Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,184 members, 7,829,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

10 Things To Improve On This New Year, 2019 - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Things To Improve On This New Year, 2019 (13228 Views)

What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? / When Is The Nigerian Army Dssc Recruitment Starting For The Year 2019 / New Year 2019 Celebrations Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things To Improve On This New Year, 2019 by sanmtiago(m): 8:36pm On Jan 05, 2019
daveP:
Then take up saving seriously. and spend on what you need really.
thank you sir

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Improve On This New Year, 2019 by daveP(m): 8:37pm On Jan 05, 2019
ayesco202:
You can't fully learn a language within the space of 1-2 years.
Yes you can, we were small and learnt and spoke French in school.

our parents were taught Hausa ,igbo and yoruba and they grabbed all 3 cos of the enthusiasm. Be enthusiastic and 3months with focus, youd be speaking it.

Im currently learning xhosa and zulu and just 3 music groups are actually helping aprat from the books; Soweto Gospel Choir and Sautisol. Very easy and direct!!!
Re: 10 Things To Improve On This New Year, 2019 by folake4u(f): 9:02pm On Jan 05, 2019
Very good thread Dave @ daveP.
cool smiley.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Improve On This New Year, 2019 by ayesco202(m): 9:05pm On Jan 05, 2019
daveP:
Yes you can, we were small and learnt and spoke French in school.

our parents were taught Hausa ,igbo and yoruba and they grabbed all 3 cos of the enthusiasm. Be enthusiastic and 3months with focus, youd be speaking it.

Im currently learning xhosa and zulu and just 3 music groups are actually helping aprat from the books; Soweto Gospel Choir and Sautisol. Very easy and direct!!!
Well, I agree with you on being enthusiastic. You need to also note that for the fact that you could communicate in French as a result of learning doesn't mean you could operate very well on the various linguistic categories.

Besides, the linguistic and communicative competence you can display on a language acquired is different from that you display on a language learnt in school. It takes time to fully learn a language.
Re: 10 Things To Improve On This New Year, 2019 by Chinashopping84: 9:07pm On Jan 05, 2019
ok cool
Re: 10 Things To Improve On This New Year, 2019 by jeph19(m): 10:46pm On Jan 05, 2019
Well written and encouraging
Re: 10 Things To Improve On This New Year, 2019 by cheunway9000: 10:54pm On Jan 05, 2019
i think saving is important this year
Re: 10 Things To Improve On This New Year, 2019 by macarson2k(m): 12:05am On Jan 06, 2019
daveP:
10. Know Yourself

Everyone of us have something that just makeus standout wherever we go. It is usually "normal" to us, but it makes us unique. Most times, encouragement isn't forthcoming and these talents, gifts, skills die. Some get cut right down the middle and so it ends.

Be happy that the era where our parents were just after their kids studying 4 courses in the whole 500+ available, is fading fast. Doctor, Engineer, Lawyer, Accountancy/Banker. There's more than these now and it's not everyone that would do all these 4 amongst 60million youths seeking admission. So walk in line and know what makes you tick.

Sometimes, discovering yourself is going to take time.

Just like Adekunle Gold, when graduating from Laspotech didn't know music was going to be what he would be doing 5yrs later.

or

Francisca Ordega, that wanted to just be a ballgirl at any stadium but is now the face of the women's national team, Super Falcons, and is just getting started....

Just don't give up..... Believe, but work hard towards it.

Nice one

God bless us all as we take a new step this new year despite how things are right now, we hope on!

Gracias.
Compiled by me.

Cc

Lalasticlala
Re: 10 Things To Improve On This New Year, 2019 by Nigerianurse: 4:55am On Jan 06, 2019
This is very true,thanks
Re: 10 Things To Improve On This New Year, 2019 by tessyk87(f): 10:56am On Jan 06, 2019
This is so inspiring
Re: 10 Things To Improve On This New Year, 2019 by OyinO: 12:00pm On Jan 06, 2019
Greatest post so far in 2019
Re: 10 Things To Improve On This New Year, 2019 by Greatzeus(m): 3:13pm On Jan 06, 2019
ShameOnAPC:
Do you have anything you do apart from staying online on nairaland 24/7?
Is Seun Osewa paying you for commenting on every post?
Its clear everything about you is lifeless like your dullard Sudanese that Amachi exposed today
It's obvious Apc and Pmb are your nightmare,you even named yourself after your supposed worst enemy,in Yoruba land,they call it pointing to your father's house with your left hand(If you don't understand,go ask elders at home, they'll help).
Now to the business at hand, explain this to me,you rarely come to Nairaland right? But when you do you see a moniker and you assume he/she's always online? Hello Obviously your comment is fueled with hate that has no cause,just because you think he or she is of diverse political views from yours.
Many are here on Nairaland, doing their business making millions,you a grown ass man carry politicians matter on your head.Men who don't give a huff about your miserable existence. Must everyone support your candidate? Can't you do your thing and let him do his? No wonder they call you people children of hate,gosh undecided
Re: 10 Things To Improve On This New Year, 2019 by ShameOnAPC: 3:27pm On Jan 06, 2019
Greatzeus:

~It's obvious Apc and Pmb are your nightmare,in Yoruba land,they call it pointing to your father's house with your left hand(If you don't understand,go ask elders at home, they'll help).
Many are here on Nairaland, doing their business making millions~ undecided
mumu,
Re: 10 Things To Improve On This New Year, 2019 by sweetilicious(f): 4:33pm On Jan 06, 2019
daveP:
2: Stop the emphasis on haters

Life is much more than watching what others are going to say about you. But having this deadly height of insecurity that makes you divert energy to haters, recognising them and mentioning them all over social media is just a waste of time. Why? You think the rantings free you up, but you get the wrong motivation moving forward,and then end up doing all trying to prove them wrong.

That isnt life! That's Mental Slavery! Personally i just don't even understand why you give them attention. I don't even act like i gat haters and my head is cool and life is not stressful with that thought. Hop on and see how it feels. Focus energy on better things.

I chose this one.
Re: 10 Things To Improve On This New Year, 2019 by sweetilicious(f): 4:34pm On Jan 06, 2019
daveP:
3. Read more Books

I have to say that the guys do alot of readings than the girls especially when it's gonna help solve one or two problems that hinders them. So yes this might be more for the ladies, but irrespective, everyone should improve on just reading to expand your knowledge depth.
Alot is hidden in real hard cover books and only 10-15percent of them get to surface all over social media.

Make this interesting and inspire yourself to read at least 5 books a month. And this is far away from any encouragement to read romantic novels.. No!!!!

Works for mua
Re: 10 Things To Improve On This New Year, 2019 by nisot23(f): 6:28pm On Jan 06, 2019
Well done op, trust me this makes a lot of sense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Regret Not Doing In 2018 And Your Goals For 2019? / 15 Of The World’s Most Expensive And Luxurious Brothels / Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.