Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Story Of A Man Who Succumbed To Temptation. Inspirational Read !! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Story Of A Man Who Succumbed To Temptation. Inspirational Read !! (8161 Views)

"You Are Making Fun Of A Man Who Is Older Than Your Father!" ... " / Dealing With The Temptation To Show Off / The Temptation Of The Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Story Of A Man Who Succumbed To Temptation. Inspirational Read !! by akinsmail51: 7:31am On Jan 04, 2019
It is related that a group of people were once seated in the company of Al-Hasan Al-Basri, when some men passed by, dragging along with them a body of a dead man. When Al-Hasan saw the dead man, a glint of instant recognition could be discerned in his eyes, and he fell unconscious from the shock of some memory that had just been rekindled. When he regained consciousness, his companions asked him what was wrong with him.

He said: This man – referring to the dead man being dragged along on the ground – used to be one of the best worshipers and one of the most renowned ascetics (in the world) (renouncing all the temporary pleasures of this world because he was so busy and devoted to worship).

One day he left his home, intending to go to the Masjid to pray, but on the way, he saw a beautiful young Christian women, who became an immediate temptation to him.

When he proposed to her, she refused, saying; “I will not marry you until you become an adherent of my religion.”

He went on his way, but as time went on, he yearned for her continued to increase. He then succumbed to her wish and exited from the fold of (Islaam) the religion of pure, unadulterated Monotheism.

After he became a Christian and some time passed, the woman came out to him from behind the curtain and said, “You are a man who is bereft of goodness. You have forsaken your religion, which was important to you for your entire life, simply for the sake of a lust that is of no value. Indeed, I too am forsaking my religion, but not for the same reason. I am doing so in order to achieve a blissful existence that never comes to an end, an eternal existence under the care of the One, the As-Samad (i.e., Allaah; The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creature need, He neither eats nor drinks).” She then recited the entire Chapter of Al-Ikhlaas:

“Say (O Muhammad (saw): “He is Allaah, (the) One. Allaah-us-Samad (The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, He neither eats nor drinks). He begets not, nor was He begotten; And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him.” [Qur’aan:112:1-4]

When the people had heard about what she had said, they approached her and asked, “All along, you had this Chapter memorized?“

“No,” she answered. “By Allaah, I had never known it before. But after this man continued to insist upon having me, I saw a dream; I saw Hellfire, and my place in it was shown to me. I became terrified and panic-stricken. Maalik – the custodian of the Hellfire – said to me: ‘Do not be afraid or sad, for Allaah has ransomed (i.e., saved) you with this man (i.e., he will take the place in Hellfire that you would have taken had not Allaah saved you).’ He then took me by the hand and admitted me into Paradise. Seeing a line written inside of it, I read it; among what was written were these Words:

“Allaah blots out what He wills and confirms (what He wills). And with Him is the Mother of the Book (Al-Lauh Al-Mahfooz).” {Qur’aan 13:39]}

He then recited the Al-Ikhlas Chapter to me, and I began to repeat it. Then I woke up and had it (the Al-Ikhlas Chapter) memorized.”

Al-Hasan then said, “The woman then embraced Islaam, and the man whose corpse you just saw being dragged away was killed for having apostatized. And I ask Allaah to make us firm and steadfast upon guidance and to grant us safety and success.”¹

[Transcribed from: Glimpses From The Lives Of Righteous People | Pages 53-55 | Compiled by: Majdi Muhammad Ash-Shahawi | Darussalam]

2 Likes

Re: Story Of A Man Who Succumbed To Temptation. Inspirational Read !! by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:02am On Jan 04, 2019
Remember to perform the Friday Sunnahs, and may Allah accept it from us.
No good comes from such marriages indeed.
Re: Story Of A Man Who Succumbed To Temptation. Inspirational Read !! by EmNaija: 12:22pm On Jan 04, 2019
I
Re: Story Of A Man Who Succumbed To Temptation. Inspirational Read !! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 04, 2019
I just got duller from reading this crap, burner boy was right after all.

17 Likes

Re: Story Of A Man Who Succumbed To Temptation. Inspirational Read !! by Afospecialk: 12:42pm On Jan 04, 2019
akinsmail51:
It is related that a group of people were once seated in the company of Al-Hasan Al-Basri, when some men passed by, dragging along with them a body of a dead man. When Al-Hasan saw the dead man, a glint of instant recognition could be discerned in his eyes, and he fell unconscious from the shock of some memory that had just been rekindled. When he regained consciousness, his companions asked him what was wrong with him.

He said: This man – referring to the dead man being dragged along on the ground – used to be one of the best worshipers and one of the most renowned ascetics (in the world) (renouncing all the temporary pleasures of this world because he was so busy and devoted to worship).

One day he left his home, intending to go to the Masjid to pray, but on the way, he saw a beautiful young Christian women, who became an immediate temptation to him.

When he proposed to her, she refused, saying; “I will not marry you until you become an adherent of my religion.”

He went on his way, but as time went on, he yearned for her continued to increase. He then succumbed to her wish and exited from the fold of (Islaam) the religion of pure, unadulterated Monotheism.

After he became a Christian and some time passed, the woman came out to him from behind the curtain and said, “You are a man who is bereft of goodness. You have forsaken your religion, which was important to you for your entire life, simply for the sake of a lust that is of no value. Indeed, I too am forsaking my religion, but not for the same reason. I am doing so in order to achieve a blissful existence that never comes to an end, an eternal existence under the care of the One, the As-Samad (i.e., Allaah; The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creature need, He neither eats nor drinks).” She then recited the entire Chapter of Al-Ikhlaas:

“Say (O Muhammad (saw): “He is Allaah, (the) One. Allaah-us-Samad (The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, He neither eats nor drinks). He begets not, nor was He begotten; And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him.” [Qur’aan:112:1-4]

When the people had heard about what she had said, they approached her and asked, “All along, you had this Chapter memorized?“

“No,” she answered. “By Allaah, I had never known it before. But after this man continued to insist upon having me, I saw a dream; I saw Hellfire, and my place in it was shown to me. I became terrified and panic-stricken. Maalik – the custodian of the Hellfire – said to me: ‘Do not be afraid or sad, for Allaah has ransomed (i.e., saved) you with this man (i.e., he will take the place in Hellfire that you would have taken had not Allaah saved you).’ He then took me by the hand and admitted me into Paradise. Seeing a line written inside of it, I read it; among what was written were these Words:

“Allaah blots out what He wills and confirms (what He wills). And with Him is the Mother of the Book (Al-Lauh Al-Mahfooz).” {Qur’aan 13:39]}

He then recited the Al-Ikhlas Chapter to me, and I began to repeat it. Then I woke up and had it (the Al-Ikhlas Chapter) memorized.”

Al-Hasan then said, “The woman then embraced Islaam, and the man whose corpse you just saw being dragged away was killed for having apostatized. And I ask Allaah to make us firm and steadfast upon guidance and to grant us safety and success.”¹

[Transcribed from: Glimpses From The Lives Of Righteous People | Pages 53-55 | Compiled by: Majdi Muhammad Ash-Shahawi | Darussalam]

Lovely, educative and touching story. But am confused as to why the man in question was killed for apostatised. No such doctrine in the Holy Quran. Allah is all merciful and He Is forever of all sins. Shiriqu is d only sin Allah detest most and unforgivable

2 Likes

Re: Story Of A Man Who Succumbed To Temptation. Inspirational Read !! by Quality20(m): 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2019
Enlightening and great article
Re: Story Of A Man Who Succumbed To Temptation. Inspirational Read !! by akinsmail51: 7:38pm On Jan 04, 2019
Your comment really show the stuff you are made of. He who finds it so hard to learn the basic English grammar will surely find it much more difficult to comprehend the basics of Islam.

iPopAlomo:
Even the Quran says no compulsion in religion... yet this Muslims kill one of their own...

This are stories used in breeding extremist Muslim...

may God forgive us all as nobody holy pass...
Re: Story Of A Man Who Succumbed To Temptation. Inspirational Read !! by iPopAlomo(m): 8:32pm On Jan 04, 2019
akinsmail51:
Your comment really show the stuff you are made of. He who finds it so hard to learn the basic English grammar will surely find it much more difficult to comprehend the basics of Islam.

The basics of Islam is to kill a man that converted to Christianity because of a woman...?

You sir are one of the reason it gets difficult justifying Islam as a religion of peace...

Now that's a simple term in English... Salaam Alaekum to you...

3 Likes

Re: Story Of A Man Who Succumbed To Temptation. Inspirational Read !! by Boldstar(m): 6:20pm On Jan 05, 2019
akinsmail51:

Please enlighten us about the basics if Islam. Tell us where it is written those who apostacized be killed.

Mtcheew.

Islam is being ostracized enough these days. Please keep your extremist view to yourself
Re: Story Of A Man Who Succumbed To Temptation. Inspirational Read !! by iPopAlomo(m): 11:36pm On Jan 05, 2019
Dissappointed this thread was moved to nairaland front-page... Seun... I'm a Muslim and this is very wrong... please remove this thread... thank you...
Re: Story Of A Man Who Succumbed To Temptation. Inspirational Read !! by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:01am On Jan 06, 2019
Akinsmail51, leave the hypocrites alone! The Muslims with understanding and a pure heart understands the message!
The settings of the story is not democracy like ours here! It's an Islamic state and changing from the religion of the state is treason! And this is applicable today even in democratic settings.
May Allah increase us in understanding
Re: Story Of A Man Who Succumbed To Temptation. Inspirational Read !! by iPopAlomo(m): 7:20am On Jan 06, 2019
Rashduct4luv:
Akinsmail51, leave the hypocrites alone! The Muslims with understanding and a pure heart understands the message!
The settings of the story is not democracy like ours here! It's an Islamic state and changing from the religion of the state is treason! And this is applicable today even in democratic settings.
May Allah increase us in understanding

Mr Rashduct 4 love... have you killed anything before...?!!!

Islamic state of not...?
Re: Story Of A Man Who Succumbed To Temptation. Inspirational Read !! by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:33am On Jan 06, 2019
iPopAlomo:

Mr Rashduct 4 love... have you killed anything before...?!!!

Islamic state of not...?

Yes, I have killed rodents and pests as far as I can remember.

Have you popped Alomo today?

I don't think any Muslim will see someone with your name ipopalomo (I drink a kind of alcohol) as a good Muslim name. Islam forbid intoxicants and also calling oneself a bad name! Can you tell your family, wife, kid etc to call you by this name?
Re: Story Of A Man Who Succumbed To Temptation. Inspirational Read !! by iPopAlomo(m): 7:43am On Jan 06, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Yes, I have killed rodents and pests as far as I can remember.

Have you popped Alomo today?

I don't think any Muslim will see someone with your name ipopalomo (I drink a kind of alcohol) as a good Muslim name. Islam forbid intoxicants and also calling oneself a bad name! Can you tell your family, wife, kid etc to call you by this name?

Rashduct 4 love... clearly don't know what love is... I'm not the first Muslim that will consume alcohol neither am I the last... People call me iPop... and I've answered your question... now you answer mine... will you kill a Muslim in Lagos because he became a Christian...?

I didn't say mob, I didn't say they, I didn't say savages... I'm asking you... will you kill a Muslim because he became a Christian...?
Re: Story Of A Man Who Succumbed To Temptation. Inspirational Read !! by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:09am On Jan 06, 2019
iPopAlomo:

Rashduct 4 love... clearly don't know what love is... I'm not the first Muslim that will consume alcohol neither am I the last... People call me iPop... and I've answered your question... now you answer mine... will you kill a Muslim in Lagos because he became a Christian...?

I didn't say mob, I didn't say they, I didn't say savages... I'm asking you... will you kill a Muslim because he became a Christian...?

No, it is Haram for me to kill!
Re: Story Of A Man Who Succumbed To Temptation. Inspirational Read !! by iPopAlomo(m): 9:14am On Jan 06, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

No, it is Haram for me to kill!

This guy... you're a joke... this ends my discussion with you... Salaam Alaekum...

(1) (Reply)

Discriminations Against Muslims... / Do You Condemn Sheikh Bello Yabo For Incitement Of Extra-judicial Killing? / First Ever Muslim Gay Wedding In Uk Holds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.