Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Nigerian Inventor Drives Self-made Aero-amphibious Automobile To Meet President! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigerian Inventor Drives Self-made Aero-amphibious Automobile To Meet President! (1663 Views)

Man Filmed Driving A Self-made Car On The Streets Of Lagos (photos) / Durojaiye Kehinde Obasanjo: I Drove My Amphibious Car From Lagos To Abuja / Please Help Me Out With Advice On The Best Automobile To Buy For My Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Inventor Drives Self-made Aero-amphibious Automobile To Meet President! by Naijautonews: 4:56am On Jan 03, 2019
A Nigerian researcher and inventor named Durojaiye Kehinde Obasanjo has taken a 15-hour journey in his self-made aero-amphibious automobile/jet from Lagos State to Abuja in an endeavor to meet Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari and the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.

The vehicle, as shared by Obasanjo can move on the ground, underwater, and air, has the design of an airplane with propellers and wings, capturing lots of curiosity as it run along Abuja streets. People keep showing awe while asking him for a touch and selfies with the outlandish car. He installed a floating device so the car can easily move on water:

That is it cannot sink and it moves like watercraft when in water and moves like a normal car when on the ground and moves like aircraft when flying.

Sharing on his desire to see the president and the vice president, he said:

There was a car that I built to be mass produced in Nigeria to boost our GDP but some local government officials in Lagos destroyed that their boss told me it was an illegal venture.

I reported the case to Governor Ambode of Lagos and he said they should meet with me but they ignored his directive. That is why I came to Abuja to report to the necessary quarters.

So, I want to meet Mr. President and Vice President to let them know what is going on how they destroyed that vehicle.

Mr. Obasanjo hopes the Government would protect this invention

The man also said that he spent over a year to build this car from junk materials and showed off that worldwide viewers and media corporations were interested in his invention, CNN even made a short documentary about it.

That is why I go to the length of using junks so that people will see it and know what we can do. It runs on fuel and solar energy alternatively.

Talking about the commercialization plan, he expressed his wish that Nigeria would be the first country to bring the vehicle into mass production, also he believed that it would be a breakthrough in the world’s transportation history.

What a creative and bravery man! Now, let's wait and see what would happen next!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARNJeZJPHlg

Source: https://naijauto.com/market-news/nigerian-inventor-drives-self-made-aero-amphibious-automobile-to-meet-president-1957

Re: Nigerian Inventor Drives Self-made Aero-amphibious Automobile To Meet President! by DEXTROVERT: 6:18am On Jan 03, 2019
Kudos
Is
Blessed
With
Raw
Talents

God
Bless
Hausa
Igbo
Yoruba

We
Need
To
Unite
Re: Nigerian Inventor Drives Self-made Aero-amphibious Automobile To Meet President! by Naijautonews: 8:16am On Jan 03, 2019
This made us relate to a 1982 SUV which could actually swim - the Amphi Ranger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MXVB7hYytQ

More details here: https://naijauto.com/market-news/witness-the-off-road-suv-that-can-actually-swim-1898

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Start Car Dealerships / What Is The Best Way To Transport Car Lagos-abuja? / What Car Should I Get As My First Car As A 21 Year Old.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.