Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Tyre Advice - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tyre Advice (1208 Views)

Goodyear Introduces Concept Tyre That Can Absorb Pollution On The Road / Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change / Is This Vehicle Rubber Tyre The Future Of Tyres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tyre Advice by gonkin(m): 7:54am On Jan 05, 2019
Please i have an issue with my tyres
My front tyres ive been using for ages and no issue at all but my rear tyres is starting to become a headache.
I changed both 4 months ago cuz it was making my vehicle wobble. After changing it functioned smoothly for a while smooth driving the shaking stopped. Sometime around December the wobble came back. And i was just wondering if the tyres i bought were expired but my tyre is DOT3516 and 4215. The 3516 has a weird crack now, this same crack appeared on the previous tyres although i saved one of the previous tyres as spare.
Please i wanna ask is it wheel balancing it needs cuz the tyres were fine but after sometime the problem resumed here are the pictures.
The previous tyre is the one i use as spare. Has a similar crack. Please help and advice. I also need tyres

Re: Tyre Advice by ayenika1: 8:42am On Jan 05, 2019
The moment you changed your tyres,you do alignment asap. Those tires are gone bro. Fix alignment
Re: Tyre Advice by gonkin(m): 9:00am On Jan 05, 2019
ayenika1:
The moment you changed your tyres,you do alignment asap. Those tires are gone bro. Fix alignment

I know they're gone. The previous tyres took me from lagos to delta with no issues but due to age and some unknown issues it started bending
Now this is bending too.
Re: Tyre Advice by nurey(m): 2:16pm On Jan 05, 2019
gonkin:

I know they're gone. The previous tyres took me from lagos to delta with no issues but due to age and some unknown issues it started bending
Now this is bending too.

check your rims if they are bent. Then next is if your car is a RWD then check your suspension parts.

This happens only at the rear something is happening there, probably your chassis is bent hope the car wasn't in a recent collision
Re: Tyre Advice by gonkin(m): 2:41pm On Jan 05, 2019
nurey:

check your rims if they are bent. Then next is if your car is a RWD then check your suspension parts.

This happens only at the rear something is happening there, probably your chassis is bent hope the car wasn't in a recent collision

Both rims cant be bent at the same time.
Its a solid axle truck and solid axles are very durable. Actually the tyres were used. But what im worried about is the wheel balancing i diddn't do. Also i looked back at the cracks. The crack might happens when ever i over load and i lifted 11people. I intend to get better tyres and balance the wheel
Re: Tyre Advice by nurey(m): 2:53pm On Jan 05, 2019
gonkin:

Both rims cant be bent at the same time.
Its a solid axle truck and solid axles are very durable. Actually the tyres were used. But what im worried about is the wheel balancing i diddn't do. Also i looked back at the cracks. The crack might happens when ever i over load and i lifted 11people. I intend to get better tyres and balance the wheel

rear alignment of balancing is very rear except your car has an independent suspension or its a rear wheel drive.

But you can still do it though, it's not that expensive then buy quality tires and confirm. if you have alignment issue one tire would feel the effect more than the other, but yours is both sides.

11 people at an average of 70kg = 770kg, that's still within the limit of a truck except you were carrying 11 dead bodies also it's a 1 time thing not regular for a long time.

the crack could also be clearance issue, body touching tyre
Re: Tyre Advice by gonkin(m): 3:58pm On Jan 05, 2019
nurey:

rear alignment of balancing is very rear except your car has an independent suspension or its a rear wheel drive.

But you can still do it though, it's not that expensive then buy quality tires and confirm. if you have alignment issue one tire would feel the effect more than the other, but yours is both sides.

11 people at an average of 70kg = 770kg, that's still within the limit of a truck except you were carrying 11 dead bodies also it's a 1 time thing not regular for a long time.

the crack could also be clearance issue, body touching tyre

Did a check and its just a1 tyre. The bad one the other is fine.

Note i mentioned the vehicle moves fine when i changed the tyres although they weren't new but i believe a new one and wheel balancing would solve it

(1) (Reply)

Vladimir Putin’s 7-ton Limo Makes A Debut At Geneva Motor Show - Photos / How Can To Identify Major Differences Between Toyota Matrix Models / Track Your Car Yourself (affordable).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.