Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job (18375 Views)

Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... / The Interior Of Kenny Blaq New Home (Photos) / Zobwa Wabantu: "My Ugly Face Got Me This Far" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by GistersNG: 1:51am On Jan 05, 2019
Popular Nollywood actor, Yemi Blaq, is known for his deep and intimidating voice. In a chat with Saturday Beats, the Nollywood actor revealed how his deep voice got him a job offer from a radio station instantly.

“I shot a movie in 2007, titled, ‘Letters to a stranger’, but apart from the fact that I looked like the character they wanted; my voice was important in getting me the role. All my brothers talk like me, it’s in the gene. At age 17, I called in on a radio programme, and the managing director of the radio station was the one hosting the programme on that day.

“After the telephone call, he asked me to come the next day and he offered me a job. I thanked him but I couldn’t accept the offer because I wasn’t ready for a job at the time. I am happy my fans love my voice, sometimes when I listen to myself, I also like it. I wanted to focus on my music career then, I wanted to be on stage rapping, singing and doing my things.

“I have recorded a couple of songs, but I am a perfectionist when it comes to music. I am not going to put out anything that doesn’t represent my thoughts and aspirations. I am currently working on some of my songs; they are not the regular secular songs, so I was advised to release them with videos.

“My most cherished physical attribute would be my height, I wanted to be much taller than I am when I was young, but God decided to stop me at 6ft3. My son is going to achieve that for me so I am happy; I wanted my height to stop at 6ft7,” he told Saturday Beats.

The actor also talked about some of the roles he has featured in as an actor, explaining how he handled some challenging ones in the past.

“I have had a couple of challenging roles, there was a time I played the role of a rapist; which has nothing to do with my personality. I interpreted the role so well. The actress I acted alongside had to ask me if that was my real personality; I was satisfied with that comment because it meant I interpreted the role well.

“I love my job so much and I look forward to exploring different roles. Anytime I am going on set, I look forward to meeting new people and challenges. I always feel good when my fans give me positive feedback,” he said.

Asked about his opinion about the many failed marriages in the entertainment industry, the dark-skinned actor noted that the failed marriages in the industry were pronounced because the individuals involved are celebrities.

“There are many failed marriages everywhere, the ones in Nollywood are more pronounced because there are more news stories about celebrities than regular people. It is an anomaly affecting the society today; there is a paradigm shift when it comes to relationships and families. I would advise women to talk to their sons more about what women really desire in a relationship.

“Fathers should also talk to their daughters more about how they should behave in marriage. When I met my wife, we had mutual respect for each other; it wasn’t about the physical attributes, it was about the talent and intellect.

“I have always been sapiosexual; I am not about a woman’s physique; I am about a woman’s mind. Unfortunately, I discovered there are not too many intelligent women around because the society seems to force women to become shelves. The next generation is likely to be affected because a high percentage of a child’s intelligence is got from the mother,” he said.

Gist from GistMore - http://gistmore.com/my-voice-once-got-me-an-instant-job-yemi-blaq

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by GistersNG: 1:52am On Jan 05, 2019
sad

3 Likes

Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by Tonmiwatimmy: 2:26am On Jan 05, 2019
voice kill you there.......the guy above wating u gain grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by praizblog: 6:40am On Jan 05, 2019
Wow

Two lovers make love In The Public, At Broad Day Light, See Nigerians Reaction >>>SEE PHOTOS & WATCH 18+ VIDEO HERE

Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by Dreddblogger(m): 8:57am On Jan 05, 2019
smiley

Young Nigerian Lady Trends After Sharing Pics With Condom On Facebook See 18+ Pictures Here
Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by Tamarapetty(f): 9:04am On Jan 05, 2019
So what did he say??
Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by Kpiggy: 10:52am On Jan 05, 2019
Lol
Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by Sweetcollins: 10:52am On Jan 05, 2019
Congrats

1 Like

Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by sanmtiago(m): 10:53am On Jan 05, 2019
My voice sexy pass this paddy own cool

1 Like

Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by sukerefakere(m): 10:53am On Jan 05, 2019
grin
Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 05, 2019
one of my favourite thespians of naija origin

9 Likes

Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by Sirheny007(m): 10:54am On Jan 05, 2019
Yemi Blaq, is known for his deep and intimidating voice

Stop rushing into conclusions man.
You need to hear Yul Edochie

3 Likes

Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by Offpoint: 10:55am On Jan 05, 2019
My ex mouth once got her a job.....

A blów job

9 Likes

Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by Ephramed(m): 10:57am On Jan 05, 2019
i want to start DNS investment this year,anybody with how to go about will be appreciated.
Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by kolafolabi(m): 10:59am On Jan 05, 2019
His golden voice is second to none

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by israelmao(m): 11:00am On Jan 05, 2019
Baritone voice matched with good diction.

12 Likes

Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by PrinceVM(m): 11:00am On Jan 05, 2019
sae God?
only wat I discover of this dude is dat he's very gentle

1 Like

Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by NaijaOlosho(f): 11:01am On Jan 05, 2019
This guy is ugly i dont like him

Him Penis go small too grin
Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by emmabest2000(m): 11:02am On Jan 05, 2019
Voice ke

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by Diso60090(m): 11:03am On Jan 05, 2019
Yemi brek ride on
Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by Lindaikeji007: 11:04am On Jan 05, 2019
Offpoint:
My ex mouth once got her a job.....

A blów job

Idiot grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by dublinkmy6: 11:04am On Jan 05, 2019
"a high percentage of a child's intelligence is got from the mother"
wahala dey o!

2 Likes

Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by KINGJAJA888(m): 11:06am On Jan 05, 2019
Really, do children really get most of their intelligence from their Mothers undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by davecris(m): 11:07am On Jan 05, 2019
NaijaOlosho:
This guy is ugly i dont like him

Him Penis go small too grin

2 Likes

Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by Ubiudumo(m): 11:10am On Jan 05, 2019
GistersNG:
Popular Nollywood actor, Yemi Blaq, is known for his deep and intimidating voice. In a chat with Saturday Beats, the Nollywood actor revealed how his deep voice got him a job offer from a radio station instantly.

“I shot a movie in 2007, titled, ‘Letters to a stranger’, but apart from the fact that I looked like the character they wanted; my voice was important in getting me the role. All my brothers talk like me, it’s in the gene. At age 17, I called in on a radio programme, and the managing director of the radio station was the one hosting the programme on that day.

“After the telephone call, he asked me to come the next day and he offered me a job. I thanked him but I couldn’t accept the offer because I wasn’t ready for a job at the time. I am happy my fans love my voice, sometimes when I listen to myself, I also like it. I wanted to focus on my music career then, I wanted to be on stage rapping, singing and doing my things.

“I have recorded a couple of songs, but I am a perfectionist when it comes to music. I am not going to put out anything that doesn’t represent my thoughts and aspirations. I am currently working on some of my songs; they are not the regular secular songs, so I was advised to release them with videos.

“My most cherished physical attribute would be my height, I wanted to be much taller than I am when I was young, but God decided to stop me at 6ft3. My son is going to achieve that for me so I am happy; I wanted my height to stop at 6ft7,” he told Saturday Beats.

The actor also talked about some of the roles he has featured in as an actor, explaining how he handled some challenging ones in the past.

“I have had a couple of challenging roles, there was a time I played the role of a rapist; which has nothing to do with my personality. I interpreted the role so well. The actress I acted alongside had to ask me if that was my real personality; I was satisfied with that comment because it meant I interpreted the role well.

“I love my job so much and I look forward to exploring different roles. Anytime I am going on set, I look forward to meeting new people and challenges. I always feel good when my fans give me positive feedback,” he said.

Asked about his opinion about the many failed marriages in the entertainment industry, the dark-skinned actor noted that the failed marriages in the industry were pronounced because the individuals involved are celebrities.

“There are many failed marriages everywhere, the ones in Nollywood are more pronounced because there are more news stories about celebrities than regular people. It is an anomaly affecting the society today; there is a paradigm shift when it comes to relationships and families. I would advise women to talk to their sons more about what women really desire in a relationship.

“Fathers should also talk to their daughters more about how they should behave in marriage. When I met my wife, we had mutual respect for each other; it wasn’t about the physical attributes, it was about the talent and intellect.

“I have always been sapiosexual; I am not about a woman’s physique; I am about a woman’s mind. Unfortunately, I discovered there are not too many intelligent women around because the society seems to force women to become shelves. The next generation is likely to be affected because a high percentage of a child’s intelligence is got from the mother,” he said.

Gist from GistMore - http://gistmore.com/my-voice-once-got-me-an-instant-job-yemi-blaq

Tamarapetty:
So what did he say??
Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by dingbang(m): 11:10am On Jan 05, 2019
Ok... Go and be the voice of big brother.

1 Like

Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by Acecube(m): 11:11am On Jan 05, 2019
Are you a rapist ? grin
Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by jeff1607(m): 11:12am On Jan 05, 2019
Tamarapetty:
So what did he say??
gdghdjdkxjxhdjdieojsbxvxvdjdiosjxbxhdjsjdjjxhdhdhx voice
Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by Morbeta11(m): 11:13am On Jan 05, 2019
kolafolabi:
His golden voice is second to none
H
If there is gold in his voice.... grin .....why looking for a job.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Yemi Blaq: My Voice Once Got Me An Instant Job by datola: 11:15am On Jan 05, 2019
Yemi Black, Nollywood's most underrated talented actor.

The guy is cool, calm and collected. Very humble on occasions I have had contact with him.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chika Ike Rocks Fabulously In Chic Photos / Wizkid An Illuminati Member? / Tboss Pictured With Uti Nwachukwu In A Loveup Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.