiest minister. I am sure even in his dreams, he will be seeing union leaders chasing him.

On a serious note, I think he has not doing badly as a negotiator given his strong and stubborn personality.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by emmyw(m): 10:36pm On Jan 07, 2019
cool cool
Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by asdfjklhaha(f): 10:37pm On Jan 07, 2019
hurray

1 Like

Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by Fidelismaria: 10:37pm On Jan 07, 2019
OK

So what does this mean?

Has the strike been suspended?

Y'all should stop beating bout the bush and go straight to the point
Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by semyman: 10:37pm On Jan 07, 2019
Agents of private and foreign universities, shame on your children ASUU

9 Likes

Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by KingOfAllIgbos: 10:37pm On Jan 07, 2019
cool

Election time is the best to negotiate with a government grin

After Buhari's 2nd term, una go strike tire cheesy

16 Likes

Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by YouareaBITCH(f): 10:37pm On Jan 07, 2019
grin

Now choose any of the information that pleases you

2 Likes

Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by Foodforthought: 10:38pm On Jan 07, 2019
So there was money to pay ASUU when FG kept students at home for 2 months

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by slawomir: 10:38pm On Jan 07, 2019
Isoright
Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by israelmao(m): 10:38pm On Jan 07, 2019
The ground shift finally happened.
Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by Alepa(m): 10:38pm On Jan 07, 2019
abogjohn:
Buhari I lor you
Correct man
Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by ibietela2(m): 10:38pm On Jan 07, 2019
Again?
Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by chily11: 10:38pm On Jan 07, 2019
So they know what to do but refuse to do it well there's God o

1 Like

Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by ATIKUOBIPDP: 10:39pm On Jan 07, 2019
Get your PVC Nigerians and lets VOTE out APC. A Party full of lies, blame game, insecurity, shedding of innocent blood, poverty and jeopardizing the future of Nigeria and our unborn children.
We all know its only ATIKU/OBI (PDP) that can stand this corrupt APC that are willing to rig this 2019 election.

Lets VOTE ATIKU/OBI.
VOTE PDP.

Lets get Nigeria working.
God bless you all.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by Passionate888: 10:39pm On Jan 07, 2019
Ok o
Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by omojeesu(m): 10:39pm On Jan 07, 2019
InoutNaija:
The Federal Government has reached an agreement with members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU).

Addressing journalists on Monday evening after the meeting with the striking lecturers in Abuja, the Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, said the majority of their demands have been met including the release of N15.4 billion for payment of salary shortfalls.

According to him, the Federal Government is also in the process of releasing another N20 billion for payment of earned allowances for university lecturers.

Meanwhile, the ASUU President, Professor Biodun Ogunyemi, said the National Executive Committee of the union will review their decisions based on the new commitment by the government.

According to him, it is only after that meeting of the ASUU leadership that the union will announce its position on the ongoing strike action.

Its been over two months since the union went on strike following the alleged inability of the government to respond to its demands.

READ MORE: https://www.inoutnaija.com/2019/01/chioma-finally-leaves-davido-kemi.html

GOOD NEWS.

TIME WILL TELL IF IT WILL WORK OUT.
Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by jaxxy(m): 10:39pm On Jan 07, 2019
Apc is desperate now they will negotiate with anyone right about now grin
Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by myettiallah: 10:39pm On Jan 07, 2019
The N15.4 bn that was slashed from National Assembly budget
grin grin grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by ShitHead(m): 10:39pm On Jan 07, 2019
Where did they release it?

On the forehead or inside ASUU?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by sinkhole: 10:39pm On Jan 07, 2019
If I hear NLC, TUC where ASUU dey, I go just run follow ASUU anytime grin grin Dem just hold government by the balls and see result! But where Labour dey? dem don chicken out of strike opting for protest instead

4 Likes

Re: FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn by zoedew: 10:39pm On Jan 07, 2019
Jingo in the spotlight! #spotjingo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maxwell Eseosa-Aimuan, UNIBEN Lecturer Shot Dead By Gunmen (Photos) / Man Finally Graduates After Spending 12 Years In University / The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.