Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Help For African Authors At No Charge! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Help For African Authors At No Charge! (2120 Views)

7 Must Read Books By African Authors / Weaknesses of African Authors Writing In English. / Famous Books Of African Authors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help For African Authors At No Charge! by Peaceworld(m): 10:28pm On Aug 08, 2010
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the many emails I’ve received from you guys these past few years and yes, I think I can help young authors out there like many of you. Your messages and touching pleas have finally got to me, I guess! I do hope you all are enjoying yourselves, though. Just back from my US trip and boy, am I so exhausted! However I still feel something could be done for the young African writer and I know that most of you out there are budding and talented writers, so this is announcing my FREE editing service for every African writer across the globe. Yes, you heard right…it’s FREE, and if you’re interested, you can go to my blog via www.georgeshadow..com and read up my post for today, Sunday 08/08/2010.

I’ll also be reviewing completed novel manuscripts on request and a token fee of, wait…YOU ALSO GET TO DECIDE THIS AMOUNT! Yes, you heard right again! I’ll provide my account to you on request IF you feel I’ve helped you enough and you get to pay in WHATEVER you feel is OK for the endearing help you feel I’ve offered to you! AND WAIT AGAIN…YOU DON’T NEED TO PAY ANYTHING FOR THIS SERVICE AS WELL! And believe me, I promise you I won’t miss a thing in my reviews…plot lines, character development, chapter analysis, writing style, background analysis, you name it! This means I’ll be suggesting, in the course of all this, ways you can improve on your story…you know…how the story can be made…well…in lay terms…more interesting and fascinating! In addition, we can discuss book cover designs and the best I feel you can do concerning this for your work if you feel you’re ready to publish.
I know I can bring out the time to do this so…this is it, guys!

Peaceworld
Re: Help For African Authors At No Charge! by mjay(m): 6:41am On Aug 09, 2010
interesting!!!!
Re: Help For African Authors At No Charge! by Peaceworld(m): 10:24pm On Aug 09, 2010
Hi guys,
I'm also thinking of gathering info on my blog concerning grants for African authors and how best to access these grants. The US and other western countries do this, and I know that Africa's contribution in this order will not be as substantial, but there are organizations out there doing this and it will assist young authors a lot if they can know where to go to for these grants and how to access them. How to write an application for them, etc, etc, Will keep you all posted on this,
Re: Help For African Authors At No Charge! by Peaceworld(m): 1:05am On Aug 22, 2010
Hi Everyone!
You can now go to some sites I think are helping African authors from my blog
www.georgeshadow..com
Email me if you need to apply for these grants and do take care,
Re: Help For African Authors At No Charge! by Peaceworld(m): 1:26am On Aug 22, 2010
Just copy the links and paste in Google's search bar,
Re: Help For African Authors At No Charge! by iDoc(m): 4:44pm On Aug 22, 2010
I'd like to know if you could also do some proof reading and content/style editing for a health mag I'm planning. I'm a medical doctor and I want to know how my pieces and publications might be received by the reading public.
Re: Help For African Authors At No Charge! by MyneWhite1(f): 11:26pm On Aug 22, 2010
Naija stories is a social networking site for Nigerian writers where we all benefit from each other. Check it out.
Re: Help For African Authors At No Charge! by Peaceworld(m): 2:27am On Aug 23, 2010
Hi Doc,
Of course I can help you! All you have to do is send your manuscripts to me at
mailgeorgeshadow@yahoo.com
Remember to read up my guidelines on my blog at
www.georgeshadow..com

Authors in need of Grants, there's now a new link on my blog site. Be sure to check it out. I think it is promising, And always remember to keep checking on the site, who knows what help you might find there next?
Re: Help For African Authors At No Charge! by Peaceworld(m): 11:36pm On Sep 03, 2010
Hi Guys, THIS is to inform Nneka, Chinyere, Linda, Obiageli, Evewore, Olufumi and Mr. Johnson that I have received their manuscripts, taking time to look into them. I will contact you all personally. Linda, I think you do have the flare and talent for the tricky style you have chosen. It takes courage to be trying out what you are doing. Do take care. All of you. I still urge you guys to check out my blog for Submission details.
www.georgeshadow..com
Go to my monthly archives and look it up, please, stop calling me for it. I'm a physiotherapist, you know, and I'm so busy nowadays, so don't call me unless it's about something else, I'm just trying to help here. And how did you guys come across my number? The new one, I mean? Phew!
Re: Help For African Authors At No Charge! by hollypetex(m): 3:55pm On Sep 04, 2010
are u real or u just want to still people's work? pick no offence.
Re: Help For African Authors At No Charge! by Peaceworld(m): 6:27pm On Sep 04, 2010
Yeah, the freebies I decided to upload on my 4shared inbox is now ready guys. I'll soon paste the link on my blog. You can go to the 4shared site through this link when I'm ready, maybe this night, get free downloads concerning writing and how to do it well. Until then, that is - and Holleypetex, I think you meant 'steal.' Please check out my blog if you are really in doubt about this help I feel I'm already rendering to so many now. And of course I take no offense for your comments here guys, it's a free world, and as authors we should endeavor to let others speak their mind all the time. This brings out the best in us and those we interact with on a daily basis.
In talks with Xlibris to see if they can get a Nigerian payment system for upcoming and intending authors who want to publish their works with them. Please go to my blog and register your approval of this drive if you know them and want to publish with them, These guys come so cheap and I feel they have a good bargain for the African author who want a very good job at an affordable price. Check out their website if you want to know more at www.xlibris.com.
Presently they do not have a means of payment by wire or credit card from Nigeria and I am seriously working to open this up. It sure will go a long way in assisting adventurers amongst you who really want to self-publish their debut works. Our country's reputation as a den of fraudsters is not helping matters, though, so if you think trying to make them reconsider their refusal to open up a Nigerian market for their company is a good venture, please go to my blog at www.georgeshadow.blogpost.com and register your approval by commenting on the piece I'll soon post about this. I haven't posted it, but will keep you guys updated on this everyday. Do take care.
Re: Help For African Authors At No Charge! by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 04, 2010
Peaceworld thanks for taking up review of my book for free. Love what you're doing. Not everybody can decide to do this. How long will the review take? And the editing? Really love you, man! If to say I no get bobo (LOL)
Re: Help For African Authors At No Charge! by Peaceworld(m): 10:31pm On Sep 12, 2010
Linda hi
Yes am thru with the review and editing of your work. Sent it back with a copy of what I've done. Pls check your email inbox.
Re: Help For African Authors At No Charge! by Peaceworld(m): 11:50pm On Sep 26, 2010
Hi Guys, THIS is to inform Nneka, Chinyere, Linda, Obiageli, Evewore and Nelson that I'm through with their scripts. Check your email inbox, everyone!
Re: Help For African Authors At No Charge! by invisible2(m): 7:11pm On Oct 08, 2010
Hmmmmmm?
Re: Help For African Authors At No Charge! by Peaceworld(m): 1:58am On Jan 09, 2011
Hi guys and a happy new year to all my friends in nairaland. I'm all out this year to help you guys aand I am starting right now! Want to publish your book? The company that published my book is not in Nigeria, though they do a good job. You'll need up to N70,000 to do this but the result will surely impress you, blow your mind, that is. Pls contact my book consultant and please remind her that George Shadow referred you to her. Dont forget this so that she'll give you some incentives alongside the deal. Her contact is

Rhea.Villacarlos@Xlibris.com

Type it in with the capitals please. And below is the link to my book's sales page on their site
http://www.xlibrispublishing.co.uk/bookstore/bookdisplay.aspx?bookid=301093

Do take care.
Re: Help For African Authors At No Charge! by frank317: 8:08am On Mar 26, 2011
peace

i sent you a mail but still have got no reply. how else can i contact you since u dont check your mails. thanks
Re: Help For African Authors At No Charge! by Peaceworld(m): 12:45am On Mar 27, 2011
Kish you can contact me via phone, in Nigeria now 07030815856
Re: Help For African Authors At No Charge! by frank317: 11:06pm On Mar 28, 2011
the number is not going through, guess u are not yet back to nigeria. meanwhile, have u gotten my boook. pls let me know if u hav gotten it. it seems u dont read ur mail often.
Re: Help For African Authors At No Charge! by jchisom: 9:36am On Apr 01, 2011
To help African authors also check out www.logosandaudibles..com
on facebook search for
logosandaudiblesconsults for editing/proofreading and publishing help too
Re: Help For African Authors At No Charge! by Peaceworld(m): 2:21pm On Apr 08, 2011
Please guys, I'd be really grateful if you paste only FREE help links for African authors here, that's the post's idea in the first place, thank you for understanding,
Re: Help For African Authors At No Charge! by Peaceworld(m): 2:27pm On Apr 08, 2011
OK by FREE I mean no payments for the service rendered. Absolutely zero. 'Help' is a word we keep bastardizing. When you 'HELP' someone, you're asking for NOTHING in return. Thank you.
Re: Help For African Authors At No Charge! by Orikinla(m): 8:40pm On Apr 13, 2011
Sola Osofisan has more coordinated website for African writers. See www.africanwriter.com. You can get more intellectual opportunities on the Nigerians in America website.
Re: Help For African Authors At No Charge! by frank317: 9:46pm On Apr 13, 2011
Wow! @peaceword, you are great and good. Thanks a thousand times for the work you did in my book. You are the best. Would you please consider my request to be my editor? For a long time I have been looking for some1 as good as you and I don’t intend to let you go now that I have found you. I will also want to get to know you better because you are obviously a wonderful person and knowing you will add so much to my life positively.
Thank you very much, God will continue to bless you
Re: Help For African Authors At No Charge! by Peaceworld(m): 10:05am On Apr 14, 2011
Of course I can be your editor, frank, we just nd to work out the details and since I'm so busy, it will take time, you have my number? Still in Nigeria, but we can communicate here when I leave,
Re: Help For African Authors At No Charge! by Peaceworld(m): 5:17pm On Apr 14, 2011
Jude I'm thru with your manuscript. Pls check your inbox. Loved the plot, the ending especially,
Re: Help For African Authors At No Charge! by Peaceworld(m): 7:16am On Apr 25, 2011
OK, this is to tell Netty, Chioms, Ola and Haruna that I'm thru rvwing their manuscripts. Equinone almost thru with yours. Check out grants on my blog now!

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious - Real Test Answers That Are Genius And Smart But Still Wrong / A Letter From An Aborted Baby / Recommend A Humorous Book Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.