Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,862 members, 7,838,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Should I head to Masters straight up? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I head to Masters straight up? (751 Views)

50+ USA Graduate Positions: Masters & Straight Phd Opportunities / University Of Lagos Vs University Of Ibadan: A Head-to-head Comparison / Madu Stephanie Gets Straight A's In Her WAEC Result (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I head to Masters straight up? by Nddytex08(m): 7:20pm On Jan 04, 2019
Greetings fellow NAIRALANDERS, Pls I need your advice cos am in a delicate state now.

Am a young guy who finished from service in the latter part of 2018. As this year has already begun am in a kind of cross way between furthering for my master degree or getting a job for now(decent one) to at least be leaving home (mind u I stay with my parents for now) and be earning some money. As a young guy I need money in my pocket and not to looking up to my Parent for everything even as I have "Graduated" and should be on my own as they have tried so much for me; as well as get some working experience so as to fully concentrate on my master degree God willing by Year 2020. Or should I pursue my master now that am still kinda fresh(school-wise) back from service with passion for school (although the challenge of finance in school is another issue) which after upon completion I can get a "Much Better" job. I will be 25 Years this year (If not already) and I just want the best for my future as am approaching defining phases in my life. Pls I need mature n experience advice here. Thanks
Re: Should I head to Masters straight up? by xtain7: 8:42pm On Jan 04, 2019
My candid advice , if there's no Job at hand now. Apply for your MSc.. Time flies.

4 Likes

Re: Should I head to Masters straight up? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 04, 2019
Academic masters is tasking and it consumes money
Re: Should I head to Masters straight up? by xtain7: 11:58pm On Jan 04, 2019
asuustrike1:
But it's worth while

1 Like

Re: Should I head to Masters straight up? by Nddytex08(m): 8:30am On Jan 05, 2019
xtain7:
My candid advice , if there's no Job at hand now. Apply for your MSc.. Time flies.

am looking out for petty jobs that can land me few bucks for now n not the very official one that might tie me down and hinder my chances of progression academically. Thanks for your advice Bro
Re: Should I head to Masters straight up? by Nddytex08(m): 8:33am On Jan 05, 2019
asuustrike1:
That is my fear for now. The financial side of it. Although one has to be prepared before enrolling into it.
Re: Should I head to Masters straight up? by projectreserve2: 8:45am On Jan 05, 2019
Download Free Research Project Topics & Materials Online.
Click on the link in my Signature to visit website Now!
Re: Should I head to Masters straight up? by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 05, 2019
xtain7:

But it's worth while
For lecturing
Re: Should I head to Masters straight up? by ksbusari(m): 2:03pm On Jan 05, 2019
Ur parents are even trying. they will soon spoil you if u don't apply for masters straight. u will continue to expect from them if u don't move out of the house as soon as possible. apply for Ur MSc.
Re: Should I head to Masters straight up? by Nddytex08(m): 8:31pm On Jan 05, 2019
ksbusari:
Ur parents are even trying. they will soon spoil you if u don't apply for masters straight. u will continue to expect from them if u don't move out of the house as soon as possible. apply for Ur MSc.
They are not spoiling me in any way but encouraging for the master programme of which am here contemplating about. Thanks anyway
Re: Should I head to Masters straight up? by xtain7: 2:22pm On Mar 14, 2019
Nddytex08:
Greetings fellow NAIRALANDERS, Pls I need your advice cos am in a delicate state now.

Am a young guy who finished from service in the latter part of 2018. As this year has already begun am in a kind of cross way between furthering for my master degree or getting a job for now(decent one) to at least be leaving home (mind u I stay with my parents for now) and be earning some money. As a young guy I need money in my pocket and not to looking up to my Parent for everything even as I have "Graduated" and should be on my own as they have tried so much for me; as well as get some working experience so as to fully concentrate on my master degree God willing by Year 2020. Or should I pursue my master now that am still kinda fresh(school-wise) back from service with passion for school (although the challenge of finance in school is another issue) which after upon completion I can get a "Much Better" job. I will be 25 Years this year (If not already) and I just want the best for my future as am approaching defining phases in my life. Pls I need mature n experience advice here. Thanks

Hey hope you have heed our advice and applied for MSc already
Re: Should I head to Masters straight up? by Nddytex08(m): 12:22pm On Oct 28, 2019
xtain7:

Hey hope you have heed our advice and applied for MSc already

Hmmm... wish I can say yes but No ave not. Am Presently working with an Electricity Disco. I guess along the line i really needed to work as things(finance) were not too rosy to had fend my Educational Advancement. Though the urge is there, deep down i really wish to enrol of which I trust God to help Me with. But For now its about the money at the end of the day. Thanks 4 ur concern n pray 4 Me as well.

(1) (Reply)

1st Degree Graduate Certificate {FUTO} / Is Computer Engineering Or Science Worth Studying In Nigeria / St. Charles Borromeo Hospital College Of Nursing Admission Form 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.