Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,506 members, 7,770,268 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:22 AM

Does Truth Exist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Truth Exist? (903 Views)

If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? / If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not / Do Aliens and Vampires Really Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Truth Exist? by LoveKing(m): 3:52pm On Apr 17, 2007
This is not Philosophy.

A Vanity i have noted in this life is that "we all stand for what we say,believe,and think as the truth". If this reasoning is positive then our different religion is the truth according to each of us ehm??i cant tell a muslim that his religion is false and a muslim cant tell me a christian that mine is false too.And the same way i cant tell a muslim that Muhammad is a hoax and he,the muslim, cant tell me that Jesus Christ is a sham. One way or the other, we were all born to what we believe. Some changed their belief later on in their adult life because they feel its the truth.

But we are all men! if we all stand for what we believe as the truth then which is the TRUTH in all?
I know according to Christianity Jesus Christ is the way. But would you tell a muslim that believing in Muhammad and Allah doesnt guarantee anyone salvation? would you say the same thing to a buddhist, taoist, a jew e.t.c? if they believe their God to be truth then it cant be false to them.
living a good life is reality and living a bad life is also reality. so then does truth exist
Re: Does Truth Exist? by macalurs(m): 6:53pm On May 17, 2007
No there is no ultimate truth. Ones truth is that which one finds for ones self.

For the fact something is widely agreed upon does not make it ultimately true.

We know, not because we know-- but we hope we know.
Re: Does Truth Exist? by TellyB(m): 8:09pm On May 17, 2007
In Indian, people look both ways before they cross the road. It won't matter whether anyone believes there's some truth in it or not; but the moment such a person crosses the road looking only one way (or not looking at all), he would find out pretty much the reality of his actions.

It is no different around the world. Even in Nigeria, South America, and Australia, the same holds true. You don't have to agree on anything -- just go stand in front of a molue on a very busy expressway, and come back and give us situational report! cool
Re: Does Truth Exist? by macalurs(m): 11:34pm On May 17, 2007
Telly B:

In Indian, people look both ways before they cross the road. It won't matter whether anyone believes there's some truth in it or not; but the moment such a person crosses the road looking only one way (or not looking at all), he would find out pretty much the reality of his actions.

It is no different around the world. Even in Nigeria, South America, and Australia, the same holds true. You don't have to agree on anything -- just go stand in front of a molue on a very busy expressway, and come back and give us situational report! cool
speaking of morals and high horses

What has this retarded response got to do with the question?
Re: Does Truth Exist? by TellyB(m): 11:36pm On May 17, 2007
macalurs:

speaking of morals and high horses

What has this retarded response got to do with the question?

Everything that retards can't understand.

(1) (Reply)

Sins & Its Antitode / The Beast That Was, And Is / Spiritual Matter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.