Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,486 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? (13267 Views)

FACTS OR FICTIONS? / Nigerian Companies And The Owners Risk / Nigerian It Companies And Email (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by kel4soft: 4:02pm On Aug 21, 2014
This thread is open for Civil Engineers and other related fields who are in highway doing what you know how to do best.

I want to know, does your company use rainmakers in projects? or is there any chemical (science) that suspends precipitation?

In 2007-2009, I noticed something, when Julius Berger was constructing Eleme Junction Interchange here in Port Harcourt, the rains didn't pour as usual. It is either falling everywhere except at Eleme Junction, or the duration of rainfall is minimal when compare to other areas in the state. It was like the dry season was stretched some folks believed JB actually controls the rains.

Is it a fact or fiction?

Discuss!

2 Likes

Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by Oklander: 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2014
Even if its possible, I see no reason why they would do that as Road construction is best during rainy season...
Edit
Don't mean constructing when its raining. Best and durable roads are achieved during rainy season, due to possible repetitive filling and compaction, although it will in cure more cost, but if its safer to achieve that best result, then safety comes first.

1 Like

Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by jesse8048(m): 7:07pm On Aug 21, 2014
Have nothing to say, so permit me to throw my mat and see if I can learn something here.

5 Likes

Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by 2cato: 8:05pm On Aug 21, 2014
I have heard of such but why do rain disturb the chinko people CCEC durring the construction of badagry high way?

3 Likes

Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by kel4soft: 10:28pm On Aug 21, 2014
Oklander: Even if its possible, I sea no reason why they would do that as Road construction is best during rainy season...

Are you sure road construction is best constructed during the rainy season? Since wheather conditions can affect the dimensions.

3 Likes

Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by kel4soft: 10:31pm On Aug 21, 2014
2cato: I have heard of such but why do rain disturb the chinko people CCEC durring the construction of badagry high way?

RCC does the same thing here too in Port Harcourt.

1 Like

Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by Oklander: 10:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
kel4soft:

Are you sure road construction is best constructed during the rainy season? Since whether conditions can affect the dimensions.

If you are referring to road expansion and contraction during hot and cold whether, those are factors taken care of during the design irrespective of the season.

Water control is very crucial in road constructions, it is one of the most important factors considered. If the road is constructed during dry season and by chance the movement and possible effects of water is not properly "predicted" and taken care of, the road will be as good as "finish", The end(destruction) starts the following season(rainy). So its best during the rainy season as during this time you would be able to see and eliminate possible future effects of water that may probably leads to destruction.

12 Likes

Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by kel4soft: 11:41pm On Aug 21, 2014
Oklander:
If you are referring to road expansion and contraction during hot and cold whether, those are factors taken care of during the design irrespective of the season.

Water control is very crucial in road constructions, it is one of the most important factors considered. If the road is constructed during dry season and by chance the movement and possible effects of water is not properly "predicted" and taken care of, the road will be as good as "finish", The end(destruction) starts the following season(rainy). So its best during the rainy season as during this time you would be able to see and eliminate possible future effects of water that may probably leads to destruction.

Absolute spot on. But do you believe in any voodoo involve in suspending or is it just ones imagination?
Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by diablos: 1:20am On Aug 22, 2014
Stopping rain is d most minute of things that julius berger does. They even capture spirits n deities dat attempt to hinder dia construction work.

20 Likes

Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by Nobody: 2:57am On Aug 22, 2014
diablos: Stopping rain is d most minute of things that julius berger does. They even capture spirits n deities dat attempt to hinder dia construction work.

Like seriously?!

4 Likes

Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by lonelydora: 3:07am On Aug 22, 2014
I have heard this so many times but i don't know if it is true or not.
Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by BekeeBuAgbara: 4:08am On Aug 22, 2014
Its fact not fiction although it is easier to have artificial rainfall through cloud seeding, than to stop rain.
This is what Chen Zhenin, vice president of the Chinese Meteorological Administration said about rain disturbance and weather modification technology during 2008 Beijing Olympic ''If you're talking about small rain, you can eliminate it, but if it's going to be raining cats and dogs, there is nothing man can do about it''

3 Likes

Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by englishmart(m): 5:39am On Aug 22, 2014
Well, I have a believe those construction managers have a way of stopping rain from falling.

I could recall when I was working at a construction site in Abuja. (world trade centre abuja project)

sometimes we come to work in the morning heavily drenched in rainfall. It will continue falling, but as soon as it's 7.30 (work time) the rain stops/gradually reduces.

More so, whenever there is concrete casting, rain never falls until the concrete sets.

Most times, rain falls only during lunch-break, or closure time.
SMH for Indian people.

embarassed

embarassed

embarassed

10 Likes

Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by omoredia: 5:39am On Aug 22, 2014
!??

Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by Danjunior(m): 5:40am On Aug 22, 2014
This thread no be thread to read in the middle of the night with all these una contribution o!!! Well, I know say spiritual things they real when with my naked eyes , I saw when they were removing things from a human body, even a part of a room like that. That day I talk say I won't blink my eyes so no one would decieve me but yet I saw things beyond my comprehension embarassedThis thread no be thread to read in the middle of the night with all these una contribution o!!! Well, I know say spiritual things they real when with my naked eyes , I saw when they were removing things from a human body, even a part of a room like that. That day I talk say I won't blink my eyes so no one would decieve me but yet I saw things beyond my comprehension

2 Likes

Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by alingo4life: 5:41am On Aug 22, 2014
rain rain go away,come again another day..little children want to play.. cry cry cry cry
Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by freshness2020: 5:41am On Aug 22, 2014
Nice thread.
I seriously need clarification in that regard.
Waiting patiently for experience comments!

1 Like

Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by slimpoppa(m): 5:43am On Aug 22, 2014
Big fiction.
Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by lilprinze: 5:44am On Aug 22, 2014
I don't even know what to say sef but no knowledge is a waste sha
Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by justi4jesu(f): 5:46am On Aug 22, 2014
diablos: Stopping rain is d most minute of things that julius berger does. They even capture spirits n deities dat attempt to hinder dia construction work.

Hmmmm angry
Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by englishmart(m): 5:46am On Aug 22, 2014
lilprinze: .
Oga, u too dey follow children do this kain thing?
Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by englishmart(m): 5:47am On Aug 22, 2014
Danjunior: H
so you dey do this kain thing?
Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by elvisz(m): 5:47am On Aug 22, 2014
dont really know if construction companies hire dem. But i know during raining season in my state(Edo),all these rainmakers make alot of money to hold d rain during ceremonies. And wen dey do it,u will not see a drop of rain, but it will rain else. Upon d money dey make dey are always dirty and always die prematurely. undecideddont really know if construction companies hire dem. But i know during raining season in my state(Edo),all these rainmakers make alot of money to hold d rain during ceremonies. And wen dey do it,u will not see a drop of rain, but it will rain else. Upon d money dey make dey are always dirty and always die prematurely.
Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by englishmart(m): 5:47am On Aug 22, 2014
omoredia: !??
any need for this?
Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by Ghydyon(m): 5:49am On Aug 22, 2014
even house builders use rain makers wont be suprice if construction companies use it
Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by Afrocatalyst: 5:50am On Aug 22, 2014
Fiction.
Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by Nobody: 5:54am On Aug 22, 2014
spot on
I once heard berger captured the troublesome njaba river snake before they completed that bridge on Anambra Owerri expressway

1 Like

Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by Danjunior(m): 5:54am On Aug 22, 2014
englishmart: so you dey do this kain thing?
U know me from anywhere?
Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by BrAkingNews: 5:56am On Aug 22, 2014
h
Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by phorget(m): 5:57am On Aug 22, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]Dont go far lookin for the babalawo dat assist in catchin the rain... COS I AM HERE. ;DDont go far lookin for the babalawo dat assist in catchin the rain... COS I AM HERE.
Re: Construction Companies And Rainmakers: Facts Or Fictions? by iiichidodo: 6:00am On Aug 22, 2014
Delaying rainfall over an area of infrastructural importance is a matter of good timing and deployment of weather tools used to disperse cumulonimbus clouds.....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Men Spend More Time Gossping Than Women - Study / Logicboy Tells Why He Left Nairaland / A Thread For Quotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.