Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,348 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others (19493 Views)

Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him / Ebute-Meta Building Tenants Given Quit Notice Before Collapse - Caretaker / Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by damiloladuke: 4:07pm On Jan 02, 2019
A caretaker, Abdul Bello, on Wednesday dragged Khadija Afolabi, a tenant, to a Sharia court sitting at Magajin Gari, Kaduna, demanding her evacuation from the compound because she disclosed her rent to other tenants who paid higher rates, Punch Metro reports.

The complainant accused the defendant of not keeping to her promise of packing out of the house three months ago when she was served with a notice from the landlady, Hajiya Farin-Dutse.

Bello explained that the house, located at No 24, Yoruba Road, contained two flats.

He said that Afolabi took one flat and had been paying an annual rent of N130,000 for four years, while the other tenant was paying N150,000

“She begged me to talk to the landlady to consider her financial status and accept N125,000, which I did, and the landlady agreed but only accepted N130,000,’’ he explained.

The caretaker accused the tenant of revealing the amount she paid to the other tenant, an act he described as gossip; and which triggered a misunderstanding between the landlady and the other tenant.

He prayed the court to compel Afolabi to pack out of the house immediately, since her rent had expired since December 18, 2018; and as the landlady had already given out the flat to her cousin.

In her defence, the defendant denied any act of gossip in the matter, adding that she had been paying her rent diligently.

Judge Musa Sa’ad-Goma, after listening to both parties, ruled that Afolabi should pack out of the house on or before January 8.

https://lailasnews.com/caretaker-sues-tenant-for-disclosing-her-rent-to-others

4 Likes

Re: Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by ainas247: 5:31pm On Jan 02, 2019
cheesy One chance, someome help you and you betrayed him.. You just score Own goal.

Local SEO put your business on Google and get more clients check my profile to see results

23 Likes

Re: Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by Nedukkc: 5:31pm On Jan 02, 2019
Going to court is Too much stress...I will just increase it to 150k
That way no one is cheating the other.

This is why people don’t help people atimes, because sometimes they regret it.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by Paulfroshman: 5:31pm On Jan 02, 2019
wink
Re: Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by ChiefSweetus: 5:32pm On Jan 02, 2019
Chai. Rent of 150k
I will pay 10yrs... I don turn asst. Landlord be dat
People dey enjoy ooo

31 Likes

Re: Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by Olalan(m): 5:32pm On Jan 02, 2019
So people just can't keep their mouth shut

5 Likes

Re: Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by datola: 5:32pm On Jan 02, 2019
damiloladuke:
A caretaker, Abdul Bello, on Wednesday dragged Khadija Afolabi, a tenant, to a Sharia court sitting at Magajin Gari, Kaduna, demanding her evacuation from the compound because she disclosed her rent to other tenants who paid higher rates, Punch Metro reports.

The complainant accused the defendant of not keeping to her promise of packing out of the house three months ago when she was served with a notice from the landlady, Hajiya Farin-Dutse.

Bello explained that the house, located at No 24, Yoruba Road, contained two flats.

He said that Afolabi took one flat and had been paying an annual rent of N130,000 for four years, while the other tenant was paying N150,000

“She begged me to talk to the landlady to consider her financial status and accept N125,000, which I did, and the landlady agreed but only accepted N130,000,’’ he explained.

The caretaker accused the tenant of revealing the amount she paid to the other tenant, an act he described as gossip; and which triggered a misunderstanding between the landlady and the other tenant.

He prayed the court to compel Afolabi to pack out of the house immediately, since her rent had expired since December 18, 2018; and as the landlady had already given out the flat to her cousin.

In her defence, the defendant denied any act of gossip in the matter, adding that she had been paying her rent diligently.

Judge Musa Sa’ad-Goma, after listening to both parties, ruled that Afolabi should pack out of the house on or before January 8.

https://lailasnews.com/caretaker-sues-tenant-for-disclosing-her-rent-to-others

Hmmm...

1 Like

Re: Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by Authoreety: 5:32pm On Jan 02, 2019
Interesting
Re: Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by bentlywills(m): 5:33pm On Jan 02, 2019
O! Chim!

1 Like

Re: Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by Uyiii: 5:33pm On Jan 02, 2019
some tenants sha, devil incarnates.
even after the generosity of your landlady, you still found a way to fool yourself as a cow that you is nowcheesy

I don't really blame people that just build their houses without putting tenancy/renting into consideration.
some tenants can be very fvcking stupid and na dem nor even get money o, nonsense.

If you're a tenant here today, respect yourself in the owners house, it's not your own, strive hard to get yours, until then just follow the rules and regulations of the house and respek your fvcking self.

P.s: the other tenant didn't even have any right to be angry because she isn't paying same amount as the other foolish gossiping tenant, it's the sole right possessed by the owner of the house to tell you how much to pay, and you can fvcking get in if you agree and meet requirements, if not fvck off.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by helinues: 5:33pm On Jan 02, 2019
Scammo caretakers
Re: Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by Odani: 5:33pm On Jan 02, 2019
Ahan this one serious o and the tenant is not loyal
Re: Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by adekanmbi1986(m): 5:33pm On Jan 02, 2019
Hmm
Re: Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by FromZeroToHero(m): 5:33pm On Jan 02, 2019
See wetin Buhari dey cause

1 Like

Re: Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by Sanemind(m): 5:33pm On Jan 02, 2019
Funny
Re: Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by arantess: 5:33pm On Jan 02, 2019
Fair judgement, the tenant has learnt the hard way

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 02, 2019
What insolence! shocked
Re: Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by MZEE01: 5:34pm On Jan 02, 2019
ok
Re: Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by KingOfAllIgbos: 5:34pm On Jan 02, 2019
Good for her

She got a lower rate and still went to spoil landlady's business

5 Likes

Re: Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by xchrisss90(m): 5:34pm On Jan 02, 2019
Lol
Re: Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by exenxe1(m): 5:35pm On Jan 02, 2019
useless complainant

useless defendant

useless president

useless nation
Re: Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by jericco1(m): 5:41pm On Jan 02, 2019
she couldn't keep her mouth to herself after the benefit she is enjoying
Re: Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by Olastep1(m): 5:42pm On Jan 02, 2019
Funny set of people.

Develop your websites on www.olastep.com today
Re: Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 02, 2019
ChiefSweetus:
Chai. Rent of 150k
People dey enjoy ooo
why not build your own property if you can afford to throw out about #1.5m once instantly

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by Decryptor(m): 5:42pm On Jan 02, 2019
Very good!

Afolabi see where tatafo has landed you?

That's how they are! They stay at home doing nothing but keeping the compound dirty and gossiping.

That's why my uncle here in Abuja refuses to lease his property to them all the way from the sophisticated region because when you do good for them, they turn it to bad.

She must have told the other tenants that the Landlady was extorting them but that she (madam Afolabi) was smart enough to pay only what she thinks the property is worth without telling them that "she has been begging to pay less"!

Those people...don't play with them o.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by Penalty82(m): 5:42pm On Jan 02, 2019
If truly Nigeria is one, why will you drag a Nigerian to an Islamic court to be judged under sharia constitution.

1 Like

Re: Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by idu1(m): 5:46pm On Jan 02, 2019
undecided
Re: Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others by Chukazu: 5:46pm On Jan 02, 2019
ChiefSweetus:
Chai. Rent of 150k
People dey enjoy ooo

Location matters .am sure the same place would go for 400k in Lagos

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Houses To Be Demolished In Ajah, Eti-osa For The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge / Is This Practical In Nigeria....comments Please. / 4 Bedroom Duplex At Agege Lagos State,design & Constructed By Archaran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.