Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,142 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

How IGALA Tribal Names “DIED” In The Hands Of Our Fathers - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How IGALA Tribal Names “DIED” In The Hands Of Our Fathers (628 Views)

Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video / Nigerian Lady With Tribal Marks Almost Committed Suicide (Photos) / I Want To Learn Igala Language, Get In Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How IGALA Tribal Names “DIED” In The Hands Of Our Fathers by nPeek: 8:30am On Jan 04, 2019
This was a touching but truthful piece about a Language (Minor Tribe) in Nigeria. One of the reason why languages, tribes, dies slowly and ceases to exist is the fact that people stop doing justice to its cause.

Here is a briefing by Ayegba Abdullahi Aduojo on a Minor Nigerian Language called IGALA

https://www.naijapeek.com/update/igala-language-tribal-names/
Re: How IGALA Tribal Names “DIED” In The Hands Of Our Fathers by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 04, 2019
please elucidate
Re: How IGALA Tribal Names “DIED” In The Hands Of Our Fathers by nPeek: 2:02pm On Jan 04, 2019
I believe the message was unveiled within the lines of the post.
And personally i have seen a family removing the so called tribal names from their name all for the fact that they don't want people to know their Origin
Re: How IGALA Tribal Names “DIED” In The Hands Of Our Fathers by RedboneSmith(m): 6:25pm On Jan 04, 2019
nPeek:
I believe the message was unveiled within the lines of the post.
And personally i have seen a family removing the so called tribal names from their name all for the fact that they don't want people to know their Origin

This is so strange. Why would people not want their origin to be known? Why would anyone feel so insecure about where they come from that they want to hide it?

1 Like

Re: How IGALA Tribal Names “DIED” In The Hands Of Our Fathers by nPeek: 12:10pm On Jan 05, 2019
My dear, it baffles me alot.
In Kogi state, there are places you will mention and people will start trembling. Reasons be that those areas are known for their dubious and wicked act.

Maybe its one of the reason why they hide it, i don't know but i have witnessed it.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Men Regarded As The Head Of The Family? / Honda Scooter Dio / Why Do I See Strange Things In A Split Seconds Whenever I Doze Off?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.