Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,150 members, 7,835,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help (2966 Views)

Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos / 40 U.S. Doctors Operate On 1-Week-Old Baby With Huge Growth On Her Neck(Pics) / Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by Ajakaiye83: 4:28pm On Jan 02, 2019
Dear Folks,

What do you think is wrong? My baby is three months old but her neck is not stable. It stays brief then flip sideways.

Kindly help out with suggestions on drugs and therapy to use

Thanks
Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by SenorFax(m): 4:33pm On Jan 02, 2019
Please take her to hospital, Nairaland is a dangerous place to ask such a sensitive question concerning an infant.

Too many useless kids online these days.

5 Likes

Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by Lloydthesaint: 4:40pm On Jan 02, 2019
Ajakaiye83:
Dear Folks,

What do you think is wrong? My baby is three months old but her neck is not stable. It stays brief then flip sideways.

Thanks

Kill it now before you spend a Fortune on neck surgery

1 Like

Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 02, 2019
Take her to the hospital and delete this thread immediately...Nairalanders are haters and joy killers

4 Likes

Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by oxypress: 5:12am On Jan 03, 2019
Take the baby to a pediatric neurologist in a Teaching Hospital for proper examination and diagnosis. The information here is very scanty. One cannot conclude and give advice.

1 Like

Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by Ajakaiye83: 3:13pm On Jan 03, 2019
Thanks a lot for your concerns. I have come to discover some times that you never can fully trust our doctors with their diagnosis.I am speak from personal expereiences and those close to me.

I Just wanted to know if there are people who had such experience and get help with how they got it resolved.
Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by Ajakaiye83: 3:19pm On Jan 03, 2019
Thanks

He is three months old.He meets all developmental milestones for that age bracket except this neck stuff and weight. weight is about 4kg now. Sucks breast fine and sleeps fine. Laughs a lot and plays well. Sticks out tongue too.

oxypress:
Take the baby to a pediatric neurologist in a Teaching Hospital for proper examination and diagnosis. The information here is very scanty. One cannot conclude and give advice.

1 Like

Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 03, 2019
how's the baby now
Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by Ajakaiye83: 7:31pm On Jan 03, 2019
He is fine do you have suggestions for me ?
Mafizo:
how's the baby now
Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 03, 2019
Ajakaiye83:

He is fine do you have suggestions for me ?
He's fine asin his neck is okay normal now?
Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by oxypress: 9:31pm On Jan 03, 2019
I have seen where you gave birth weight as 2.4kg. This is below acceptable normal and can lead to problems. The neck muscle is weak. The tongue is weak so its likely to protrude outside. You said baby sucks well but is there enough milk? If there is then the jaw muscles are relatively weak and probably not taking enough milk. Now where there other problems before, during, and after birth? Was it normal or C/S delivery. Did she cry immediately after delivery? Any jaundice or admission in hospital?

1 Like

Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by Ajakaiye83: 8:50am On Jan 04, 2019
Not yet. Believing in miracle
Mafizo:

He's fine asin his neck is okay normal now?
Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 04, 2019
Ajakaiye83:

Not yet. Believing in miracle
Don't just sit and wait there for miracle to happen

1 Like

Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by Ajakaiye83: 2:24pm On Jan 04, 2019
Many thanks Oxypress.
He didnt have jaundice. Delivery was CS. I was told he cried after delivery. He is not the crying type too. He didnt cry during immunizations too except the second one. His pain threshold seems high.I dont the tongue is weak though. He twist and stretches the tongue at will and can keep the tongue in control. There is enough milk from the mother also that i know (hope you get my drift). The only concern i observe is during delivery. The baby head was already descended by morning but doctor didnt do CS till like 8hrs after.
Do you think that also could be a problem? He is very active baby just this neck thing nii

oxypress:
I have seen where you gave birth weight as 2.4kg. This is below acceptable normal and can lead to problems. The neck muscle is weak. The tongue is weak so its likely to protrude outside. You said baby sucks well but is there enough milk? If there is then the jaw muscles are relatively weak and probably not taking enough milk. Now where there other problems before, during, and after birth? Was it normal or C/S delivery. Did she cry immediately after delivery? Any jaundice or admission in hospital?
Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by helovesme(f): 5:00pm On Jan 04, 2019
Ajakaiye83:
Dear Folks,

Thanks

RELAX !!!!

Some babies especially boys do not achieve stable neck control till when they are around 4 months ago. Some even 5-6months. So relax and stop worrying about his neck control.

What you should worry about his your baby's weight. You need to take him for regular weight checks to ensure he is adding on weight accordingly. A birth weight of 2.4kg is considered low and if he is not putting on weight in line with expectation, you might need to introduce formula to help with his weight gain as breastmilk alone is clearly not meeting his needs.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by ganagagi: 5:32pm On Jan 04, 2019
Pls pay attention to me,I have checked ur problem and I have understand that not only the neck she can not rise up her legs and hands isn't it? I will explain way out later
Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by dockokwus: 6:18pm On Jan 04, 2019
Baby sucks well,good cry,milestones achieved for age,but neck is "unstable" and you are requesting for a drug to cure the "unstable" neck.
Sorry to say,but you are the type many health professionals encounter these days,both those on Health insurance and private patients:
What are your symptoms they are asked,
"I have malaria sha,my body is paining me and headache.That's how I know I have malaria, give me malaria medicine".Even after having completed malaria drugs gotten from a chemist shop!
If you don't give them,they repeat the visit till u do.
They end up visiting d hospital up to 4times a month,on maybe first 2visits requesting for malaria treatment,then maybe on 3rd they now say they feel there is also typhoid involved,and each time wanting to go home and take drugs,like some sort of lab rats!
At your child's age,floppy neck maybe expected,particularly when other things check out.
If u still believe something is wrong,take d child to be evaluated,not coming here asking for drugs to cure an " unstable" neck.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by oxypress: 4:41am On Jan 05, 2019
Ajakaiye83:

Many thanks Oxypress.
He didnt have jaundice. Delivery was CS. I was told he cried after delivery. He is not the crying type too. He didnt cry during immunizations too except the second one. His pain threshold seems high.I dont the tongue is weak though. He twist and stretches the tongue at will and can keep the tongue in control. There is enough milk from the mother also that i know (hope you get my drift). The only concern i observe is during delivery. The baby head was already descended by morning but doctor didnt do CS till like 8hrs after.
Do you think that also could be a problem? He is very active baby just this neck thing nii

I know exactly what went wrong o, I only want you to throw more light so that other mamas here and fake advisers will learn. Some of them are even calling me names. I have delivered many children in the labour room and done several c/s in the theatre o, so I know what I am asking.

Maam, a baby that weighs 2.4kg would have been easy to deliver when the pelvis is adequate. You said the head was down, then why was it not delivered? There must be a reason. Waiting for 8 hrs 'on top' of a prolonged or non progressing labour is another problem. Extracting a baby by c/s whose head is already down is another difficult problem too.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by Ajakaiye83: 7:51am On Jan 05, 2019
Thanks Ma'am.
Maybe I am just anxious.I am first time mother .

I was also thinking in that line of introducing formula to him.

I really appreciate

helovesme:

RELAX !!!!

Some babies especially boys do not achieve stable neck control till when they are around 4 months ago. Some even 5-6months. So relax and stop worrying about his neck control.

What you should worry about his your baby's weight. You need to take him for regular weight checks to ensure he is adding on weight accordingly. A birth weight of 2.4kg is considered low and if he is not putting on weight in line with expectation, you might need to introduce formula to help with his weight gain as breastmilk alone is clearly not meeting his needs.
Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by Ajakaiye83: 7:54am On Jan 05, 2019
No. He kicks with his legs and throw his hands.Laughs and sometimes mimics your sounds

quote author=ganagagi post=74451015]Pls pay attention to me,I have checked ur problem and I have understand that not only the neck she can not rise up her legs and hands isn't it? I will explain way out later[/quote]
Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by Ajakaiye83: 8:06am On Jan 05, 2019
Many thanks for your inputs since I started this thread.

Regarding the cs operation, I felt the doctor wanted extort me by doing CS.he collected 200k.
When I got there by 10am,he said I had dilated to 7cm and he could touched baby head.I was taken to delivery room and was given a drip(oxytocin I suppose) maybe expedite the delivery but the pain was too much and I was feeling really cold. He stopped it and took me back to waiting room. That I should be observed a while . He didn't say anything again till like 8hrs later ,all the while I was in serious labour pain.He now told my husband my pelvic small that I must do CS. What I don't understand is why did he say that when I got there in the morning after the first check.

Had to do the cs cos it was late at night and risk of going to gen hospital and not getting attended to was there.

oxypress:

I know exactly what went wrong o, I only want you to throw more light so that other mamas here and fake advisers will learn. Some of them are even calling me names. I have delivered many children in the labour room and done several c/s in the theatre o, so I know what I am asking.

Maam, a baby that weighs 2.4kg would have been easy to deliver when the pelvis is adequate. You said the head was down, then why was it not delivered? There must be a reason. Waiting for 8 hrs 'on top' of a prolonged or non progressing labour is another problem. Extracting a baby by c/s whose head is already down is another difficult problem too.
Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by oxypress: 11:02am On Jan 05, 2019
hbot and unstable neck: There is enough info here to make up my mind: Inadequate pelvis, prolonged labour, failed induction, C/S. The C/S was in good faith and not by greed (so you fit go dash am tombo).
Each of these problems here can cause perinatal hypoxia. Then when the problems accumulate the suffering amplifies.
The baby may not have been receiving enough nutrition intrauterine that is why it is small for date. All the perinatal condition point to poor blood and oxygen supply to the brain.

Poor blood flow to the baby during labour can cause braincell malfunction resulting in weak muscles.
Even at the teaching hospital level there is no specific drug that can take care of this. You can find out this by yourself.

In oyibo land, and only those who know use hyperbaric oxygen therapy (hbot) for this type of problem.

HBOT is breathing 100% oxygen under increased pressure. It is non-invasive and safe to use. It can repair nonfunctional cells and restore function.
Wish you all the best as you search for solution.

Note: I have removed the strong language (hard truth) I normally use. Read my other articles.

1 Like

Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by Ajakaiye83: 7:31pm On Jan 06, 2019
Thanks for your input. I appreciate.

I will look into it and update you all as it progresses.

I am having an intuition that it is just been delay,she will be fine

oxypress:
hbot and unstable neck: There is enough info here to make up my mind: Inadequate pelvis, prolonged labour, failed induction, C/S. The C/S was in good faith and not by greed (so you fit go dash am tombo).
Each of these problems here can cause perinatal hypoxia. Then when the problems accumulate the suffering amplifies.
The baby may not have been receiving enough nutrition intrauterine that is why it is small for date. All the perinatal condition point to poor blood and oxygen supply to the brain.

Poor blood flow to the baby during labour can cause braincell malfunction resulting in weak muscles.
Even at the teaching hospital level there is no specific drug that can take care of this. You can find out this by yourself.

In oyibo land, and only those who know use hyperbaric oxygen therapy (hbot) for this type of problem.

HBOT is breathing 100% oxygen under increased pressure. It is non-invasive and safe to use. It can repair nonfunctional cells and restore function.
Wish you all the best as you search for solution.

Note: I have removed the strong language (hard truth) I normally use. Read my other articles.
Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by Nsiehi: 12:16am On Jan 07, 2019
Does your baby have abnormal facial features?
I am suspecting Down Syndrome from your description of poor neck control and tongue protrusion. You need to see a paediatric neurologist.

1 Like

Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by Ajakaiye83: 1:37pm On Jan 08, 2019
Thanks for your input.
This is my worst fear. I have been told to do Karotyping to be sure.
Abnormal features like what pls ? Do you know where I can do Karotyping for cheap ? I was billed 108k by a clinic in Ilupeju.
Nsiehi:
Does your baby have abnormal facial features?
I am suspecting Down Syndrome from your description of poor neck control and tongue protrusion. You need to see a paediatric neurologist.
Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by Nsiehi: 10:43pm On Jan 08, 2019
Ajakaiye83:
Thanks for your input.
This is my worst fear. I have been told to do Karotyping to be sure.
Abnormal features like what pls ? Do you know where I can do Karotyping for cheap ? I was billed 108k by a clinic in Ilupeju.

Don't do a karyotyping yet. A Paediatrician can easily identify abnormal facial features, and in some cases, the exact disorder from the physical features. Please take your child to Paediatrician, preferably in a TEACHING hospital
Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by Ajakaiye83: 1:10pm On Jan 09, 2019
Thanks.

I took him to Massey Hospital,Island and was told to go for Karotyping to be sure.

The doctors there were not sure on the facial features

Nsiehi:

Don't do a karyotyping yet. A Paediatrician can easily identify abnormal facial features, and in some cases, the exact disorder from the physical features. Please take your child to Paediatrician, preferably in a TEACHING hospital
Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by Ajakaiye83: 10:03pm On Jan 10, 2019
Dear all,
Update on my baby health.
His neck is now more stable.can hold neck for more than 5s.
Now grabs toys and hold your face when close to his head.
But weight is still low .about 4.2kg at 3 and half months
Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by oxypress: 2:34am On Jan 11, 2019
Thank God for the improvements. We work with the information we get. The normal thing is to see (observe) and touch (palpate) the patient. Here we just assume and arrive at conclusions which is not right. Can we now go to sleep or waite for the the lab Kariotype test since the meds 'who saw' are still in doubt. A picture they say speaks more than a thousand words. Downs Syndrom is easily identifiable. There are other questions that poped up in my mind that I would have loved to ask. May be someone would do that.

1 Like

Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by Ajakaiye83: 2:22pm On Jan 11, 2019
You have been wonderful and supportive through this ordeal. I really appreciate your efforts.

Please ask the questions.

oxypress:
Thank God for the improvements. We work with the information we get. The normal thing is to see (observe) and touch (palpate) the patient. Here we just assume and arrive at conclusions which is not right. Can we now go to sleep or waite for the the lab Kariotype test since the meds 'who saw' are still in doubt. A picture they say speaks more than a thousand words. Downs Syndrom is easily identifiable. There are other questions that poped up in my mind that I would have loved to ask. May be someone would do that.
Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by oxypress: 5:00pm On Jan 24, 2019
I am still following this case but now I have to state the diagnosis so that you will not continue to struggle for nothing wasting your time.

You just said somewhere in another thread that the limbs are weak. Take note: the diagnosis is cerebral palsy, CP.
That is the truth and it is bitter. Hope you have not wasted your money for karyotyping.
Cerebral palsy is difficult to treat by conventional medical standards. We manage CP patients with hyperbaric oxygen therapy and patients begin to see results from the very first day. But you need months of treatments.
HBOT takes time and resources. But gradually they begin to see positive results. For further clarification click on 'oxypress' and talk with us.
Re: 3 Months Old Baby Neck Not Stable!!!pls Help by comtem2011: 9:07pm On Jan 26, 2019
oxypress:
I am still following this case but now I have to state the diagnosis so that you will not continue to struggle for nothing wasting your time.

You just said somewhere in another thread that the limbs are weak. Take note: the diagnosis is cerebral palsy, CP.
That is the truth and it is bitter. Hope you have not wasted your money for karyotyping.
Cerebral palsy is difficult to treat by conventional medical standards. We manage CP patients with hyperbaric oxygen therapy and patients begin to see results from the very first day. But you need months of treatments.
HBOT takes time and resources. But gradually they begin to see positive results. For further clarification click on 'oxypress' and talk with us.

Cerebral palsy just like that? This child is 3 Months old for goodness sake, how do you expect a stable neck at that age? @op, your baby is fine. You are just been curious and that's normal in ftm. Your child has no issue.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Help My Head Itches / 4 Pads Acupuncture Digital Therapy Full Body Muscle Pain Relief Massager / Kayan Mata At Low Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.